Peregrin-Falco
Peregrin-Falco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 13:39:11 Reply

I totally agree with this new system

I'm currently working on an upcomming movie myself, and while it is my first serious flash movie I've been working on it for about 2 months now and I've put a hell of alot of effort into it! The last thing I need is for some guy who's never even touched flash, and never even for a second considered how much time and effort goes into an even decent flash to give me a review like "tht sukked Ur gay go to hEll" those just really piss me off. I've submitted small stuff before and most of it got blammed. but I'm working damn hard on this! I know it's my first real flash movie for all intents and purposes, but come on! help me out here. telling me I'm gay isnt gunna help me get any better!

~cheap plug!~
*by the way, watch for Mutant City, Revolution comming soon!*

sorry... couldnt help myself....

ZombieLennon
ZombieLennon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 13:48:25 Reply

At 2/11/03 05:42 PM, Istari wrote: What's with all the new rules and regulations on Newgrounds?

There are new rules because of reviewers making flash makers sad :*(

Reviewed by Istari
Why? February 1, 2003
Entry: Columbia Tribute :( Overall rating: 0
Why wasn't this piece of crap blammed like the piece of crap it is? Clock Destroyer needs to make a comeback..
Graphics: 0 Sound: 0 Interactivity: 0 Style: 0 Violence: 0 Humor: 0

ZombieLennon
ZombieLennon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 14:07:18 Reply

At 2/11/03 07:24 PM, Luche2463 wrote: Again, we have the owners of this site telling people how to think about stuff that we see. Sure there are jerks that write reviews just for the sake of doing them, but they just have to accept that that is a flaw for rewarding people for doing so. Stop limiting everyone else's voice Tom, and just get rid of the system all together. This place has really gone down hill... :(

OHHH PLEASE. This cames from a loser who writes a review like this for a great movie:

Haha...fuck you January 4, 2003
Entry: N Overall rating: 0
orangeclock, you are one sick bastard. How the hell did this get on the front pagem, huh? It kinda makes me wonder if the stuff one the front page is put up there based on its merit or not. Either way, I hate this tricky shit and OrangeClock, it is a wonder that the BlamClub didn't blam this thing when it came onto the portal! It just shows you that people don't actually watch these things all the way through! Come on people, we have to get shit like this off Newgrounds!
Graphics: 0 Sound: 0 Interactivity: 1 Style: 1 Violence: 1 Humor: 0

I bet you can't do anything worth of a shit in Flash

moc-moc-a-moc
moc-moc-a-moc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 14:24:16 Reply

What's so bad about that review? A review is an opinion, and whether it's useful or not is also an opinion

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 14:59:48 Reply

I now see what is meant by "Abusive". This is a good idea. It seems some people have nothing better to do than demonstrate their proficiency with profanity.

I'll admit I've written some abusive reviews before (and really, who hasn't at one time or another), but to write abusive reviews for the "Nuerotically Yours" series? Thats just foolish.

And on the whole "gay" and "fag" as an insult, I think people need to think about this a little. Now, most males want to be percieved as "manly", I.E. you fuck lots of women, eat beef jerky, participate in some kind of cool activity, and generally be a cool guy. The reason why "gay" and "fag" are INSULTS is because sucking dick and having butt sex are NOT what society deems as masculine activities.

I don't have a problem with gays, as most people don't, but if somebody accuses me of enjoying ass-fucking? I'm sorry, but I'm going to get offended. Homosexuals should just accept that their choice of lifestlye conflicts with what society deems masculine (Hell, some of them STRIVE to be less masculine) and get over the insults. Gay, fag, wimp, dork, nerd, pussy, and queen are insults because they are anti-masculine.

And that is why insults are gay.

Big News for Reviews!

jschwartzny
jschwartzny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 15:10:54 Reply

yes great

Buck-Uncle
Buck-Uncle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 15:15:41 Reply

Wholy Smokes, is the server ever slow today, I can't even load up animations let alone the images on this site, agrivating(sp?)

slipknot6664
slipknot6664
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 15:17:54 Reply

kool get them basterds

Big News for Reviews!

Robain
Robain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 15:18:34 Reply

i don`t care about this new system.
all i wnat is the user profile up running again.

Buck-Uncle
Buck-Uncle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 15:30:36 Reply

At 2/12/03 02:59 PM, Keyser_Soze wrote:

I don't have a problem with gays, as most people don't, but if somebody accuses me of enjoying ass-fucking? I'm sorry, but I'm going to get offended. Homosexuals should just accept that their choice of lifestlye conflicts with what society deems masculine (Hell, some of them STRIVE to be less masculine) and get over the insults. Gay, fag, wimp, dork, nerd, pussy, and queen are insults because they are anti-masculine.

So your saying your gay? or just anti-masculine? you just said gay insults are gay. duh! so u r 2 or what?

nazibomb
nazibomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 15:55:37 Reply

liljim, tom, whomever i can ask this to, will there be a way for reviewers to see how many people found thier reviews to be helpful(or not helpful)? like in thier grounds gold menu?

BBS Signature
kazus
kazus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 16:06:53 Reply

WHY IS NO ONE ACCUSING 3DBBQ (force leader 1 and 2 and ::CYBER UF2:: ) OF STEALING??? hes a level 1 light! his message is hello! he hardly writes anything for the comments on the games!!!!

OK yes he has a site and all :D which I just noticed now......But still! why did he post both force leaders in the same day and have one of the with caps and :: while the other not?

Its like he doesnt really care what happens to the games!
If he put lots and lots of work into them he could have put a bit more on comments...or even put capitals in the title for force leader 1

WELL 3DBBQ....can you please point out to me if you are stealing them or not...or at least put a bit more work in the newgrounds comments/titles so maybe them they might look a bit more inviting
also work on your profile a bit.....hello! isnt very clever..use some of your imagination like the games
Dats all.....bye ^_^

Big News for Reviews!

Sweden-Forever
Sweden-Forever
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 16:26:51 Reply

so we should go to their houses and kick their asses eh?

Liquidz2k
Liquidz2k
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 16:42:06 Reply

At 2/12/03 07:17 AM, liljim wrote:
Now something that could inspire people to do so would be to have a top 50 most usefull reviewer's section on the user page. That would inspire good reviews, as everyone can vote on the review, and see it for what it is.
And what would the criteria for that be?

What I was thinking here is this:
I write a review, and 75% of the people that voted it said it was usefull. I would get a review point for that.

It was just an idea that might encourage people to vote on the review's if they are usefull or not. I just think people will not vote on them otherwise. I see what you are saying as to how this could be usefull for 56k users. So I see how this can have some potential.

Jose
Jose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 17:30:52 Reply

There has to be a decrease in reviews now. Restrictions like not being to see others reviews and having the author choose if he like your review or not. It kind of destroys anyones negitive opinion. Some author could be like "oh i don't like this guy, ill just press the hateful button and ban that asshole. I know i have slowed way down in my reviewing and voting. I just don't feel i should be fearing some stupid flash author who thinks im a cynical asshole for not liking his movie. What ever happened to flash animators having thick skin?

ultimate-wakka
ultimate-wakka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 17:59:45 Reply

Well, looks like once again it's up to me to rationalize all of newgrounds... alright here goes

I dont really have an opinion on if this new system is a good thing or not. I agree that reviews that are little more than personal shots at the animator are not needed, BUT! I also think that if this whole idea gets to far out of hand some people will actually abuse this system. if I were to make a movie that I thought was wonderful but everyone else thought was a piece of shit (and in fact it damn well could be) should I be able to take out the rage I feel towards my own flash inadequacies (sp??) on people who were just telling me what I didn't want to hear?... doesn't seem right to me. I've made several flash movies in the past, all of which have been dead for a long time so dont bother looking >_<, and I've gotten negative reviews and some abusive reviews. that sucks but you cant honestly punish people for their opinions! Now, having said that... what is with all this 'gay' and 'fag' stuff people are talking about?? are we so bored that we have to start disputing the use of a word used to describe homosexual people? I think this whole "well I'm not gay, but I'm alright with people that are... as long as they keep it away from me" crap should really just stop. Besides, who gives two bits of a damn anyways! the issue here is the new review system!

well, I guess that's all from me. you can all stop worrying now! I have spoken!

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 18:22:03 Reply

At 2/12/03 03:30 PM, Buck_Uncle wrote:
At 2/12/03 02:59 PM, Keyser_Soze wrote:
So your saying your gay? or just anti-masculine? you just said gay insults are gay. duh! so u r 2 or what?

I'm sorry, I guess my straightforward and coherent argument went over your head. For the record, I am not gay, as evidenced by the fact that "If someone says I like ass-fucking" I take it as an INSULT.

I am saying that I, like most other men, value my masculine image. Gay men are not exactly poster-boys for masculinity, therefore, if someone calls me gay, it is an insult because it mocks my masculinty.

And the line "Insults are gay" is a JOKE. But I guess if an joke doesn't involve the word "ass" or "boobs" you don't get it.

Jesus. Thick as a fucking brick.

Big News for Reviews!

SSMario
SSMario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 18:24:53 Reply

Whoopie! Now I will get less death threats for being a newbie!
Sweet!

LunatikzFear
LunatikzFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 18:42:41 Reply

I think you should just put the numbers of useful reviews on how many reviews he did on his profile or next to each review so their stupidity will follow them...

RyanAn
RyanAn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 19:02:33 Reply

The reign of certain people will go down in flames. Good idea...

Ryan

How you doin?

rezgwu
rezgwu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 19:08:38 Reply

At 2/12/03 06:42 PM, LunatikzFear wrote: I think you should just put the numbers of useful reviews on how many reviews he did on his profile or next to each review so their stupidity will follow them...

Nice work Liljim. I have seen too many reviews with only nasty insults and spam.

Crimson-Terror
Crimson-Terror
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 19:27:35 Reply

Great idea,

now those 'scum of the universe', who kept on putting insults in movies or any other related stuff from newgrounds should get a bitter life and let them know how hard this people work hard on their movies or games.

Good job LilJim.

anyways let's feed the chicken...

Big News for Reviews!

MetaphorcE
MetaphorcE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 19:54:15 Reply

I am an example of an oversensitive author. This feature rocks!!!

At 2/11/03 10:14 PM, EarthCrisis wrote:
some of us write big ass reviews with points in them, but accidently delete it and don't remember what you said except for the fact you didn't like it so you put "this is a piece of crap take up golf." in it's place.

I don't find "this is a piece of crap take up golf" abusive. You have called my movie crap, I can live with that, and you haven't really insulted me. But if you said "you are a piece of crap take up golf" I might find that abusive - but probably not.
SHIT PURE SHIT I HOPE U EAT SHIT AND DIE February 12, 2003
Reviewed by: hockeygod3407 Overall rating: 0
WTF IS THIS ALL YOUR MOVIES FUCKING SUCK BALLS
Graphics: 0 Sound: 0 Interactivity: 0 Style: 1 Violence: 0 Humor: 1

THAT'S what I'd call abusive. I think you're safe.
(If tom, wade, or liljim read this, delete hockeygod3407's account because he has reviewed 3 of my movies like that and when I tried emailing him about he had an invalid email address)

Luche2463
Luche2463
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 20:56:57 Reply

At 2/12/03 07:54 PM, Evil_San wrote: I am an example of an oversensitive author. This feature rocks!!!

At 2/11/03 10:14 PM, EarthCrisis wrote:
some of us write big ass reviews with points in them, but accidently delete it and don't remember what you said except for the fact you didn't like it so you put "this is a piece of crap take up golf." in it's place.
I don't find "this is a piece of crap take up golf" abusive. You have called my movie crap, I can live with that, and you haven't really insulted me. But if you said "you are a piece of crap take up golf" I might find that abusive - but probably not.
SHIT PURE SHIT I HOPE U EAT SHIT AND DIE February 12, 2003
Reviewed by: hockeygod3407 Overall rating: 0
WTF IS THIS ALL YOUR MOVIES FUCKING SUCK BALLS
Graphics: 0 Sound: 0 Interactivity: 0 Style: 1 Violence: 0 Humor: 1

THAT'S what I'd call abusive. I think you're safe.
(If tom, wade, or liljim read this, delete hockeygod3407's account because he has reviewed 3 of my movies like that and when I tried emailing him about he had an invalid email address)

Evil_San, don't be a bitch.... no one is forcing you to read the reviews and it doesn't take much for you to scroll right over them. This system is assuming that the "great authors" aren't smart enough or have the will power to skip over obvious abusive reviews. Don't nark on people... Just tell him that he is a bitch ( like i am right now ) and leave it at that. His review will get a not helpful rating and will be deleted... but don't nark on other people....

Luche2463
Luche2463
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 21:01:16 Reply

At 2/12/03 02:07 PM, Obey wrote:
At 2/11/03 07:24 PM, Luche2463 wrote: Again, we have the owners of this site telling people how to think about stuff that we see. Sure there are jerks that write reviews just for the sake of doing them, but they just have to accept that that is a flaw for rewarding people for doing so. Stop limiting everyone else's voice Tom, and just get rid of the system all together. This place has really gone down hill... :(
OHHH PLEASE. This cames from a loser who writes a review like this for a great movie:

orangeclock, you are one sick bastard. How the hell did this get on the front pagem, huh? It kinda makes me wonder if the stuff one the front page is put up there based on its merit or not. Either way, I hate this tricky shit and OrangeClock, it is a wonder that the BlamClub didn't blam this thing when it came onto the portal! It just shows you that people don't actually watch these things all the way through! Come on people, we have to get shit like this off Newgrounds!

I bet you can't do anything worth of a shit in Flash

STUPID! That i wrote this review here because it had that damn tricky the clown at the end... I was pissed off because the flash started out really well... It was that NIN music video that was o nthe front page a while ago... I don'[t know how this is abusive in any way. I feel, and i read a lot of the other reviews before i wrote mine, that i was speaking for a majority of the people... If this review was abusive than there are a lot of pussies here. IF you can't take the truth, especialy if you have a clown dancing around with its dick waving around at the end of your movie, and some one says " YOu are one sick bastard!", then don't submit stuff any more... 'cause that won't be the only review like that you'll get.

ZombieLennon
ZombieLennon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 21:22:14 Reply

At 2/12/03 09:01 PM, Luche2463 wrote: STUPID! That i wrote this review here because it had that damn tricky the clown at the end... I was pissed off because the flash started out really well... It was that NIN music video that was o nthe front page a while ago... I don'[t know how this is abusive in any way. I feel, and i read a lot of the other reviews before i wrote mine, that i was speaking for a majority of the people... If this review was abusive than there are a lot of pussies here. IF you can't take the truth, especialy if you have a clown dancing around with its dick waving around at the end of your movie, and some one says " YOu are one sick bastard!", then don't submit stuff any more... 'cause that won't be the only review like that you'll get.

Yeah, that's really mature. Vote 0 on the movie because of one little scene, and forget all the redeeming qualities, like the good graphics, sound, and animation.

GACBassPlayer
GACBassPlayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 21:22:28 Reply

yo...good idea but im curious if there's a penalty involved for abusers i.e.(a subtraction of exp points, sign on rights, etc.)

Also, maybe consider having a similar system for abusve responses, and a possible penalty for that aswell i.e.(reduction of exp points, inability to respond for a short period of time, reduced submission rights, etc) Although, its rare to see one of these, its still possible.

imbeyondboredom
imbeyondboredom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 21:32:07 Reply

At 2/12/03 09:22 PM, Obey wrote:
At 2/12/03 09:01 PM, Luche2463 wrote: STUPID! That i wrote this review here because it had that damn tricky the clown at the end... I was pissed off because the flash started out really well... It was that NIN music video that was o nthe front page a while ago... I don'[t know how this is abusive in any way. I feel, and i read a lot of the other reviews before i wrote mine, that i was speaking for a majority of the people... If this review was abusive than there are a lot of pussies here. IF you can't take the truth, especialy if you have a clown dancing around with its dick waving around at the end of your movie, and some one says " YOu are one sick bastard!", then don't submit stuff any more... 'cause that won't be the only review like that you'll get.

honestly i don't see this as abusive.. i simply see it as not helpful. what you probably should have done is explained that it was really good.. up until the clown which was really stupid and then go off on him.. of course this could have been explained in the reviews next to yours but really you should add it in there anyway.. but i don't see it as abusive.. just pointless the way you had it

imbeyondboredom
imbeyondboredom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 21:35:43 Reply

At 2/12/03 02:07 PM, Obey wrote:
At 2/11/03 07:24 PM, Luche2463 wrote:

woops.. this is the quote i meant to include.. this is the review that i don't find offensive.. especially because the author included that in there just to annoy people i think..

Bizarro
Bizarro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Big News for Reviews! 2003-02-12 21:53:13 Reply

Thats Bitchin yo

Big News for Reviews!

BBS Signature