New Topic Respond to this Topic
RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 02:28:19 Reply

Hey all, I have a question, how serious are all the people on Newgrounds? By that I mean if someone submited a cartoon with low graphics but a good storyline and funny tasteful jokes will it lay in the shadows of the top dogs like Decline and Tomorrow's Nobodies or will it be judged fairly? One of the funniest shows I have ever seen was 12 oz. Mouse, I love stoner humor...

NeptuneMan
NeptuneMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 02:31:39 Reply

We sir are Mac snobs. The mere fact you'd question our high level of seriousness is just humilating on so many levels.

Dear sir, I advise you to grow up from the petty "stoner humor" and start interest in theatre or other fine arts.

In other words, we are as serious as a PSP price drop.

Dude - www.SupCake.com is amazing.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 02:31:55 Reply

We are serial.

Old-Drippy
Old-Drippy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 02:35:17 Reply

At 6/5/06 02:31 AM, -Marine237- wrote: We are serial.

we are so serial about manbearpig!

Power-Khord
Power-Khord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 02:42:32 Reply

mr.n00binator.how are you doing?

submitting a low graphical movie?Are you inane?Ng members don't care about story unless it's xombie.
RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 02:42:38 Reply

At 6/5/06 02:31 AM, NeptuneMan wrote: We sir are Mac snobs. The mere fact you'd question our high level of seriousness is just humilating on so many levels.

Dear sir, I advise you to grow up from the petty "stoner humor" and start interest in theatre or other fine arts.

In other words, we are as serious as a PSP price drop.

god damnit, you call theatre "fine arts", it is the fucking 21st century, who would pay money to see people in tights prance around for hours to qweer ass music...
Shit that takes itself to seriously is what is wrong with this world, and stoner humor FUCKING ROCKS!!! ;)

Bezerker-0
Bezerker-0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 03:55:06 Reply

It all realy depends on the indivudial user, but most likely that people prefer good graphics unless the story is grasping and original.

StCyril
StCyril
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 03:57:11 Reply

At 6/5/06 02:42 AM, RenobProductions wrote:

god damnit, you call theatre "fine arts", it is the fucking 21st century, who would pay money to see people in tights prance around for hours to qweer ass music...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Best Thread Ever! "I think StCyril deserves a Highfive for getting two threads made about him and half the BBS pissed off over nothing!" - Seeinthedark

BBS Signature
Minion777
Minion777
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 03:57:55 Reply

How about you submit a movie and find out for yourself.
Sounds logical, no?

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000 DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature
NeptuneMan
NeptuneMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 04:10:10 Reply

At 6/5/06 02:31 AM, NeptuneMan wrote:
Shit that takes itself to seriously is what is wrong with this world, and stoner humor FUCKING ROCKS!!! ;)

No want's wrong with the world is poor reading comprehension, also, completely missing sarcasm. It should have been obvious, and blatant with the PSP price drop remark.... but whatever.

Congratulations, you can't interpert sarcasm, or even the english language on a competent level for that matter.

BBS Signature
RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 05:14:46 Reply

At 6/5/06 03:57 AM, Minion777 wrote: How about you submit a movie and find out for yourself.
Sounds logical, no?

thats what i was planing on doing, i wrote a funny ass stoner script and hope to complete the toon soon

RampantBunnyLove
RampantBunnyLove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 05:17:58 Reply

At 6/5/06 02:42 AM, RenobProductions wrote: god damnit, you call theatre "fine arts", it is the fucking 21st century, who would pay money to see people in tights prance around for hours to qweer ass music...

I'd rather pay money to see that than to pay money to see a band with people in leather pants "rock out" to qweer ass music.

BBS Signature
RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 05:29:03 Reply

At 6/5/06 04:10 AM, NeptuneMan wrote:
At 6/5/06 02:31 AM, NeptuneMan wrote:
No want's wrong with the world is poor reading comprehension, also, completely missing sarcasm. It should have been obvious, and blatant with the PSP price drop remark.... but whatever.

Congratulations, you can't interpert sarcasm, or even the english language on a competent level for that matter.

People who take stuff to seriously like...

PEDA the people who would risk a human life to save a cat (animal fuckers)

TRUTH stop smoking group (i am almost certain if they got smoking banned they would all be dead)

NAMBLA whos goal is to end the oppression of men and boys who have mutually consensual relationships (mutually my ass, I don't give a shit if they hang out with little boys, if they don't fuck little boys why would they need a group)

POLICE OFFICERS god damn mother fuckers, I got caught a few nights ago for being out at 1am, I WAS WALKING TO A FUCKING FRIENDS HOUSE, and he was a total dick about it, he could have just drived me to my friends house instead of alerting my parents of my wrongdoing

WIGGERS, now please I am NOT racist, but if I make a stereotipical joke about black people these fucking emulating assholes get affended by it, YOU ARE FUCKING WHITE, so act like it. If I made a joke about Kevins mom Kyle doesn't get offended!!!

ect...

BTW I liked the PSP joke ;)

RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 05:35:14 Reply

At 6/5/06 05:17 AM, RampantBunnyLove wrote:
At 6/5/06 02:42 AM, RenobProductions wrote: god damnit, you call theatre "fine arts", it is the fucking 21st century, who would pay money to see people in tights prance around for hours to qweer ass music...
I'd rather pay money to see that than to pay money to see a band with people in leather pants "rock out" to qweer ass music.

A: Are you saying that you would rather go see theatre than go see a rock band?

or...

B: Are you saying you would rather see a stoner cartoon than theatre?

or...

C: Are you saying that you would pay money to wear tight leather pants and "rock out" to qweer ass music while watching my cartoon acting out in theatre?

A-Plain-Name
A-Plain-Name
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 05:36:34 Reply

very very serial...

NOTE: PSN Illegal-Product or ILLEGALPRODUCT

BBS Signature
RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 05:38:58 Reply

dont you mean cereal?

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 05:39:13 Reply

just make sure you have a tough skin, you cant please everyone, nomatter how good your movie/game is, there will be hundreds that flame your movie, you, your cock size, and want you to kill yourself.

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

NeptuneMan
NeptuneMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 05:43:55 Reply

People who take stuff to seriously like...

PEDA the people who would risk a human life to save a cat (animal fuckers)

PETA, smooth, any examples of human life for a cat?

TRUTH stop smoking group (i am almost certain if they got smoking banned they would all be dead)

You, apparently, miss the whole point of TRUTH, despite the name, and them clearly saying it. TRUTH is about the tabacco companies lying about themselves and their product, to sell their VERY DEADLY product, and they continue to lie about it. They have no problem with smoking, they just want the companies to inform their consumers of the risks. Since the companies won't, THEY do.

NAMBLA whos goal is to end the oppression of men and boys who have mutually consensual relationships (mutually my ass, I don't give a shit if they hang out with little boys, if they don't fuck little boys why would they need a group)

Yeah, so ignorance is bliss doesn't apply for you, your complete ignorance is just mind-blowingly funny.

POLICE OFFICERS god damn mother fuckers, I got caught a few nights ago for being out at 1am, I WAS WALKING TO A FUCKING FRIENDS HOUSE, and he was a total dick about it, he could have just drived me to my friends house instead of alerting my parents of my wrongdoing

So, since he's enforcing a law that protects you, and public interest, you're mad. Face it you punk little kid, that same man will be the one to save your ass when some twat takes a gun to school, or (hopefully) pull over that drunk driver before he doesn't see your stupid ass and slams into you going 60 miles per hour.

WIGGERS, now please I am NOT racist, but if I make a stereotipical joke about black people these fucking emulating assholes get affended by it, YOU ARE FUCKING WHITE, so act like it. If I made a joke about Kevins mom Kyle doesn't get offended!!!

While Wiggers are obnoxious, you're putting down the fact that someone would stand up for another person? What kind of sad pathetic person are you?

ect...

BTW I liked the PSP joke ;)

I doubt you understood it.

BBS Signature
RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 05:52:28 Reply

Damn man you are sharp, you got me there, but i DID understand it... BTW i don't go to school so... HA, IN YOUR FACE, YA DON'T LOOK SO SMART NOW HUH, HELL YES, WHAT NOW!!!

score: ME 1 / YOU 247596

I'll catch up... One day...

Slayerlizard
Slayerlizard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:06:33 Reply

They aren`t.

LucidNightmares
LucidNightmares
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:07:25 Reply

At 6/5/06 05:52 AM, RenobProductions wrote: Damn man you are sharp, you got me there, but i DID understand it... BTW i don't go to school so... HA, IN YOUR FACE, YA DON'T LOOK SO SMART NOW HUH, HELL YES, WHAT NOW!!!

Yes you do. Your job says school.

RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:07:40 Reply

- - - PETA, smooth, any examples of human life for a cat?

Nope, I was just giving an example

- - - You, apparently, miss the whole point of TRUTH, despite the name, and them clearly saying it. TRUTH is about the tabacco companies lying about themselves and their product, to sell their VERY DEADLY product, and they continue to lie about it. They have no problem with smoking, they just want the companies to inform their consumers of the risks. Since the companies won't, THEY do.

Smoking is not VERY DEADLY, TRUTH should be warning people about more deadly things like DRINKING ALCOHOL, PLAYING WITH SHARKS, PLAYING WITH GUNS, SUCKING A DICK WITH DYNOMITE STRAPED TO IT... that last one is exadurated but you can't tell me thats not dangerous...

- - - Yeah, so ignorance is bliss doesn't apply for you, your complete ignorance is just mind-blowingly funny.

I know...

- - - So, since he's enforcing a law that protects you, and public interest, you're mad. Face it you punk little kid, that same man will be the one to save your ass when some twat takes a gun to school, or (hopefully) pull over that drunk driver before he doesn't see your stupid ass and slams into you going 60 miles per hour.

I was WALKING TO A FRIENDS HOUSE, there are less people, less cars, less sharks on the road at nighttime... I am not a punk little kid... i am a punk little man...

- - - While Wiggers are obnoxious, you're putting down the fact that someone would stand up for another person? What kind of sad pathetic person are you?

It was an example, making fun of a persons mom is a normal everyday thing, you don't see someone beat up a friend just he made a mama joke...

- - - I doubt you understood it.

YES I DID

RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:09:32 Reply

At 6/5/06 06:07 AM, MrsCrawford wrote:
At 6/5/06 05:52 AM, RenobProductions wrote: Damn man you are sharp, you got me there, but i DID understand it... BTW i don't go to school so... HA, IN YOUR FACE, YA DON'T LOOK SO SMART NOW HUH, HELL YES, WHAT NOW!!!

Yes you do. Your job says school.

I go to Independate studies, what am I going to get hit by a car while walking to my kitchen?

Wyde
Wyde
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:11:57 Reply

At 6/5/06 02:28 AM, RenobProductions wrote: Hey all, I have a question, how serious are all the people on Newgrounds?

I myself, may see-saw between serious and light-hearted, depending on how depressed I feel. But I rarely feel depressed, so you'll tend to see me bouncy and happy!

You however, seem to be very serious here if you make super long essays as posts. Not that it's a bad thing, just hard to read. :)

"Don't worry, Flapjack. I didn't make all my enemies all at once. It took me at least a couple of days." ~Captain K'nuckles, The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack

RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:15:18 Reply

At 6/5/06 06:11 AM, Wyde wrote:
At 6/5/06 02:28 AM, RenobProductions wrote: Hey all, I have a question, how serious are all the people on Newgrounds?
I myself, may see-saw between serious and light-hearted, depending on how depressed I feel. But I rarely feel depressed, so you'll tend to see me bouncy and happy!

You however, seem to be very serious here if you make super long essays as posts. Not that it's a bad thing, just hard to read. :)

I am not being serious, I am going back and forth from writing my toons script to posting on NG, It keeps me interested both ways...

Wyde
Wyde
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:18:08 Reply

At 6/5/06 06:15 AM, RenobProductions wrote: I am not being serious, I am going back and forth from writing my toons script to posting on NG, It keeps me interested both ways...

Meh. Whatever works for you. As for me, I do need to start getting serious with revising for my GSCEs over the next two weeks. I'm gonna hate them.

"Don't worry, Flapjack. I didn't make all my enemies all at once. It took me at least a couple of days." ~Captain K'nuckles, The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack

NeptuneMan
NeptuneMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:20:14 Reply

Face, no one pretends alcohol isn't dangerous. We all know the risks before we drink. Tobacco companies have some MASSIVE cover-ups, and have LIED about a lot of things. Everyone knows drinking alcohol all day will kill you quick, people think they'll just get a little cough smoking packs of cigarettes a day.

BBS Signature
HappyCheeseGuy
HappyCheeseGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:22:20 Reply

At 6/5/06 02:35 AM, Old_Drippy wrote:
we are so serial about manbearpig!

why does nobody take me serial?

BBS Signature
RenobProductions
RenobProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 06:29:26 Reply

At 6/5/06 06:20 AM, NeptuneMan wrote: Face, no one pretends alcohol isn't dangerous. We all know the risks before we drink. Tobacco companies have some MASSIVE cover-ups, and have LIED about a lot of things. Everyone knows drinking alcohol all day will kill you quick, people think they'll just get a little cough smoking packs of cigarettes a day.

Holy crap, look at this, we have gone from How serious is Newgrounds? to How deadly is smoking, sweet...

But afterall, guess what...

pixelz
pixelz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to How serious is Newgrounds? 2006-06-05 08:14:57 Reply

Yea we will rate the overall goodness of your flash. Story is good and all but it won't be good if the graphics suck.

Whoa its me!