00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Codes?!

1,003 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Codes?! 2006-05-19 19:19:03

Please,i beg of you,i have been looking for the past 6 hours for a music codec for ANY heavy metal song......please,i need it for my website,if you know ANY HEAVY METAL music coedecs please PLEASE tell me where or the friggin codec

Response to Codes?! 2006-05-19 19:23:20

What are you talking about...? What codec...? I thought codecs were primarily for movies.

Die...

Response to Codes?! 2006-05-19 19:26:21

whatever it is i know its possible to be for plain music with no movie,i dont really care if its heavy metal anymore,just some hard stuff like slipknot korn,ICP,msi,y'know
i still need a friggin codec tho

Response to Codes?! 2006-05-19 20:16:07

dude... they're either in .wma or .mp3 format... I don't ever recall ever needing a codec to play music.

Die...

Response to Codes?! 2006-05-19 23:59:03

At 5/19/06 07:23 PM, ShinDenjin wrote: I thought codecs were primarily for movies.

Actually CoDec just means COder/DECoder so in order to listen to an MP3, you would need an MP3 compatible codec installed... Most of us do - but then there are more obscure formats like .OGG which some people may not be able to play until the proper codec is installed.

It's not a media specific term - with that in mind, there aren't any CoDecs built specifically for a style of music... the LAME MP3 encoder (as well as any other) will work equally well with DnB, Rock, Opera, Metal or spoken prose...

so to help answer MixaMan's request - there is no codec "for" Heavy Metal. Any will do - so I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you're asking for.

Perhaps there's a breakdown in communication due to the terms being used.

If you're getting a message like "Codec not installed" etc. then try places like http://www.free-codecs.com/ or http://www.divx-dige..tware/nimo_pack.html
another decent pack is the http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

If you get one of those then just do a standard install and only install ONE codec pack - do NOT try to install several at once unless you want to screw things up - in the case of codecs more does not necessarily equal better.

Hope that helps.

BBS Signature

Response to Codes?! 2006-05-20 02:55:20

At 5/19/06 11:59 PM, LJCoffee wrote: Most of us do - but then there are more obscure formats like .OGG

The future will really be here when flash can import .OGG audio, and we can submit it to the site.

Better compression ratio than MP3 with less frequency loss, and no stupid spacers at the start and end of the tracks.

Response to Codes?! 2006-05-20 03:26:37

I think he's getting his terms mixed up.

I think what he's after is the html to hotlink a song directly to his webpage so when you visit the page the song starts playing. You know, that whole myspace thing where people have 30 movies on their profile page playing all at once.

Response to Codes?! 2006-05-20 14:15:26

Thats exactly what i want,just like myspace!

Response to Codes?! 2006-05-20 14:33:42

At 5/20/06 02:15 PM, MixaMan wrote: Thats exactly what i want,just like myspace!

holy shit man. you need to find an xml streaming thing and all that other shit. that's all i know.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature