00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

heyitajay69 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stolen? 2006-05-19 03:34:20

Here's the story...

I just listened to some stuff from a user that gave me a review on one of my songs. I wanted to return the favor but then I came across this song... From the first second on I knew that it sounded damn familiar somehow. To be excact the song was from Overrun II which was developed Denvish. It's from dropkickpikachu and it called Regarding The Children's Hour.

This user did kind a remix out of it but he used all the main melodies from dropkickpikachus tune without giving any credit to him so it seems that he claims it as his "own" work. He also said in his description...Trans to funk then back again, I call it trunk, feel the vibes haha

Soo, what do you think about this chron's and gentlemen's?

Should this be flagged?

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Stolen? 2006-05-19 03:42:07

Technically it shouldnt be on here, as although he edited it, he apparently used it without permission. However, it might just be a newer user who didnt realise at the time, and he could develop into an awesome musician...

Although I know he should be banned for it, I'd be willing to give him the benifit of the doubt.

Response to Stolen? 2006-05-19 10:55:41

That's a tough one -- I'd advise to maybe just review the piece, and say in the review that it appears very similar to the other work and that you want to warn him about the danger of stealing other's work. That way you're letting him know that you know what he's done and offering him an out; warning him without accusing directly.

<|> TritoneAngel <|>

<|> Visit TritoneAngel Audio for guitar-centric rock, metal, VG, jazz & classical songs.

<|> Newest TritoneAngel Audio: Clockwork (submitted 12/8/08)

BBS Signature

Response to Stolen? 2006-05-19 11:13:41

At 5/19/06 03:42 AM, Khuskan wrote: Technically it shouldnt be on here, as although he edited it, he apparently used it without permission. However, it might just be a newer user who didnt realise at the time, and he could develop into an awesome musician...

Although I know he should be banned for it, I'd be willing to give him the benifit of the doubt.

i agree

BBS Signature