• 99 Replies
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 10:17:27

Fruity Loops pwns Cubase and Reason. if you disagree, please tell me why so i can shut you down

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 10:19:47

Bjra, you have lost every ounce of respect I had for you.

>:(

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 10:23:24

iv lost respect for everyone who badmouths fruity loops calling it a "noob" program, or "not good enough". fruity loops is way more versatle than cubase or reason, its just people are to lazt to learn how to use it good

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 10:37:04

Get used to it... I hear that bullshit all the time.

I went to a professional music school (univeristy) and they make music using compters and shit. One of the pros said 'Hey, whats that cheap program that you can download off the net?' The other guy said 'Reason?' He said, 'no, thats not it...' the other guy then said 'Fruity Loops?'

Then he said 'Yeah.

Thats it'.

I wanted to punch him in the face.

lizardking1
lizardking1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 10:48:04

the programs used to make music just isn't important, what is important is the end result.
These sorts of threads are utterly useless.

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 11:12:11

At 5/16/06 10:23 AM, Bjra wrote: iv lost respect for everyone who badmouths fruity loops calling it a "noob" program, or "not good enough".

And in effect, arnt you just doing the same thing, except for reason and cubase?

SpamWarrior
SpamWarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 11:14:36

Please shoot me down. I want to know what is possible to do in FL that it isnt possible to do in reason or cubase.

I dont really care for zealotry of any description, i want to know the facts.

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 11:17:51

At 5/16/06 10:48 AM, lizardking1 wrote: the programs used to make music just isn't important, what is important is the end result.

Also, best first post evar!

I want to be hearing more like tihs, Lizardking, welcome to the community indeed :D

DavidOrr
DavidOrr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 11:31:47

Fruity loops is not a 'noob' program (unless you buy the express version). The problem I have with it is the fact that it handles it's audio tracks pretty badly. For one, you can't mute or unmute them during play back, and they have no names.

Saying that Fruityloops kicks Cubase's ass is a very close-minded statement. The fact of the matter is they all do some things better than others, which is why I stand by the mindset of getting all of them and Rewiring them together.

BBS Signature
SpamWarrior
SpamWarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 13:19:01

I might start looking into programming, it'd be sick as fuck to have your own personalised sequencer etc probably wont do tho, lol

Fanta5t1c
Fanta5t1c
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 13:21:32

At 5/16/06 10:48 AM, lizardking1 wrote: the programs used to make music just isn't important, what is important is the end result.

hes totally right!!! i use garageband and TAHT is a noob program! fruity loops is confuseing!!! but like so many people use i wanna know how! cubase SUCKS!!!! ive never used reason but ive ehard some good stuff from it! anyway fruitylops pwns cubase and reason =P

Distortzion
Distortzion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 13:32:24

At 5/16/06 10:37 AM, -ZENON- wrote: Get used to it... I hear that bullshit all the time.

While you secretly stepped up to the reason side Q_Q

Worship.

BBS Signature
DavidOrr
DavidOrr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 13:56:14

At 5/16/06 01:21 PM, Fanta5t1c wrote:

:i use garageband and TAHT is a noob program! fruity loops is confuseing!!! but like so many people use i wanna know how! cubase SUCKS!!!! ive never used reason but ive ehard some good stuff from it! anyway fruitylops pwns cubase and reason =P

Why don't you try them all before you start making these assumptions. Get your own opinion, don't just parrot what other people say.

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 13:58:59

Ok, if you wanna go somewhere serious with this thread I suggest you actually find out the cons and pro´s with cubase, reason, FL and perhaps some other softwares. It might actually be good to have such a thread to direct all the "my prog pwns all" to. But on the other hand, the ppl who actually make threads like this (hrrrrrmmmmm...) are ususally quite n00bish themselves, and may not understand what a thread with serious pro´s/con´s have to say....

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 15:28:51

At 5/16/06 11:31 AM, MrMaestro wrote: Fruity loops is not a 'noob' program (unless you buy the express version). The problem I have with it is the fact that it handles it's audio tracks pretty badly. For one, you can't mute or unmute them during play back, and they have no names.

Saying that Fruityloops kicks Cubase's

Depends what version of cubase. FL certianly kicks the living shit out of the VST series of cubase, but Cubase SX 3 is on the same rung of power as ProTools. That said, you really need a whole studio to make good use of it.

Slaugther-Me1
Slaugther-Me1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 16:02:10

I 've used all of these applications and I have to say that my favorite so far is Cubase ( Logic Pro and Gigastudio)

It (cubase) can do everything! There is nothing that FL and Reason can do and Cubase can't. Plus Cubase can do moreeeeeee...

(for example Reason has only a Fixed Metronome, and Cannot open "waveforms" .
Fruity Loops is a Pain in the A** when trying to do a PROPER MIX AND MASTERING Of your track... )
Cubase does these easily :) It's just more proffesional, but the learning curve is somewhat a NIGHTMARE! (especially if you know nothing about Sound Engineering (not music... but sound engineering... theres a big difference)

Anyway, I have to say that you should use as many applications as possible and choose the one/ones you like the best (and your pc supports the best) .
You may think you will never find something which will replace Reason 3 (except Reason 4 ;) ) and after 10 hours with another application, press happily the "Uninstall Reason 3" button just to "save" some hard disc space for your "Voices of the Apocalypse" Gigastudio soundbank :)

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 17:56:58

At 5/16/06 01:32 PM, Distortzion wrote:
At 5/16/06 10:37 AM, -ZENON- wrote: Get used to it... I hear that bullshit all the time.
While you secretly stepped up to the reason side Q_Q

Yeah, I have nothing against other music creation programs. If it gets the job done good, then so be it.

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 18:46:58

Really bjra, FL, cubase and reason shouldn't be compared.
They are ALL sequencers
They can ALL produce sounds with the core installment
They can ALL import samples
FL and Cubase has a bigger range of softsynths but those need to be downloaded first
Reason has a small range of thiong to download but however has powerfull sofsynths built in already.
Fl has the ability toi change skins
Cubase cna change colour schemes
Reason can ?

I'm a FL/Cubase user myself but im pretty fucking tired of everyone trying to tell each other that their software is better. If you cant use the software it doesn't matter WHAT software you use coz u will still most likely suck major ass.And then blame the application instead of your own lack of learning ability.

I use FL myself, but I have the same respect for Reason and cubase users. What if craftmen would go at each other like fucking morons just because 1 of them has a smaller hammer and more nails than the other one who has a bigger hammer but less nails?

DAEM, I'm sorry for my outburst but seriously if you don't like or DO like any program keep it to yourself and don't provoke each other 8-).

At 5/16/06 04:02 PM, Slaugther_Me1 wrote: Fruity Loops is a Pain in the A** when trying to do a PROPER MIX AND MASTERING Of your track... )

Oh yeah? How about learning hwo to properly do it then?
And if you have problems mixing its prolly either bad hearing or sucky speakers.If you can't keep volumes levels as they should be then its not fls fault is it?;)

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 18:50:36

At 5/16/06 06:46 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Oh yeah? How about learning hwo to properly do it then?
And if you have problems mixing its prolly either bad hearing or sucky speakers.If you can't keep volumes levels as they should be then its not fls fault is it?;)

I applaud you.

DJKorrupt
DJKorrupt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 22:26:09

Actually, the only reason you think FL "pwns" is because you're too lazy to learn how Reason and Cubase is worked, and you're probably too stupid to even find the play button. I like FL... Yes I do... But right now im learning how to use Reason. I think Reason kicks so much ass once you get used to it..

GoreBastard
GoreBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-16 23:27:30

Cubase SX is the best thing in the universe. Really, ask God. He'll tell you straight. He made the program for fuck sake!

God told me that Cubase SX is the best, so I am on his side. Satan made Anvil Studio and that's the best he could come up with.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-17 04:49:54

At 5/16/06 11:27 PM, GoreBastard wrote: Cubase SX is the best thing in the universe. Really, ask God. He'll tell you straight. He made the program for fuck sake!

God told me that Cubase SX is the best, so I am on his side. Satan made Anvil Studio and that's the best he could come up with.

Nonono, you got it all wrong, u fuck. SATAN made cubase, all hail satan and growl on the count of thre. 1, 2, 3 UULLULUULLU

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

pitbulljones
pitbulljones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-17 05:18:28

CUBASE, CUBASE, CUBASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH yes that shit is the dogs bollocks believe me, EVERYTHING I DO IS IN CUBASE (u gotta love those big shouty letters)

basically i find fruity loops too constrictive, it's a gud programme and i do use it to compose me beats but its rewire striaght thru cubase, reason ive had little experience with but when ive used it ive loved it.

The basica thing to understand here is cubase came before all these uva programmes way back on the atari st, it was good then, it's gone beyond greatness now. its a traditional sequencer gentleman, meaning its always had audio recoridng at it's core, it's not sample based unless you want it to be, it can take in any ohter vst as a plugin. basically what you can do with it is limitless only bound by the imagination and the nous to work it. ive bin with it for over 7 years through each incarnation i aint gonna need an alternative.

and actually Satan and God collaborated on making the programme, thats why it's soooooooo fricking awesome

Latest Track Shine On My Soundcloud My Youtube If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature
SpamWarrior
SpamWarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-17 06:58:35

Ta for that bounc3, its good to hear people with your rep tryin to make people shut the fuck up about pointless stuff.

I seriously want to hear what FL can do that neither cubase nor reason can do, tho if you've stated all there is to state, BJRA makes a pretty poor case...

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-17 07:48:35

i had a vision yesterday. i looked to the sky, and clouds opened up, a ray of sun shined down on me, and a voice said "bj, dont be a dumass"

yeah i guess you cant really compare fl studio and reason and cubase. personally i think that the difference between fl studio and cubase and reason is that fl studio is easy to learn but hard to master(both meanings), and cubase is hard to learn and easy to master. i beleive that despite the fact that its easier to make high quality stuff in cubase and reason, fl studio has more functionality in regards to piano roll, and the sheer number of plugins it can use. one person mentioned that you cant stop wav or mp3 files while its playing. thats wrong, if you actually took some time to get to know fl studiop youd realize you can put them on the wav track thing on the playlist editor. fl studio has more functionality, but most of the cool stuff is hidden and you have to find it out yourself. the mastering capabilities of fl studio when you put some time and effort into your songs is far greater, though more diffucult, than cubase. i wont cut down cubase or reason though becuase iv never used them, maybe if i did use them i might like them i dont know, i just think people shouldnt badmouth fruity loops

SpamWarrior
SpamWarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-17 07:59:31

Point of view appreciated, but you never make yourself look good if you drop to peoples petty levels.

Good to see you around, you were around when i first got here n then you smegged off for abit :S

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-17 08:05:06

yeah im back, i prolly wont post here much though, i just get bored sometimes and feel like stirring up trouble :p. though i havent been postign much though iv been working like a madman on songs. this is a demo of my latest song, all done on fl studio, i cant upload it to newgrounds becuase this is the only newgrounds that isnt blocked at my school :p. anyways check this out and give me ideas i dont want any "thats a pretty good song crap" becuase compliments are mostly useless

Exaltaion {Demo}

SpamWarrior
SpamWarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-17 08:18:18

haha, a man after my own heart, yeah i'll give it a look sometimes, tho technically i should tell you to piss off into the advertisements thread, as you well know :P

WillPostForFood
WillPostForFood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-17 09:04:13

cubase is what all the proffesionals use in studios. its the industry standard. so i guess that means FL < cubase?

dont get me wrong, fl is a very good program. but it just dosent have ALOT of fetures that cubase has.

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Fruity Loops vs. Reason and Cubase 2006-05-17 09:06:09

sure it does - you're just a noob at fl willsuckforcock :P