• 5 Replies
UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
FruityLoops Problem!!! Apr. 22nd, 2006 @ 10:08 PM

I tried to open FruityLoops and, when I did, an error came up that said "Couldn't create the DirectSound main object." I click ok and it came up again. Click ok and the program opened. Ok?. Anyways, I tried to play a beat and I noticed that it would not play it. When I clicked on the play button, it just... froze, but I could still push buttons. Just no sound. Anyone know what is wrong? I am runing version 6.0.8 and it is the full version.

Gillenium
Gillenium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to FruityLoops Problem!!! Apr. 22nd, 2006 @ 11:09 PM

I'd reinstall the sucker and get all the default settings back. It sounds to me like you might have accidentally changed a setting that screwed everything up. Other than that, I have no idea.

BBS Signature
Chaoz-of-Yakuza
Chaoz-of-Yakuza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to FruityLoops Problem!!! Apr. 23rd, 2006 @ 03:09 AM

Yeah do what he said AND (I know this may sound dumb) make sure your volume is on man. I have done that before...

R00ts
R00ts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to FruityLoops Problem!!! Apr. 23rd, 2006 @ 12:32 PM

That error is telling you FL can't find your primary audio driver. Whatever soundcard your computer uses is not on the same page as FL. Right click My Computer, hit the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager. If there is an 'unknown device' pertaining to audio in any way (You should get rid of all these anyways) right click, properties, and use the net to update the driver. If you have the drivers disc for your motherboard/sound card/dell then insert that. After you have cleared the unknown deviced go to FL>Options>Audio Options and at the top select the output device you wish to use. If you have no idea then guess, there aren't many options.

Check my profile for ways to contact me.

UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to FruityLoops Problem!!! Apr. 23rd, 2006 @ 02:18 PM

I fixed the problem. I just reinstalled my soundcard. Pretty simple. Than I reinstall FruityLoops and viola, all better.

MachoBeatz
MachoBeatz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to FruityLoops Problem!!! Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 06:19 PM

At 4/23/06 02:18 PM, UnknownFear wrote: I fixed the problem. I just reinstalled my soundcard. Pretty simple. Than I reinstall FruityLoops and viola, all better.

Hey, Just wanted to know if when you reinstalled your soundcard, did it delete any of your FL Studio 10 tracks??? This shit is driving me nuts!!!!