Sleeping-Insomniac
Sleeping-Insomniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 3rd, 2006 @ 11:14 PM Reply

At 12/2/06 05:36 AM, rottenneggs wrote:
At 12/1/06 03:23 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: fine then. how many of you are going to buy portable ops and what do u guys think of it?
a portable ops? whats that?

it's a sequal to snake eater on the psp. it's an actuall metal gear solid game, not one of those gay acid card games. i really want it personally, because it is part of the metal gear story, to not play it would like not playing sons of liberty or the first metal gear solid.

I just don't want to waste my money on something I will never use. I never play my PS2 anymore. I just listen to music all day.

i donno if u guys r dissing the psp or what. i got mine about a year ago and i love it. it's my mp3 player and portable internet browser, let alone game system. i got it fully tricked out with a bunch of hombrew hacks so it's also my n64, ps1, snes, nes, and msx. i'm not trying to sell it, i'm just saying that it's worth the money just to play a new mgs, let alone all the other stuff

Hovering around Consciousness

BBS Signature
rottenneggs
rottenneggs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 4th, 2006 @ 01:06 AM Reply

since i already have a psp, i might get the portable OPS @_@

Sleeping-Insomniac
Sleeping-Insomniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 4th, 2006 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 12/4/06 01:06 AM, rottenneggs wrote: since i already have a psp, i might get the portable OPS @_@

definately, its a must

BBS Signature
micmac-1
micmac-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 5th, 2006 @ 03:40 PM Reply

im hopefully getting portable ops sometime soon.

also can i join this mega-awesome crew/club

i love mgs i even love mga witch sucked compared to mgs but still il be getting mgs pops soon so my psp wont be solid-less

... i made my sig myself!

Sleeping-Insomniac
Sleeping-Insomniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 5th, 2006 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 12/5/06 03:40 PM, micmac-1 wrote: im hopefully getting portable ops sometime soon.

also can i join this mega-awesome crew/club

i love mgs i even love mga witch sucked compared to mgs but still il be getting mgs pops soon so my psp wont be solid-less

... i made my sig myself!

welcome abord! I also made My sig myself and loved the ac!ds

BBS Signature
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 9th, 2006 @ 09:05 PM Reply

so what are people's view on MPO? I'm going to get it tomorrow and check it out.

rottenneggs
rottenneggs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 10th, 2006 @ 01:24 AM Reply

At 12/9/06 09:05 PM, EcKo-WR wrote: so what are people's view on MPO? I'm going to get it tomorrow and check it out.

do you mean OPS?

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 10th, 2006 @ 10:19 AM Reply

At 12/10/06 01:24 AM, rottenneggs wrote:
At 12/9/06 09:05 PM, EcKo-WR wrote: so what are people's view on MPO? I'm going to get it tomorrow and check it out.
do you mean OPS?

Yeah i wanted to know if it is worth the $40.

Sleeping-Insomniac
Sleeping-Insomniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 10th, 2006 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 12/10/06 10:19 AM, EcKo-WR wrote:
At 12/10/06 01:24 AM, rottenneggs wrote:
do you mean OPS?
Yeah i wanted to know if it is worth the $40.

i say yea, i got it and played it for hours 2day. the thing is it's MUCH different than the other metal gear solids. the whole thing with building your own army regiment is hard to get figured out but fun once you do. capturing enemies or recruiting through stray wifi channels, and the online mode looks really promising. Gameplay is hard to get use to because of the psp's shortness of buttons. but once you do it's pretty easy to use.
the only thing that's that bad is that the cutsceenes are in the hand drawn style of the trailer, and apart from those cutsceense, the dialog is in text. So overall, MPO is closer to a upgraded and better thought out AC!D than to a reworked for psp subsistance.

if you are a moderate to severe metal gear fan and have the ability to adapt to new gameplay, then the game is defenately worth it.

BBS Signature
Kazaam777
Kazaam777
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 10th, 2006 @ 11:08 PM Reply

yo, anyone give me hints to killing The Fury for MGS3 Snake Eater? im playing medium difficulty and having trouble with him

Sleeping-Insomniac
Sleeping-Insomniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 11th, 2006 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 12/10/06 11:08 PM, Kazaam777 wrote: yo, anyone give me hints to killing The Fury for MGS3 Snake Eater? im playing medium difficulty and having trouble with him

what i like to do is use a sniper in combination with the thermal/nvg. and if he's close just shoot with the regular gun

BBS Signature
Sleeping-Insomniac
Sleeping-Insomniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 17th, 2006 @ 10:52 AM Reply

well i beat portable ops, and it really doesn't add to much to the storyline of mgs except delving shallowly into Grey Fox's past and revealing a very ambiguous message about the patriot/philosophers. It makes it seem like there is one man at the very top of the patriots who ocelot is in communication with. this person was the cause of the events of snake eater, and started the Les enfants terribles, genome, all that jazz. And from some of the final words of ocelot in the game it looks like big boss becomes a patriot.
This is all speculation on my part based off of pretty much the last two cutscenes of the game.
so go on youtube and search Portable ops scene twenty and twenty one, or better yet get the game. then tell me your ideas.

BBS Signature
MKII-Scorpion
MKII-Scorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 24th, 2006 @ 07:08 AM Reply

its sad that snake is old, but the reason he is old is caus of FOXDIE. remember in MGS1 naomi gives it to him, but dosent die on the spot? well FOXDIE just effected him by aging his body faster than normal. besides, he looks 60, but he is still as old as he was in MGS2, if not a couple of years older.

metal gear solid club

GET OVER HERE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

BBS Signature
MKII-Scorpion
MKII-Scorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 24th, 2006 @ 07:11 AM Reply

oh yeah, can i join this club . . .?

metal gear solid club

BBS Signature
Sleeping-Insomniac
Sleeping-Insomniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 24th, 2006 @ 03:05 PM Reply

At 12/24/06 07:11 AM, MKII-Scorpion wrote: oh yeah, can i join this club . . .?

yeah sure, we need some members who actually post.

but there r many reasons y snake becomes old besides foxdie, most probable is that since he was that in the 70s they didn't kno how to clone well enough and so the offspring have problems. Look at Solidous, he looked much older than snake in mgs2

BBS Signature
naeS
naeS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 24th, 2006 @ 03:14 PM Reply

m in i love MSG2

Absent made this sig a couple years ago, and I had it for a while, just recently started using it again
Best.Thread.Ever
LOL

BBS Signature
rottenneggs
rottenneggs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 25th, 2006 @ 10:26 AM Reply

You know on metal gear solid one on playstation the graphics were SO bad that it was rated 15 and up! XD ( I think because when i was looking around a store i thought i saw the MGS 1 cover said 15 and up. =| )

PS the japanease ratings are: for all ages, for 12 and up, for 15 and up, and for 18 and up.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 25th, 2006 @ 10:31 AM Reply

I got Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for christmas and I think I have a Limited Edition version since it includes a third disc called Existence which is the game's cut scenes edited into a three-and-a-half-hour feature film with additional scenes and remastered sound according to Wikipedia.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 25th, 2006 @ 11:04 AM Reply

At 12/25/06 10:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: I got Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for christmas and I think I have a Limited Edition

Oh, it's not Limited Edition, the third disc is available for any PAL version of MGS3:S due to the long delay. Still, I'm happy to have that extra disc with the game.

Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 25th, 2006 @ 05:43 PM Reply

At 12/25/06 10:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: I got Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for christmas...

Is it any good? Worth getting?

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 26th, 2006 @ 09:24 AM Reply

At 12/25/06 05:43 PM, Nev wrote: Is it any good? Worth getting?

All I've been able to see so far is the Existence disc which is the converting the game cut scenes into a movie. I saw most of it wasn't bad, maybe some parts had too much cut. :P I was only able to get Existence disc to work last night because the PS2 is being a fucking bitch.

Formerly Bahamut

Craylark
Craylark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 27th, 2006 @ 01:13 AM Reply

I wrote a parody, got no one to animate it, though.

Guys wanna see it?

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Dec. 27th, 2006 @ 04:26 PM Reply

At 12/27/06 01:13 AM, Craylark wrote: I wrote a parody, got no one to animate it, though.

Guys wanna see it?

Why not.... go ahead.

BBS Signature
MKII-Scorpion
MKII-Scorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Jan. 2nd, 2007 @ 09:26 AM Reply

ok, I bought MGS3: Subsistance (cuttin it close to MGS2: substance, dont u think?) and there are like 400 ppl playin it tops. I dont think thats enough, considering there are over that many in the usa. if you have it, plz play it online!!

ps.
the Metal Gear AC!D solid snake is cloned from the real SOLID SANKE.
look it up on wikipedia. did u know that?

BBS Signature
Rague
Rague
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Jan. 2nd, 2007 @ 06:06 PM Reply

At 1/2/07 05:25 PM, Xtesh wrote:
I was wondering, how will the series keep it's appeal without Snake if they(not including Kojima) decide to continue it? It's not like Raiden can keep people happy forever.

After the way Raiden kicked all of the Metal Gear Gekkos in the MGS4 trailer,I don't think ANYONE'S gonna notice...

And hooray to me, I finally found a copy of MGS2 today.

You just got it?
Man,you missed out on a chunk of story development...
Just be warned: A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE SLIGHTLY DISSAPOINTED WITH IT FOR A FEW REASONS...

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Jan. 2nd, 2007 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 1/2/07 06:06 PM, NGG-Man wrote: Just be warned: A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE SLIGHTLY DISSAPOINTED WITH IT FOR A FEW REASONS...

A few reasons being that they're all faggots who cry cause Snake didn't get airtime, so they all play along with the charade that they're upset, despite the fact Raiden was a far better character in terms of playability... Raiden was great.

BBS Signature
Sleeping-Insomniac
Sleeping-Insomniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Jan. 2nd, 2007 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 1/2/07 09:26 AM, MKII-Scorpion wrote: ok, I bought MGS3: Subsistance (cuttin it close to MGS2: substance, dont u think?) and there are like 400 ppl playin it tops. I dont think thats enough, considering there are over that many in the usa. if you have it, plz play it online!!

I don't have much time to play it but i do go on when i can, we did have a clan but it wen't absolutely nowhere. My name is A COOKIE so it reads a cookie killed (headshot) your mamma!

:the Metal Gear AC!D solid snake is cloned from the real SOLID SNAKE.
:I thought it was an alternate future to MGS1, but in which Snake didn't get old fast.... But I haven't played it yet so that shows how much I know

I agree with Xtesh on this one, The other way doesn't make sense. Now the Metal Gear AC!D 2 solid snake is a different story. He wasn't exactly cloned, but more like manufactured from the Solid Snake of the first AC!D. the acids really don't have nething 2 do with the "REAL" solid snake.

:Just be warned: A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE SLIGHTLY DISSAPOINTED WITH IT FOR A FEW REASONS...
most of those reasons are stupid (as nev so strongly put it) MGS2 is in no way any less of an MGS game than the other two. In fact, to me it seemes like it's the MOST important Mgs game in terms of developing the metal gear storyline! Although raiden does get annoying at times, expecally when having relationship issues.

BBS Signature
MKII-Scorpion
MKII-Scorpion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Jan. 2nd, 2007 @ 09:23 PM Reply

well, I wanted Snake to look the same from MGS2 in the new MGS4 game,. I sont want him to die of old age, and he is like 36-37?!?! but, Kojima. . . its his franchise.

I THINK IT WOULD BE KICK A$$ IF THEYBROUGHT BACK THE OLD MSX METAL GEAR GAMES, CONSIDERING THE GRAPHICS WE HAVE NOW!!!

Honestly, Metal Gar and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake looking like MGS1/MGS2/MGS3? KICKIN IT !!

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Jan. 3rd, 2007 @ 09:09 AM Reply

At 1/2/07 08:02 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: most of those reasons are stupid (as nev so strongly put it)

Only having my say XP.
Controversy = topics :).

MGS2 is in no way any less of an MGS game than the other two. In fact, to me it seemes like it's the MOST important Mgs game in terms of developing the metal gear storyline!

Personally I think its the most fun too. I've played MGS1 about 2/3 times. MGS3 about 3/4 times. I've played MGS2 about 30 times. Its more addictive than the others.

Although raiden does get annoying at times, expecally when having relationship issues.

Meh, blame Rose :P.

BBS Signature
Sleeping-Insomniac
Sleeping-Insomniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to metal gear solid club Jan. 3rd, 2007 @ 10:27 PM Reply

At 1/2/07 09:23 PM, MKII-Scorpion wrote

Honestly, Metal Gar and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake looking like MGS1/MGS2/MGS3? KICKIN IT !!

Well, i don't think there gonna do it because if you remake them with better graphics, it will seem more like you took a current gen mgs and watered it down than you took the rly old mgs and made it better. plus you would have to add the new gamplay elements you have in these games, and then rework the environment to use the new gameplay... it would just be a hassel. i rly don't like what they did by puttng the retro mg games on subsistance, because playing that on a tv bores you for some reason. I have a cracked msx emulator on my psp, and i re play the old mg games alot, but when i tried playing it on a home system, it just seemed stupid.

Personally I think its the most fun too. I've played MGS1 about 2/3 times. MGS3 about 3/4 times. I've played MGS2 about 30 times. Its more addictive than the others.

Me 2, it does seem more addictive than the others when playing it over again, but personally i think that mgs3 was a better game when playing the first time through, because of the better cinimatic cutscenes and the whole idea of living and surviving in the jungle, but when playing it over it looses a lot of it's fun because you already kno exactly what to do, so instead of trying to live in the jungle you end up racing through it.

and on the whole raiden thing... yes i though old raiden was somwhat of a dork ("did u say nerd?") but i like him none the less. the new raiden is just so sweeter than i could imagine raiden ever being.

BBS Signature