00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,079 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 18:27:50

At 4/3/05 03:53 PM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: but in metal gear solid 2, philosepher became an anti metal gear organisation to put a stop to all metal gears all over the world.
solid snake and otacon are members of it.

No. The Philosophers Legacy and Philantrophy(Snake, Mei Ling & Otacon's NGO) are two completely different things. I don't wanna give anything away about the Philosophers Legacy, though, so that's all I'll say.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 19:39:22

well, he had tatoos all over his body, showing leviatan, the dragon of water.
wenever he jumps in the pool the tatoo will start to glow that you get the idea that you see the dragon swim around in the water.
and wen you had to save Emma, the coridors had to be protected by sharks, ho had to be atracted by the blood you lose wen hitting bombs.

sounds like an okay character, but when you think about it, the final character (vamp) was far better. personnally, i think aqua man would have looked quite stupid. plus the name sucks.

well, solidus actuly used the same face structure as snake and liquid, he just hapend to look like big boss becuse he looks like snake 10-15 years from now.

wasn't solidus born at the same time as liquid and snake? unless there's something i'm missing...

solidus IS dead, remember wen raiden cut his back?
liquid is also dead...well, not realy, he is a part of revolver ocelot now...

yeah, i just wrote solidus without thinking. i wonder what will happen to ocelot/liquid.

well, they have people working for them, just like olga told you in her final moments.
raiden has to stay alife to let her child live, becuse in raiden's blood there are nano machines ho send out a signal to the patriots.
also, raiden is not using his own blood during the mission, just contact cambel over and over till he tels you in the begining of the mission on the platform.
just remember, even solidus did not know that the patriots were a program, even wen he was the president of the USA.
and the AI in arsenal gear is also not the only AI all over the world, there is also one in the pentagon...

you confused me when you said raiden isn't using his own blood. guess i'll have to look into it. is solidus' real name really george sears? there's another AI? does it mention it in the game?

I gotta say, that Liqiud living in the arm thing is pretty messed. For MGS, it's believeable, but c'mon.

it might sound weird, but would the story be as interesting if liquid wasn't revived? plus, i'm sure it shocked the hell out of you. it didn't shock me though, cuz i played sol before mgs1. it was rather interesting to play sol before mgs1, because you're confused and then you play the first game. afterwards, you understand everything.

they are the most advanced weapon becuse of one thing; they can fire a nuke/missile from any plase on earth.
there are also difrent models of metal gear, of what the standard model is the Rex type, evry metal gear is based on that moddel now.
also, metal gear ray is an ANTI metal gear made by the marines to take doun other ilegal metal gears made from all over the world, but was stolen during the tanker insident.
after the insident, ray was mass produced to protect the ultimat fortress, arcenal gear.

metal gear is a bipedal robot or tank capable of launching a nuke from any place on the face of the earth. the specs of metal gear rex were sold on the black market by ocelot after the shadow moses incident. every group, state and dotcom now has its own version of metal gear. metal gear ray was stolen by liquid in the tanker incident. ray was supposed to be used to destroy the other metal gears, but now it's being used to guard arsenal gear, which is used to retrieve information regarding the patriots on the internet. the exercise that the patriots set up was used to delete the data in arsenal gear. unlike other metal gears, ray can move underwater.

-liquid snake- thinks he was a by product of the cloning of snake, and he was the first to tell snake that he and snake are cloned from big boss. he also was the leader of foxhound(a unit solid snake worked for, but turned into a group of terorists.)

liquid snake is a clone of big boss and also snake's twin brother. he believes that he received the bad genes so that snake could be made a sort of super soldier. in fact, snake is the one that received the bad genes. liquid snake was the leader of foxhound during the shadow moses incident. before that, campbell was its leader, and before campbell, big boss was the leader.

-solidus snake- is the oldest clone of big boss, and was the president of the USA.
but after the insident of shadow moses, he was forced to "retire" and die(in a car crash) becuse by order of the patriots(he was the one ho wanted the secret weapon there, metal gear rex, but blowed the cover of it), but he escaped and went underground with the help of ocelot.
he formed the group of terorist with the name of "the sonse of liberty" by combining a group of hired soldiers from russia, and an exiled special ops. called "dead cell".
he also called himself "sollid snake" during the terorist attack to give the real solid snake a bad name.

solidus is also a clone of big boss. he was known as george sears, the president of the united states, during the shadow moses incident. the patriots felt that solidus messed up the "exercise". the public thought that he had retired, but in fact it was the patriots that removed him from the presidency. they were planning to kill him and tell the public that he died due to health reasons. unfortunately, ocelot went underground with solidus bofore the patriots could execute their plan. during this time, solidus was planning to fight the patriots. he formed the terrorist group, the "sons of liberty", to capture the big shell. olga gurlukovich's russian unit merged with dead cell, another terrorist group, to attack the big shell. dead cell was a group formed by george sears, aka solidus, to attack government complexes to test their defenses. when george sears disappeared, they went berserk. they began acting on their own, often killing innocent bystanders and army personnel in the process. their unit was decimated by a raid some time before the big shell. the only remaining members are vamp, fatman (who works for the patriots. he was ordered to evaluate raiden's process), fortune and solidus. solidus knew about arsenal gear, and he wanted to retrieve the information about the patriots.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 20:34:13

Haha. You forget how to quote, man?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 20:41:23

I like mgs 2 & 3! I guess i'll join!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 21:37:19

At 4/3/05 08:41 PM, animeman819 wrote: I like mgs 2 & 3! I guess i'll join!

Welcome, then. We'll try to include spoiler warnings when we talk about MGS 1, okay?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 22:38:50

At 4/3/05 08:34 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Haha. You forget how to quote, man?

nah, it's just because i took the paragraphs from multiple posts. you have to quote it yourself when you do that, so i just put the dots everywhere, and it always messes it up for me.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 04:50:01

At 4/3/05 07:39 PM, twilight_venom wrote:
sounds like an okay character, but when you think about it, the final character (vamp) was far better. personnally, i think aqua man would have looked quite stupid. plus the name sucks.

fat man's name sucks even more... =/

wasn't solidus born at the same time as liquid and snake? unless there's something i'm missing...

no, solidus is older.

yeah, i just wrote solidus without thinking. i wonder what will happen to ocelot/liquid.

he is looking for the patriots now...well, if he/they can find them.

you confused me when you said raiden isn't using his own blood. guess i'll have to look into it. is solidus' real name really george sears? there's another AI? does it mention it in the game?

yep, raiden is not using his blood. i can't realy explain it, just begin the game with raiden and call campbell over and over.
actuly, it's the name of the voise actor, but i may be wrong with this...
yep, they say it in the game that there is another AI. in fact, the real AI is in the pentagon(from what i did hear).

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 05:20:44

At 4/2/05 03:31 PM, twilight_venom wrote:
oh yeah, i remember that game. it wasn't very popular though. i think he made a mgs bundle with a zoe demo so it could be more popular. he did the same with mgs, he put a demo with zoe. that's probably the only reason people bought it.

Actually, it's the other way around. ZOE had a demo of MGS2 with it.

I'm too damn lazy to make a decent sig right now.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 05:22:22

I know it's not too late for me to join. So I ask, "May I join this club?"

Smilies :)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 08:10:52

i was just playing MGS3, the torture room part. and i noticed that if you look trough snakes eyes, right after the boss shot you in the leg, you see The Sorrow standing behind her, waving with a board. on the board there is a radio signal, i think its 144.74. whats up with that???

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 10:27:15

At 4/4/05 08:10 AM, _Nevyn_ wrote: i was just playing MGS3, the torture room part. and i noticed that if you look trough snakes eyes, right after the boss shot you in the leg, you see The Sorrow standing behind her, waving with a board. on the board there is a radio signal, i think its 144.74. whats up with that???

that hints to one thing: try to call with that number.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 14:43:16

fat man's name sucks even more... =/

what would you have chosen for fatman's name? i think it's okay like this, it might sound a bit stupid the first time you hear it, but you get used to it.

snake thinks the patriots gave a bogus location to ocelot. besides, they're dead. there's no point in looking for them.

yep, raiden is not using his blood. i can't realy explain it, just begin the game with raiden and call campbell over and over.
yep, they say it in the game that there is another AI. in fact, the real AI is in the pentagon(from what i did hear).

solidus' voice actor is john cygan. why would the AI be in the pentagon? is the pentagon the La Li Lu Le Lo's hideout instead of a military base or whatever it is you call it? it could be a front.

Actually, it's the other way around. ZOE had a demo of MGS2 with it.

i was saying that mgs2 had a demo of zoe with it and that zoe had a demo of mgs2 with it. hey guys, good news. i finally got my hands on mgs2: substance. i'm so happy. :D i've been looking for that thing for over a month. i finally found it on ebay. well, there were lots of them on ebay, but everybody was bidding on them. i got one buy it now for approximately 40 bucks. that's a damn good price, considering it's a rare game. now i just have to look for klonoa 2: lunatea's veil. that's an awesome game too.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 14:53:35

At 4/4/05 02:43 PM, twilight_venom wrote:
what would you have chosen for fatman's name? i think it's okay like this, it might sound a bit stupid the first time you hear it, but you get used to it.

well, if i had to pick one, somthing that has to do with bombs, that's for sure.

snake thinks the patriots gave a bogus location to ocelot. besides, they're dead. there's no point in looking for them.

well, ocelot has no idea that they are dead(but on the other side, we also don't know that one for sure), and he is not plaing to kill them by the look of things...

solidus' voice actor is john cygan. why would the AI be in the pentagon? is the pentagon the La Li Lu Le Lo's hideout instead of a military base or whatever it is you call it? it could be a front.

the AI said they they "came to be" in the pentagon, that's why i said that.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 15:01:30

well, if i had to pick one, somthing that has to do with bombs, that's for sure.

what about bombman? oh wait, i think that's the name of an enemy in megaman. :)

well, ocelot has no idea that they are dead(but on the other side, we also don't know that one for sure), and he is not plaing to kill them by the look of things...

wait a minute. i just remembered something. it isn't ocelot that's looking for the patriots, it's liquid. remember, he took control of ocelot at the very end? he left with metal gear ray, and snake followed it. makes you wonder how fast snake can swim if he can catch up to that thing and leave a transmitter on it.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 15:39:23

At 4/4/05 03:01 PM, twilight_venom wrote:
wait a minute. i just remembered something. it isn't ocelot that's looking for the patriots, it's liquid. remember, he took control of ocelot at the very end? he left with metal gear ray, and snake followed it. makes you wonder how fast snake can swim if he can catch up to that thing and leave a transmitter on it.

otacon:" snake! you have to catch up with liquid!"
snake:" damn! he is going fast!"
otacon:" mash the X button to swim faster!"
snake:" 0.o "
otacon:"....i'm not talking to you, i'm talking to the player."

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 16:07:26

At 4/4/05 04:50 AM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: fat man's name sucks even more... =/

But I love his character. "Laugh and grow fat!"

no, solidus is older.

All the Sons of Big Boss were born during the Les Enfant Terribles Project in 1972. Solidus just ages faster.

Plus, Solid is right on his tail with that tracker. Should be interesting in the next Metal Gear game. Point of interest: MGS3 was the last Metal Gear Solid.

Yeah, it's in connection with his skull suit.

Solidus is George Sears, the former President of the USA.

Yup. There is GW and JFK as the two AI's. Most believe it is named after George Washington and John F. Kennedy.

At 4/4/05 05:22 AM, Shoopufzilla wrote: I know it's not too late for me to join. So I ask, "May I join this club?"

Smilies :)

Welcome aboard. :)

At 4/4/05 08:10 AM, _Nevyn_ wrote: i was just playing MGS3, the torture room part. and i noticed that if you look trough snakes eyes, right after the boss shot you in the leg, you see The Sorrow standing behind her, waving with a board. on the board there is a radio signal, i think its 144.74. whats up with that???

Call that number and your cell will open automatically.

At 4/4/05 03:39 PM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: otacon:" snake! you have to catch up with liquid!"

lol Did you just make that up on the spot now?

Well, I just decided to replay Snake Eater in attempts to get the ultimate secret item, the Stealth Camo. Once I have that, I can easily interrogate all enemies and learn more secrets. Oh yeah!

There are two ways to get the Stealth Camo:
1. Find and shoot all 64 Kerotain Frogs in the game. They are little green statues that make noise when you shoot them.
2. Complete the game with absolutly no alert modes.

Considering I already attempted the first option and failed miserably, the second option sounds easier, although in my last game, I had 10 alert modes. ...This'll be tricky.

To start my new game, I had to finish my current one, a save file right before The Boss fight. So I beat her and say the ending, and my God, this game is a masterpiece. It trumps all others in graphics, music, gameplay, but most importantly, story. I defy any other game to top MGS's storylines. I defy them, I say!

Also, tomorrow, I'm gonna complete my collection of the three games and buy The Twin Snakes. I have already played and beaten the game through renting, but it's about time I purchased it.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 17:27:11

But I love his character. "Laugh and grow fat!"

that's kinda creepy. a mad bomber with a cheerful personality. *shivers*

All the Sons of Big Boss were born during the Les Enfant Terribles Project in 1972. Solidus just ages faster.

could it be a defect of the genes he's received? also, is there any passage in the game that mentions how solidus was born? liquid explains it in mgs1, but he doesn't mention solidus, since he doesn't know about him.

Plus, Solid is right on his tail with that tracker. Should be interesting in the next Metal Gear game. Point of interest: MGS3 was the last Metal Gear Solid.

are you sure about that? there's still metal gear acid, which i think has been released. i think i read an interview with hideo kojima about mgs4 too. solid snake still has some unfinished business, and so does raiden.

Yeah, it's in connection with his skull suit.

wait, i might have heard about it. raiden doesn't lose any blood because the skull suit contains it, right? is it something like that? i think i might have talked to the colonel about it. that was a long time ago though, when i rented mgs2: substance.

Yup. There is GW and JFK as the two AI's. Most believe it is named after George Washington and John F. Kennedy.

how come i never notice these details? did i miss a codec conversation or something? best line from otacon: any codec moments from you, snake? i laughed when i read that. it's not that funny, but i still laughed.

Welcome aboard. :)

i don't know why, but i just love the name shoopufzilla. :) it's from final fantasy x, right?

At 4/4/05 03:39 PM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: otacon:" snake! you have to catch up with liquid!"

Well, I just decided to replay Snake Eater in attempts to get the ultimate secret item, the Stealth Camo. Once I have that, I can easily interrogate all enemies and learn more secrets. Oh yeah!

There are two ways to get the Stealth Camo:
1. Find and shoot all 64 Kerotain Frogs in the game. They are little green statues that make noise when you shoot them.
2. Complete the game with absolutly no alert modes.

Considering I already attempted the first option and failed miserably, the second option sounds easier, although in my last game, I had 10 alert modes. ...This'll be tricky.

To start my new game, I had to finish my current one, a save file right before The Boss fight. So I beat her and say the ending, and my God, this game is a masterpiece. It trumps all others in graphics, music, gameplay, but most importantly, story. I defy any other game to top MGS's storylines. I defy them, I say!

Also, tomorrow, I'm gonna complete my collection of the three games and buy The Twin Snakes. I have already played and beaten the game through renting, but it's about time I purchased it.

there might not be any games that compare to it on your opinion. did any of you guys finish every game with everything unlocked? it's one of the toughest things i ever tried to do. plus, disc 2 of mgs1 doesn't work because of all the god damn scratches. i had to rent twin snakes to finish the game. i know something that could rival mgs3's story. it's not a game, it's not a tv show, it's not a manga. it's a flash. i want to make a flash with an extremely complicated story. i ran into some problems, but i thought up most of the story. a lot of flash aren't about story, so i plan to revolutionize the flash scene. it might sound pretty ambitious, but that's what i plan to do. also, i'm a very ambitous person in nature. i never like to do anything half-assed, hence the huge ass posts. :)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 17:42:02

At 4/4/05 05:27 PM, twilight_venom wrote:
i don't know why, but i just love the name shoopufzilla. :) it's from final fantasy x, right?

Yes it is. Thank you.

Isn't there an uncanny resemblence between Colonel Raikov in MSG3 and Raiden in MSG2? Even their names are similar: Raikov, Raiden.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 17:43:40

At 4/4/05 05:42 PM, Shoopufzilla wrote:
Isn't there an uncanny resemblence between Colonel Raikov in MSG3 and Raiden in MSG2? Even their names are similar: Raikov, Raiden.

I mean MGS, dammit!

Guaranteed this post contains no MSG, or your money back.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 20:13:54

At 4/4/05 05:27 PM, twilight_venom wrote: that's kinda creepy. a mad bomber with a cheerful personality. *shivers*

Thus, his coolness.

could it be a defect of the genes he's received? also, is there any passage in the game that mentions how solidus was born? liquid explains it in mgs1, but he doesn't mention solidus, since he doesn't know about him.

I'm sure Solidus came to pass just as Liquid and Solid did. Not sure why he ages like he does. Might have mentioned it in the game, but I'd have to replay it to be sure.

are you sure about that? there's still metal gear acid, which i think has been released. i think i read an interview with hideo kojima about mgs4 too. solid snake still has some unfinished business, and so does raiden.

Yes, Metal Gear Ac!d, not Solid. The next game will not be called Metal Gear Solid, it'll be called Metal Gear "insert new name here."

wait, i might have heard about it. raiden doesn't lose any blood because the skull suit contains it, right? is it something like that? i think i might have talked to the colonel about it. that was a long time ago though, when i rented mgs2: substance.

Yeah, something about the being an intervenus connection between the Skull Suit and his blood and stuff like that. Once again, I'd have to replay the game to get all the details.

how come i never notice these details? did i miss a codec conversation or something? best line from otacon: any codec moments from you, snake? i laughed when i read that. it's not that funny, but i still laughed.

Well, GW was explained quite thoughrolly. I can't remember were JFK was mentioned, but I think it was that once the first AI started crashing, thus explaining the Colonal's crazy Codec calls, JFK took over for it.

Yeah, that Codec moments thing was a nice little pun.

Good ol' Shoopuffs. There so cool. :)

there might not be any games that compare to it on your opinion. did any of you guys finish every game with everything unlocked? it's one of the toughest things i ever tried to do. plus, disc 2 of mgs1 doesn't work because of all the god damn scratches. i had to rent twin snakes to finish the game. i know something that could rival mgs3's story. it's not a game, it's not a tv show, it's not a manga. it's a flash. i want to make a flash with an extremely complicated story. i ran into some problems, but i thought up most of the story. a lot of flash aren't about story, so i plan to revolutionize the flash scene. it might sound pretty ambitious, but that's what i plan to do. also, i'm a very ambitous person in nature. i never like to do anything half-assed, hence the huge ass posts. :)

I have everything unlocked on Twin Snakes, seeing as all you have to do to do so is beat the game multiple times. Kinda dislike wearing the Tuxedo, though.
On Sons Of Liberty, I used a sample Pro Action Replay I got with a game magizine to unlock everything, since I had since given up on getting all the Dog Tags, so I have everything on that.
For Snake Eater, I have all the Camos you can get in-game minus the Stealth Camo, and all but two of the Face Paints, the Infinity one that grants infinate ammo and another in a pool in front of a cave I forgot to get.

Well, I look forward to seeing your Flash. Should be good. Is it gonna be based off MGS, or will it be a unique movie with an intricate storyline?

At 4/4/05 05:42 PM, Shoopufzilla wrote: Isn't there an uncanny resemblence between Colonel Raikov in MSG3 and Raiden in MSG2? Even their names are similar: Raikov, Raiden.

Yeah, of course. It was put there intensionally, as a joke, I suspect.

Say, who else here put in "I Liked MGS2" in the option before you started a game? How did you like the opening scene? I loved it! Genius!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 20:41:05

Yes, Metal Gear Ac!d, not Solid. The next game will not be called Metal Gear Solid, it'll be called Metal Gear "insert new name here."

right, metal gear acid. not a big difference anyways. it's still technically a part of the series as in it's related to it storywise, even if the name is different. i wouldn't say anything about mgs4, since very few details have been released. i heard that it's going to be for the ps3. sounds kind of unlikely. what do you guys think?

Well, GW was explained quite thoughrolly. I can't remember were JFK was mentioned, but I think it was that once the first AI started crashing, thus explaining the Colonal's crazy Codec calls, JFK took over for it.

Yeah, that Codec moments thing was a nice little pun.

you think jfk took over when campbell was talking to raiden on the roof of the federal hall? so then, revealing the s3 plan to raiden was part of the la li lu le lo's plans too? does that mean the information concerning the patriots is also hidden in jfk? that means solidus could still get the information. too bad he's dead. but then liquid or ocelot could retrieve the information.

yeah, they are cool. i wish i could have one as a pet. :) the moonflow is pretty cool. it could be my backyard.

I have everything unlocked on Twin Snakes, seeing as all you have to do to do so is beat the game multiple times. Kinda dislike wearing the Tuxedo, though.
On Sons Of Liberty, I used a sample Pro Action Replay I got with a game magizine to unlock everything, since I had since given up on getting all the Dog Tags, so I have everything on that.
For Snake Eater, I have all the Camos you can get in-game minus the Stealth Camo, and all but two of the Face Paints, the Infinity one that grants infinate ammo and another in a pool in front of a cave I forgot to get.

Well, I look forward to seeing your Flash. Should be good. Is it gonna be based off MGS, or will it be a unique movie with an intricate storyline?

let's just say it's about video games, anime and manga. that might turn you off right there, because there are so many flash based on them, but my flash has a very unique concept. anyways, since video games are involved, there will be a part of the series that will be based on the mgs series. i'm planning something really cool for that part. i have action replay too, but it's kind of a turn off just cheating your way through a game. i' going to try to unlock everything once i receive mgs2: substance, which i bought via ebay. it's really worth it too. the tuxedo sounds like a pretty cool secret. i love the mgs games because of all the secrets. you can see meryl without her pants twice in mgs1 and twin snakes.

At 4/4/05 05:42 PM, Shoopufzilla wrote: Isn't there an uncanny resemblence between Colonel Raikov in MSG3 and Raiden in MSG2? Even their names are similar: Raikov, Raiden.
Yeah, of course. It was put there intensionally, as a joke, I suspect.

Say, who else here put in "I Liked MGS2" in the option before you started a game? How did you like the opening scene? I loved it! Genius!

i put l liked mgs2. it gave me a raiden mask, which was funny as hell. i don't remember the opening scene though. can you describe it for me? also, i don't know what the other two options do. do you know what they do?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-04 21:51:26

At 4/4/05 08:41 PM, twilight_venom wrote: right, metal gear acid. not a big difference anyways. it's still technically a part of the series as in it's related to it storywise, even if the name is different. i wouldn't say anything about mgs4, since very few details have been released. i heard that it's going to be for the ps3. sounds kind of unlikely. what do you guys think?

Yeah, it's just a tidbit of information is all.
it'll probably be for the PS3, since Snake Eater came out reletivly recently and a new one won't be on the way for a while.

you think jfk took over when campbell was talking to raiden on the roof of the federal hall? so then, revealing the s3 plan to raiden was part of the la li lu le lo's plans too? does that mean the information concerning the patriots is also hidden in jfk? that means solidus could still get the information. too bad he's dead. but then liquid or ocelot could retrieve the information.

Yes, the JFK AI, in the form of Rose and the Colonal was talking to Raiden on Federal Hall. And yes, revealing the S3 plan was also part of The Philosophers plans. Don't know about the info being in JFK. More like JFK is the info, if you catch my drift.

yeah, they are cool. i wish i could have one as a pet. :) the moonflow is pretty cool. it could be my backyard.

Heh. Yeah.

let's just say it's about video games, anime and manga. that might turn you off right there, because there are so many flash based on them, but my flash has a very unique concept. anyways, since video games are involved, there will be a part of the series that will be based on the mgs series. i'm planning something really cool for that part. i have action replay too, but it's kind of a turn off just cheating your way through a game. i' going to try to unlock everything once i receive mgs2: substance, which i bought via ebay. it's really worth it too. the tuxedo sounds like a pretty cool secret. i love the mgs games because of all the secrets. you can see meryl without her pants twice in mgs1 and twin snakes.

Well, like I said, I look forward to it.

I just figured since I had the PAR anyway, and it had the codes for SOL, that I might as well take advantage of it. The secrets can allow you to do some really cool things.
The Tuxedo is kinda cool, but the problem is, once you get it, you can't get rid of it no matter how many more games you play on that save file, which kinda sucks, because the Sneaking Suit rocks!
Yeah, I know about the Meryl secret. Been there, done that. ;)

i put l liked mgs2. it gave me a raiden mask, which was funny as hell. i don't remember the opening scene though. can you describe it for me? also, i don't know what the other two options do. do you know what they do?

I was freaking when I first played the game and BAM! Raiden does the HALO jump. I immediatly contacted Major Zero and he said something like "Not what you were expecting?" What a great idea Hideo had.

Saying "It's my first MGS game." does nothing, if memory serves.
Saying "I liked MGS1" removes Snake's beard for the Virtous Mission and slows your stamina draining.

To those whom have beaten Snake Eater, does anyone else absolutly love the song that plays during the credits? "Hold! I've got something in my throat." That one. I love that one! :D

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-05 03:53:38

At 4/4/05 08:41 PM, twilight_venom wrote:

That would be one BIG fuckin pet in one BIG fuckin backyard!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-05 04:24:34

At 4/4/05 04:07 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:

yep, i do it all the time in other clubs.

anyway, i just found somthing REALY funny in MGS2 in the tanker mission.
wen you look in the middel of the group of the first bunsh of marines, there is one of them standing in his BOXERS. 0.o

and if you get in the room were metal gear ray is underground(not getting in it trew the doors) EVRYONE will be standing in his boxers! 0_0

and if you are fast, and try to get out on the right, someone will drop his clip of the gun right in front of you, and will look doun the drains...sure scared the crap out of me...

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-05 04:52:35

At 4/5/05 04:24 AM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote:
At 4/4/05 04:07 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
yep, i do it all the time in other clubs.

anyway, i just found somthing REALY funny in MGS2 in the tanker mission.
wen you look in the middel of the group of the first bunsh of marines, there is one of them standing in his BOXERS. 0.o

and if you get in the room were metal gear ray is underground(not getting in it trew the doors) EVRYONE will be standing in his boxers! 0_0

and if you are fast, and try to get out on the right, someone will drop his clip of the gun right in front of you, and will look doun the drains...sure scared the crap out of me...

i don't remember how you do it, but you did something to see the marines in boxers. there's a way to do it, but i forgot what it is. also, i always use the ducts to get to the last hangar, so every time i went that way, the guy dropping his clip was there. i have no idea who it was though. maybe it was one of the marines, but why would a marine be reloading his weapon in the middle of a speach? maybe it was one of the terrorists, but i was right under the marines when that happened, so it doesn't make sense. anyways, it's not really important.

That would be one BIG fuckin pet in one BIG fuckin backyard!

yes, it would be a damn big pet in a damn big backyard. you can't deny the fact that it would be fun having one though. :D shoopufs are frickin' cool. and those shoopuf handlers are too :) Ride ze shoopuf? Shoopuf fill shpeed aheads!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-05 05:32:52

another thing, uploading pictures of men in boxers, nakid men posters and vulcan raven figures will let otacon say: "ehhh...that explains alot..."
and uploading a picture of the marine comander will result into:"hey! are you a fan of him or somthing?"

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-05 14:25:14

At 4/5/05 04:24 AM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: anyway, i just found somthing REALY funny in MGS2 in the tanker mission.

Yup. I've seen 'em. It's nothing new to me, though. Every second playthrough of the same save file will result in boxer'd Marines.

Like I said, it's every second playthrough. Did you ever sneak in via the wires?

Heh. I remember that. I had the Stealth Camo on at the time, though, so I was safe.

At 4/5/05 04:52 AM, twilight_venom wrote: i don't remember how you do it, but you did something to see the marines in boxers. there's a way to do it, but i forgot what it is. also, i always use the ducts to get to the last hangar, so every time i went that way, the guy dropping his clip was there. i have no idea who it was though. maybe it was one of the marines, but why would a marine be reloading his weapon in the middle of a speach? maybe it was one of the terrorists, but i was right under the marines when that happened, so it doesn't make sense. anyways, it's not really important.

Dude, it was just a Marine who dropped his clip. lol You read way too much into things sometimes. lol

At 4/5/05 05:32 AM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: another thing, uploading pictures of men in boxers, nakid men posters and vulcan raven figures will let otacon say: "ehhh...that explains alot..."
and uploading a picture of the marine comander will result into:"hey! are you a fan of him or somthing?"

Yeah, I've heard of that, though I've never tried it. Too lazy, really. :P

Well, I bought Twin Snakes today, and love it, of course. One thing I love about it that I wish SOL and SE had is the Demo Theater. It let's you few all the cutscenes. That would be kick-ass! It's available on the Europeon version of Snake Eater, but that's it. Lucky guys.

If any of yo are interested in such things(I kinda am as a collector, but they cost too damn much), I was searching for MGS in my computer class at school to pass the time, and found these kick-ass action figures made by McFarlane Toys, creators of Spawn.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty Collection

Metal Gear Solid Collection

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-05 19:05:10

I've been watching the cut-scenes of Twin Snakes through the Demo Theater and saw one of my most favorite quotes. Let's test the clubs knowledge. Name who said this:
Note: May not be word-for-word.

"Snake, in the natural world, there is no such thing as boundless slaughter. There is always an end to it. But you are different. The path you walk on has no end. No matter how far you go, or how many corpses you leave behind, the killing will never stop. It is future without hope.
Hear me, Snake! My spirit will be watching you!"

Isn't that an awesome one? Can you name the speaker? Props to who can.

Point of interest: I was so into MGS at one point, that I changed my alias on here to -LiquidSnake-. I even changed my entire profile information, profile pic, signature and sig pic to match it. Good times. :)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-05 19:42:25

At 4/5/05 07:05 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: I've been watching the cut-scenes of Twin Snakes through the Demo Theater and saw one of my most favorite quotes. Let's test the clubs knowledge. Name who said this:
Note: May not be word-for-word.

"Snake, in the natural world, there is no such thing as boundless slaughter. There is always an end to it. But you are different. The path you walk on has no end. No matter how far you go, or how many corpses you leave behind, the killing will never stop. It is future without hope.
Hear me, Snake! My spirit will be watching you!"

Isn't that an awesome one? Can you name the speaker? Props to who can.

Point of interest: I was so into MGS at one point, that I changed my alias on here to -LiquidSnake-. I even changed my entire profile information, profile pic, signature and sig pic to match it. Good times. :)

that's so easy man. raven says that right before he dies, or after i don't remember. my favorite is from snake. Even the greatest masterpiece has its flaws. or something like that.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-05 22:43:25

At 4/5/05 07:42 PM, twilight_venom wrote: that's so easy man. raven says that right before he dies, or after i don't remember. my favorite is from snake. Even the greatest masterpiece has its flaws. or something like that.

Yup, Vulcan Raven says this whilst he is being eaten by his ravens. Congrats.

Yeah, Solid says that when he is talking to Mei Ling about contacting Meryl. He is describing the Codec.

Let's try another: "What is that gun? And that stance? Hahaha."

Name the speaker, and if possible, the installment of MGS it's from.

BBS Signature