00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,194 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2004-11-26 18:08:00

This club needs a resurection, with the new addition to the MG franchise now on store shelves. MGS fans rejoice!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2004-12-03 21:55:59

bump
mind if i join.

Response to metal gear solid club 2004-12-03 22:46:52

I rented MGS 3: Snake Eater. It was a pretty awesome game. I didn't get to beat it though... I got the point after...

*Spoiler*
Volgin got struck by a lightning bolt after I defeated him in his Shagohod/Metal Gear.
*Spoiler*

I love grapping people and using them as human shields... >:)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-01-24 14:38:35

At 1/26/03 10:43 AM, whats_a_alias wrote: OHHHHH i wanna join i luv mgs will i b number 2 then!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry. but i never understood the method for the dog tags

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-01 12:55:54

i wanna join... can i?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-01 12:56:37

At 1/24/05 02:38 PM, McPaper wrote:
At 1/26/03 10:43 AM, whats_a_alias wrote: OHHHHH i wanna join i luv mgs will i b number 2 then!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry. but i never understood the method for the dog tags

Hello i would liek to join this club. I ahve played Metal Gear Solid one and two and I have witnessed the third one played at my friends' house. I think Metal Gear is one of the most ingenious idea ever concocted. Anyways may I join?

O, the dog tage were used to get items like the bandanna and stealth camo and such.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-01 15:22:43

I wanna join!

Snake Eater is the best game ever!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-01 16:00:29

Okay, since none of the old members seem to be around, I'm taking this club by the short hairs. I'm joining up, and am going to do my best to make sure this club stays active. If none of the old members come back at all, I may just steal this club and run it my way. I've run a club before and it got to 60+ pages, so I know what I'm doing.

So people, get posting. This club definatly needs a revival.

What Metal Gear games have you users played? Mine are as follows:
Metal Gear Solid(PlayStation)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes(GameCube)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-01 18:08:59

Well for a random starting topic, one of my favorite bosses is vamp because he is just totally awsome. I just love how he never actually dies just get's wounded and comes right back up. Personnaly having a vampire like "baddy" in a game back realy isn't is just that damn cool.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-01 18:11:47

hey, guys, can i join? i played mgs1, mgs2: sol, mgs2: substance, and a bit of mgs3. haven't finished the original mgs1 though. i rented the twin snakes and played it instead, but i would've liked to finish the original then play the remake instead. the twin snakes sucked big time. konami's first mistake was to let silicon knights make it. the way i see it, they were tampering with something they didn't understand and the result is the twin snakes, a game full of crappy cutscenes, crappy dialogue, and crappy graphics (the graphics aren't crappy, they're just not konami's style).

konami should have done it themselves. i'm sure they could have added the new gameplay elements from mgs2 seamlessly. the way SK did it, it didn't work at all, plus the gamecube wasn't made for the mgs series. if twin snakes comes to the ps2, i demand a remake of a remake, otherwise i refuse to let this piece of shit be made for the ps2. the new dialogue sucked, and some of the voice acting wasn't the same, although some of them did very well (solid snake, colonel campbell, liquid snake, revolver ocelot, psycho mantis, sniper wolf, otacon, meryl, etc.) vulcan raven, naomi and mei ling weren't the same, which sucked. i know mei ling sometimes gets on my nerves, but the annoying analyst (otacon, mei ling, rosemary, paramedic) is now a staple of the series.

anyways, there were also out of character moments, like when snake goes crazy and points his gun at baker. he isn't that stupid. the lack of an L1 button on the gamecube controller didn't affect the gameplay too much, but it would still be useful. in mgs2, it was used to point a gun while walking or running. in mgs3, it was used to strafe while pointing a gun. the gamecube controller's buttons aren't pressure-sensitive, which is an important feature for mgs2 and mgs3. the remake should have been made for ps2, and konami should have been at the helm. hideo kojima is the only one who understands the series, because he made the games, so he would have done a far better job.

by the way, if colonel campbell is an A.I., how come he talks to snake in person in the twin snakes and mgs1? also, liquid mentions in the beginning of mgs2 that naomi passed snake over for the foxdie program. does that mean snake isn't affected by foxdie? i have a feeling raiden is the eye of the storm in this story. i mean, if campbell is inside his mind, that must mean raiden made the S3 plan. that could also mean that raiden is the La Li Lu Le Lo himself. but that theory could be proved wrong by the fact that the patriots were killed a hundred years ago, which means that they existed at one point. are all those questions answered in snake eater? no spoilers, please.

also, why did rose go along with campbell in the end? she claimed she was part of the S3 plan too, yet at the end we see her talking to raiden, or jack. seems there are a lot of plotholes. i can't wait for metal gear acid and mgs4. anyways, that's the end of my rant. so, can i join?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-01 18:32:54

Potential spoilers later in post.

At 4/1/05 06:08 PM, --_-- wrote: Well for a random starting topic, one of my favorite bosses is vamp because he is just totally awsome. I just love how he never actually dies just get's wounded and comes right back up. Personnaly having a vampire like "baddy" in a game back realy isn't is just that damn cool.

Yeah, Vamp is quite awesome, isn't he? Did you see him in the ending video standing amongest the crowd?

I'm a big fan of the bosses Vulcan Raven of Twin Snakes and Liquid Snake of Twin Snakes. Raven was full of insight and awesomeness, and Liquid straight out owns!

Damn, this next one is gonna take a while.

At 4/1/05 06:11 PM, twilight_venom wrote: hey, guys, can i join? i played mgs1, mgs2: sol, mgs2: substance, and a bit of mgs3. haven't finished the original mgs1 though. i rented the twin snakes and played it instead, but i would've liked to finish the original then play the remake instead. the twin snakes sucked big time. konami's first mistake was to let silicon knights make it. the way i see it, they were tampering with something they didn't understand and the result is the twin snakes, a game full of crappy cutscenes, crappy dialogue, and crappy graphics (the graphics aren't crappy, they're just not konami's style).

Well, you are intitled to your opinion, and from what I hear, many didn't like it, but I loved Twin Snakes. Though it was great! And yeah, just keep posting. Should no older members come back, I may start excepting members myself.

konami should have done it themselves. i'm sure they could have added the new gameplay elements from mgs2 seamlessly. the way SK did it, it didn't work at all, plus the gamecube wasn't made for the mgs series. if twin snakes comes to the ps2, i demand a remake of a remake, otherwise i refuse to let this piece of shit be made for the ps2. the new dialogue sucked, and some of the voice acting wasn't the same, although some of them did very well (solid snake, colonel campbell, liquid snake, revolver ocelot, psycho mantis, sniper wolf, otacon, meryl, etc.) vulcan raven, naomi and mei ling weren't the same, which sucked. i know mei ling sometimes gets on my nerves, but the annoying analyst (otacon, mei ling, rosemary, paramedic) is now a staple of the series.

Oh man, I loved the voice acting! I though David Hayter(Solid Snake) and Cam Clarke(Liquid Snake) did an amazing job, as did the voice actors of Ocelot and Vulcan Raven and probably some others. Of course, I'm really easy to please.

anyways, there were also out of character moments, like when snake goes crazy and points his gun at baker. he isn't that stupid. the lack of an L1 button on the gamecube controller didn't affect the gameplay too much, but it would still be useful. in mgs2, it was used to point a gun while walking or running. in mgs3, it was used to strafe while pointing a gun. the gamecube controller's buttons aren't pressure-sensitive, which is an important feature for mgs2 and mgs3. the remake should have been made for ps2, and konami should have been at the helm. hideo kojima is the only one who understands the series, because he made the games, so he would have done a far better job.

You're right about the pressure sensitive part, I'll agree. That can be aggrivating. But again, I thought the Silicon Knights did a pretty good job. But whatever. Opinions, ya know. :)

by the way, if colonel campbell is an A.I., how come he talks to snake in person in the twin snakes and mgs1? also, liquid mentions in the beginning of mgs2 that naomi passed snake over for the foxdie program. does that mean snake isn't affected by foxdie? i have a feeling raiden is the eye of the storm in this story. i mean, if campbell is inside his mind, that must mean raiden made the S3 plan. that could also mean that raiden is the La Li Lu Le Lo himself. but that theory could be proved wrong by the fact that the patriots were killed a hundred years ago, which means that they existed at one point. are all those questions answered in snake eater? no spoilers, please.

Snake Eater answers very little. It mainly just gives more background info on the Patriots, AKA The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo AKA The Philosphers(See Snake Eater).

Now, to clear the rest up. Colonal Campell is real. At least, the ones from games other than SOL is. The one in SOL is an AI, AKA GW.

And yes, from what I can tell, Solid is immune to the Foxdie Virus, at least for now.

also, why did rose go along with campbell in the end? she claimed she was part of the S3 plan too, yet at the end we see her talking to raiden, or jack. seems there are a lot of plotholes. i can't wait for metal gear acid and mgs4. anyways, that's the end of my rant. so, can i join?

The Rose for most of the game was real. She was a spy for the Patriots. But she did end up falling in love with Raiden. The Rose after she gets cut off in Arsenal Gear is part of an AI as well.

Phew.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-01 22:06:33

Yeah, Vamp is quite awesome, isn't he? Did you see him in the ending video standing amongest the crowd?

I'm a big fan of the bosses Vulcan Raven of Twin Snakes and Liquid Snake of Twin Snakes. Raven was full of insight and awesomeness, and Liquid straight out owns!

i didn't notice vamp in the crowd. that's an interesting bit of information. i'll look for him the next time i play the game. it was obvious he wasn't dead though. he got shot in the head and in the chest, then he got shot multiple times by raiden in the first boss battle. finally, raiden shot him in the head when he got hold of emma. that wasn't much of a boss battle though. just one shot in the head and he's dead, but maybe that's because i always play on very easy mode. wonder if he'll ever die.

Oh man, I loved the voice acting! I though David Hayter(Solid Snake) and Cam Clarke(Liquid Snake) did an amazing job, as did the voice actors of Ocelot and Vulcan Raven and probably some others. Of course, I'm really easy to please.

the voice acting was great, i agree. they were only three voice actors i didn't like, and they were mei ling, naomi and vulcan raven. raven wasn't so bad, it's just that the voice wasn't the same. naomi's voice was too emotionless. in the original, she had a slight accent as well, which was spot on. mei ling also had an accent in the original, but she doesn't have one in twin snakes.

Snake Eater answers very little. It mainly just gives more background info on the Patriots, AKA The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo AKA The Philosphers(See Snake Eater).

Now, to clear the rest up. Colonal Campell is real. At least, the ones from games other than SOL is. The one in SOL is an AI, AKA GW.

And yes, from what I can tell, Solid is immune to the Foxdie Virus, at least for now.

if the mystery of the Patriots isn't solved in Snake Eater, it must mean Kojima is going to surprise to surprise us with Acid and MGS4. i can't wait, although i'm not sure how he will handle MGS4. will there be two characters (raiden and snake)? that would be cool, since you could play as raiden, then play as snake to see a different side of the game. raiden and snake's missions are very different in nature, so it would be cool to play two different types of missions. does anybody think raiden is a very mysterious character despite his slightly personality? campbell and the digital rosemary were both formed inside his mind, so that means he created the S3 plan. also, i can't help but wonder what happened to the real colonel campbell, if he is indeed real. the story of metal gear solid is far too complicated to understand. :) i wouldn't want it any other way though. i'm kinda disappointed in MGS3, because the story doesn't seem as exciting.

The Rose for most of the game was real. She was a spy for the Patriots. But she did end up falling in love with Raiden. The Rose after she gets cut off in Arsenal Gear is part of an AI as well.

i wonder what will become of rose and jack's relationship. jack barely knows rose, and she knows everything about him. also, rose apparently isn't what jack wants, since she was only acting. one last thing. i'm rather confused about ocelot's role. sometimes, it seems to me that he's in control and he's acting on his own, so he might or might not be a lackey of the patriots. also, if the patriots are dead, who gives orders to ocelot? about ocelot's arm, when liquid takes control of ocelot in arsenal gear, he says that he chose ocelot as his host to find the patriots. since he can't make a decision like that when he's dead, that must mean liquid planned all this. or maybe it was just a backup plan. seems strange to me nonetheless.

well, that's the end of my secong rant. sorry for the long posts. there are so many unanswered questions and i'm a very curious person. i have lots more questions to ask, so you better brace yourself. :)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-01 22:26:38

At 4/1/05 10:06 PM, twilight_venom wrote: i didn't notice vamp in the crowd. that's an interesting bit of information. i'll look for him the next time i play the game. it was obvious he wasn't dead though. he got shot in the head and in the chest, then he got shot multiple times by raiden in the first boss battle. finally, raiden shot him in the head when he got hold of emma. that wasn't much of a boss battle though. just one shot in the head and he's dead, but maybe that's because i always play on very easy mode. wonder if he'll ever die.

Watch when Raiden is looking at his dog tags. Look in the background. You should see him. otherwise, search the net for a picture of him in the crowd.

the voice acting was great, i agree. they were only three voice actors i didn't like, and they were mei ling, naomi and vulcan raven. raven wasn't so bad, it's just that the voice wasn't the same. naomi's voice was too emotionless. in the original, she had a slight accent as well, which was spot on. mei ling also had an accent in the original, but she doesn't have one in twin snakes.

Yeah, I don't really remember much of the original, so I guess you have a point, eh? Still, I'm a big fan of the voice acting in all the MGS games.

if the mystery of the Patriots isn't solved in Snake Eater, it must mean Kojima is going to surprise to surprise us with Acid and MGS4. i can't wait, although i'm not sure how he will handle MGS4. will there be two characters (raiden and snake)? that would be cool, since you could play as raiden, then play as snake to see a different side of the game. raiden and snake's missions are very different in nature, so it would be cool to play two different types of missions. does anybody think raiden is a very mysterious character despite his slightly personality? campbell and the digital rosemary were both formed inside his mind, so that means he created the S3 plan. also, i can't help but wonder what happened to the real colonel campbell, if he is indeed real. the story of metal gear solid is far too complicated to understand. :) i wouldn't want it any other way though. i'm kinda disappointed in MGS3, because the story doesn't seem as exciting.

Yeah, something must be cooking up for MGS4. Not sure about Ac!d, though. Don't know much about it. It would be cool to see another Raiden/Snake game, since I'm one of the few who didn't mind Raiden. Solid was cooler, though. He didn't create the S3 plan, though, man. Campell and Rose were AI of the Patriots. In a way, they are the Patriots. The did the S3 plan. After all, the entire mission is the S3 plan. A set-up. A test. Campell definatly is real, though.I can garuntee you that. Don't know if he's still alive or anything though. And the MGS3 story is awesome! Especially if you know a bit about the Cold War. If you know your history, it's a real treat. Plus, it holds a HUGE connection to MGS 1 & 2, but I won't spoil it.

i wonder what will become of rose and jack's relationship. jack barely knows rose, and she knows everything about him. also, rose apparently isn't what jack wants, since she was only acting. one last thing. i'm rather confused about ocelot's role. sometimes, it seems to me that he's in control and he's acting on his own, so he might or might not be a lackey of the patriots. also, if the patriots are dead, who gives orders to ocelot? about ocelot's arm, when liquid takes control of ocelot in arsenal gear, he says that he chose ocelot as his host to find the patriots. since he can't make a decision like that when he's dead, that must mean liquid planned all this. or maybe it was just a backup plan. seems strange to me nonetheless.

Don't know if Kojima will bother persuing Jack & Rose's reletionship. Doesn't seem like big stuff. Ocelot is a lackey of the Patriots, but because they are always in control, he is in control. Ya know? I believe that the Patriots are alive as an AI. Sorta like living on through the computers or something. That's just my theory, though. About the Liquid choosing Ocelot part, I wouldn't read too much into that. He may of had it as a back up plan, but I doubt that. I don't think it plays too much a part in the story.

well, that's the end of my secong rant. sorry for the long posts. there are so many unanswered questions and i'm a very curious person. i have lots more questions to ask, so you better brace yourself. :)

No problem man. I have no problem answering your questions or responding to your posts. Just don't expect immediate reasponses. I'm not used to writing large posts. Besides, I want this thread to be active.

I'm ready for more stuff from you. :D

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 00:03:06

Watch when Raiden is looking at his dog tags. Look in the background. You should see him. otherwise, search the net for a picture of him in the crowd.

nah, i think i'll play the game instead. it's much more interesting.

Yeah, I don't really remember much of the original, so I guess you have a point, eh? Still, I'm a big fan of the voice acting in all the MGS games.

the mgs series has some of the best voice acting ever, if you don't count the annoying analyst. :) they've become a staple of the series though, so i'm used to it. hideo kojima's a genius. the story, the gameplay, the voice acting, the graphics, it's all brilliant. of course, kojima didn't do it all himself, but i'm sure he had a quite a large role in creating the series.

Yeah, something must be cooking up for MGS4. Not sure about Ac!d, though. Don't know much about it. It would be cool to see another Raiden/Snake game, since I'm one of the few who didn't mind Raiden. Solid was cooler, though. He didn't create the S3 plan, though, man. Campell and Rose were AI of the Patriots. In a way, they are the Patriots. The did the S3 plan. After all, the entire mission is the S3 plan. A set-up. A test. Campell definatly is real, though.I can garuntee you that. Don't know if he's still alive or anything though. And the MGS3 story is awesome! Especially if you know a bit about the Cold War. If you know your history, it's a real treat. Plus, it holds a HUGE connection to MGS 1 & 2, but I won't spoil it.

in acid, there are two characters you can play as, except the second is a girl. i don't know her name yet. did anybody notice that in the acid screenshots, snake looks just the same as he does in twin snakes and mgs1? that mission must have taken place around the time of the shadow moses incident. unfortunately, i don't know anything about anything, since i never watch the news, read the papers or read history books. i'm just not very interested in history. maybe you could tell me a little about the cold war. here's what said otacon said about the colonel in arsenal gear.

Otacon: The Colonel probably isn't GW per se. GW was most likely
stimulating cortical activity in the dormant part of your brain
through signal manipulation of your own nanomachines. The Colonel
is in part your own creation, cobbled together from expectations
and experience...

so yeah, the colonel is in part raiden's creation. here's an interesting conversation between solidus and raiden that takes place on the roof of the federal hall. in this conversation, solidus mentions that the information concerning the patriots that was supposed to be destroyed by GW is inside raiden.

Solidus : I have other reasons for wanting you dead. The clues to the
Patriots inside GW have been erased, but are other traces.

[He points one of his swords at Raiden.]

Solidus : Inside YOU.

Raiden : What?

Solidus : The information is being carried by the nanomachines in your
cerebral cortex, and throughout the neural network they formed.

quite intriguing, wouldn't you say? how does jack know about the patriots? is this another plan of the patriots, or is it something that they overlooked? on another note, isn't it strange that after arsenal gear crashes into federal hall and after raiden kills solidus that nobody seems to notice arsenal? they just seem to go about their business like nothing happened. there's a dead man on the steps leading up to the federal hall with a big armor and nobody notices. after that, two people (snake and raiden) with infiltrating gear and a shitload of weapons (which apparently aren't visible) talk to each other and nobody notices either. damn games and their stupid logic.

Don't know if Kojima will bother persuing Jack & Rose's reletionship. Doesn't seem like big stuff. Ocelot is a lackey of the Patriots, but because they are always in control, he is in control. Ya know? I believe that the Patriots are alive as an AI. Sorta like living on through the computers or something. That's just my theory, though. About the Liquid choosing Ocelot part, I wouldn't read too much into that. He may of had it as a back up plan, but I doubt that. I don't think it plays too much a part in the story.

i don't remember when, but in the game, somebody mentions that genetic information can be stored in computers and stuff so that we can emulate a person's personality or something. i think that the patriots are still "alive" in raiden. since campbell and the digital rose were derived from raiden's mind, and campbell and the digital rose are the S3 plan, it could be a possibility. knowing the mgs series, that might be a likely theory. before the patriots were killed, the genetic information of the patriots could have been stored in the nanomachines in raiden's cerebral cortex. i just copied from solidus' quote, so i'm not exactly sure what i'm saying. :) oh wait, that's not likely at all. the patriots were killed a hundred years ago. maybe they saved the information somewhere else and then they stored it in raiden's nanomachines, whatever nanomachines are.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 00:25:32

Here we go again. lol

At 4/2/05 12:03 AM, twilight_venom wrote: nah, i think i'll play the game instead. it's much more interesting.

Yes, that is true.

the mgs series has some of the best voice acting ever, if you don't count the annoying analyst. :) they've become a staple of the series though, so i'm used to it. hideo kojima's a genius. the story, the gameplay, the voice acting, the graphics, it's all brilliant. of course, kojima didn't do it all himself, but i'm sure he had a quite a large role in creating the series.

Yeah, he's pure genius, alright. No question there. And of course he didn't do it himself. He had help from tons of animators and whatnot. The Hideo Kojima Team rules!

in acid, there are two characters you can play as, except the second is a girl. i don't know her name yet. did anybody notice that in the acid screenshots, snake looks just the same as he does in twin snakes and mgs1? that mission must have taken place around the time of the shadow moses incident. unfortunately, i don't know anything about anything, since i never watch the news, read the papers or read history books. i'm just not very interested in history. maybe you could tell me a little about the cold war. here's what said otacon said about the colonel in arsenal gear.

Sounds intriging. I'll have to get some details on it sometime.

The Cold War was when the two superpowers (USA and the Soviet Union) were building up there nuclear arsenal. Neither attacked each other for fear of counter-attack. That's the basic story. Don't wanna get into a history lesson. ;)

Otacon: The Colonel probably isn't GW per se. GW was most likely
stimulating cortical activity in the dormant part of your brain
through signal manipulation of your own nanomachines. The Colonel
is in part your own creation, cobbled together from expectations
and experience...

so yeah, the colonel is in part raiden's creation. here's an interesting conversation between solidus and raiden that takes place on the roof of the federal hall. in this conversation, solidus mentions that the information concerning the patriots that was supposed to be destroyed by GW is inside raiden.

Solidus : I have other reasons for wanting you dead. The clues to the
Patriots inside GW have been erased, but are other traces.

[He points one of his swords at Raiden.]

Solidus : Inside YOU.

Raiden : What?

Solidus : The information is being carried by the nanomachines in your
cerebral cortex, and throughout the neural network they formed.

quite intriguing, wouldn't you say? how does jack know about the patriots? is this another plan of the patriots, or is it something that they overlooked? on another note, isn't it strange that after arsenal gear crashes into federal hall and after raiden kills solidus that nobody seems to notice arsenal? they just seem to go about their business like nothing happened. there's a dead man on the steps leading up to the federal hall with a big armor and nobody notices. after that, two people (snake and raiden) with infiltrating gear and a shitload of weapons (which apparently aren't visible) talk to each other and nobody notices either. damn games and their stupid logic.

Yeah, you have some points there. You're like I used to be, reading into every little thing. Not a bad thing at all, but I try not to read into everything too much. Some stuff just isn't that big. There's probably a logical explanation that we are both missing, but I'm not sure.

Gotta agree with you about the not being noticed part. I always found that pretty weird and funny. No big deal, though, eh? :)

i don't remember when, but in the game, somebody mentions that genetic information can be stored in computers and stuff so that we can emulate a person's personality or something. i think that the patriots are still "alive" in raiden. since campbell and the digital rose were derived from raiden's mind, and campbell and the digital rose are the S3 plan, it could be a possibility. knowing the mgs series, that might be a likely theory. before the patriots were killed, the genetic information of the patriots could have been stored in the nanomachines in raiden's cerebral cortex. i just copied from solidus' quote, so i'm not exactly sure what i'm saying. :) oh wait, that's not likely at all. the patriots were killed a hundred years ago. maybe they saved the information somewhere else and then they stored it in raiden's nanomachines, whatever nanomachines are.

lol You are confusing me beyond belief. You have some very good points and theories, I must say, though. Unfortunatly, none of us can confirm or deny them, but they are interesting nonetheless. Good job. You have better theories than me.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 03:02:29

Yeah, he's pure genius, alright. No question there. And of course he didn't do it himself. He had help from tons of animators and whatnot. The Hideo Kojima Team rules!

the mgs series are really good, but do you think hideo kojima should make a new game? i know that even if there are a lot of mgs sequels, they're still very very good, but maybe they should move on to something else. mgs4 and acid are okay, but after that, i think kojima should get started on something else. he has the imagination, he just needs to let go. i have a feeling that he has something in store for us for the last mgs games. knowing him, the last mgs will be the best damn game we'll ever get.

Sounds intriging. I'll have to get some details on it sometime.

The Cold War was when the two superpowers (USA and the Soviet Union) were building up there nuclear arsenal. Neither attacked each other for fear of counter-attack. That's the basic story. Don't wanna get into a history lesson. ;)

i guess i could do some research myself, if it's going to help me understand mgs3. research is so damn boring though. there should have been short stories in mgs3 like the ones in mgs2. they could have slipped in some details about the cold war to clear some things up. the stories in mgs2 are so long though. i read through all of them.

Yeah, you have some points there. You're like I used to be, reading into every little thing. Not a bad thing at all, but I try not to read into everything too much. Some stuff just isn't that big. There's probably a logical explanation that we are both missing, but I'm not sure.

Gotta agree with you about the not being noticed part. I always found that pretty weird and funny. No big deal, though, eh? :)

i guess i like to think a lot. whenever something catches my attention, i just can't look away. i have to look into it and find out everything about it. i'm just a naturally curious person. i sure hope there is a logical explanation for all of this, because it's really confusing and i have to get to the bottom of it. i would be disappointed if there is no explanation for it.

lol You are confusing me beyond belief. You have some very good points and theories, I must say, though. Unfortunatly, none of us can confirm or deny them, but they are interesting nonetheless. Good job. You have better theories than me.

i tend to confuse people a lot. :) i guess thinking of everything is my strong point. i bet i even figured out some plot points even if i didn't notice it. i'm just good at picking up clues. take the jak and daxter series, for example. don't read the paragraph below if you don't want some of the twists to be revealed.

SPOILERS there are tons of clues in jak and daxter and jak II about a revelation that happens in jak II. plus jak can transform into "light jak", which closely ressembles a lifeform that is shown in the ending of jak II. in jak and daxter, daxter stumbles upon a precursor (a population of mysterious beings that are now extinct. nobody knows what they looked like or what kind of beings they were) artifact. jak grabs the artifact and it glows when he holds it. this is just one of the clues. in jak II, there is a boy with a precursor artifact hung around his neck. that boy is in fact jak himself. the precursor necklace is another clue. finally, in jak III, the special form that jak can transform into ressembles a being shown in jak II's ending, as i said earlier. the being is in fact a precursor, which was released from an egg that jak recovered. so, when you look at all those clues, it's very likely that jak is a precursor. bear in mind that i haven't played jak III yet, so i'm not sure if my theory is right. SPOILERS

well, that's all i had to say. i'll try to make my posts shorter from now on, cuz i'm probably bugging you right now. :) i just don't really like to make half-assed posts, that's all. nevertheless, i'll try making them shorter.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 13:59:37

At 4/2/05 03:02 AM, twilight_venom wrote: the mgs series are really good, but do you think hideo kojima should make a new game? i know that even if there are a lot of mgs sequels, they're still very very good, but maybe they should move on to something else. mgs4 and acid are okay, but after that, i think kojima should get started on something else. he has the imagination, he just needs to let go. i have a feeling that he has something in store for us for the last mgs games. knowing him, the last mgs will be the best damn game we'll ever get.

He actually is the man behind the game Zone Of The Enders, too. They're pretty goodin there own way.

i guess i could do some research myself, if it's going to help me understand mgs3. research is so damn boring though. there should have been short stories in mgs3 like the ones in mgs2. they could have slipped in some details about the cold war to clear some things up. the stories in mgs2 are so long though. i read through all of them.

Well, they give you some info. If you want some small help understanding the game, read up a bit on the Cuban Missile Crisis. That'll help a tad.

i guess i like to think a lot. whenever something catches my attention, i just can't look away. i have to look into it and find out everything about it. i'm just a naturally curious person. i sure hope there is a logical explanation for all of this, because it's really confusing and i have to get to the bottom of it. i would be disappointed if there is no explanation for it.

Yeah, well here's hoping everything gets solved. It's cool being naturally curious and all, too. Like I said, I used to be like that.

Jak theories

Well, those are some interesting theories. I've played them all and pretty much know the whole story, but I won't ruin anything. Jak 3 will definatly solve pretty much everything for you. You'll be in for quite a suprise. ;)

well, that's all i had to say. i'll try to make my posts shorter from now on, cuz i'm probably bugging you right now. :) i just don't really like to make half-assed posts, that's all. nevertheless, i'll try making them shorter.

Nah, I don't mind at all. Just not used to it is all. It's all good.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 15:27:46

At 4/2/05 03:02 AM, twilight_venom wrote:

can i join??? i just bought myself MGS3, and its one of the best games i ever played. is this club only about mgs3, are other games as well.

SPOILERS there are tons of clues in jak and daxter and jak II about a revelation that happens in jak II. plus jak can transform into "light jak", which closely ressembles a lifeform that is shown in the ending of jak II. in jak and daxter, daxter stumbles upon a precursor (a population of mysterious beings that are now extinct. nobody knows what they looked like or what kind of beings they were) artifact. jak grabs the artifact and it glows when he holds it. this is just one of the clues. in jak II, there is a boy with a precursor artifact hung around his neck. that boy is in fact jak himself. the precursor necklace is another clue. finally, in jak III, the special form that jak can transform into ressembles a being shown in jak II's ending, as i said earlier. the being is in fact a precursor, which was released from an egg that jak recovered. so, when you look at all those clues, it's very likely that jak is a precursor. bear in mind that i haven't played jak III yet, so i'm not sure if my theory is right. SPOILERS

sorry to say this, but your theory isnt right. if you wouldve played jak3, and finished it, you would know the true form of the precursors. (believe me, you will be amazed about their true form) it is true that there is someone who is a precursor in the jak and dexter saries, but you'll find out in Jak3 ;)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 15:31:19

He actually is the man behind the game Zone Of The Enders, too. They're pretty goodin there own way.

oh yeah, i remember that game. it wasn't very popular though. i think he made a mgs bundle with a zoe demo so it could be more popular. he did the same with mgs, he put a demo with zoe. that's probably the only reason people bought it.

Well, they give you some info. If you want some small help understanding the game, read up a bit on the Cuban Missile Crisis. That'll help a tad.

yeah, i heard major tom mentioning it a few times. i'll look it up.

Well, those are some interesting theories. I've played them all and pretty much know the whole story, but I won't ruin anything. Jak 3 will definatly solve pretty much everything for you. You'll be in for quite a suprise. ;)

okay, now i'll be thinking too much about it. i absolutely need to find out what that surprise is. did i find out something about the story while doing my "detective work" though?

did you notice we're like the only ones posting? if it wasn't for me and you, this club would probably go downhill, right?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 15:34:43

sorry to say this, but your theory isnt right. if you wouldve played jak3, and finished it, you would know the true form of the precursors. (believe me, you will be amazed about their true form) it is true that there is someone who is a precursor in the jak and dexter saries, but you'll find out in Jak3 ;)

let me guess, the precursors are metal heads? this is just a wild guess. but then, what are all those clues about? jak acivates a precursor artifact, the boy in haven city has a precursor artifact around his neck, and light jak looks exactly like a precursor. you're probably trying to mislead me , right?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 15:44:44

At 4/1/05 06:32 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:

hehe...you know that vamp was suposed to be a woman in the begining?
and 2/3 of his powers are from a canceled character called aqua man?
you were suposed to be fighing aqua man at the watter purifying tank, and the part of running over water...also aqua man.

liquid NEVER is more hot then solid snake! >=(

Well, you are intitled to your opinion, and from what I hear, many didn't like it, but I loved Twin Snakes. Though it was great! And yeah, just keep posting. Should no older members come back, I may start excepting members myself.

twin snakes was not THAT loved becuse the cutcenes are over-the-top...the game itself was not bad.

i actuly like the voise actor of gray fox in the PSX original, the voise actuly sounded like he was in pain...
i also liked otacon.

"imune" is a big word.
some day he will die becuse of it.

that's why she got cut off at the part she said she was pregnant...

and did you know that the hinting about 30 april was actuly somthing that hapened to the produser and his wife? he forgot the day he first met his wife, and wants to be rememberd to it for the rest of his life.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 16:37:14

hehe...you know that vamp was suposed to be a woman in the begining?
you were suposed to be fighing aqua man at the watter purifying tank, and the part of running over water...also aqua man.

damn, that would have been a gay character, no wonder they changed him.

what about solidus? there are three clones, you know. i thought solidus was pretty cool, even though snake is cooler. solidus looks a lot like big boss, which was the intended effect.

twin snakes was not THAT loved becuse the cutcenes are over-the-top...the game itself was not bad.

the over-the-top cutscenes was what scared me, especially when snake goes beserk and points his gun at baker. that was so out of character. the problem with the gameplay was that the environment wasn't made the gameplay features of mgs2. mgs2 had smaller areas, like in the tanker mission, whereas mgs1 had big areas, like the hangar and the snow fields.

i actuly like the voise actor of gray fox in the PSX original, the voise actuly sounded like he was in pain...
i also liked otacon.

gray fox had a good voice in the original. too bad they ruined it in twin snakes. otacon was cool too.

"imune" is a big word.

i wonder when that will happen. maybe kojima is preparing a super dramatic death cutscene for snake, liquid, solidus and raiden.

and did you know that the hinting about 30 april was actuly somthing that hapened to the produser and his wife? he forgot the day he first met his wife, and wants to be rememberd to it for the rest of his life.

that doesn't surprise me. you'll find that a lot or creations are based on real events. take seinfeld, for example. a lof of the situations are loosely based on real events that happened to larry david. that's where all the show's humor comes from. how was rosemary kidnapped by an AI, by the way? also, there's no real evidence that a digital rose exists. i'm just really confused about that one part.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 16:56:57

At 4/2/05 03:27 PM, _Nevyn_ wrote:
At 4/2/05 03:02 AM, twilight_venom wrote:
can i join??? i just bought myself MGS3, and its one of the best games i ever played. is this club only about mgs3, are other games as well.

Yeah, sure. It's about all things Metal Gear. Welcome.

Shhh. Don't give too muhc away. Let him be suprised. ;)

At 4/2/05 03:31 PM, twilight_venom wrote: oh yeah, i remember that game. it wasn't very popular though. i think he made a mgs bundle with a zoe demo so it could be more popular. he did the same with mgs, he put a demo with zoe. that's probably the only reason people bought it.

Never knew about that bundle. Heh, yeah, I can imagine people buying ZOE solely for MGS.

yeah, i heard major tom mentioning it a few times. i'll look it up.

K. :)

okay, now i'll be thinking too much about it. i absolutely need to find out what that surprise is. did i find out something about the story while doing my "detective work" though?

Sorry, I don't want to give a single thing away. It's such a good game. But anyway, back to MGS.

did you notice we're like the only ones posting? if it wasn't for me and you, this club would probably go downhill, right?

Yeah, probably, though it looks like a bit o' activity has picked up.

At 4/2/05 03:44 PM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: hehe...you know that vamp was suposed to be a woman in the begining?

I heard the ol' Vamp rumor, though the Aqua Man one is a new one on me. You really do learn something knew every day.

I said Liquid was cooler, not hotter. That's your opinion. O_o

Yeah, I hear the cutscenes are the main hatred of TTS. I loved them, but they are unrealistic.

i also liked otacon.

I thought he sounded quite in pain in TTS.

"imune" is a big word.

Well, yes, same as it did to Liquid. But for now, I think he is safe from it. I believe it is when the body is spent that he will be suseptable.

Yup.

Coolness.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 19:51:26

Shhh. Don't give too muhc away. Let him be suprised. ;)

this isn't funny, you guys are keeping me in the dark about something. :( but i shouldn't ask, since i don't want the story ruined for me.

Yeah, probably, though it looks like a bit o' activity has picked up.

i hope it becomes more popular. it's still on the front page, but so far only me, you and fox have posted.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 19:58:21

At 4/2/05 07:51 PM, twilight_venom wrote: this isn't funny, you guys are keeping me in the dark about something. :( but i shouldn't ask, since i don't want the story ruined for me.

Yeah, we are. There is a big suprise in good ol' Jak 3, and I loved it. You will too, methinks.

i hope it becomes more popular. it's still on the front page, but so far only me, you and fox have posted.

Ahhh, don't worry. I'm sure things 'ill pick up.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-02 22:12:14

Yeah, we are. There is a big suprise in good ol' Jak 3, and I loved it. You will too, methinks.

i think i know what it is. it's erol, isn't it? he's back, isn't he? i played the jak III demo, and i saw him in holographic form. jak spotted him and the holographic said in exclamation "You!". it has to be him. i also saw a screenshot of a guy in a mech armor that looks somewhat like erol, only he's all mutated and stuff because of the dark eco barrels in the stadium. if it is him, please don't tell me. even if i have guessed it, i want to keep it a surprise. i also predict gol and maia's return. if erol didn't die because of the dark eco barrel, maybe gol and maia didn't die either. plus, they both spent a lot of time experimenting with dark eco, so they probably know all of its secrets. they could be immune to it. if that's not the case, it would be a cool plot twist. did you guys hear about a new game in the series? i hear it's supposed to be a racing game. also, the game is story-based like the previous entries, unlike most kart racers. it would be a pretty cool game, but then it makes you wonder if naughty dog can handle it. they did it well with CTR, but this is a different series. it can't be just a normal kart racer. i'm really mad they sold the Crash Bandicoot series to universal. in my opinion, they should have kept it, because now the bandicoot's popularity has been tainted by the mediocre games that universal made. let's hope the same thing doesn't happen to the jak and daxter series.

okay, i think this is enough about the jak and daxter series. after all, this is a metal gear solid club. maybe i could start a jak and daxter club. the series has progressed a lot, so a club about it might be popular. well, anyways, that's all i had to say.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 05:06:46

damn, that would have been a gay character, no wonder they changed him.

well, he had tatoos all over his body, showing leviatan, the dragon of water.
wenever he jumps in the pool the tatoo will start to glow that you get the idea that you see the dragon swim around in the water.
and wen you had to save Emma, the coridors had to be protected by sharks, ho had to be atracted by the blood you lose wen hitting bombs.

what about solidus? there are three clones, you know. i thought solidus was pretty cool, even though snake is cooler. solidus looks a lot like big boss, which was the intended effect.

well, solidus actuly used the same face structure as snake and liquid, he just hapend to look like big boss becuse he looks like snake 10-15 years from now.

i wonder when that will happen. maybe kojima is preparing a super dramatic death cutscene for snake, liquid, solidus and raiden.

solidus IS dead, remember wen raiden cut his back?
liquid is also dead...well, not realy, he is a part of revolver ocelot now...

how was rosemary kidnapped by an AI, by the way? also, there's no real evidence that a digital rose exists. i'm just really confused about that one part.

well, they have people working for them, just like olga told you in her final moments.
raiden has to stay alife to let her child live, becuse in raiden's blood there are nano machines ho send out a signal to the patriots.
also, raiden is not using his own blood during the mission, just contact cambel over and over till he tels you in the begining of the mission on the platform.
just remember, even solidus did not know that the patriots were a program, even wen he was the president of the USA.
and the AI in arsenal gear is also not the only AI all over the world, there is also one in the pentagon...

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 08:50:54

At 4/2/05 10:12 PM, twilight_venom wrote: jak and daxter theory's

im not gonna tell you anything about the story, but i dont think there will be a racing game. the guys of naughty dog said that the Jak and Daxter series are done, but their are much more storys to be told. the racing game rumor was just a logical thing to say about it, because almost all games like that got a cart game. but i dont think they are gonna do something like that, thats ot original enough for naughty dog.
*SPOILERS* (stop reading right here twilight venom!!)
i think that the next game in the jak and daxter series will be a sery of Mar. people that played out the game, know who Mar is, right? then, we might get a few more games like this!!! huray!!
*END OF SPOILERS*

i only played MGS3, and i dont understand much of the story. can anyone give me a quick explenation about the metal gears, and the tree snake's (solid, liquid, and solidus, right?) also, what is fox, and what is the philosephers legacy? please dont tell me something that i will find out in MGS3, i dont want the story to be ruined.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 15:32:16

At 4/2/05 10:12 PM, twilight_venom wrote: Jak secrets

Sorry, but I ain't telling you nothing. You'll have to play the game.

Now then, back to Metal Gear Solid...

At 4/3/05 05:06 AM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: well, he had tatoos all over his body, showing leviatan, the dragon of water.
wenever he jumps in the pool the tatoo will start to glow that you get the idea that you see the dragon swim around in the water.

That actually sounds pretty cool.

and wen you had to save Emma, the coridors had to be protected by sharks, ho had to be atracted by the blood you lose wen hitting bombs.

That just sounds stupid, in my opinion. How are sharks gonna get into the Big Shell. C'mon.

well, solidus actuly used the same face structure as snake and liquid, he just hapend to look like big boss becuse he looks like snake 10-15 years from now.

Exactly. Once Solid & Liquid reach that age, they'll look the same. And people who have played Snake Eater will know how far the similarities between Big Boss and the Snakes.

solidus IS dead, remember wen raiden cut his back?
liquid is also dead...well, not realy, he is a part of revolver ocelot now...

I gotta say, that Liqiud living in the arm thing is pretty messed. For MGS, it's believeable, but c'mon.

well, they have people working for them, just like olga told you in her final moments.
raiden has to stay alife to let her child live, becuse in raiden's blood there are nano machines ho send out a signal to the patriots.
also, raiden is not using his own blood during the mission, just contact cambel over and over till he tels you in the begining of the mission on the platform.
just remember, even solidus did not know that the patriots were a program, even wen he was the president of the USA.
and the AI in arsenal gear is also not the only AI all over the world, there is also one in the pentagon...

Yup. Good explanation, man.

At 4/3/05 08:50 AM, _Nevyn_ wrote: im not gonna tell you anything about the story, but i dont think there will be a racing game. the guys of naughty dog said that the Jak and Daxter series are done, but their are much more storys to be told. the racing game rumor was just a logical thing to say about it, because almost all games like that got a cart game. but i dont think they are gonna do something like that, thats ot original enough for naughty dog.
*SPOILERS* (stop reading right here twilight venom!!)
i think that the next game in the jak and daxter series will be a sery of Mar. people that played out the game, know who Mar is, right? then, we might get a few more games like this!!! huray!!
*END OF SPOILERS*

Okay guys, enough of the Jak & Daxter and whatnot talk. It's a cool game and all. I love it, in fact. But I wanna keep this place pure MGS.

i only played MGS3, and i dont understand much of the story. can anyone give me a quick explenation about the metal gears, and the tree snake's (solid, liquid, and solidus, right?) also, what is fox, and what is the philosephers legacy? please dont tell me something that i will find out in MGS3, i dont want the story to be ruined.

Metal Gear is a bi-pedal robotic tank with first strike capabilities. Snake/Raiden stops one in each of his adventures.

The three Snakes are Solid, Liquid and Solidus(Point of interest guys: Why do you think there is no Vapor Snake?). They are cloned and created from the greatest soldier ever, Big Boss.

FOX in MGS3 is Force Operations X, Naked Snake and Tom's division of the government. One for stealth and black-ops operations. It later becomes FOXHOUND, which has members such as Solid, Liquid and Ocelot.

The Philosephers Legacy will be explaned later in the game.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-03 15:53:23

At 4/3/05 03:32 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Metal Gear is a bi-pedal robotic tank with first strike capabilities. Snake/Raiden stops one in each of his adventures.

they are the most advanced weapon becuse of one thing; they can fire a nuke/missile from any plase on earth.
there are also difrent models of metal gear, of what the standard model is the Rex type, evry metal gear is based on that moddel now.
also, metal gear ray is an ANTI metal gear made by the marines to take doun other ilegal metal gears made from all over the world, but was stolen during the tanker insident.
after the insident, ray was mass produced to protect the ultimat fortress, arcenal gear.

The three Snakes are Solid, Liquid and Solidus(Point of interest guys: Why do you think there is no Vapor Snake?). They are cloned and created from the greatest soldier ever, Big Boss.

-solid snake- if after big boss the geatest soldier ever to exist, by stopping the insidents in "outer heaven" and "shadow moses".
-liquid snake- thinks he was a by product of the cloning of snake, and he was the first to tell snake that he and snake are cloned from big boss. he also was the leader of foxhound(a unit solid snake worked for, but turned into a group of terorists.)
-solidus snake- is the oldest clone of big boss, and was the president of the USA.
but after the insident of shadow moses, he was forced to "retire" and die(in a car crash) becuse by order of the patriots(he was the one ho wanted the secret weapon there, metal gear rex, but blowed the cover of it), but he escaped and went underground with the help of ocelot.
he formed the group of terorist with the name of "the sonse of liberty" by combining a group of hired soldiers from russia, and an exiled special ops. called "dead cell".
he also called himself "sollid snake" during the terorist attack to give the real solid snake a bad name.

The Philosephers Legacy will be explaned later in the game.

but in metal gear solid 2, philosepher became an anti metal gear organisation to put a stop to all metal gears all over the world.
solid snake and otacon are members of it.