00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,276 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-06 21:13:51

At 6/6/08 01:47 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Just to let you guys know (if you hadn't already)

Full spoilers have been posted on pretty much any site that is relevant to MGS4. I'll warn you lot to avoid anything MGS4 related if the story means a lot to you.

Thankyou for the warning, i'll keep that in mind.

I've heard that the gameplay is episodic, with different indevidual levels... also i've heard that there are multiple 90 minute cutscenes in the game and that you need to download about 10 gigs of info from the web that wouldn't fit on the blueray... can anyone confirm any of this?

Hovering around Consciousness

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-12 16:32:15

So... thoughts?

I like it. I'm not overly far, just past the bit after you meet Drebin. But the gameplay is cool and it looks incredible.

My only beef is the text in the corner of the Pause menu is a bit small for my awful eyesight.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-13 20:25:09

Mortal Kombat Kolab

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-13 22:06:47

Just bought it today. I'm at the bit just before you first see Liquid Ocelot. It really is a next gen game. The graphics are OMFG quality, theres shitloads of weapons to get your hands on and the combat is just so much more better than in previous games. The Octocamo and the barrel is a lot of fun too...

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-14 10:00:42

Wow i picked it up on friday but really havent had much of a chance to play it. I just got to the part where you meet drebin. This game is so completely different from the previous versions in so many ways but yet its still mgs. its really weird.

I just wanna add a little note here that we should probably keep spoilers to a minimum. try not to talk about any specific things in the game that go beyond the beginning or the stuff we already know in the trailers.
If you really gotta say something, add a spoiler warning. I just think this will make the game more fun for everybody

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-18 01:17:11

At 6/18/08 01:04 AM, Xtesh wrote: I finished the game two days ago.

The ending is so well done and great that I felt privileged to play this game

To get an idea of what I mean, trust me when I say that this game is to the Wii/PS3/360 console generation as Chrono Trigger and FFVI were to the SNES. It is the greatest game for this console generation, and I will exercise my political right to yell at people who disagree at every opportunity.

I completely agree with you plus it deserves a little more since it is the retirement of Solid Snake and of MGS series. I am proud to have beaten it and seen the series from Metal Gear 1 to Metal Gear Solid all the way here. I am so happy as well.

Hideo, Congratuations and thank you for your excellent series.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-21 13:39:59

The MGS series is so freaking AWESOME ! Im just sad that I wont actually get to play the new game but atleast I got to see all of the cutscenes on youtube and man were they kewl. As far as I am concerned MGS = EPIC
I tried posting this before and made a new topic by accident lol. Anyone know how I can delete that lol.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-23 17:57:50

I finished it last night (well this morning).
It was fantastic :). I'm glad it wasn't like the previous two that were completed so quickly. And unlike Snake Eater I want to play it again.

And the ending was brilliant, very emotional.

My only beef is how they made Raiden look and sound more manly. I liked Raiden the way he was... though I suppose I'm the only one.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-23 21:38:51

SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!
SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!
SPOILER!SPOILER!

That REX vs RAY fight with Liquid was fucking awesome. I've just got to the Screaming Mantis fight and I don't know how to fight her or reduce her psyche gauge, which is pretty worrying. Also, OMG Raiden chopped his arm off!

END OF SPOILER

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-24 11:44:07

The last fight is better :). So brilliant.

Did we all try to switch the controller port against Mantis?
I lol'd when I did.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-24 16:34:33

At 6/24/08 11:44 AM, Nev wrote: The last fight is better :). So brilliant.

Did we all try to switch the controller port against Mantis?
I lol'd when I did.

*after half an hour of trying to figure out how the fuck to hurt Screaming Mantis*
"Aha! Now I remember!"
*switches controller to 2. Watches ensuing codec conversation. Bangs head off of table*

I actually had to go to GameFaqs to figure out how to hurt her. The first time I have had to do so for any game in a long time.

The Colonel's suggestions make him out to be a bit behind the times.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-26 17:49:36

Spoiler

didn't like the mantis battle that much. Granted it was really funny when we tried all our old mantis tricks, but i thought it was much to obvious and over way to quick. we knew to use the syringe from the vamp battle and once you used the doll it was over way to quick. i would have liked a more depth to the combat. I really would have liked it if we had an opportunity to use the doll on a few FROGS, or anything for that matter. i did like the fact that psyco mantis showed, i bought a vibrating controller just for this game and mantis really seemed to like that.

Spoiler over

So what do u guys think about the online mode??? I've gotten so addicted to it after beating the main game. we should start a newgrounds clan like we tried to do with the old MGO.
Anybody Wanna join?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-01 11:03:31

Well, i picked up this game about a week ago and started the game off on hard right off the bat. It was a little hard to get used to some new controls but otherwise this was pretty easy for a hard mode. Just finished the game up about 2 days ago and started the game on Extreme. Now this is where the challenge is at. I am up to Crying Wolf and there is not a chance in hell of beating her. 1 shot from any1 and its "GG" for me.

The online play is awesome so far, but there are little tweaks that i would like to see be done. For example, i can't stand that when someone dies the person screams, at first it seemed like a cool idea, but after 10 hours of online play, it gets really annoying.

As to Insomniacs idea, i agree, we should get a newgrounds clan going and dominate. I have played with him online already and he is one hell of a player. For the future, my name online is Diggss. Hope we can get this clan started and i will see you on the battlefield.

Also, if anyone can help me out by posting a link on where i can order a microphone/headset for PS3 i would really appreciate it.

Second Place = Dead Last

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-01 11:10:30

Ocelot is an asshole on The Boss Extreme. One strong punch and there goes a quarter of your health.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-02 20:01:20

Finally, Crying Wolf is down on Insane. That took about 4 hours to get her down and being cautios with my moves. Gool luck to everyone who will attempt it.

Second Place = Dead Last

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-03 10:49:53

At 7/2/08 08:01 PM, Diglio wrote: Finally, Crying Wolf is down on Insane. That took about 4 hours to get her down and being cautios with my moves. Gool luck to everyone who will attempt it.

if ur going for the Big Boss emblem, can u kill the bosses whille there in their suit, and just tranq them after they came out?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-03 11:00:30

Awesome. Will there be talk about MGS3 nad 4, too?

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-03 17:24:33

I hate TBE >:(!
I'm shit at it :(.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-04 23:53:11

Hi, i was looking for some people that to add as friends in both MGS4 and as a Playstation Network Friend. My name is Diggss in both MGS4 and PSN. Send me a friend invite and i will add you, also, in MGS4, send me mail with your name so i can add you. Thanks lots.

Second Place = Dead Last

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-05 00:01:10

if ur going for the Big Boss emblem, can u kill the bosses whille there in their suit, and just tranq them after they came out?

I am not to sure about that. Might have to look it up.

Second Place = Dead Last

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-05 00:04:20

I was doing some research Insomniac and here is what i found.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file /926596/53227

This link shows you how to get the Big Boss Emblem and what is and is not allowed.

Second Place = Dead Last

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-11 09:36:58

Three and a half hour Big Boss Emblem. I love this game so much, on The Boss Extreme I actually found the boss battles a welcome reprieve from the difficulty of trying to be quick, yet still avoid alerts. Oh and don't get me started on the bike sequence, thank fuck I had the solar gun for that.

Still yet to try online modes yet though. Also, kinda disappointed the funny CODEC calls didn't make a return aside from that one from Otacon about disc 2.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-12 11:00:14

Hey, I made a clan the other day. It Wasn't the newgrounds clan cause someone had already taken the name but u guys want to join i would be grateful. it's only me and another person right now but we could use more people so that we can actually schedule battles and stuff. The clan name is Insomniacs. look it up!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-15 11:11:11

At 7/12/08 04:29 AM, TECh2o wrote: Woot. My friend got a PS3 not too long ago, and we just beat MGS4 the other day. Now, I'm going through MGS3 and trying to go through with no alerts. I don't give a damn about my ranking, I just want mah Stealth Camo. So far its going well, I'm just past Ocelot.

So... what do you do when you got an alert?

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-07-15 13:55:15

Nice. Club to MGS? I'm in!

Completed MGS4 with no alerts AND no kills today. :3

Liquid Easy difficulty FTW xD

SPOILERS
Did anyone get the Solar Gun? Also, did anyone try the Tanegashima in Act 1?

PS. Loved the end fight. I sometimes prat around against Liquid Ocelot to hear the Tanker Incident. Should be on Snake's iPod, that. :/

END SPOILERS

[insert witty, unnassuming and hilarious comment here]

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-08-06 15:16:19

Hi Guys Can You Help me?

How Can I use my old weapons in a new MGS4 save?....

I want to use the fucking mantis dolls!

also unlock the matchlock gun with the lead ball that cost million DP the Tasgasgashimasasas???

lol

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-08-06 16:17:18

At 8/6/08 03:16 PM, jtm17 wrote: How Can I use my old weapons in a new MGS4 save?....

Complete the game, watch the credits, save it when prompted.
Then go on Load Game and load the completed game. It'll let you start a new game with all the stuff you acquired in the original run.

I want to use the fucking mantis dolls!

They're actually not as interesting as you'd think. They hardly do anything.

also unlock the matchlock gun with the lead ball that cost million DP the Tasgasgashimasasas???

Get lots of DP.
In Act 5 you get it for half price.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-08-06 18:29:59

Hm....I Done That and i still didnt get all my guns
But Thanks Anyways Real good Help!

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-08-06 18:40:47

At 8/6/08 06:29 PM, jtm17 wrote: Hm....I Done That and i still didnt get all my guns
But Thanks Anyways Real good Help!

You don't get them until you meet the Mk. II.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-08-06 18:47:27

Oh ok Cheers