00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

138,844 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-01-15 20:25:36

Yea.

I'm gonna buy it before I get a PS3.

It looks pretty sweet so far.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-01-20 22:55:32

sorry for double post but,

Anyone actually try the fighting techniques (CQC) they use in MGS?? It's actually quite handy and it's easy to learn.

You could pretty much kick anyones ass!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-01-22 15:17:45

I love mgs so im going to join to.

metal gear solid club

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-01-22 21:23:36

wow... i'm glad to see people still posting... i havent checked this site in months... Hello all, and welcome

Hovering around Consciousness

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-01-29 17:58:19

At 1/22/08 10:50 PM, Xtesh wrote:
At 1/22/08 09:23 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: wow... i'm glad to see people still posting... i havent checked this site in months... Hello all, and welcome
Technically, nobody's posted except for me and the people that join once a month and never come back.

We need more MGS4 discussion here. :(

Well there hasnt really been much new news about it. have you heard any?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-03-06 00:50:02

I'm reviving this club because I can.

Release Date: June 12, 2008
And yes, it's still PS3 exclusive.

Box art:

metal gear solid club

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-03-06 01:12:14

Weapon Modification Images
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/th eshagohod/metal-gear-solid-4-screenshot-
15.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/th eshagohod/metal-gear-solid-4-screenshot-
14.jpg

12.jpg

Metal Gear Online Beta will begin April 21st for those who pre-order the game.

At 3/6/08 12:57 AM, Xtesh wrote: Good. My attempt failed due to laziness and forgetfulness.

Good, because all the clubs I used to be in are dead right now. I need to go on a friggin' revival spree.

It's going to stay that way because Kojima said that they had to cut out stuff for the game. Which is on a 50-GB Blu-Ray disk.
Which is the biggest one around.

I was REALLY hoping for those Japanese voice-overs. Would've made the second playthrough all the more awesome.

Sexy.

As is this:
The PS3 bundle, which will be an 80GB model with backwards-compatibility. It's essentially the Motorstorm pack with MGS4 replacing it.

metal gear solid club

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-03-08 03:40:31

MGS is the best franchise ever.
Gotta love ocelot

metal gear solid club

Mind will vanquish the sword

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-03-10 20:13:44

At 3/6/08 12:50 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: I'm reviving this club because I can.

Yay, I'm glad this hasn't died for good. Nice box art.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-03-12 21:14:31

At 3/11/08 09:44 PM, Xtesh wrote:
I've heard that the box art may change, so we'll either be getting something better or worse.

Hey, I don't care what they put on the box, its whats in the box that counts!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-03-19 01:04:58

Is that the official box art?? Even if it isn't it's kick ass!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-03-19 17:53:50

Metal Gear Solid is the best game ever to me

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-04-09 09:30:56

It looks like the hype around Metal Gear Solid 4 died a bit...

But just wait untill the game will be released in June, it will be the best game ever made!

metal gear solid club

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-04-18 10:18:57

haha i cant belive that when i was 15 years old i started this blog... Posted at: 1/26/03 10:40 AM "for anyone that is a fan of mgs 1 or mgs 2... i havent looked at this sight in a long time, and today i was justing fucking around and i came across it. after 5 years this board was viewd over 40,000 times and has over 100 pages worth of responces, i wonder how far it will go in the next 5 years..
-scarface 15

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-04-18 10:28:43

I'm getting a PS3 soon :).
Mainly for MGS4 obviously... but its nice to know that I will be able to get it :), I wasn't expecting to get a PS3 for over a year.

Gotta love student loans :).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-04-19 17:46:11

I think MGS is awesome I own MGS Portable Ops for Psp and I'm wondering if anyone will go online and play a deathmatch against me.

"War Never Changes"

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-04-24 20:44:41

At 4/19/08 05:46 PM, grounder40w wrote: I think MGS is awesome I own MGS Portable Ops for Psp and I'm wondering if anyone will go online and play a deathmatch against me.

Hey, i have MGS Portable ops, and MGS Portable ops plus, if you want we can do a round

Mortal Kombat Kolab

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-04-30 20:03:09

hey, anybody have the MGO beta? i've downloaded it and its quite fun, but some of the controls bother me, i liked the control scheme for the subsistence MGO better.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-04-30 20:09:11

At 4/9/08 09:30 AM, Play2jens wrote: It looks like the hype around Metal Gear Solid 4 died a bit...

But just wait untill the game will be released in June, it will be the best game ever made!

Best game ever made? The game is gonna be good, yeah. But the best? There are other games that are gonna rock the consoles.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-05-01 08:44:05

Is this game going to be long do you reckon?
The previous two were kinda disappointingly short.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-05-22 11:02:58

This trailer gave me a booner.

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-03 20:57:58

HELLO ALL!!!!!!!
With the release of MGS4 less than two weeks away, i've been getting some major mgs nostalgia, and man i miss when this forum was regularly attended... if theres anybody still checking this forum... please post, i really wanna see how many people we can get to keep posting. Lets try not to let it become barren again.

Anyways, I realized last night that after this game is over theres gonna be an empty place in my soul where MGS use to be. I can't believe this is gonna be the last real game... MGS followed me through so much of my life. I remember spending almost the entire summer of 1999 at my next door neighbor's house because he had a ps1 with the original MGS, I remember stealth unwrapping christmas gifts in my mothers closet a week before christmas and finding MGS2. oh the joy of seeing metal gear ray, the anguish of being raiden, the confusion of the patriots. *sniff* i think i'm gonna cry... and i didn't even mention the amazing cutsceens of mgs3 or the countless hours i spent playing subsistence online... this is gonna be worse than finishing the 7th harry potter...
Does anybody out there feel this way?????? *bursts out into uncontrolled weeping*

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-03 22:27:05

I'm still around.
In 8 days or less this place will be swarming with activity.

I bought a PS3 today, for GTAIV to be honest. But I went to buy something else to play too (Gran Turismo 5P) and I saw the release date for MGS4 and I was just shocked. June has really crept up on me. I can't believe its out next week. Its going to be great :).

Couldn't of got a PS3 at a better time either :).

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-03 22:28:06

I'm still around.
In 8 days or less this place will be swarming with activity.

I bought a PS3 today, for GTAIV to be honest. But I went to buy something else to play too (Gran Turismo 5P) and I saw the release date for MGS4 and I was just shocked. June has really crept up on me. I can't believe its out next week. Its going to be great :).

Couldn't of got a PS3 at a better time either :).

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-04 20:15:35

Oh i know, when i first got the ps3 there was absolutely NOTHING worth playing out there... But now we got games like GTA4, Assassins creed, Call of Duty 4, Oblivion and now MGS. The ps3 is finally showing off what it really can do.

I Picked up GTA4 myself recently and it is a really amazing game. the level of detail is just too astonishing... i mean common... its got entire stand up comedy routines and over a hundred in game websites... its crazy.

But yeah, its crazy to think that THE game we've been waiting for, for the past 4 years is finally coming out... I never thought this moment would really come. Sadly enough... MGS4 comes out on my girlfriend's birthday and the day after that is my senior prom, then she's got her grad party... theres a not to small part of me that just wants to say "hey babe, i love you but MGS was there first" and spend the weekend playing.
*note, i am not actually that much of a sleeze to ditch my girlfriend for a videogame... although it really comes close with this one :^)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-04 20:46:40

At 6/4/08 08:15 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: Oh i know, when i first got the ps3 there was absolutely NOTHING worth playing out there... But now we got games like GTA4, Assassins creed, Call of Duty 4, Oblivion and now MGS. The ps3 is finally showing off what it really can do.

I'll be sad when I've finished GTA IV. I'll need to spend more money on a new game :(.
Thankfully my birthday was the other week and my mum didn't get me a present. So I think Call of Duty would be nice :). Or Rainbow Six or something.

I Picked up GTA4 myself recently and it is a really amazing game. the level of detail is just too astonishing

Even without all the extras, and just graphics wise, its so impressive. When driving its like playing Gran Turismo.

My TV is very outdated too (well not very - but its not plasma, LCD or HD or anything). So to think what this game would be like on HD is frightening.
Hopefully MGS4's impressive-ness will be better :D.

Bad sentence that... and that.
*note, i am not actually that much of a sleeze to ditch my girlfriend for a videogame... although it really comes close with this one :^)

The obvious solution would be to make her watch you play MGS :P.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-04 22:07:53

At 6/4/08 08:46 PM, Nev wrote: I'll be sad when I've finished GTA IV. I'll need to spend more money on a new game :(.
Thankfully my birthday was the other week and my mum didn't get me a present. So I think Call of Duty would be nice :). Or Rainbow Six or something.

Yeah, i haven't finished it yet, just because i've been so buisy, but i would definately suggest Call of Duty 4 if you can play online, the one player mode is amazing as it is, but is sorta short. the online mode is purely orgasmic.

My TV is very outdated too (well not very - but its not plasma, LCD or HD or anything). So to think what this game would be like on HD is frightening.
Hopefully MGS4's impressive-ness will be better :D
Bad sentence that... and that.

Yeah, i got a regular CRT tv, but it does do HD well enough. I'm saving up money this summer so i can buy a really small LCD tv for miy dorm room, cause i really like playing in HD

The obvious solution would be to make her watch you play MGS :P.

Don't think i havent thought of that. I actually turned her into a gamer of sorts, but sadly i don't think i could ever give her the patience to play a stealth game... All Well...

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-05 15:38:07

At 6/5/08 12:55 AM, Xtesh wrote: 7 days and 5 minutes left.

I've even gotten myself a nice box to hide in at the midnight launch.

Seriously?
Does it have 'MGS4 Launch' written on it :P?
And do you have a truck you can sit in :)?

If not... get one.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-05 16:20:40

*hides in box*
*passer-by comes out with game*
*removes box*
"Freeze!"
"Gasp!" *drops item*
*Walks over item, white text flashes up "Metal Gear Solid 4"*

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2008-06-05 18:45:09

At 6/5/08 04:20 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:

*hides in box*
*passer-by comes out with game*
*removes box*
"Freeze!"

"Just try and pull the trigger!"

BBS Signature