00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

!Dragonball Z Crew!

741,892 Views | 10,619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-02-24 15:01:58

At 1/25/03 07:53 PM, Death-Head-666 wrote: I know there are alot of crews popping up but I think there should be a Dragonballz crew, unless there already is one, if not then I am #1, if there is then let me join would you. Would anyone else like to join?

you can join my DBZ club

KAMEHAME HA!!!

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-02-25 20:22:38

Why does Chi-Chi want Gohan to be a scholar so badly? He has fucking crazy ass super powers that save the world on a regular basis.

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-03-18 18:34:54

So, I just now started watching Dragon Ball Kai.

It's pretty good. The dialogue is a lot better, and I actually like some of the new voices more. I just wish the English theme song wasn't so terrible, they should've kept it the same as the Japanese version.

I'll probably be getting the rest of the DVDs, since I only have Part VII right now.

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-03-19 14:27:44

At 19 hours ago, Oolaph wrote:
It's pretty good. The dialogue is a lot better, and I actually like some of the new voices more. I just wish the English theme song wasn't so terrible,

MYSTERIES ABOUND, MADE OF A DEEP ENEGRY! ENERGY!

Hahaha, oh God, I'm sorry. Feel free to crucify me.

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-04-02 19:39:31

Goku is my favorite character

KAMEHAME HA!!!

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-06 17:32:24

At 1/25/03 07:53 PM, Death-Head-666 wrote: I know there are alot of crews popping up but I think there should be a Dragonballz crew, unless there already is one, if not then I am #1, if there is then let me join would you. Would anyone else like to join?

I personally love dragonball z, i make a load of art on deviant about it. i have been on newgrounds for 5 day's and noticed a lot of people being pretty violent towards it, i have no idea why and i don't really care what their problem is. everyone has their own tastes, and above all they are breaking the forum rules and there's nothing being done about it, have you noticed? anyway, they really shouldn't be so aggressive towards someone for having other interests, it's pretty much the same as racism. I'll give you some advice though, if you want a dragonball fanbase group without getting ranted on by childish people who think it sucks go to deviantart.com, theres millions of em there. Newgrounds is awesome but for certain things go to places where the interest group is bigger or try and find out which one of your interest IS appreciated on newgrounds and make a group of that in staid.

i hope this was helpful and informative, if not, i cant say i didn't try and i wish you luck with your group for as long as it can hold up.

Oh wow i did not look at the forum date, my bad...

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-06 17:47:32

Oh wow i did NOT look at the forum date, my bad :/
ignore my previous message. Still, i cant believe after roughly 10 years newgrounds is still so deprived of dragonball z.
I read trough quite a few messages and searched the animations, art and games... still so little...
wish there was more here, especially with all these skilled people on this site.

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-06 18:09:02

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-09 20:01:26

It kind of annoys me how people don't actually understand the difference between the different super-saiyan forms other than "LUL HIS HAIR CHANGED HES STRONGER NOW" Let me explain:

Normal Saiyan: Their power is in a sense "dormant" because they can only raise their power level by "igniting" it. Their body is basically like a lump of coal, it contains alot of energy, but it can only release it a little at a time, increasing in intensity with how "hot" its burning. Think of Gokus Kaioken technique as the equivalent of pouring gasoline over a piece of coal, it burns hot and fast but only lasts a short time until returning to normal.

Super Saiyan: Their power has been unleashed. Continuing with the coal analogy, SSJ would be like if all the energy from the coal was released but kept inside of the body as pure energy, not a solid thing. It can now be released as intensely as needed, and is much more potent at that, as becoming a SSJ also unlocks hidden power in the body, like having a second piece of coal that you didn't know you had. The higher stages of SSJ (ASSJ and USSJ) are just the equivalent of a bigger piece of coal, having more energy at the expense of more volume (and slower movement).

Super Saiyan 2: Like the SSJ, their power is completely unleashed, but rather than just filling up their body with power that moves around randomly inside them, it is ordered and directed. The biggest change is in how they control their energy. Its like a bag of chips, when you first fill it up the chips take up a lot more space because they are all angled haphazardly around inside, but if they are all placed in vertically, you can fit in a lot more chips in less volume, they are easier to get out, and are less prone to breaking. Replace the word "chips" in that last sentence with "energy" and you have SSJ2. They can direct the alignment of their energy within them and organize it, to be used much more efficiently. The second biggest change is their speed, which, as a result of their new ability to direct their energy, increases exponentially. A noticeable visible change as a result of this form is their aura, which when SSJ2 can be seen flowing upwards, and their hair points straight upwards in line with the energy inside of them.

Super Saiyan 3: This is nothing more than an incredible increase in power. It is like when Trunks goes USSJ but without the bad bulking-up side effect. Instead of expanding their body, the power is condensed to allow for even more energy to fit inside their body and be used. Whatever excess energy can't be stored in the body is stored in the hair, which increases greatly in volume. The more worn-out a SSJ3 is, the smaller his hair becomes, which is evident when Goku goes SSJ3 for the second time on Kamis lookout, where his hair is smaller than when he did it for Buu. They can also expend their energy at a much higher rate, as their body (due to the increased power density) changes dramatically and is much sturdier, a better conduit for releasing energy. The drastically increased energy output is what makes it harder to maintain SSJ3 as long as the other states.

Super Saiyan 4: This state isn't so much an energy change as it is a mental and physical change. With the other 3 transformations, it was always a change in how the energy was used, but with SSJ4 its the vessel that carries it. Like with SSJ3 The body becomes much more durable, becoming almost indestructible, but one of the most notable changes is its Saiyan adaptability. Until reaching SSJ4, Saiyans have the ability to become stronger after recovering from battles. With SSJ4, their body adapts and changes during battle, repairing itself and making the fighter more or less immune to attacks that it has experienced before. It cannot negate directly damaging attacks such as a punch or energy blast, but things like freezing, and specialty attacks lose their effect after repeated use. It also increases the Saiyan's mental capacity, increasing reaction time, energy control, and their ability to assess and design a battle strategy and implement it. There is a remarkable energy increase with this transformation as well, resulting in a larger volume of hair. (Though differently styled than SSJ3)

!Dragonball Z Crew!

Your curiosity is pissing me off.

Therefore, you win a cookie.

Relish in it, because it will be the last you ever eat.

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-13 06:18:01

At 6/9/12 08:01 PM, XgenGamer wrote: It kind of annoys me how people don't actually understand the difference between the different super-saiyan forms other than "LUL HIS HAIR CHANGED HES STRONGER NOW" Let me explain:

Normal Saiyan: Their power is in a sense "dormant" because they can only raise their power level by "igniting" it. Their body is basically like a lump of coal, it contains alot of energy, but it can only release it a little at a time, increasing in intensity with how "hot" its burning. Think of Gokus Kaioken technique as the equivalent of pouring gasoline over a piece of coal, it burns hot and fast but only lasts a short time until returning to normal.

Super Saiyan: Their power has been unleashed. Continuing with the coal analogy, SSJ would be like if all the energy from the coal was released but kept inside of the body as pure energy, not a solid thing. It can now be released as intensely as needed, and is much more potent at that, as becoming a SSJ also unlocks hidden power in the body, like having a second piece of coal that you didn't know you had. The higher stages of SSJ (ASSJ and USSJ) are just the equivalent of a bigger piece of coal, having more energy at the expense of more volume (and slower movement).

Super Saiyan 2: Like the SSJ, their power is completely unleashed, but rather than just filling up their body with power that moves around randomly inside them, it is ordered and directed. The biggest change is in how they control their energy. Its like a bag of chips, when you first fill it up the chips take up a lot more space because they are all angled haphazardly around inside, but if they are all placed in vertically, you can fit in a lot more chips in less volume, they are easier to get out, and are less prone to breaking. Replace the word "chips" in that last sentence with "energy" and you have SSJ2. They can direct the alignment of their energy within them and organize it, to be used much more efficiently. The second biggest change is their speed, which, as a result of their new ability to direct their energy, increases exponentially. A noticeable visible change as a result of this form is their aura, which when SSJ2 can be seen flowing upwards, and their hair points straight upwards in line with the energy inside of them.

Super Saiyan 3: This is nothing more than an incredible increase in power. It is like when Trunks goes USSJ but without the bad bulking-up side effect. Instead of expanding their body, the power is condensed to allow for even more energy to fit inside their body and be used. Whatever excess energy can't be stored in the body is stored in the hair, which increases greatly in volume. The more worn-out a SSJ3 is, the smaller his hair becomes, which is evident when Goku goes SSJ3 for the second time on Kamis lookout, where his hair is smaller than when he did it for Buu. They can also expend their energy at a much higher rate, as their body (due to the increased power density) changes dramatically and is much sturdier, a better conduit for releasing energy. The drastically increased energy output is what makes it harder to maintain SSJ3 as long as the other states.

Super Saiyan 4: This state isn't so much an energy change as it is a mental and physical change. With the other 3 transformations, it was always a change in how the energy was used, but with SSJ4 its the vessel that carries it. Like with SSJ3 The body becomes much more durable, becoming almost indestructible, but one of the most notable changes is its Saiyan adaptability. Until reaching SSJ4, Saiyans have the ability to become stronger after recovering from battles. With SSJ4, their body adapts and changes during battle, repairing itself and making the fighter more or less immune to attacks that it has experienced before. It cannot negate directly damaging attacks such as a punch or energy blast, but things like freezing, and specialty attacks lose their effect after repeated use. It also increases the Saiyan's mental capacity, increasing reaction time, energy control, and their ability to assess and design a battle strategy and implement it. There is a remarkable energy increase with this transformation as well, resulting in a larger volume of hair. (Though differently styled than SSJ3)

most credible analogy of the super saiyan transformations i ever read yet i would continue the "coal" analogy for ssj3, you see when coal burns at its strongest its near its end and it burns much faster, you can see that for both goku and gotenks as the ssj3 has great energy but it constantly decreases. also i don't think the hair thing's right, goku had much longer hair when he fought kid buu in ssj3 and he's been fighting for quite a while before that using a lot of energy while on kami's lookout he hasn't done much fighting and only showed it to demonstrate it. personally think that's just an imperfect drawing style going on, it happens a lot in dragonball z, for example when vegeta kicks cell when he just transformed he was drawn the size he was when he first arived on earth, while not even one episode before and after he was drawn nearly 2 heads bigger, and when fighting goku as majin vegeta he was goku's size while earlier and later on he was drawn smaller.

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-27 06:02:24

Any thoughts on the Dragonball Absalon series being made?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-KD8sXaYYs

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-30 20:37:24

At 12/21/11 08:39 AM, animehater wrote:
At 12/21/11 02:01 AM, jjjkuk wrote: Having others make them would ruin it.
We're doing just fine without him so far it seems. It's a new century, quit being such a fanboy.

WELCOME TO THE DBZ CREW where fans talk about it. Obviously, you've never experienced something that has changed its original creator and was butchered in the process. Yea, that post is half a year ago, but bite me.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-30 20:53:36

At 6/27/12 06:02 AM, TheRagingDeadStudio wrote: Any thoughts on the Dragonball Absalon series being made?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-KD8sXaYYs

Who made this? It seems to be unofficial.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-30 22:13:42

At 6/30/12 08:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Who made this? It seems to be unofficial.

It is unofficial, just another fanmade series.

Doesn't look to be too great of one either.

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-06-30 22:15:02

At 6/30/12 10:13 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 6/30/12 08:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Who made this? It seems to be unofficial.
It is unofficial, just another fanmade series.

Doesn't look to be too great of one either.

Well, the animation looks good. I didn't even realize it wasn't official right away.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2012-12-01 01:22:42

I know it's been a while but still, can't belive this crew would be dormant for that long. Anyway, I have been wondering, with the 14th DBZ movie in production, it is said that the event will take place in the time-skip between the end of Buu saga and the ending.

So with that said, do you think it will be a rare case where a movie not adapted from the manga is actually canon or will it be like the 2004 Saint Seiya movie where it looks canon but gets reconned few years later?

It should be interesting either way.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2016-10-10 05:20:23 (edited 2016-10-10 05:22:08)

At 10/10/16 05:17 AM, NekoMika wrote: Dragonball Super and other Dragonball stuff but thread never came back? Time to discuss newer stuff in the series!~

@Knights @Sense-Offender

I'll be honest, the new Future Trunks arc is up there with Namek and the Cell sagas for me as the best of Dragonball. It's great to feel excited for anything Toryiama related again that isn't Dragon Quest or Jaco, although he's pretty rad in Super, as well as seeing more of Beerus, Whis and more Gods of Destruction and more awesome characters like Hit and Zeno-Sama.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2016-10-15 09:47:59

My fave transformation is Frieza's 3rd form

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2016-10-15 14:55:28

I almost forgot this thread exists.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2016-11-03 18:50:57

Imagine if Omega Shenron came to Super and they overpowered him even more.

Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2016-11-06 22:00:17

At 10/11/16 11:46 AM, NekoMika wrote: The Future Trunks arc is getting more interesting since Trunks reached his Rage point and turned into a Legendary Super Sayian. Really wanting to see if he was at least wipe out Zamasu-Goku since Immortal Zamasu has to be handled a different way.

I swear, watching Dragonball Super is making me buy the Funko Pop figures. I have super saiyan Goku god form and he looks awesome.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2016-11-06 22:27:46

At 11/6/16 10:20 PM, NekoMika wrote: Fused Zamasu looks tough and given they had to bring back Vegito to even stand a chance says something about his power.

I haven't got that far in. I'm watching it on Crunchyroll.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2016-11-09 02:05:28

Dragon Ball Z is way too overpowered in comparison to the original Dragon Ball lol.

Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2017-02-24 00:04:26

At 11/9/16 02:05 AM, Se7en wrote: Dragon Ball Z is way too overpowered in comparison to the original Dragon Ball lol.

I agree. But you gotta love the new forms of power.

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2017-02-24 00:37:15

I just rewatched the entire series

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2017-02-24 13:07:29

At 2/24/17 11:54 AM, NekoMika wrote: Tournament arc is getting started and so far is looking great, probably one of the very few times Goku has done something at the cost of other people's lives; the previous time being the Cell arc.

I like that there's actual stakes now. Though, I wish Goku felt a little more remorse for doing what he did, potentially ending the lives of 11 universes worth of people, possibly all the ones he cares about, too.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2017-03-02 03:02:43

I have been a fan of Dragonball for years.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2017-03-02 18:56:28

I just got Return of Cooler, Super Android 13, Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan, and Bojack Unbound in a 4 movie pack last weekend. I already had Bojack Unbound, but I wanted the other three movies, especially Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan. I used to have it when I was a kid, but I have no idea where it went.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2017-09-11 03:13:38 (edited 2017-09-11 03:13:59)

At 3/2/17 06:56 PM, Big-Boss wrote: especially Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan. I used to have it when I was a kid, but I have no idea where it went.

that movie's saving grace is the ultra curbstomp Broly delivers to the Z fighters. other than that, it's pretty slow with no good new characters to latch onto. i do like the lines "Can you give us a handicap?" "Is that another word for coffin?" though.

At 9/7/17 05:06 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: In super Tien is the new yamcha :(

And everyone else got way stronger offscreen.

PlagueOfGripes just put up a video on Youtube on that very subject that you might be interested in. it goes into detail about how Tien's been fucked over in Z and especially in Super.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to !Dragonball Z Crew! 2023-07-13 05:22:19

I hadn't read the new Granolah arc from recently, but i really like Granolah's dumb fuckin firing pose.

It's so "Dragon ball", i can't explain it.