New Topic Respond to this Topic
Petwoip
Petwoip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 17:22:51 Reply

I'm curious, by posting in the audio section of the BBS a lot, do people notice and listen to your music more? I want to know this because right now all of my songs are off the 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd pages of every genre I have submitted into and I am recieving downloads, revies, etc at a VERY slow pace. It seems like my songs are only downloaded or reviewed if they are high up on the lists, so is posting in the BBS another way to get more recognition?

BBS Signature
HouseMasta
HouseMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 17:25:05 Reply

Audio Adv

this does

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature
Petwoip
Petwoip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 17:26:48 Reply

Ok, thats good to know...

But by posting in other threads do you get more recognition?

BBS Signature
HouseMasta
HouseMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 17:28:04 Reply

not really.

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature
LJCoffee
LJCoffee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 17:29:24 Reply

At 4/4/06 05:22 PM, Petwoip wrote: I'm curious, by posting in the audio section of the BBS a lot, do people notice and listen to your music more?

Nope... looks like you and I created our current accounts within a few months of each other and it also looks like we've submitted things at roughly about the same times here and there - my downloads are no higher than yours - even lower in some cases.

I wouldn't say that I post here a LOT but I do post often and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

AS far as your placement... 1st 2nd 3rd pages... nothing you can do about that - if you're too far up on the pages for certain people then they will just zero your ass right off of the first few pages...

HouseMasta is right though - doesn't help much either way - but do post in the audio advert. topic - you may get the odd vote or two...

BBS Signature
Petwoip
Petwoip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 17:32:38 Reply

Ok, thanks for the advice guys!

BBS Signature
Crazy-Train
Crazy-Train
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 17:37:11 Reply

make your sig pic a link to your music. also in your signature say "HEY CHECK MY MUSIC OUT" but not all caps im just stupid. Then post. I offten just screw around and find some random songs that i say from someones sig.

Petwoip
Petwoip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 17:45:41 Reply

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you put a written link in your sig. All I know how to do is make a picture with a link.

BBS Signature
pitbulljones
pitbulljones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 18:32:29 Reply

ive found posting on here has helped me quite a bit actually, you chat to peeps and they tend to look at ur profile and see you've got music, then they go and listen and review.

true you've gotta review as much as u can as u tend to get one bk, but just talking on here and posting useful stuff has given me plenty of hits. nowt major.

Latest Tracks: Thinking Back and Edith
My Soundcloud My Youtube
If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature
NemesisTheory
NemesisTheory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Audiophile
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-04 18:44:02 Reply

At 4/4/06 05:45 PM, Petwoip wrote: This is probably a stupid question, but how do you put a written link in your sig. All I know how to do is make a picture with a link.

[open] a href="link" [close] text [open/aclose]
enter < (open) and >(close) where due.
Hope it helps.. if I put it in directly it won't show the code, it probably looks a little weird now. XD

Also, I hope posting here helps a bit. If nothing else, it'll make your 'stay' here a lot more enjoyable, I figure. :P

BBS Signature
TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-05 18:03:47 Reply

At 4/4/06 05:25 PM, HouseMasta wrote: Audio Adv

this does

hahahahahhahahahahahahah *wipes tear* sure it does...no posting a lot here doesnt increase your downloads although being featured author and on the portal front page (paragonx9) does... also to put in written text links use this EDIT YOUR SELF!!!

-a href="http://www.yourwebsitehere.com"-name
ofthingyouwanttowrite-/a- (take out - and put > or <)

BBS Signature
TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-05 18:10:15 Reply

At 4/4/06 05:45 PM, Petwoip wrote: This is probably a stupid question, but how do you put a written link in your sig. All I know how to do is make a picture with a link.

If you want a link above the picture do this

Go to reply like you're going to post link to where you want then copy/paste the link to your sig

If you want it "clickable" then just simply put in the URL (www.example.com) under where you upload the sig.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Does the BBS help? 2006-04-05 18:16:31 Reply

Ya I dont know exactly what it is that makes some people really like your music - i guess you just have to hit ppl's buttons right - I mean ryeguyhead has been submitting stuff for as long as me yet hes not as popular and a lot of ppl go "who?"

I think it also has to do with which genres you submit to - like, unless you're kingbastard submitting to misc all the time might not be the best way to get popular.. vg, trance and techno are like some of the biggest trafficked genres..