00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

liazx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

944,319 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-05 16:00:38

At 9/5/07 03:44 PM, Mendou wrote: Looks nice, hope they actually focused on the game play and not just the opening. Because of this and that FF tactics games coming out it's starting to urge me to get a psp.

Heres a video with some gameplay footage. It seems to have a KH style to it. Doesn't look to be turned based. It'll be interesting to see how the battle engine pans out.

I wonder how long this game will be. I'm not entirely sure how much can fit on a single PSP disk but with the look of gfx, ect.. I'm sure this game will be pushing PSP to its limits. Could it be the first multi-disk game for the PSP?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-05 16:10:43

At 9/5/07 04:02 PM, Mendou wrote: Bad link, either that or my comp is being a dick.

No its me :(

FIXED

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-05 16:53:32

I read somwhere in a interview with someone that works with Square (not sure if it was tetsuya nomura or hironobi sakaguchi) that the game will be long, like 100+ hours. But i doubt it´ll be that long. I think story wise won´t last longer then 30 hours, but as there are always secrets/side quests gameplay can well exceed the 100 hour mark, just like most of my FF game saves.

And them videos look sweet. The battles look pretty simple. Nice and easy to control. It looks like a real good game. A bit similar to DoC, but without the guns.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 08:47:42

At 9/5/07 04:29 PM, Mendou wrote: Looks decent, i thought he attacked rather slow but it still looks like a game i could play and enjoy. Now we just wait for the supposed FF7 remake and hopefully they will shut up about FF7 forever.

I heard there carrying on the FF7 Compolation for another 10 years atleast. Which would make the original 20 years old by then.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 09:17:12

At 9/5/07 10:35 AM, Jay-Cee wrote: Apparently the release date for Japan is 2nd August. So I guess that means to expect a European release around Christmas? I don't even hav a PSP at the moment. I'm sure as hell buying one though.

Christmas? I doubt it.

At 9/5/07 02:42 PM, Life-Stream wrote: And no offence but you´re a fucking faggot for liking the FFIV bahamut that much.

LOL!!!!

At 9/5/07 04:53 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I read somwhere in a interview with someone that works with Square (not sure if it was tetsuya nomura or hironobi sakaguchi) that the game will be long, like 100+ hours. But i doubt it´ll be that long.

I doubt it as well. FFXII only lasted 60 hours when I completed the story and when I stopped playing on it, I was at about 85 hours. I'd say about 50 hours when I complete the story.

At 9/6/07 08:47 AM, Jay-Cee wrote: I heard there carrying on the FF7 Compolation for another 10 years atleast.

And is it really necessary to make more stuff for FFVII?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 09:26:56

At 9/6/07 09:17 AM, Bahamut wrote: And is it really necessary to make more stuff for FFVII?

Its never been necessary.
Cloud killing Sephiroth in the Lifestream or wherever in the original was a good enough ending to the game.

Square should've just released blow up Sephiroth sex dolls.
It would've ended the whole FFVII instantly. Because instead of having to make games and movies that somehow feature Sephiroth in order to please the fanboys, they could just let them fornicate themselves with the doll.

And then they could give the money to Sega so they can make Shenmue III >:(.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 09:28:22

At 9/6/07 09:17 AM, Bahamut wrote: And is it really necessary to make more stuff for FFVII?

From my point of view it isnt. Potentially though each game they bring out could make Square-Enix millions so it is to them I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 10:42:08

I bet they just rolled a die and seven was chosen......WHY NOT A FF6 MOVIE!!!! UGH!!!!!!

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 14:55:33

At 9/6/07 09:26 AM, Nev wrote:
And then they could give the money to Sega so they can make Shenmue III >:(.

Screw Shenmue III! FF all the way. :P

At 9/6/07 10:42 AM, Jackotrades wrote: I bet they just rolled a die and seven was chosen......WHY NOT A FF6 MOVIE!!!! UGH!!!!!!

Since when have you seen a 7 side die?

NEW NEWS!!!!!11!!

I just brought FFXI. Yes, i know people say it´s shit and not worth buying, but i saw it in the shop today, and you know how much it cost me?
4.95Euros. Thats like 3 pounds.
3 Pounds for FFXI and a free 30 day subsciption. I think it´s worth it. I mean, a months subscriprion is probably like 10quid a month or something, so 3 quid i think is good. I was in the shop (GAME)on Monday, and i saw a better version which had the game, 30 day free, and the 3 expansion packs, and it was only 9,95Euros (about 7 pound) - brand new - and i was gonna buy that one today but it was gone ;_; So i just settled for the game with 30 day free.
If i don´t like it after those first 30 days i probably won´t continue it, but it´s worth a try. Anyway, i´m gonna go install it now.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 15:52:16

At 9/6/07 02:55 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I just brought FFXI. Yes, i know people say it´s shit and not worth buying, but i saw it in the shop today, and you know how much it cost me?

Let me know how good it is please, i've been interested in it for a while. I just got a bargain too, a PSP + all the bits, 2 games and a 1 GB memory stick for a mere £30. Bring on the Crisis Core =P

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 16:26:59

At 9/6/07 03:52 PM, Jay-Cee wrote:
At 9/6/07 02:55 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I just brought FFXI. Yes, i know people say it´s shit and not worth buying, but i saw it in the shop today, and you know how much it cost me?
Let me know how good it is please, i've been interested in it for a while. I just got a bargain too, a PSP + all the bits, 2 games and a 1 GB memory stick for a mere £30. Bring on the Crisis Core =P

Ok, i´ll let you know. I´ve installed it (8 gigs) and i´m in the process of regestering. You have to register 3 things (you get registration codes with the game): PlayOnline, Tetra Master and FFXI. So i´m doing them all at once.

And holy crap, that is one hell of a bargain! Stolen or got from a friend or something?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 16:36:07

At 9/6/07 04:26 PM, Life-Stream wrote: And holy crap, that is one hell of a bargain! Stolen or got from a friend or something?

Friend of a friend. He cracked his case for his old one so rather than get it fixed bought a new one. Sold me his cheap and my other friend gave me a new case. Its pretty much brand new. Too bad ive nothing to play on it, the games he gave me suck. Anyone have suggestions to what I should buy?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 16:42:43

At 9/6/07 04:39 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Can I please join?
I'm into this.

If you are really interested in joining this fine club, you must explain what your favorite Final Fantasy game was and why you liked it. If you can give us that information, then you're in.

PM me

Umm. No? :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 17:28:54

At 9/6/07 05:00 PM, Xtesh wrote:
Also, you can't call a character. Remember that little laugh we all had over the "i call Kl0uD!!!" guy from a few pages back? Good times...

Lol, thats did make me laugh. That was pretty funny....By the way...

I call Cid!!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 17:41:24

Why would anyone want to choose Cloud anyway.
He's just a psychotic, manipulable, little failure really, isn't he?

And he had all these bitches crawling at his first, yet he turned them down.
And you could get guys to go on a date with you.

Closet homo anyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 17:57:00

At 9/6/07 05:41 PM, Nev wrote: Why would anyone want to choose Cloud anyway.
He's just a psychotic, manipulable, little failure really, isn't he?

I suppose, but he was cool when he was sure of himself. Plus he´s the hero :)

And he had all these bitches crawling at his first, yet he turned them down.
And you could get guys to go on a date with you.

You mean at his feet?
And yes, he was a bit gay for turning down the chicks. He could have had Tifa and Aeris. And probably if he wanted - Yuffie.

Closet homo anyone?

I´d say so.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 18:40:54

At 9/6/07 06:34 PM, Xtesh wrote: He kind of managed to steal the "leader" position from the large angry black man...

He'd only of got away with that in 1997.
If he tried it now he'd be in for a world of pain.

"Quit yo jibba jabba fool!"

And to think they let Tidus of all people act more of a man in that instance than Cloud... Now if it was Rockstar who made the game, then we'd be seeing some action.

Squall got some, and he wa a sulky bitch.
And you know Zidane was a total manwhore before he fell in love... and after that he would've got loads too.
Garnet was what, 14, 16? Thats a lot of mileage to be had from her.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 19:17:16

At 9/6/07 07:12 PM, Xtesh wrote: Perhaps it's because they plan on resurrecting her and letting the four(we must include Yuffie) have an orgy.

Or perhaps its because its not very respectful to have sex on the flowers that are somewhat of a shrine for Aeris... a girl who not only saved the world but was totally hot for Cloud.

I don't think she'd have liked it. And she'd have been all 'OMG ENJOY UR GEOSTIGMA BITCH!! FUCK YOU AERIS! YOU'RE MEANT TO BE BY FRIEND!'
*Bitch fight in which Tifa totally wins... A - because she's a fighter, and B - cause Aeris is already dead.*

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-06 19:18:49

At 9/6/07 07:17 PM, Nev wrote: 'OMG ENJOY UR GEOSTIGMA BITCH!! FUCK YOU AERIS! YOU'RE MEANT TO BE BY FRIEND!'

I do of course mean 'FUCK YOU TIFA!'

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 12:45:09

At 9/6/07 09:26 AM, Nev wrote: Its never been necessary.

Just Advent Children would've been fine, but Crisis Core, I'll still get that.

At 9/6/07 09:28 AM, Jay-Cee wrote: From my point of view it isnt. Potentially though each game they bring out could make Square-Enix millions so it is to them I guess.

And perhaps that money can be for making FFXIII faster (lol).

At 9/6/07 10:42 AM, Jackotrades wrote: I bet they just rolled a die and seven was chosen......WHY NOT A FF6 MOVIE!!!! UGH!!!!!!

Why not lots of attention for all the other FF games?

FF7 really gets too much attention.
At 9/6/07 05:40 PM, Xtesh wrote: I call all incarnations of Bahamut, if for nothing other than the fact that this will probably piss off Bahamut.

Oh shit!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 18:57:20

At 9/7/07 04:34 PM, Xtesh wrote:
I still think that now that they've gotten themselves into this whole "Genesis" thing, they need to write a pretty fucking epic ending. Personally, I can't get enough of any of the sequels to FFVII. X and Tactics could have a few thrown their way, though...

I´m one of the biggest Fan boys out there, but i do think they´re going a bit too far with FFVII. I think they should have stopped at Advent Children. It was a nice movie and i don´t think they had to bring in new characters and invent more history. The history of nearlly all characters was explained well enough in the game, and i don´t think they had to elaborate any of that.
The new characters have dissapointed me quite a bit. Genesis, Angeal and all the new people were not mentioned in the game, yet they seemed to have a big part of the history, did everyone just forget about all of them? They should have thought about all that before making new characters.

Rant over

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 19:40:07

A good FFVII remake would be playing as Sephiroth.
Starting off with the SOLDIER days and eventually the part where he goes fucking bonkers.

Killing lots of people because your a sadistic, God-wanna would be fun :).

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 19:45:09

At 9/7/07 07:40 PM, Nev wrote: A good FFVII remake would be playing as Sephiroth.
Starting off with the SOLDIER days and eventually the part where he goes fucking bonkers.

You know what, I never though about playing in Sephiroth's shoes. That would be really interesting, but this time, Sephiroth would win, kill Cloud and the gang, and something bad will happen. >:)

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 19:56:34

At 9/7/07 07:46 PM, Mendou wrote: I wouldn't see a point, since in the end we all knows what happens to him and that fact that he's a complete ignorant twat who never realized he did all that for nothing since jenova wasn't even his mother, he died and lived as a complete fool.

We know what happens to Zack in Crisis Core or whatever its called.
He gets owned by Shinra soldiers.

Why is that any different?
And its not all about the ending.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 19:56:50

At 9/7/07 07:40 PM, Nev wrote: A good FFVII remake would be playing as Sephiroth.

Killing lots of people because your a sadistic, God-wanna would be fun :).

That would be cool. Instead of all these remakes, they could have re-made the game but in Sephiroths eyes.
But they would have to add a few things in there so it´s a bit different, but the main story would have to be the same, and Seph would have to die the same.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 20:09:12

At 9/7/07 08:03 PM, Mendou wrote: Okay it actually could be pretty interesting, even better since you could get to use his sexy Masamune sword.

And the bit where he's in your party in the flashback is great.
Controlling the greatest warrior ever or whatever would be fun.

And a kind of lone-player thing would be a new change to the party style of Final Fantasy.

On another note, whats your guys opinion on the FF7 seven song: Flowers Blooming in the church? (for those who don't know or forgot it's the song that plays when you meet Aeris in the church for the first time)

Is it the one thats basically Aeris' Theme? Or is it different?
If its the former then its a really nice song. But I've heard it so much I'm getting tired of it a bit.

I really like Melodies of Life from FFIX, though the Japanese version more so. And whenever I play the melody on my guitar I always get this rush of emotion during the chorusy bit.
And that doesn't happen for anything else that I've attempted at guitar.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 20:21:31

At 9/7/07 08:09 PM, Nev wrote:
At 9/7/07 08:03 PM, Mendou wrote: Okay it actually could be pretty interesting, even better since you could get to use his sexy Masamune sword.
And the bit where he's in your party in the flashback is great.
Controlling the greatest warrior ever or whatever would be fun.

And a kind of lone-player thing would be a new change to the party style of Final Fantasy.

It would be cool. Though, it would be a bit easy. I mean, he was always strong, and could kill any monster in 1 hit...if they made him weak in that game, then it would be contradicting that flash back where he kills the dragon.

On another note, whats your guys opinion on the FF7 seven song: Flowers Blooming in the church? (for those who don't know or forgot it's the song that plays when you meet Aeris in the church for the first time)
Is it the one thats basically Aeris' Theme? Or is it different?
If its the former then its a really nice song. But I've heard it so much I'm getting tired of it a bit.

No, it´s not the main Aeris theme.
http://bluelaguna.net/downloads/mp3s/ff7 music/12+-+Flowers+Blooming+in+the+Churc h.mp3
^link to the song^ (link button wouldn´t work)
It´s a really nice song. So relaxing. And it brings back so many memories of when i´d play the game in my bedroom when i was like 14. Good days. And for some reason it really makes me want to be there in Midgar...

Yes, i´m wierd
I really like Melodies of Life from FFIX, though the Japanese version more so. And whenever I play the melody on my guitar I always get this rush of emotion during the chorusy bit.
And that doesn't happen for anything else that I've attempted at guitar.

I wanna hear you play that on Guitar. I really like that song too.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 20:24:23

At 9/7/07 08:21 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I wanna hear you play that on Guitar. I really like that song too.

I'll try and get something done next week.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 20:41:30

FF7 is overrated but has a few redeeming qualities.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-09-07 22:08:34

So........what is everyones favorite class of the ENTIRE FF series? including spinoffs........

ex: Chocobo (not really a class but it has its own moves..), Red mage, Monk, dark knight, etc.

Put down your top three if it helps...

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature