Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-09 01:42:25 Reply

At 8/8/07 07:22 PM, Xtesh wrote:
Also, bad news on FFXIII. Apparently, it's only 13% done, and versus is only 1.3% done. Scroll down a bit to see it.

Let's all cry together.

Wow, but i saw the trailer they released about a year ago, how can they have so little done?! Surely then this is gonna be one HUGE game! And if they have done so little progress they shouldn´t release a trailer untill it´s nearlly finished - now they have all of us waiting the bastards!

;__;

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-09 07:36:31 Reply

At 8/8/07 02:11 PM, Xtesh wrote: I didn't mid random battles, it's just that there's no way to design them in a game perfectly.
FFXII was a big step forward, since I enjoy fighting as I explore.

And I love going through places not be concerned about the random battles at all. All I have to think about is monsters I see and keep away from dangerous monsters that could kill me quickly. XD

At 8/8/07 04:23 PM, Nev wrote: Is there a location where the little shit is more likey to show up!?

I've had problems with trying to catch 10 Tonberries. I think what I did was when I found one, I just stay around in that area and see if more come. It's been a year since I last played FFX, so I won't remember what to do very well.

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-09 14:46:50 Reply

At 8/9/07 01:53 AM, Xtesh wrote:
2. We know the game is going to be enormous, and 13% done before even a year is left seems pretty good to me. They'll probably only push it back once.

They´ve been on it for about a year now more or less right? And they only have 13% done. So if they carry on at that rate maybe in about 9 years it´ll be done, so how does that look pretty good? Or was that sarcasm?

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-09 17:51:26 Reply

At 8/9/07 04:37 PM, Xtesh wrote:
All we need to do is hope that all their games that are about to be released turn out horrible, and they'll put everyone on FFXIII to make up for the loss of money.

I seriously doubt that aswell. Majority of SE games are the dogs bollocks! :D

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-09 18:16:02 Reply

Buh! Don´t we all wanna play it.....but untill about a year, maybe a year and a half....nada!

Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-09 20:52:05 Reply

At 8/9/07 06:16 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Buh! Don´t we all wanna play it.....but untill about a year, maybe a year and a half....nada!

I can't play old games for shit since I don't have the time and patience to do that. When I was a little kid, it was a jolly day to play Final Fantasy all day. Now, I'm busy with the future and other games. :(

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 02:32:26 Reply

At 8/7/07 10:38 PM, Xtesh wrote: I'll protect you.

<3

Hell yeah! If SE needs to steal anything from this game for XIII, it should be additions. It'd also get rid of how to get limit breaks as well, so there's two problems solved at once.

Get rid of Limit Breaks!? Blasphemy!

Yeah, but we got to strategize. And now that I know about the 64 item limit in Japan, I feel more awesome for being able to beat it. Some of the fights could take away all of your items, no matter what you tried(assuming you weren't 30 levels too high).

I barely used items other than to heal. With the exception of the repeats. They were awesome, but I wish they were in a separate inventory or something.

At 8/8/07 05:54 PM, Jackotrades wrote: GET VOTING!!

Cloud, because he's so damn fucked up from start to finish.
Or Squall, because he has a Gunblade.

At 8/8/07 07:22 PM, Xtesh wrote: Also, bad news on FFXIII. Apparently, it's only 13% done, and versus is only 1.3% done. Scroll down a bit to see it.

Feck.
I'm still waiting on TGS '07 for new footage from Tetsuya (Guaranteed to show something off. Assumedly FFversusXIII or the next Kingdom Hearts project).

Plus, there's still the SE Party-exclusive FFversusXIII trailer with actually fighting. Hope they eventually release it to the public.

At 8/9/07 04:18 AM, Xtesh wrote: Sorry for the double post, but this was just too funny to pass up on.

I remember those from a while back. His others are also gold.

At 8/9/07 07:09 PM, Xtesh wrote: Hmm, no word on a new Dragon Quest game...

DQIX is DS-exclusive. Bad enough news for you? ;_;
Speaking of, I've yet to finish DQVIII. But DAMN is it a great game. :D

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest
"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 07:36:46 Reply

At 8/9/07 02:46 PM, Life-Stream wrote: They´ve been on it for about a year now more or less right? And they only have 13% done. So if they carry on at that rate maybe in about 9 years it´ll be done, so how does that look pretty good? Or was that sarcasm?

If they're only 13% done, then how about they stop concentrating on all these damn remakes and focus on XIII a lot more? :P No need for anymore FF remakes right now, except for Tactics.

Nax5
Nax5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 11:22:17 Reply

i just bought ff12 for my ps2 and it kicks ass. but as fun as it is. there is no bragging alowed! If you think you are the best at it, there is always some1 better than you. It always follows a formula. Okay, a guy has high stats. He goes to a friends house to play some ff12. Yeah sounds fun, But!!!! you get there and find out he has much higher stats than you. He is also farther in the game. See, after playing the game after about a year. you keep telling yourself " im the best, no one can top me hell yeah!" Then you see your friend play. he is better at it and that crushes you. You quit for a while. But while you quit, some other people get better than you. So remember, if you brag, you get crushed, when you are crushed, you quit, and when you quit, you get worse. This happened to my homo brother.

Let's go get some pie.

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 14:40:30 Reply

Yeah, but there are loads of people that are level 100 with all licenses and have killed Yiazmat, so there are aload of people equal. I am of yet to reach that stage in FF12, but i will get there. I´m only level 65ish on all my people and they´ve all complete the whole top of the license grid and about half of the bottom, so pretty soon i´ll have them all complete it.
I havn´t played in quite a while though - FFTactics is taking over my saturdays :)

PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 14:50:52 Reply

At 8/10/07 02:59 AM, Xtesh wrote: No, not getting rid of them. I meant do it like in LoD. Where the more you do perfect additions, the more limit breaks you get(instead of Dragoon attacks).

I like the sound of that idea, but similar things were already used in FFX, with all it's OverDrive modes. The more you did everything, the closer you got to your OverDrive.

Nomura's an attention whore. He'll have something awesome for us at TGS.

Yup, he's confirmed it. Just a question of what game(s) he shows us.

I'm betting it'll be exactly like Kingdom Hearts, but the way it would've been done if they didn't have Disney. So I can't wait.

Supposedly it's the darkest Final Fantasy. I'm expecting a lot of murder and evil intentions. Can't wait. :P

At 8/10/07 10:58 AM, Xtesh wrote: Because at least remaking VII would get them enough money to get XIII done in ten seconds.

This is true. They could remake the game a complete disaster, and it'll sell 100,000,000 copies on reputation alone.

At 8/10/07 02:00 PM, Xtesh wrote: If you get your characters to level 100 and get all the license grids completed, then there really is no way at being better at FF12.
Unless you beat Yizamount. Then you really are better at the game than everyone else.

There's always being a better strategist via the Gambit system, and stronger due to weaponry and equipment.

BBS Signature
Jackotrades
Jackotrades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 15:50:44 Reply

Like the guy before me said, FF12 has so much weaponry and so many gambits that people can customize even when they have maxed out.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 16:54:31 Reply

I've been playing Blitzball for hours.
Got Status Reels, Auroch Reels and I've got 6 games left till I finally have the Jupiter Sigil.

Anyway.... the point of this post:
If any of you would like to kill me... please feel free.... but make it quick.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Jackotrades
Jackotrades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 17:11:47 Reply

At 8/10/07 04:54 PM, Nev wrote: I've been playing Blitzball for hours.
Got Status Reels, Auroch Reels and I've got 6 games left till I finally have the Jupiter Sigil.

Wait till you do the lightning bolts....heh heh heh you will beg.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 17:21:58 Reply

At 8/10/07 05:11 PM, Jackotrades wrote: Wait till you do the lightning bolts....heh heh heh you will beg.

Lightning bolts is an active thing. It doesn't require me staring at the screen whilst I keep my blitzer behind the goalkeeper and wait for the clock to expire. Then get pissed off when someone tackles me and the clock stops.

The annoyance of having to keep restarting will be a joy in comparrison :).

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 19:04:48 Reply

At 8/10/07 04:46 PM, Xtesh wrote:
GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCK. MY LEVEL 30 RAMZA, WITH HIS GOOD AMOUNT OF MASTERED AND NEARLY-MASTERED JOBS, HAS BEEN DELETED ALONG WITH MY TACTICS SAVED FILE OFF OF MY PS1 MEMORY CARD. NOW I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT SHIT THAT HAPPENS BEFORE CHAPTER 3 JUST TO GET BACK WHERE I ALREADY WAS!

Really!? Wow that sucks! And you was level 30 and everything.....i know that must have taken a while...so are you gonna start again or not?

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 19:09:24 Reply

Aww....looks like our FFT conversations are over then.

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 19:17:05 Reply

haha, ok. don´t take too long though.

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 19:55:30 Reply

At 8/10/07 07:26 PM, Xtesh wrote:
At 8/10/07 07:17 PM, Life-Stream wrote: haha, ok. don´t take too long though.
How long does it take to get through that tower towards the end of XII?

Because I'm only on the second floor.

Lol, that does take quite long.....quite a few hours. Maybe 2-3 hours if i can remember correctly. What level are you? There are some quite tough monsters in there - good place to level up though. There are also alot of good items/weapons you can get there if you have the patience.

Once you finish that tower you can go to the Bahamut to fight Vayne. Thats where i´m at, but i´ve been doing alot of hunts, leveling and getting more equiptment/weapons.

Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 20:31:44 Reply

Hey guys, thought I'd drop by and ask you something.

Exactly how badly do you think Final Fantasy XII : Revenant Wings will screw Square Enix over?

I think it's going to be worse than the PS2 version. :3

Jackotrades
Jackotrades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 21:18:22 Reply

At 8/10/07 08:28 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: Hey. Xtesh level'd up.

+10 Hp
+ 4 Mp
+ 2 Str
+ 1 Dex
+ 1 Def
+ 1 Spr
+ 2 Mag
+ 1 item slot

Learned new skill! Osmose!

I have an idea, let everyone post their "FF" stats based on their level.

Level 7 Theif

67 HP
0 MP
9 STR
12 DEX
10 DEF
5 SPR
6 MAG
7 Item Slots

Skills:
Steal
Evasion

(This could spark something)

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 21:21:58 Reply

At 8/10/07 09:18 PM, Jackotrades wrote: I have an idea, let everyone post their "FF" stats based on their level.

Level 1,000,000,000 God

99,999 HP
9,999 MP
255 STR
255 DEX
255 DEF
255 SPR
255 MAG
Infinite Item Slots

Skills:
Everything.

BBS Signature
Jackotrades
Jackotrades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-10 21:40:26 Reply

at least go by your level you douche.......

BBS Signature
Cenetaurman
Cenetaurman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-11 01:40:52 Reply

Ohh, new FFT converse!!!

What are your top five job classes?
These are mine:

5: Bard
4: Ninja
3: Squire
2: Theif
1: Monk.

Reason for Bard: Behind a squad of Juggarnauts, Bards can give them unmatched support. Increase HP, MP, give them good status effects, whatever!

Reason for Ninja: Agile + Throwing swords = badass.

Reason for Squire: Although they are basic, Squires are actually the most versitile job class. They have good magic and physical power, good speed, excellent equipment settings, and most of all, JP up and accumulate. Simply excellent.

Reason for Theif: Doi, they can steal stuff XD.

Reason for Monk: They can hit physically, magically, they can revive, heal, cause status effects, and counter them. Not only this, but it doesn't cost ANYTHING!

A proud member of the SSBC.
My Gamespot home forum.
People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature
PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-11 02:18:37 Reply

At 8/10/07 04:46 PM, Xtesh wrote: I still think it'd be a good idea to have something along the lines of additions. I never liked how in FF XII, you couldn't directly control the number of hits you landed.

Additions would be awesome. Period. Dot.

I'd buy it. Hell, I need a new copy of the game anyway, since I want to start a new game.

I still have my old copy in perfect condition (save for the case itself). <3 it.

Even if you have mastered Gambits, there will always be nothing better than just commanding all of your characters and slowing down the rate of battle, since I haven't had to change my strategy much, but I'll always see a character doing something odd, like stealing instead of attacking, or attacking the wrong guy.

True enough. But equipment is still a factor.

Blitzball = Pure awesomeness incarnate. Good for you.

I'll drown you to be ironic. :P

At 8/10/07 07:55 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Lol, that does take quite long.....quite a few hours. Maybe 2-3 hours if i can remember correctly. What level are you? There are some quite tough monsters in there - good place to level up though. There are also alot of good items/weapons you can get there if you have the patience.

---SPOILER
Takes for-God Damned-ever. Aweosme place though, riddled with the words of the Occuria, and the confrontation with th awesomeness that is Cid & Venat.
---SPOILER

Once you finish that tower you can go to the Bahamut to fight Vayne. Thats where i´m at, but i´ve been doing alot of hunts, leveling and getting more equiptment/weapons.

I hated the Bahamut. Seemed like a crappy end area.

Okay, that was brilliance, and nothing short of it.
I'm stealing that idea to announce my next level-up in the LUL.

At 8/10/07 08:31 PM, DragonsGrief wrote: Hey guys, thought I'd drop by and ask you something.
Exactly how badly do you think Final Fantasy XII : Revenant Wings will screw Square Enix over?

Doesn't look that good or bad to me, really. I'm pretty neutral.
And FFXII did excellent, regardless of what you yourself thought of it.

At 8/10/07 09:18 PM, Jackotrades wrote: I have an idea, let everyone post their "FF" stats based on their level.

Ahh, what the Hell. Why not.

Level 30
HP: 1,987
MP: 320
Str: 49
Def: 56
Mag: 39
MDef: 43
Agl: 76
Acc: 68
Eva: 71
Luk: 9

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-11 04:58:18 Reply

Lol, that was pretty funny - too bad i didn´t get that when i leveld up last week ;_;

At 8/10/07 08:31 PM, DragonsGrief wrote: Hey guys, thought I'd drop by and ask you something.

I think - no matter how bad square screw up a game they´ll always come back with a amazing game soon after, so i wouldn´t say they´ll be ´screwed over´.
As for revanant wings i havn´t seen much of it, but i don´t think it´ll be that bad. FF12 was a very good game - i don´t know why you feel otherwise, but it´s a good game.

At 8/11/07 12:51 AM, Xtesh wrote:
Yep, the final fight with Vayne.
He could've been an interesting character if they didn't make his scenes exclusive to after beating a dungeon(all 6 of them), and if they didn't make those scenes 2 minutes long.

They haven't even given a reason how he becomes powerful or anything yet.

True, you´re right about that....he wasn´t in the game much, come to think of it, did vayne actually meet the party? The battle (if you can call it a battle) between Vayne and the group doesn´t have that personal touch that most of the others had.....it was missing something.

At 8/11/07 01:40 AM, Cenetaurman wrote: Ohh, new FFT converse!!!
What are your top five job classes?
These are mine:

5: Squire - have some good abilities like you said
4:Black Mage - very powerful attacks
3:Mime - can copy anything
2:Lancer - 10 times better than a knight
1: Monk - like you said

At 8/11/07 02:18 AM, PureLionHeart wrote:
True enough. But equipment is still a factor.

Yeah, but i think, if people have spent the time to get to level 100 and kill yiazmat and what not i presume they probably all have most oft he best equiptment. I think the main factor would be intelligence and strategy - when to cure and when to use each abulity etc.

---SPOILER
Takes for-God Damned-ever. Aweosme place though, riddled with the words of the Occuria, and the confrontation with th awesomeness that is Cid & Venat.
---SPOILER

Cid had some crazy ass machine gun! I kinda liked that tower too....i still train there even after finishing it. It´s even harder in the below 0 levels.....there are alot of monsters that attack at once down there...

Man that post took forever!
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-11 05:27:20 Reply

Ok, so i just thought while i had my camera out, i´d take a few shots of this little Zidane and dagger scene figure i have next to my computer. Meh, the quality of the photos isn´t great - i really do have to buy a new camera. You get the idea though.

Final Fantasy Club

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-11 08:11:08 Reply

At 8/10/07 10:58 AM, Xtesh wrote: Because at least remaking VII would get them enough money to get XIII done in ten seconds.

Ah yes, they'd get tons of money for remaking VII. Yeah, just the remakes of Tactics and VII would do for now.

At 8/10/07 02:00 PM, Xtesh wrote: If you get your characters to level 100 and get all the license grids completed, then there really is no way at being better at FF12.

Why do I get the feeling that I'll reach to level 100 in no time? My main characters are at about level 45 right now and I'm supposed to go to some place called Giruvegan or whatfuckingever it's called. But meh, I do as much hunts as possible first and then continue with the main story.

Good, now you can stop playing that minigame until you make a new save. XP

At 8/11/07 02:18 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: I hated the Bahamut. Seemed like a crappy end area.

YOU HATE ME?! >:(

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-11 08:23:20 Reply

At 8/11/07 08:11 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that I'll reach to level 100 in no time? My main characters are at about level 45 right now and I'm supposed to go to some place called Giruvegan or whatfuckingever it's called. But meh, I do as much hunts as possible first and then continue with the main story.

It seems quite easy to level up in 12. They seem to level faster...you´re doing good.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-11 12:49:44 Reply

At 8/11/07 05:27 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Ok, so i just thought while i had my camera out, i´d take a few shots of this little Zidane and dagger scene figure i have next to my computer.

Zidane looks like hes asking for a bumming.

The camp as fuck face and the bending over..... gaaaayy.

BBS Signature