New Topic Respond to this Topic
NaughtyOttsel
NaughtyOttsel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-03-18 16:54:21 Reply

FF XII for some reason is my favourite and i haven't fnished yet although i would of prefered a more in depth gambit system as an option there have been many times i wanted to do a certain gambit but couldn't because the sytem is a siple one oh well off to kill the creature in the woods after yousave mjrn

isthatlegal
isthatlegal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-03-22 12:08:57 Reply

anyone know what the little blue icons next to characters mean when you press triangle in FF12??

Fafey
Fafey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-03-23 01:31:35 Reply

At 3/22/07 12:08 PM, isthatlegal wrote: anyone know what the little blue icons next to characters mean when you press triangle in FF12??

You dont mean the Icon that tells you you have protect casted on the character do you

Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-02 06:22:15 Reply

I havent been back here for a good while. I been going back playing Final Fantasy, and bought this new DS Final Fantasy 3 and so far it looks quite good. A bit simlar to the 1st FF and FFT. I will let anyone know if I run into any major problems. So far, I made it to the dwarves cave.

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-02 06:42:11 Reply

I haven't posted here in along time, anyway I got FF12 and its awesome but I stopped playing it for about 3 weeks. In fact I played it yesterday, I was doing hurts.

McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-02 08:01:59 Reply

At 4/2/07 06:22 AM, Tanooki-John wrote: A bit simlar to the 1st FF and FFT. I will let anyone know if I run into any major problems.

How exactly is it similar to Tactics?

BBS Signature
Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-03 06:11:10 Reply

At 4/2/07 08:01 AM, McPaper wrote:
At 4/2/07 06:22 AM, Tanooki-John wrote: A bit simlar to the 1st FF and FFT. I will let anyone know if I run into any major problems.
How exactly is it similar to Tactics?

Well, you could change job types perhaps? Well, I reached the flying tree now, and im sorta stuck in it. The monsters arent really that many but they are quite toughand I only found a hole to the tree maze and I can't seem to find my way through and ending up bumping into dead ends.

BBS Signature
Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-04 06:51:06 Reply

Never mind that last post I made. I managed to get through it. The boss was quite tough though. That barrier shift was a pain but I managed to beat him.

BBS Signature
McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-14 13:57:45 Reply

To those who are humble Final Fantasy 7, I was wandering in what part of the game do you hear this music play?

http://bluelaguna.net/downloads/mp3s/ff7music /74+-+On+the+Other+Side+of+the+Mountain.mp3

Its been bugging me for awhile since I am too lazy to check and Im sure that music is all the way in disk 2 and beyond. I think its the area just before the climb of the Great Northern Crater yes?

BBS Signature
Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-14 15:33:25 Reply

At 4/14/07 01:57 PM, McPaper wrote: To those who are humble Final Fantasy 7, I was wandering in what part of the game do you hear this music play?

http://bluelaguna.net/downloads/mp3s/ff7music /74+-+On+the+Other+Side+of+the+Mountain.mp3

Its been bugging me for awhile since I am too lazy to check and Im sure that music is all the way in disk 2 and beyond. I think its the area just before the climb of the Great Northern Crater yes?

Oh, I see. I found that site some time ago when I was working on my fan-fic. It's not Final Fantasy related but it does have Final Fantasy crossover in one of the chapters. It's wierd how the site works.

BBS Signature
ReconRebel
ReconRebel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-14 22:55:44 Reply

At 4/2/07 06:42 AM, Odyssic wrote: I haven't posted here in along time, anyway I got FF12 and its awesome but I stopped playing it for about 3 weeks.

Longer for me Odyssic. Happened right around the time I bought a computer (lol). Getting set for an online gathering of AoE III but I'll have to set some time aside for FFXII. My obsession for completing unfinished games is beginning to stir. All my characters are somewhere in the mid 50's and equipped with Deathbringers (they're stolen from a mimic in one of the mines). Don't have a clue where I saved my game. Wish there were more areas to ride the Chocobos. The turbo boost was great addition.

Final Fantasy Club

Levels --- Badges
Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature
Fafey
Fafey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-15 02:53:08 Reply

At 4/11/07 05:03 PM, Xtesh wrote: Any of you guys ever say "Fuck strategy, I'm gonna beat his ass", and get killed ten seconds into a boss fight in FF12? Because that just happened to me.
Fuckin' Feywood.

Oh yea that happened to me um oh how embarrasing I forgot the espers name... Anyway the one you vs in the waterway, where all your guys are on sap.

I flukishly defeated White Mousse mark and managed to stumble across this esper. I was on like lv 40 or less. I thought I was sooooo good at quickinings cause I had all of them (my brother spent like 5hrs vs low level enemies for LP's) Anyway after all my effort I don't think that health bar moved....crap...Game over LOL

Yea it happens to the best of us. Same thing happened with me VS emerald weapon as soon as I got that sub. "Come on how much health does it have.....oh 1mil bugger)

Sometimes it is best every new area when you approach a save just go ahead and cast all your random crap like haste and regen and protect bravery and so on. Then just touch the save to get the MP back. Ahh they made those games too easy 10 10-2 12 touching save pts for full hp and mp...Give me the good old days of planting a tent randomly and having a nap. Lol

Limited
Limited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-15 06:32:49 Reply

-appears-

Ahem. Has anyone played the new FF7? Dirges of cerberus.

I bought it like "OOh yay", cause i love FF7 and thought it was continuation of the rpg, as you do.
But nooooo...
It's a shooter. Like a fast paced shooter with gun customisation and a decent plotline.
It's surprisingly good. And you play as Vincent Valentine.

I adivse you all to google it.

x

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-15 09:18:08 Reply

At 4/15/07 06:32 AM, LimitedMortality wrote: -appears-

Ahem. Has anyone played the new FF7? Dirges of cerberus.

I bought it like "OOh yay", cause i love FF7 and thought it was continuation of the rpg, as you do.
But nooooo...
It's a shooter. Like a fast paced shooter with gun customisation and a decent plotline.
It's surprisingly good. And you play as Vincent Valentine.

I adivse you all to google it.

ive played it its a allright game the high def movie parts with Cloud are great though!

McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-15 10:13:38 Reply

At 4/14/07 03:33 PM, Tanooki-John wrote: Oh, I see. I found that site some time ago when I was working on my fan-fic. It's not Final Fantasy related but it does have Final Fantasy crossover in one of the chapters. It's wierd how the site works.

Oh never mind I found that the music plays in one of the flash backs

BBS Signature
EphriomDragonKnight
EphriomDragonKnight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-15 10:49:17 Reply

I heard FF13 is coming out for the PS3...
I have a PS3 too!!
^.^

AkB00m
AkB00m
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-17 16:55:32 Reply

5 hours, 5 HOURS wasted trying to beat the ultimate mark, yizamount in FFXII.I thought that emerald and ruby weapons from FF7 were bad enough with 1 million, but then finding out that the bastered had 50 MILLION!!and the prize, 30,000 gill and a badge. I think you can all forgive me for not being exacly happy with my reward. I wan my 5 hours back. (sobs)

Tanooki-John
Tanooki-John
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-18 07:03:33 Reply

But lately now I been stuck for awhile after beating the guy in gold and freeing my airship, I managed to pinpoint a few locations but I dont know where to go to next? "If you need to know im still playing Final Fantasy for DS (I cant name it properly)"

BBS Signature
AkB00m
AkB00m
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-04-21 09:40:25 Reply

At 4/20/07 10:31 PM, Xtesh wrote: I have some questions
1. What level are your characters?
2. License board filled?
3. Which works better, Espers or Quickenings?
4. Any specific spells I should cast/armor to wear/weapons to equip?
Please, I need help before I even get near him.

Your wish is my command.
1. they were all level 99 (I recomend the three areas where you could find Ixion to level up)
2.not all, about 6/8 filled with every character (gold armulets are a real blessing)
3.personally, don't bother. you'll need every bit of MP to heal/revie characters. they will die. A lot.
4.he's weak to dark, so use your best dark spells/weapons on him. I recomend: ninja swords
(the best one if you can get it, but any will do as they all have the dark element), foumalhunt with dark shot and the zodiak spear (VERY high attack power, about +150 attack). As far as armour goes, use the best that you can get. His standerd attack does about 3000HP, but you can't afford to let your HP get below 4000-2000HP. Mainly because when he gets HP critical, he'll use growing threat, doubling his attack power. In this state his special move, Cyclone, hits for about 8000HP+. not fun. bubble belts for EVERYONE is a major big help, as you'll need max HP. If you need to, float helps because the area is rigged with quite a lot of mines, so be carefull where you put your characters. I could give out startergies, but a lot of factors play a part and change things completly, like the growing threat, his instant death move (can't remember the name of it), weapon dmg ect. In short - use dark weapons/magic on it a lot, keep health above 4000-2000HP, be ready for anything using appropriate gambits (have a revivng gambit at the top for everyone, then hp<40%=renew, then whatever you feel appropriate)and come into the fry with lots of essential items like turbo ethers, phionix downs (with all three augments is a extra help), x-potions, elixers and, if you have them, dark motes (for the off-chance that something wrong happens).

Hope that helps. Remember this is an enjurance fight, and could take awhile (I read that if your either really lucky or really good, it could take 2 hours. Otherwise, like me, it could take 5 hours+).

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-20 19:26:14 Reply

Oh my, I've been the longest without posting here.

I've came across and purchased within my time...

I
II
III + Guide
IV
V
VI
XII + SE Guide
Dirge of Cerberus

I've only played III and I'm only on the second crystal land. I don't have much time these days to play any games aside from pulling close to and at times over 100 hours a week at my job. But I have them all now none the less.

Well aside from XI but I won't even bother with it. Ever.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Fafey
Fafey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-21 04:51:33 Reply

At 5/20/07 07:26 PM, Kisuke wrote: Well aside from XI but I won't even bother with it. Ever.

Im a strong FF Fan and Have played all but XI and purchaced all of them except for <6 And I plan to someday try out FFXI but Im sure as you have quoted Its not worth bothering.

Fafey
Fafey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-27 02:36:00 Reply

Its been too long since people posted here...Maybe casue the last couple of posts didn't spark enough questions....Hmm ok how bouts a show of hands and a little more of who perfers the magic type characters over the brute strength type..For both strategy and just in general. Because from my point of view the way that the series got further into it..the more that magic characters were only useful for the begining because by the time your about 60% through the game everyone can learn everything else that everyone can learn. There is lacking individuality these days, gone were the days of having to use characters that you never want to use, and realising that a certain character that has no physical strength can have a magic attack to rule them all...But you gotta level them up first. lol. Well whats some opinions of this??

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-27 02:57:06 Reply

At 5/27/07 02:36 AM, Fafey wrote: Its been too long since people posted here...Maybe casue the last couple of posts didn't spark enough questions....Hmm ok how bouts a show of hands and a little more of who perfers the magic type characters over the brute strength type..For both strategy and just in general. Because from my point of view the way that the series got further into it..the more that magic characters were only useful for the begining because by the time your about 60% through the game everyone can learn everything else that everyone can learn. There is lacking individuality these days, gone were the days of having to use characters that you never want to use, and realising that a certain character that has no physical strength can have a magic attack to rule them all...But you gotta level them up first. lol. Well whats some opinions of this??

See this is why I really liked FF8. Junction 100 Ultima spells to Squall's strength, and you've got one hell of a brute force character. Then if you need magic support, just keep on summoning.

BBS Signature
Fafey
Fafey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-28 01:48:22 Reply

Yea, it makes me contemplate how useless yuna would have been in FFX if you could allocate who could summon, or other people could summon..Myself and my brother only used her for Summoning to take the hit or for yojimbo 1 hit kill. Ha did anyone their first time through final fantasy seven keep Yuffie or Cait Sith in their team for a long period of time of the storyline. Only once have I broken my brute heavy character technique and that was in FFIX I kept vivi on the team and tried to keep Eiko in the team when I could. It was one of the first times in a game where someone with a big sword and brute strength was not used by myself (Beatrix) Maybe the fact it was a chick in that roll... I don't know maybe. FFXII gives everyone the even opertunity to be everything so its a little weird, I like RPG games where you can't equip things unless you have a high enough stat, EG: Ultima Sword (req >100st >40stam) Things like that. Then leveling up is worth doing and you set yourself goals to aquire better items.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-28 11:17:03 Reply

On FFVII and VIII I hardly ever use Magic or Summoning and rely on the characters attack to win battles and it worked well for me... magic just always seemed like the worst choice, even which a high magic stat, it seemed to do no good.

Only on FFIX and X where you can only use certain people for certain things have I explored the whole magic thing, letting Zidane and Amarant/Steiner do all the brute attacking stuff, and letting Garnet and Vivi use their white/black magic respectively to aid the battle.

I still need to play the older ones :(.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-28 11:20:10 Reply

At 5/28/07 11:17 AM, Nev wrote: On FFVII and VIII I hardly ever use Magic or Summoning and rely on the characters attack to win battles and it worked well for me... magic just always seemed like the worst choice, even which a high magic stat, it seemed to do no good.

The only magic that was really useful in those 2 games was Cure. Potions worked as well but I just hated searching for them when they were at the bottom of the list. >:/

Only on FFIX and X where you can only use certain people for certain things have I explored the whole magic thing, letting Zidane and Amarant/Steiner do all the brute attacking stuff, and letting Garnet and Vivi use their white/black magic respectively to aid the battle.

Maybe that's why I loved Final Fantasy 9 so much. :D

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-28 11:23:41 Reply

At 5/28/07 11:20 AM, Seamonky wrote:

And I still need to get FFXII. :P That and III are the only FF games I havn't played yet (excluding the spinoffs and XI). However, I think I'll let III and XII wait until my birthday, which is only about 6 weeks away.

Also, happy 777 pages!

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-28 11:47:36 Reply

At 5/28/07 11:20 AM, Seamonky wrote: The only magic that was really useful in those 2 games was Cure. Potions worked as well but I just hated searching for them when they were at the bottom of the list. >:/

Ya..... but you could just put Potions near the top :P.

Maybe that's why I loved Final Fantasy 9 so much. :D

Ditto..... its very underrated.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
HTID
HTID
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-29 03:16:13 Reply

hey can i join? i'm not the greatest fan of the games, (but i have to admit they are addictive) but i'm more of a fan of FF:AC...

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-05-29 03:57:55 Reply

At 5/29/07 03:16 AM, HTID wrote: hey can i join? i'm not the greatest fan of the games, (but i have to admit they are addictive) but i'm more of a fan of FF:AC...

Good enough for me, and I'm the senior member here. Welcome to the Final Fantasy Club.

BBS Signature