00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

945,741 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 13:39:48

At 8/30/05 04:11 PM, Sesshy wrote: I'd like to know who that one kid "denzel" is... he has the same eyes as the sephiroth look alike Kadaj...but then it also looks like he has a big part with Tifa........GAH! SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTION! good thing it's coming out in 14 days! or atleast that's what the site says.

Denzel is a new character. He was not introduced in the original game. Denzel was created especially for Advent Children. As for the eyes, part of the reason may be that he is one of the unfortunate children that have been infected with Geostigma.

It's supposed to be coming out in 14 days, but that is actually for Japan...according to an interview one of my friends read, Enix is planning on releasing FF:AC on a holiday. I'm not too sure about that, though.

Commercials on AC have been broadcast in Japan already. A friend of mine saw them.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 13:42:32

At 8/30/05 04:56 PM, Sesshy wrote:
At 8/30/05 04:33 PM, TwilightLegend wrote: in some of the trailers when Cloud sticks his sword in the ground he has a sword on his back aswell but in some there is no sword on his back
Ever notice how his bike opens up and there are like 6 swords poping out? exactly. his old one is a monument to aerith and who would want that heavy of a sword on their back the whole time!? are you nuts!

Actually, his old sword isn't a monument to Aerith, it's his old friend Zack's sword. Zack died trying to protect him, and he kept the sword after his memories became mixed with Zack's.

It's also not hard for him to hold the sword, as he held it on his back the entire game, and he is an enhanced Soldier after all.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 13:52:54

At 8/31/05 01:42 PM, Sephirona wrote: It's also not hard for him to hold the sword, as he held it on his back the entire game, and he is an enhanced Soldier after all.

Actually I've been wodnering about that. Does he have any Mako in him? I think he does, but I think it was from the experiments in Shinra Mansion. He was never actually in Solider himself. When Sephiroth said that Cloud was different to him it was Zack's memory not his own.

So well thats just what I think lol

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 13:58:33

At 8/30/05 04:19 PM, TwilightLegend wrote: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/ second question:is the white stuff coming from the ground that lifestream or whatever it scalled?

"Sono mono ga shinde shimau"

I read this in the story summary...

"That thing died..."?

According to context clues, they're talking about something to do with Shinra...and Shinra's energy, "makoo". (Mako)

I'm reading onto the next page now...

Now they talk about abaranchi (Avalanche) and how it's members included kuraudo (Cloud), a member of sorujyaa (SOLDIER)...

Yeah, it's a summary of what happened initially...

Then it goes on to say what most of us know...the story starts two years after the ending of FFVII, blah...hm...

I've gotta learn more kanji. Wow. xD

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 14:03:45

At 8/31/05 01:52 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
At 8/31/05 01:42 PM, Sephirona wrote:
Actually I've been wodnering about that. Does he have any Mako in him? I think he does, but I think it was from the experiments in Shinra Mansion. He was never actually in Solider himself. When Sephiroth said that Cloud was different to him it was Zack's memory not his own.

So well thats just what I think lol

You're right. As I said, he was a failed clone. However, experiments involving Mako and Jenova cells were done on him, much as they are done to every shinra SOLDIER.

The same experiments were done on Zack, of course, but Zack showed no reaction. Cloud, however, was left a mindless wreck for quite a while.

He may not have become a completely effective SOLDIER, but he was definitely affected by the Mako. In the entire story, people would look at his eyes and know immediately that he was a member of SOLDIER. The Mako glow was in his eyes.
Also, because of his mental instability, his memories managed to fuse with those that Zack told him of, resulting in a personality very similar to that of Zack's. And since Zack was a high ranked SOLDIER, throughout most of the game, Cloud thought he was one too, remember?

Even if he was never a true member of SOLDIER, the experiments certainly affected him. He was a failure in terms of the cloning, but the Mako infusion was successful.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 14:10:04

At 8/30/05 06:11 PM, MasterStalker wrote:
At 8/30/05 04:33 PM, Sesshy wrote:
At 8/30/05 04:28 PM, TwilightLegend wrote:
which is the same consipt of gaia on spirits within, which I can only guess how people in here feel about. I didnt find the movie bad... but it wasnt good either. It was like watching Dr. Phil becase nothing else is on.

I was furious about Spirits Within. The graphics were good, no doubt about that. However, Square Enix is quickly losing ideas and inspiration. Spirits Within took it's storyline from Final Fantasy VII, as well as some of the older games, and even from Chrono Trigger. A creature coming down from a Meteor; A Planet getting infected by the creature from the Meteor; the creatures were trying to re-live their pasts...

They're losing inspiration, and beginning to get cliched. I'm pretty disappointed in them.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 14:15:41

At 8/31/05 02:10 PM, Sephirona wrote:

A creature coming down from a Meteor; A Planet getting infected by the creature from the Meteor; the creatures were trying to re-live their pasts...

Sounds like jenova? Wait or do you mean thats a chrono trigger bit?

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 14:47:26

At 8/31/05 02:15 PM, McPaper wrote:
A creature coming down from a Meteor; A Planet getting infected by the creature from the Meteor; the creatures were trying to re-live their pasts...

Sounds like jenova? Wait or do you mean thats a chrono trigger bit?

The following response contains HUGE spoilers.

All of it. The legend of Final Fantasy VII begins that many eons ago, a Meteor was summoned to rid the Planet of a war between the Dragons and the Humans. However, the Meteor did more damage than they had thought it would...it brought along the disease organism known as Jenova.

( I'm going on a tangent: Supposedly, Jenova wormed it's way into the Cetra's trust, and tore them down from the inside. Jenova is a creature of deceit; using it'a illusionary powers, it can change it's form to fool unsuspecting people. For one thing, I'm not even sure that Jenova's a female. She's supposed to be, bu there is actually a part in the Playstation version where, in the report from Aeris's mother, Jenova is described as a 'he.' Jenova is considered the Crisis of the Planet, remember? This "organism from the sky' was described as a he. Later on in the game, Jenova is further described as an 'it'. Jenova may be using her illusionary powers to fool everyone, even us. )

In an older Final Fantasy, I believe it was 4, here in America...Meteors supposedly began to rain down on the world, bringing a period of desolation and chaos.

In Chrono Trigger, Lavos came down from the sky, as a Meteor that struck in the prehistoric times. Lavos was indeed, much like an asteroid. Later on in the story, it explains that when a creature dies in Chrono Trigger, all of it's life memories flash before it's eyes. When you fight Lavos, the characters realize that Lavos was manipulating the Planet, trying to relive it's past. When you defeat Lavos, you see flashes of different places that it has watched over.

In Spirits Within, monsters known as Phantoms arrive from a Meteor that strikes the planet. Later on in the story, the main female character sees into the minds of these creatures and realizes that they were slaughtered on their own planet and were now infesting this planet as hostile spirits. Sound familiar?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 15:51:49

At 8/31/05 02:47 PM, Sephirona wrote: ( I'm going on a tangent: Supposedly, Jenova wormed it's way into the Cetra's trust, and tore them down from the inside. Jenova is a creature of deceit; using it'a illusionary powers, it can change it's form to fool unsuspecting people.

A I see, a small theorie I have that jenova formed shinra with her tricks so it would weaken the planet of its mako. weakening the planet for the second meteor.

In an older Final Fantasy, I believe it was 4, here in America...Meteors supposedly began to rain down on the world, bringing a period of desolation and chaos.

True

:Lavos part

True

Phantoms

Also true, well I think Square must have some sorta super moral to this? Not to disrupt the cycle of gaia? Dont do drugs?

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 16:30:18

At 8/31/05 12:46 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 8/30/05 08:37 PM, RavenGage wrote: Ever heard of the trap trick?
Sure haven't. Are you sure it works though? I don't want to get fucked by some rumor you heard about. :/ And proof as well please?

No, I've heard the same thing. I would try for you to test it, but ALL my playstation and dreamcast games were stolen.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-31 16:36:55

which is the same consipt of gaia on spirits within, which I can only guess how people in here feel about. I didnt find the movie bad... but it wasnt good either. It was like watching Dr. Phil becase nothing else is on.
I was furious about Spirits Within. The graphics were good, no doubt about that. However, Square Enix is quickly losing ideas and inspiration. Spirits Within took it's storyline from Final Fantasy VII, as well as some of the older games, and even from Chrono Trigger. A creature coming down from a Meteor; A Planet getting infected by the creature from the Meteor; the creatures were trying to re-live their pasts...

Hmmm... I never played Chrono Trigger so I wouldnt know about that side of it, and yes I whole heartedly agree that it was well animated, but I was pointing out that it was just... bland. It wasnt boring but it wasnt exiting either. When I saw the title I was expecting melee weapons to be a big part.

They're losing inspiration, and beginning to get cliched. I'm pretty disappointed in them.

yeah, I know how you feel. signing with Enix was like making a deal with a devil that has no busiess sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-01 11:25:53

At 8/31/05 05:33 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: I now own the original FFI, thats right, the 8-bit. You can now get even angrier. :)

I'm alright with the GBA one I have. The one for the PS1 and the NES you can't really bring around. I'm alright with the GBA. Damn, I should try and work on FFI more. :S

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-01 12:08:59

Does the GBA one come in a package of 2? Dawn of Memories or Souls I think it was called? How do these two remakes compare to psx and snes?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-01 14:10:05

At 8/31/05 03:51 PM, McPaper wrote:
At 8/31/05 02:47 PM, Sephirona wrote: ( I'm going on a tangent: Supposedly, Jenova wormed it's way into the Cetra's trust, and tore them down from the inside. Jenova is a creature of deceit; using it'a illusionary powers, it can change it's form to fool unsuspecting people.
A I see, a small theorie I have that jenova formed shinra with her tricks so it would weaken the planet of its mako. weakening the planet for the second meteor.

Yes, that is also one of my theories. Jenova may have manipulated Shinra itself to, as you said, weaken the planet ans make it more susceptible to her power.

::

Phantoms
Also true, well I think Square must have some sorta super moral to this? Not to disrupt the cycle of gaia? Dont do drugs?

Well, I think it's horrible. Everyone can see that they are ruining the Final Fantasy series. Why was it so successful in the first place? Because it was original and new. Now that it is becoming cliched, I think dark days lie ahead for the rest of the series.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-01 14:12:43

At 8/31/05 04:30 PM, MasterStalker wrote:
At 8/31/05 12:46 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 8/30/05 08:37 PM, RavenGage wrote: Ever heard of the trap trick?
Sure haven't. Are you sure it works though? I don't want to get fucked by some rumor you heard about. :/ And proof as well please?
No, I've heard the same thing. I would try for you to test it, but ALL my playstation and dreamcast games were stolen.

Wow, that's horrible. =( Once I accidently left my Gameboy pack in this prep school, and when found it all the games were gone. At least they were too stupid to take my Game Link cable in the back. =K

Well, Playstation games are pretty cheap now, so you could probably get the games you need for cheap. O_o

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-01 14:17:15

At 8/31/05 04:36 PM, MasterStalker wrote:
Hmmm... I never played Chrono Trigger so I wouldnt know about that side of it, and yes I whole heartedly agree that it was well animated, but I was pointing out that it was just... bland. It wasnt boring but it wasnt exiting either. When I saw the title I was expecting melee weapons to be a big part.

Chrono Trigger is an awesome game. It's old, yes, but it has one of the most revolutionary storylines in the RP world, and also one of the most amazing kinds of gameplay. The battle system rocks too.
I agree, Spirits Within didn't have much of anything new at all, I swear they made it just for the graphics and the money. Enix has only been caring about money. All the old reprints of games had colored manuals, but they became so cheap that now, those manuals are in black and white. Only their new games have colored manuals for a time.

yeah, I know how you feel. signing with Enix was like making a deal with a devil that has no busiess sense.

I agree, wholeheartedly. Ever since Enix joined with Square, the game Final Fantasy has pretty much been going downhill. You know, Enix used to be rivals with Square's Final Fantasy. I always tend to think that Enix is sabotaging Final Fantasy on purpose for the trouble it used to cause them. I'm furious as it is.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-01 17:25:01

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

um i noticed that sephirona said some things about the sword i mentioned but I was really comenting on the fact that Cloud is missing a sword in some trailers during that scene which means they have trailers from multiply stages of the movies development

and about Cloud being a SOLDIER or not being a SOLDIER well on the english site it says that he indeed was a SOLDIER and the kid Denzel does have geostigma and is in the care of Tifa along with Barret's daughter Marlene

and on a side note. what are the turks and do they work with/for Shinra

oh and Avalanche hired Cloud since he is a mercenary so technicaly Cloud wasn't a member of Avalanche since from what I know of mercenaries they don't consider themselves a part of the group that hired them but I never played FF7 so my info isn't 100% acurate

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-01 17:28:06

and since I forgot to put this in my first post

Square seems big on meteors from what I see in here and I have FF crystal chronicles which suprisingly has a meteor that caused the miasma to cover the world and it just so happens that the miasma comes from a meteor parasite which is one of the bosses in the final level

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-01 23:38:23

Sephirona and TwilightLegend, I know you 2 are reletevly new to these forums so I'll spare you the yelling and swearing and ask nicely. Double posting, triple posting, and help me god quadriple posting is against the bbs rules. You can find the rules at the top of every page in the forums, they're hard to miss. Also it gets a little annoying when people post many times in a row. Do whatever you wish outside, but inside this club you'll have to stop making a seperate post for everything.

At 8/31/05 12:46 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: Sure haven't. Are you sure it works though? I don't want to get fucked by some rumor you heard about. :/ And proof as well please?

Lol, if I had proof I'd do it myself. Think of it as an experiment, and you as the leading gunie pig. :P

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 00:38:39

if u r still wanting new members id like to be 1. i really like FF its awsome u know?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 03:06:13

Final Fantasy Advent children in 12 days! omfg where do I sign up for this club?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 06:48:02

Hi, can i be on your club?
i think i put a new topic instead of put a reply before :P What a mistake!

I never used forums to talk and thats why i did it!
But now i think ill not make anymore mistakes!

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 06:52:09

Yeah, i played Chrono Trigger and it is an awesome game! Its old but i never considered that a problem!
And i think ur right with that u had say about Square.

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 11:21:19

At 9/1/05 12:08 PM, cowchild wrote: Does the GBA one come in a package of 2? Dawn of Memories or Souls I think it was called?

Yes.

How do these two remakes compare to psx and snes?

Just improved graphics and an extra area on both of the games, I guess. There's a bestiary as well. Not sure if that was on the original FFI and II games.

At 9/1/05 11:38 PM, RavenGage wrote: Sephirona and TwilightLegend, I know you 2 are reletevly new to these forums so I'll spare you the yelling and swearing and ask nicely. Double posting, triple posting, and help me god quadriple posting is against the bbs rules.

It's not really against the rules, but I think it's best to try and keep all the replies in one post.

At 9/2/05 12:38 AM, mupmup1 wrote: if u r still wanting new members id like to be 1. i really like FF its awsome u know?

Sure, welcome. And yes, FF is awesome.

At 9/2/05 03:06 AM, MadFuzzball wrote: Final Fantasy Advent children in 12 days! omfg where do I sign up for this club?

What? It's coming out that soon? That can't be right.

At 9/2/05 06:48 AM, Jake007123 wrote: Hi, can i be on your club?

Sure, welcome.

But now i think ill not make anymore mistakes!

Yeah, but try not to upload the same picture more than once again.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 12:25:09

Im just wandering but do you know about hirunobi's new company? Mistwalker he is already making 2 rpgs for the xbox 360. Im sure if you go to a certain site there is an interview with him somewhere, well with him leaving Square (also nobue awhile ago) good this be the true end of the final fantasies?

Please correct me if Im wrong.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 12:38:38

aslo how do u make the pics for bbs that say stuff u know? for FF cause i want 1

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 12:39:35

I'm just curious, were the rumors of the North American Advent Children release being pushed back to the holidays true? Or is it still on schedule for September 14th?

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 13:10:25

well as far as I can tell, the official site has a countdown, hopefully that means release here stateside too. I can understand japan getting games first, but not our movies too! *sniff*

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 13:16:19

At 8/31/05 02:47 PM, Sephirona wrote: All of it. The legend of Final Fantasy VII begins that many eons ago, a Meteor was summoned to rid the Planet of a war between the Dragons and the Humans. However, the Meteor did more damage than they had thought it would...it brought along the disease organism known as Jenova.

Dragons? Dang I must have missed that =/

( I'm going on a tangent: Supposedly, Jenova wormed it's way into the Cetra's trust, and tore them down from the inside. Jenova is a creature of deceit; using it'a illusionary powers, it can change it's form to fool unsuspecting people. For one thing, I'm not even sure that Jenova's a female. She's supposed to be, bu there is actually a part in the Playstation version where, in the report from Aeris's mother, Jenova is described as a 'he.' Jenova is considered the Crisis of the Planet, remember? This "organism from the sky' was described as a he. Later on in the game, Jenova is further described as an 'it'. Jenova may be using her illusionary powers to fool everyone, even us. )

Yeah but the upper part of Jenova's body does have a fmale look to it..... Then again *remembers Lunar 2 and Zophar* yeah ok Jenova could be a guy lol

It was 2 in America, it actually was #4. Man if we don't mess up everything. Oh but I loved that game.

In Chrono Trigger, Lavos came down from the sky, as a Meteor that struck in the prehistoric times. Lavos was indeed, much like an asteroid. Later on in the story, it explains that when a creature dies in Chrono Trigger, all of it's life memories flash before it's eyes. When you fight Lavos, the characters realize that Lavos was manipulating the Planet, trying to relive it's past. When you defeat Lavos, you see flashes of different places that it has watched over.

CT, man how I wish they'd make Chrono Break. Lavos was simply one of the best Villans ever in my opinion. Gaining DNA and speeding up evolution just to gain more power for itself. And the split universe in CC.
Nice how all Lavos really meant was Big fire... or actually Fire big lol XD I would have liked to know if it was Lavos. I mean the outer creature ofcurse was Lavos. But was the enity deep inside it Lavos aswell? or a parasite in a parasite that was the real villan.

In Spirits Within, monsters known as Phantoms arrive from a Meteor that strikes the planet. Later on in the story, the main female character sees into the minds of these creatures and realizes that they were slaughtered on their own planet and were now infesting this planet as hostile spirits. Sound familiar?

Poor Spirites if no labeled FF it would ahve done better. Though the ending still wasn't that good =/

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-02 21:26:47

Can someone tell me how to join this club?