Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 6/28/12 03:40 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
I still haven't played Twilight Princess, but I love A Link To The Past. So I'll have to check out this game that you just ranked above one of the greatest games of all time !

A lot of people say they hate TP but they always say they stop before the intro is over. It has a long ass intro, but it is an excellent Zelda game, and has some amazing dungeons, so I highly recommend pushing through.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 10:20 PM Reply

At 6/28/12 09:06 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I still haven't played Twilight Princess, but I love A Link To The Past. So I'll have to check out this game that you just ranked above one of the greatest games of all time !
A lot of people say they hate TP but they always say they stop before the intro is over. It has a long ass intro, but it is an excellent Zelda game, and has some amazing dungeons, so I highly recommend pushing through.

I will... when I'm done with my A Link To The Past game I just started :)

Man, this game is just so amazing !

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 02:36 AM Reply

At 6/28/12 10:20 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I will... when I'm done with my A Link To The Past game I just started :)

Man, this game is just so amazing !

Talking about A Link To The Past. Did anybody ever play the hack named Parallel Worlds ? This thing is a very well designed hack of the game. It was developped from 2003 through to 2006.

rockereaper
rockereaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 6/29/12 02:36 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Talking about A Link To The Past. Did anybody ever play the hack named Parallel Worlds ? This thing is a very well designed hack of the game. It was developped from 2003 through to 2006.

I never heard of him and the game looks challenging.

Metal Hell
The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice
My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 6/28/12 09:06 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

Upon replaying it now I do actually consider it to be a little better than I did the first time I played the game. It still doesn't quite rank amongst my top favourite Zelda games though.

And I should really beat A Link To The Past someday. I know I got very stuck on the fifth dungeon and gave up. Maybe I'll give the game another shot this summer.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 6/29/12 04:47 PM, Auz wrote: Upon replaying it now I do actually consider it to be a little better than I did the first time I played the game. It still doesn't quite rank amongst my top favourite Zelda games though.

Which one is the best than ?

And I should really beat A Link To The Past someday. I know I got very stuck on the fifth dungeon and gave up. Maybe I'll give the game another shot this summer.

You should pick it back up. It's an amazing game. I just love the SNES. To me, it's the best gaming console ever. They had Super Metroid, A Link To The Past, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, the Super Star Wars series, Super Mario World, etc.

Also, I've just finished A Link To The Past :) I only died twice through the whole game, and that was twice in Turtle Rock, which is the last Dungeon before Ganon's Tower in the Dark World. Not a perfect run, but I'm quite happy with my results, especially considering the fact that the last time I played this, I was way younger and had an hard time going through it.

Now, I've introduced my girlfriend to the game and she seems to be enjoying it :) I'm happy because my girlfriend really isn't big on videogames at all. But for this one, she even asks me if we can play it sometimes, which is cool... because it shows that she isn't doing it just to please me.

SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Jul. 13th, 2012 @ 01:37 PM Reply

I am currently replaying Windwaker. Man the combat in this game is seriously satisfying and the sailing really makes discovering new places/hidden items rewarding. I original played it when it came out and it's always been my favorite, but this is only my second playthrough, go figure.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Jul. 13th, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 7/12/12 06:56 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 6/29/12 04:47 PM, Auz wrote: Upon replaying it now I do actually consider it to be a little better than I did the first time I played the game. It still doesn't quite rank amongst my top favourite Zelda games though.
Which one is the best than ?

I don't know about "the best", but Ocarina of Time will always be my favourite, very closely followed by Majora's Mask.

You should pick it back up. It's an amazing game. I just love the SNES. To me, it's the best gaming console ever. They had Super Metroid, A Link To The Past, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, the Super Star Wars series, Super Mario World, etc.

I totally love Chrono Trigger and Earthbound as well. Haven't played the others (yet).

Now, I've introduced my girlfriend to the game and she seems to be enjoying it :) I'm happy because my girlfriend really isn't big on videogames at all. But for this one, she even asks me if we can play it sometimes, which is cool... because it shows that she isn't doing it just to please me.

Lol. Some time ago I introduced my girlfriend to Ocarina of Time and likewise; She isn't that big on video games, but she still likes playing this game. Thus far she made it all the way to the Spirit Temple, but it's been a while since she last picked it up again.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 08:44 AM Reply

I've decided that I'm going to try and play through all the Zelda games I have over the holidays. I can't say that I've played much Zelda in the past. Ocarina of Time is the only games that I've made much progress with. I think I got to the last temple before I started playing something else and forgot to go back and finish it. It's also a game that I never actually played until this year and despite its age, I still consider it an amazing game and probably one of my all time favourites. Thought I'd check out some of the other games seeing as I don't have much to do over the holidays.

A copy of Wind Waker that I ordered arrived today. It's the limited edition that comes with a GameCube version of Ocarina of Time and the OoT Master quest variation as well. I also have a GameCube copy of Twilight Princess on the way. Neither of which were particularly cheap, considering their age, but they've been on my wishlist for a while so I thought I'd treat myself to them.

That means I've now got the following to play through:

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

I'll probably go through all the GameCube versions and then visit Majora's Mask last. Only annoying thing about that is that my OoT save file is on the N64 cart, so playing the GC version means starting over. Still, it's been about half a year since I last played it so I should probably start over anyway.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 12/12/12 08:44 AM, Dean wrote: Ocarina of Time is the only games that I've made much progress with. I think I got to the last temple before I started playing something else and forgot to go back and finish it. It's also a game that I never actually played until this year and despite its age, I still consider it an amazing game and probably one of my all time favourites.

Good to hear that you like it so much. Nowadays it seems like everyone who plays Ocarina of Time for the first time hates it and thinks it's incredibly overrated.

I do understand the game is hyped a lot as it tops a lot of "best game of all time" lists, but you also have to consider that the game is 15 years old by now. Of course the graphics and combat system aren't on par with today's standards. Personally, I think they actually still hold up pretty well.

I'll probably go through all the GameCube versions and then visit Majora's Mask last. Only annoying thing about that is that my OoT save file is on the N64 cart, so playing the GC version means starting over. Still, it's been about half a year since I last played it so I should probably start over anyway.

Why don't just finish the normal game on your N64 cartridge and play Master Quest on the Gamecube? At least the Temples will be different (more challenging) so you'll have somewhat of a new experience.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 12/12/12 11:02 AM, Auz wrote: Good to hear that you like it so much. Nowadays it seems like everyone who plays Ocarina of Time for the first time hates it and thinks it's incredibly overrated.

It's understandable though, I suppose. They go into it expecting "the best game ever made" and they're greeted with a 14 year old game that underwhelms them. I think it's much easier to appreciate older games if you're someone who actively plays retro games (like I do) or go in knowing what to expect. Some of my friends who like to consider themselves "true gamers" were shocked when I mentioned that OoT is still considered one of the best games ever made. To them, it's not a graphical showcase so they can't consider it as being a good game. I'll never understand how some people can think of good graphics as being a reasonable substitute for mediocre game play.

Of course the graphics and combat system aren't on par with today's standards. Personally, I think they actually still hold up pretty well.

I agree. Like I mentioned in my last post, it wasn't until this year that I actually played OoT, so I'm 14 years late to the party and still saw what was so great about it. I don't find the combat to feel particularly dated. It's simple, but the simplicity makes it nice to play. I don't really consider Zelda games to be focused on the combat anyway. The graphics obviously look dated but even so, I didn't find them that bad. I never found myself thinking "this looks horrible".

Why don't just finish the normal game on your N64 cartridge and play Master Quest on the Gamecube? At least the Temples will be different (more challenging) so you'll have somewhat of a new experience.

Despite me just saying that I don't have much of a problem with the graphics of OoT, they're certainly better on the GameCube. I think the GC version has double the resolution of the N64 version and when I booted up the GC version of OoT to make sure it was working, the graphics certainly looked nicer than my N64 memory of OoT. For that reason I'm more tempted to just start over on the GC version. Plus, GC has a nicer controller :P

I think I'll save the Master Quest for later in the holidays, if I have some left over time and assuming I'm willing to go through the game again. Right now I'd rather just play through the GC OoT, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I'm particularly looking forward to Twilight Princess for no real reason at all. There's just something appealing about it. I've played the opening of it before on the Wii but that's my sister's console and I actually got her Twilight Princess as a gift one year. I'm not such a fan of the Wii controls, which is why I've paid the pretty high price for the GC version. Any idea why it's so much more expensive than the Wii version? Less copies around I guess but I can't image GC copies are that hard to come by.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
MattBat27
MattBat27
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Dec. 14th, 2012 @ 12:14 AM Reply

I do believe you will all like this. Just a little music for le Zelda fans.

• Gerudo Valley Remix
    Gerudo Valley Remix by MattBat27

Everybody loves Zelda

Score
    4.20 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 12:04 AM Reply

At 12/14/12 12:14 AM, MattBat27 wrote: I do believe you will all like this. Just a little music for le Zelda fans.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/490010

Not bad at all! I won't lie, Gerudo Valley is one of my favorite themes from the series.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Aug. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:34 PM Reply

Are you guys still open?

   ▲
â–² â–²

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Aug. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:41 PM Reply

Link's a gamers wet dream.

BBS Signature
Cynicalx
Cynicalx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Art Lover
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 08:16 AM Reply

Since I doubt the creator of this club is not going to see this, I'm in.

"Friends are a nice thing to have... Heh, heh. Could you be my friend, too? Eh-hee-hee... You have the same smell as the fairy kid who taught me that song in the woods..."

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to *ZELDA CLUB* Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 05:18 PM Reply

Just beat A Link to the Past for the first time. Great game, though I still prefer the N64 Zelda's.

At 8/16/13 08:16 AM, Cynicalx wrote: Since I doubt the creator of this club is not going to see this, I'm in.

Well, you can come in, but as you can see this place is kind of dead. Most Zelda related discussions are held in the video games forum nowadays.

BBS Signature