Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 03:54 AM Reply

Don't have much to add to that Matt.

You summed up everything I figured out in Morrowind, yet was much too lazy to explain. To me, it was a little self-explainitory, but you did a sexcellent job for those newer to the series, including yourself.

Also cocks.

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 04:02 AM Reply

At 4/1/06 03:54 AM, -Canas- wrote:
You summed up everything I figured out in Morrowind, yet was much too lazy to explain. To me, it was a little self-explainitory, but you did a sexcellent job for those newer to the series, including yourself.

Sucka, I played Morrowind, I just didn't really get into it. My Xbox always froze on me, so I had to constantly restart it while playing Morrowind. I also didn't find Morrowind as good as some people thought it was, although I do think Oblivion is amazing.

I think one of the biggest things was the fact that everytime I tried to play Morrowind it would freeze eventually, and I was still trying to learn the mechanics of the game, so it was really stressful trying to learn how mixing ingrediants worked or things like that, while my game froze every 15 minutes. Plus, the skill system in Morrowind was all fucked up. Making a character was kind of stressful, and you had to watch what you did. Picking out Major skills and picking out Minor skills, and then being able to Major in Light, Heavy, AND Medium armor. I hated that shit. And then, every website I looked up to see how to make a good character, it discussed how you should put skills that you use a lot in Minor, even if they're the most vital ones you're going to use. Like blades, for instance. Everytime I looked up a guide, it would say to put Blade in Minor instead of Major if you wanted to use it. The system was just all fucked up. You couldn't make a decent person until you learned how it all worked.

Heil Oblivion.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 04:16 AM Reply

At 4/1/06 04:02 AM, DirtySyko wrote: Heil Oblivion.

They told you to put your best skills in your minor so you would be able to gain more levels in them, thus, be a higher level.

Cocks.

GOTY: Edition froze a lot for Morrowind. You needed a brand new Xbox just to run the game without freezing as it is.

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 04:32 AM Reply

At 4/1/06 04:16 AM, -Canas- wrote: GOTY: Edition froze a lot for Morrowind. You needed a brand new Xbox just to run the game without freezing as it is.

I bought morrowind piece by piece with the expansions.

I still hump that game to this day.

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 07:59 AM Reply

I just went out and got it, now i'm installing the new processor.

Fun fun fun.

I'll be on it within 2 hours.
Lockpicker
Lockpicker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 08:54 AM Reply

I think the Oblivion is the best game i've ever played.

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 12:37 PM Reply

Holy fuck this game is good.
Breton, thief class.
Level 8.
Also, cocks.

Gamegod-Unleashed
Gamegod-Unleashed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 12:48 PM Reply

a quick little cheat ive figured out you can steal every thing you want form the mages guild and it wont count as stealing if your in the gulid (lol) it will get youm about 1k a guild spot
can some1 tell me something?
whitch is better
a steel long sword or a silver long sowrd?

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 12:37 PM, Practical wrote: Holy fuck this game is good.
Breton, thief class.
Level 8.
Also, cocks.

Lewl

At 4/1/06 12:48 PM, gamegod15 wrote: a steel long sword or a silver long sowrd?

Some monsters can't be hit by normal type weapons. And silver, through mythology, would be a wise choice against said monsters.

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:10 PM Reply

Time for a new char!
Any ideas?

cocks
Gamegod-Unleashed
Gamegod-Unleashed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:13 PM Reply

im tierd of you wimps saying weres the thifs guild ?
first steal something, get arrested DO THE TIME then sleep in a inn/ house a dark elf will come and give you a note, if you lose the note make friends with a begger and ask him about the gray fox, after one (or both) of those go to the impreal city waterfront, and go south till you rech a very poor town, there is a small patch of dirt behind the first house go there and wait till 12 a man with a torch a lisard class guy and a dark elf will be there, you will half to go steal a journal, wake a begger and bribe him to tell u were the jurnal is, go in to the city, steal it, and return with it to join the guild BUT when you are about to find it the dark elf will show up and go 4 d book, froget hideing, run for the book and steal it, if you doent make it fllo her and steal it from her, and then go take it to him, and if your VERY bad and fail to do both talk to him agin the next night and you will need to steal a sword its a bit easyer but you have to kill a dog that will wake up the person sleeping ther, but she will just say get out of here not even bothering the fact you just stole her wepons, return with it, and join the guild LOL. and u get 2 free wepons that you can sell to ongar the world werey whos in the thifs guild and in the black market or keep them, but if u get caught you lose all of your stolen items.
ongar can be found in bruma, hes nearly alwase at the inn, or at his house, note a LOT of pepole are in the thifs guild includeing a mageguild member, ok n00bs?
no more weres the thifs guild k?

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 01:13 PM, gamegod15 wrote: im tierd of you wimps saying weres the thifs guild ?
ok n00bs?
no more weres the thifs guild k?

I haven't seen anybody post that in a few weeks. I don't know what you're talking about.

Gamegod-Unleashed
Gamegod-Unleashed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:22 PM Reply

I haven't seen anybody post that in a few weeks. I don't know what you're talking about.

i agree not in a while but it wastes a lot of space in a great club so it should stop for a while because most only read the first second, scond to last, and last b4 posting to it will stop it 4 a while, (i hope)

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:22 PM Reply

Brand new game.
Fucked up my old one with toddstest.
:/

Gamegod-Unleashed
Gamegod-Unleashed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:29 PM Reply

i frogt to put my class dident i?
im a nord the thif star sign and fllo the rebel class im l v l 15but have troble finding wepons, im a thief guild member, want to join the assians guild, kiked out of fighters guild and a mage member, can i join?

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:31 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 01:29 PM, gamegod15 wrote: i frogt to put my class dident i?
im a nord the thif star sign and fllo the rebel class im l v l 15but have troble finding wepons, im a thief guild member, want to join the assians guild, kiked out of fighters guild and a mage member, can i join?

I'm sorry, can you spell? At all?
I mean you're being helpful and good, But hard to read.

AngryToaster
AngryToaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:56 PM Reply

I'm stuck in the paint quest. The turpentine helps, but there are more than 6 painted orcs so it's impossible for me. Tips?

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 02:53 PM Reply

Just a question, where did you guys get vampirism?

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 03:13 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 01:22 PM, gamegod15 wrote: i agree not in a while but it wastes a lot of space in a great club so it should stop for a while because most only read the first second, scond to last, and last b4 posting to it will stop it 4 a while, (i hope)

sigh

At 4/1/06 01:29 PM, gamegod15 wrote: can i join?

Everybody is welcome

At 4/1/06 01:56 PM, AngryToaster wrote: I'm stuck in the paint quest. The turpentine helps, but there are more than 6 painted orcs so it's impossible for me. Tips?

Dude. I had to start a new game when I was a newbie because I saved there. Seriously.

:(

At 4/1/06 02:53 PM, Practical wrote: Just a question, where did you guys get vampirism?

My first game I got it from the Dark Brotherhood. My current game I contracted it from a few vampires in "Bloodcrust Cave" just outside Castle Skingrad (east)

At 4/1/06 02:21 PM, theodor wrote: I have a vampire orc, how can he have fangs and tusks, yet have no speach impediment? :\

:o

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 03:40 PM Reply

This Investigation quest is raping my asshole with it's giant schlong.

I've tried damned near everything, but I cant find anymore clues.

On the plus side, I bought that guys manor for 5,000.

On the subtractive side, it's a run-down piece of shit.

Jason Becker, will of steel. | Django Reinhardt, the greatest.

BBS Signature
Brad
Brad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 02:53 PM, Practical wrote: Just a question, where did you guys get vampirism?

Alot of the abandoned forts have vampires inside. That's where I got it. The fort I got it in was Fort Carmala. It's close by Hackdirt. There's like 4-5 vampires in there. Just fight em and you'll probally get it.

Gamegod-Unleashed
Gamegod-Unleashed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 04:18 PM Reply

i come 2 d resuce agin!
to beat d paint quest, talk to the guy and once you see the first guy, run like hell to the body, doent fight, once u get 2 d elf the guys will stop flloing you and u can leave!
ps. yes i can spell but since im not working/ in school im not going 2

Gamegod-Unleashed
Gamegod-Unleashed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 04:18 PM, gamegod15 wrote: i come 2 d resuce agin!
to beat d paint quest, talk to the guy and once you see the first guy, run like hell to the body, doent fight, once u get 2 d elf the guys will stop flloing you and u can leave!

by the way i meant rob the body and on my second/3rd menshon of guy i ment paint monster

Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 04:16 AM, -Canas- wrote:
At 4/1/06 04:02 AM, DirtySyko wrote: Heil Oblivion.
They told you to put your best skills in your minor so you would be able to gain more levels in them, thus, be a higher level.

That was true in morrowind, but I believe that you can only level up by growing skills that are in the major skill area, not 100% sure though.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 05:02 PM, Memnarch wrote: That was true in morrowind, but I believe that you can only level up by growing skills that are in the major skill area, not 100% sure though.

Yes.

Anyways, where do you all call home? I'm finishing the manor quest in Anvil, and it will be the first home i've bought on this character... but..

Nothing feels more homely than Cheydinhal. I know the place like the back of my hand, and I often spend a lot of time there. I would most certainly consider Cheydinhal to be my favorite/home town.

Other than that, I like the Imperial Waterfront

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 01:56 PM, AngryToaster wrote: I'm stuck in the paint quest. The turpentine helps, but there are more than 6 painted orcs so it's impossible for me. Tips?

Just don't try to kill them all. I found another route to get to the dead body, and I only had to fight two of them. So, find a shortcut.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 07:39 PM Reply

I started a new character, its kinda sucidial..... haha, high elf, with the appentice as the birth sign. That means I have a weakness of magic of about 125% so elemental magic would do 225% its orginal damage, but I had 300 mana points when I was in only level 1. That is kind of a good trade off, but the scamps in oblivion beings me down to like 1 hp when they use their fireball. Gotta do some hard training now.

haha.... I also set the difficultly to max, I had fun dieing against the rats in the prison. But interestingly enough I got to level 3 by the time I got out of the prison.

As I notice elder scroll IV is a lot smarter when it comes to skills.
Here's what I know:
Destruction - doesn't gain exp if you cast in fin air :(
Conjuration - does gain exp if you cast for no reason ^_^
- Here's something I did, I got a spell for creating each armor piece and cast them all and was able to grow a level in about every 2 rounds.
Illusion - gain if you hit target
Restoration - I believe you have to have lost live before using restoration to gain any exp.
Mysticism - does gain exp if you cast for no reason ^_^
Alteration - should gain exp if you ccast for no reason
Alchemy - gain when you make a potion

Just felt like sharing ^_^
I got a question though for anyone that knows the answer.
As for the Blade, Blunt, and Marksmanship, can those be trained when you attack those dummies laying around that the other people train on?

Gamegod-Unleashed
Gamegod-Unleashed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 07:45 PM Reply

That was true in morrowind, but I believe that you can only level up by growing skills that are in the major skill area, not 100% sure though.

you are right, but play tho once so you know what u like best then make that your major skillz

Gamegod-Unleashed
Gamegod-Unleashed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 08:47 PM Reply

Conjuration - does gain exp if you cast for no reason ^_^

lie! you van make skellingtons and it gives you points! ha!
by the way no ( or at least not much)

AngryToaster
AngryToaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 08:48 PM Reply

At 4/1/06 05:52 PM, DirtySyko wrote:
Just don't try to kill them all. I found another route to get to the dead body, and I only had to fight two of them. So, find a shortcut.

I can't find it D: