New Topic Respond to this Topic
Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 04:06 PM, DirtySyko wrote: I wish they had more stuff around Cloud Temple. I climbed those hard ass mountains and walked around a bit, and really didn't find anything.

I do agree. Although there are a few caves, but they are quest related.

I found an Oblivion Gate way up there once. I don't suppose i'll ever find it again.

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 05:50 PM, Hoaders wrote:
At 3/31/06 04:44 PM, HellzYeahCCR wrote: This game is seriously destroying my social life.
stop playing it then.

I try. But like my mustache, it comes back bickering.

Jason Becker, will of steel. | Django Reinhardt, the greatest.

BBS Signature
AngryToaster
AngryToaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 07:17 PM Reply

I'm going to start playing again tonight. How do you enchant stuff?

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 08:00 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 07:17 PM, AngryToaster wrote: I'm going to start playing again tonight. How do you enchant stuff?

Using sigil stones, or trapping the the souls of enemies and putting them into your weapon. You trap souls by using a soup trap spell on an enemy, and then kill him. You also need a Soul Gem to put the souls in.

I think there is a guy at the Arcane University that has another way of enchanting items for you, but I'm not sure. I'm not in the Mage's guild, so I've never been there.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
DevoLver
DevoLver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 08:28 PM Reply

hi guys.

Canas told me about you.

i wanna join

kthx

[lvl 17 Orc Warrior with a touch of Healing power, Birthsign Warrior]

Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 08:38 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 08:28 PM, DevoLver wrote: [lvl 17 Orc Warrior with a touch of Healing power, Birthsign Warrior]

:D

Thief is still the best birthsign

I'm assuming you can change them with the doomstones.

DevoLver
DevoLver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 08:38 PM, -Canas- wrote: Thief is still the best birthsign

ok, lets see here....

Agility, Speed, and Luck +10

but Canas: i don't need luck to win.....I HAIV TEH SKILLZS TA PAY DA BILLZ

Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 08:41 PM, DevoLver wrote: Agility, Speed, and Luck +10

but Canas: i don't need luck to win.....I HAIV TEH SKILLZS TA PAY DA BILLZ

Luck gets you items too, sillypants.

:)

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 09:04 PM Reply

Thank goodness I got the PC version. Because Im obsessed with appearance.

And with the PC version, all you do is open up the console, and type 'showracemenu' and voila! You can change your appearance.

I dunno how I'd survive without the PC version.

BBS Signature
Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 3/30/06 10:20 PM, Fat_and_Proud wrote: Hey, check out this glitch I found in the game.

http://video.google...-4870311050347394355

That's really interesting, I found a couple of glitchs, but the ones that I've seen are basicly just getting stuck between two objects. I guess I excepted too much from them, I guess we all rushed them in the making of the game too much, they still have some bugs that they have to fix.

Do you guys know an actully forum that the company looks at, so that we could tell them things we found wrong in the game?

so they could improve it for the game of the year verison, if they make one of course, though they probably will,

Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 3/30/06 10:30 PM, sokimit wrote: i preordered the special edition and it is awsome
i recently started a new character because the khajiit jsut look weird i think
i am now a imperial assassin lvl 4 and are members of the mage,theives,assassin,and fighters guild i am also a vampire.

sounds like almost everyone had came a vampire already. Is it something you can get easily within the main quest? or are you guess doing another quest that you found luckyly

Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 12:59 AM, Dobio wrote: I'm thinking of making my new character a pure fighter, orc...because I love smashing things.

I will always choose magic over fighting when it comes to this, I really love the mana regeneration thing they added to the game, cause I can almost use magic constantly and not waste any, which is awesome and great plus I like area magic being able to do about 100 damage is a 50 ft range, which is something I did in morrowind

by the way, have anyone found out where you can make spells? I'm in the arcane university, but I want to make a spell >_< where do I do it >_<.

Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 09:34 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 01:21 AM, -Canas- wrote: I had to kill a person sitting down at a table for a DB mission.

She sat eating, I snuck up behind her and slashed her in the back with my blade. The sheer force caused her skull to smack foward onto the table knocking off plates and apples while a streak of blood lined the tabletop. Her head then immediately flung backwards out of whiplash and she flopped sideways out of her seat. All of this in a slip second or two.

By FAR, the funnest thing I have EVER done on a video game.

That sounds soo cool, I have to quote that as something I read online to my friends if you don't mind :P

DevoLver
DevoLver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 08:57 PM, -Canas- wrote: Luck gets you items too, sillypants.

yeah yeah....shut up

and furthermore the Warrior's Berserk is a lifsaver when you get surrounded by more than one foe.

Maybe i should finish up with what character i'm using right now.

Orc Male

Majors:

Blunt (which i use little of) , Heavy Armor, Block, Armorer, Blade (weapon of choice as of now) Restoration, and Alchemy

so far i am pleased about how everything is lvling up. we'll see at later lvl's though

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 09:52 PM, DevoLver wrote: Blunt (which i use little of) , Heavy Armor, Block, Armorer, Blade (weapon of choice as of now) Restoration, and Alchemy

so far i am pleased about how everything is lvling up. we'll see at later lvl's though

Some good heavy armor to get near the beginning is from the Blades building. Do one or two of the main storyline quests, and you'll join the Blades. In the west wing there is a free set of Blades armor, and some katanas and dai-katanas.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 10:17 PM Reply

HOLY FUCK.

Do doomstones actually do this?!

I finally decided to click on one. It GAVE me all the power of the birthsign without converting my birthsign.

And it looks permanent.

SHIT.

I should've tried to remember where the hell I saw the other ones, as they don't map mark.

Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 03:24 PM, sykemus wrote: Okey.. here's the deal... I'm walking from outside of Leyawiin towards Esweyr.. And suddenly this text appears and i cant go any further: You cannot go that way. Turn back! The problem is that i want to go that way... does anyone know why this text is appeiring... <---- (spell?)

probably that they are warning you that there is a gate to oblivion up ahead

Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 06:09 PM, -Canas- wrote:
At 3/31/06 04:06 PM, DirtySyko wrote: I wish they had more stuff around Cloud Temple. I climbed those hard ass mountains and walked around a bit, and really didn't find anything.
I do agree. Although there are a few caves, but they are quest related.

I found an Oblivion Gate way up there once. I don't suppose i'll ever find it again.

those gates should be iconed on your fast travel map, wouldn't they be?

Microshock
Microshock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 10:43 PM Reply

I saw a video review of this on Gamespot and the graphics look awesome but its not my type of game..

I hate rpg's and i hate darkish type of games....plus im never getting the xbox 360....but kind of looks cool...maybe i have to play it first

Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 07:17 PM, AngryToaster wrote: I'm going to start playing again tonight. How do you enchant stuff?

in the arcane university, there is a nice lady that will enchant stuff for you

Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 10:43 PM, shockydragon wrote: I saw a video review of this on Gamespot and the graphics look awesome but its not my type of game..

I hate rpg's and i hate darkish type of games....plus im never getting the xbox 360....but kind of looks cool...maybe i have to play it first

oblivion is kind of an RPG love only game, if your into sports games or shooters, this really isn't your type of game.

Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 10:55 PM Reply

Ring of War

Fortify Armorer 10 points on self
Fortify Athetics 10 points on self
Fortify Blade 10 points on self
Fortify Blunt 10 points on self
Fortify Block 10 points on self
Fortify Hand-to-hand 10 points on self
Fortify Heavy Armor 10 points on self

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 31st, 2006 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 3/31/06 10:55 PM, -Canas- wrote: Ring of War

Holy shit! Where'd you find that thing?

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 3/31/06 11:16 PM, HellzYeahCCR wrote:
At 3/31/06 10:55 PM, -Canas- wrote: Ring of War
Holy shit! Where'd you find that thing?

First good thing i've ever found in Oblivion. On a daedra sorcerer.

AND DEVO SAID LUCK SUCKS.

AHAHAHA

Anyways, chilling with my Umbra blade. Does a whopping 27. =\

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:02 AM Reply

At 3/31/06 10:17 PM, -Canas- wrote: HOLY FUCK.

Do doomstones actually do this?!

Are Doomstones those things out in the middle of nowhere that you need to click when the stars are out? You hadn't touched on yet, lol?

If that's what a Doomstone is, they don't give you birthsign powers... At least not the one I clicked. I clicked a thief one and it gave me a Great Power that I can use once per day.

If a Doomstone is something else, fill me in.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:10 AM Reply

At 4/1/06 01:02 AM, DirtySyko wrote: If that's what a Doomstone is, they don't give you birthsign powers... At least not the one I clicked. I clicked a thief one and it gave me a Great Power that I can use once per day.

If a Doomstone is something else, fill me in.

Nope, thats the one.

The doomstone I clicked just happened to BE a birthsign that only gives Greater Powers. I suppose thats all they may do. Either way, it's intense.

:D

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:51 AM Reply

3-4 Fucking hours >:)

Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:56 AM Reply

At 4/1/06 01:51 AM, Practical wrote: 3-4 Fucking hours >:)

I need to get back on.

:o

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 01:57 AM Reply

At 4/1/06 01:56 AM, -Canas- wrote:
At 4/1/06 01:51 AM, Practical wrote: 3-4 Fucking hours >:)
I need to get back on.

o

:O
Bitch getting practice before me :/

<3
DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Apr. 1st, 2006 @ 03:51 AM Reply

Just a heads up guys, when picking out your major skills, you shouldn't major in both Blade and Blunt. All that does is take up a spot for something else you could have majored in, because you're never going to master both Blade and Blunt and be capable of using them both effeciently. Infact, here is some overall advice on what you should and shouldn't do when picking skills. I'm not the king of Oblivion or anything, so take my advice at your own risk, and we'll see if Canas agrees with the things I say.

First of all, let me explain how leveling and bonus' work, because I'm sure a lot of you don't understand why you sometimes get +2 during one level and +4 during another.

To level up you need to level your 7 major skills 10 times, in any combination. For example, if Blade, Restoration, Alchemy, and Heavy Armor are some of your major skills, and you level up Blade 3 times, Restoration 2 times, Alchemy 2 times, and Heavy Armor 3 times, you will gain a level. When your minor skills level up, it does not count towards your character gaining a level. I think most people already know this, so on to the next part.

Everytime one of your Major skills levels up, you gain a +1 bonus for whatever governs that skill. For example, Strength governs Blade, so if your blade level goes up once before your character levels up, you get a +1 bonus to strength. But a +1 multiplyer doesn't show up, you have to at least get +2. So, if you want a bonus to Strength, you need to level up Blade twice. If your blade skill levels up twice before your character levels, you will gain a +2 bonus once you level up. Anytime one of your 7 major skills levels up, you get a +1 bonus to whatever attribute that governs it. Understand? Now, time for minor skills.

When a minor skill levels up, you only get a +.5 bonus to whatever attribute that governs the skill. For example, Athletics and Acrobats are two of your minor skills. You level up Athletics 2 times and Acrobats 2 times before your character levels. They both govern the attribute speed, so when you level up you get a +2 bonus. +1 from Athletics for leveling up twice, and +1 from acrobats for leveling up twice. Got it? Now, time for the final part.

The biggest attribute bonus you can get per level is +5, but getting a +5 is a little tricky. You can only get +4 from leveling up your major skills. For example, if Blade is one of your major skills and you level it up 5 times before your character levels, you will only get a +4 bonus to strength. So, how do you get +5 you ask? I shall tell you, good sir. To get the +5 bonus, you must do a level up both Major and Minor skills that govern the same attribute. Example: Blade is your major skill, and Heavy Armor is a minor skill, they both govern strength. You level up Blade 4 times and Heavy Armor 2 times, and when your character levels up you will have a +5 bonus for strength. You get a +1 bonus everytime you level up Blade, so leveling it up 4 times gives you +4 (The max you can get). You level up Heavy Armor two times, giving you a +1 bonus (Remember, you only get .5 each time you level a minor skill) so your +1 bonus from Heavy Armor combines with your +4 from Blade, giving you the +5. So the only way to get +5 is to level up both Major and Minor skills, that govern the same attribute. It sounds confusing when explaining it, but it's really simple. Now, here is a final piece of advice to make sure your character gets decent bonus points when he/she levels.

Let's say your character is a thief. You major in Bow, Sneak, and Security. Those three skills are all governed by Agility, and since you majored in all 3 of them, you will never get anything higher than a +4 bonus to Agility. Basically, if you want to get a +5 bonus for any of your attributes, you cannot major in all the skills that they govern. You have to leave at least one of them as a minor skill. An easy example is Strength. Strength governs Blade, Blunt, Hand to Hand, and Heavy Armor. Usually you want to Major in an armor type, Light or Heavy, if you're not a mage. Well, if you major in Heavy Armor you're probably going to Major in Blade, Blunt, or Hand to Hand (If you're crazy). Let's say you Majored in Blade and Heavy Armor, leaving Blunt and Hand to Hand as minor skills. To get that +5 bonus to strength, just level up your Blade twice (+2 bonus) by fighting like normal, your Heavy Armor twice (+2 bonus) by getting hit like normal, and once you do that, just go punch some shit with your fist and level up Hand to Hand twice (+1 bonus). Then you get your +5.

If you have questions, just ask. And you can give your input too Canas, I'm sure you'll have something to say ;)

BBS Signature