New Topic Respond to this Topic
Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-29 22:49:04 Reply

At 3/29/06 06:39 PM, HellzYeahCCR wrote: Honestly, who uses Hand-To-Hand?

I understand that it may seems siily to use fists over swords, but don't knock Hand-To-Hand. Not only is it the most fun out of all the skills, it actually works pretty well. No need to use a repair hammer on your fists either.

:p

At 3/29/06 10:07 PM, MrDeadly wrote: how does one pull out arrows, i tried to take on that one goblin with the bow in the beginning, and now im full of arrows.

Drop them out of your inventory, if you're talking about ones stuck in you.

:)

Deadly
Deadly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-29 22:52:12 Reply

well this sucks majorly. I accidently got on a horse, and was killed. and my last save was b4 i even meet up with the king again. FUCK!@

Oh Snype, you're such a fag.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 00:19:35 Reply

At 3/29/06 10:52 PM, MrDeadly wrote: well this sucks majorly. I accidently got on a horse, and was killed. and my last save was b4 i even meet up with the king again. FUCK!@

My game autosaves at nearly every turn. Quite handy.

Well I finally found a good set of Daedric armor. Although I had to reload a previous game, and I no longer have my daedric long sword, I have the full set minus the greaves.

I'll be enchanting them with the Sigil stones shortly.

Brad
Brad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 01:06:03 Reply

I think we should post a majority of spots that are good for like xp, finding good items, etc. If the leader agrees, along with everyone else that would be cool. I thought we should do this because I keep finding crap spots thinking that the end of the HUGE mazes in the places(caves,old forts.etc)will have at least a good item. But in the end, no. So yeah, atleast if not, tell me if you know any good spots. Thanks.

Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 01:38:44 Reply

At 3/30/06 01:06 AM, Tiny_Brad wrote: I think we should post a majority of spots that are good for like xp, finding good items, etc. If the leader agrees, along with everyone else that would be cool. I thought we should do this because I keep finding crap spots thinking that the end of the HUGE mazes in the places(caves,old forts.etc)will have at least a good item. But in the end, no. So yeah, atleast if not, tell me if you know any good spots. Thanks.

Of course, anything is fine.

As long as you realize that loot found is dependant on ones level. As the game generates better stuff for those who are better. So most of the time, things will be different.

=\

I'm having a lot of trouble on the final Thieves Guild quest, I seem to be stuck. I'll try and work something else out. If anyone has completed this, feel free to lend your assistance.

Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 03:28:22 Reply

Solved my own problem.

=\

Working on becoming Grand-Master in every Guild, and finding all the Oblivion gates in order to obtain the Stones and enchant my daedric.

xpmonster
xpmonster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 08:02:46 Reply

"At 3/29/06 06:39 PM, HellzYeahCCR wrote:

At 3/29/06 05:05 PM, -Canas- wrote: What level are you all at?
Level 10 on my main character. I restarted him a day or two ago, because I accidentaly put Hand-To-Hand in skills.

Honestly, who uses Hand-To-Hand?"

i love hand to hand its fun comic beside them and whacking them in the face

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 08:29:25 Reply

At 3/29/06 10:49 PM, -Canas- wrote: I understand that it may seems siily to use fists over swords, but don't knock Hand-To-Hand. Not only is it the most fun out of all the skills, it actually works pretty well. No need to use a repair hammer on your fists either.

p

Well sure, every skill has its own strong point, but its not my style. I'm a Wood Elf Ranger, so I cant get up close and take a beating because I only have 130 HP.

I'm more of a drop back and fill them full of arrows, then use a blade (I have a enchanted one that adds 60 points of Burden, I named it Ytsejam, as a desperation move. [band joke, lets see if anyone gets the reference.])

Also, I dont think fists would be good if you're surrounded, but eh. I guess some people like it.

Jason Becker, will of steel. | Django Reinhardt, the greatest.

BBS Signature
HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 08:35:00 Reply

At 3/29/06 10:24 PM, Memnarch wrote: Just wonder have anyone tried the fish scale quest yet. I've looked all over the lake spot that the arrow points too I did find 7 but I need 10. It looks like they are all died. I use Life Detect as I search, no sign of life anywhere >_</

I havent done this one, but my brother has. He said he swam around in the lake surrounding the Imperial City and killed the fish there, and got the scales. He said it takes a while, so be patient with it.

Hope that helps, good luck!

BBS Signature
xpmonster
xpmonster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 09:27:04 Reply

guys i found out how to beat the painting quest!! just ask me if u need any help

Deadly
Deadly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 09:41:40 Reply

At 3/30/06 12:19 AM, -Canas- wrote:
At 3/29/06 10:52 PM, MrDeadly wrote: well this sucks majorly. I accidently got on a horse, and was killed. and my last save was b4 i even meet up with the king again. FUCK!@
My game autosaves at nearly every turn. Quite handy.

ya, but then you have to remember to delete your old saves. (my friends xobx started lagging crazily after playing Oblivion for a day or two. i suggested he deleted old saves and its fine now) i just have to get used to saving all the time.

Oh Snype, you're such a fag.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 12:05:55 Reply

At 3/30/06 11:55 AM, theodor wrote: damnit! I've contracted vampirism, now I'm going to have to find the cure, any clues as to where I should go. I know its something to do with a woman by the river, but I really dont want to risk looking for it then frantically searching for cover when the sun comes up.

Why would you want a cure?

I could tell you exactly where it is, but in Oblivion as a vampire, you AREN'T shunned AND you can walk in the daylight.

But I warn you, eventually after you rest you may develop further vampiric abilites. The likes of which are mostly negative, including Sun damage. You can reverse these effects by simply feeding on somebody who is sleeping. And you will become a regular powerful vampire again.

What I do, is I only rest at night in a guild or the waterfront. This way, once I wake up and the negative effects set in, I can simply walk a few feet and feed instead of having to deal with the sun. As a result, i've managed to remain a vampire throughout most of the game. The statistic bonuses are excellent.

Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 12:15:56 Reply

At 3/30/06 08:29 AM, HellzYeahCCR wrote: I'm more of a drop back and fill them full of arrows,

I still don't see why you all love the damned Bow so much.

>:(

then use a blade (I have a enchanted one that adds 60 points of Burden, I named it Ytsejam, as a desperation move. [band joke, lets see if anyone gets the reference.])

Majesty backwards?

:o

I've started enchanting my daedric armor, looking for good Sigil Stones. I found a nice one that Adds 10 to blade, so I made my gauntlets with that one. I also found one late last night that adds 50 to magicka, and I can't decide if I should use it or wait.

Also, I dont think fists would be good if you're surrounded, but eh. I guess some people like it.

You know how it's possible to knock people down?

With fists, once their fatigue is drained from swinging, one hit will knock them down almost automatically. After that, you can pound the shit out of them on the ground. Also, fists do not wear down, nor do they have slightly lowered attack speed. So it's quite easy to run backwards with your knuckles flailing when a few bandits are chasing you.

(it's pretty cool that you can see the rings on your fingers as you pound the hell out of corpses.)

xpmonster
xpmonster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 13:12:37 Reply

culd anybody tell me a good place with sigil stones? thx

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 15:06:28 Reply

Well, seriously, fuck this game, it's not at all what I expected it to be. Nothing bad happened to me, it's just... Boring. Yeah, I said it. Sure, it's a huge map, but that doesn't really amount to anything. You can could run around the entire map in under a day of playing and find every single location, and then the massive map doesn't amount to much after that, now does it? At least in massive map games like GTA: SA they make you wait and do things before you can keep seeing new parts of the world. Having the ability to do whatever, whenever, kind of takes the point away of seeing new things later on in the game. A big map can't be enough to make a game good, and it definitely doesn't do justice for this game. The fighting system is ridiculously boring and repetitive, looting caves isn't exciting because you basically get the same shit each time, and a lot of the quests are pretty... Basic, and easy to accomplish. I'm honestly going to return the game, because the place I got it from has a return policy where I'll be able to trade in and get a different 360 game, so I'll probably get Burnout.

Lowel, just kidding silly heads, I just got back from out of town, and now I can finally play it, after five days of not being able to. It's like I'm starting it back up for the first time. I'M SO GIDDY AND EXCITED I JUST WANT TO HUG A STRANGER AND THEN TELL HIM I'M GOING TO CLOSE ALL THE GATES OF OBLIVION!

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 15:07:32 Reply

At 3/30/06 01:12 PM, xpmonster wrote: culd anybody tell me a good place with sigil stones? thx

I think the only place you can get them from is Oblivion.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

BBS Signature
Inglor
Inglor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 15:20:31 Reply

I just got a whole new computer for one sole reason : to max out my oblivion experiance.

I love morrowind and I played it for ages, I can't wait to get this new computer to start playing.

I guess I'm in guys =)

Hoaders
Hoaders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 16:12:59 Reply

At 3/30/06 03:06 PM, DirtySyko wrote: rant about what a disapointment eldar scrolls is.

:O you just put me right off it.

Lowel, just kidding silly heads,

Oh snap!

you best be kidding >:(

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 17:34:04 Reply

At 3/30/06 03:06 PM, DirtySyko wrote: Lowel, just kidding silly heads,

I WUZ ABOUT TO BAN YOU FOR BASHING LEWL.

:(

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 18:16:36 Reply

At 3/30/06 05:34 PM, -Canas- wrote:
I WUZ ABOUT TO BAN YOU FOR BASHING LEWL.

(

Fucking mods on power trips. Lick my dick moderator >:(

BBS Signature
Memnarch
Memnarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 18:56:41 Reply

I think I'm gonna start over. I think I found a glitch in the game. I went though the Kvtach place and save the village before I was sent in a mission to get martin back to that one place. I'm suppose to rescue him, but all he does is say that "Kvtach will raise once again" or something and the menu exit. He just won't follow me and I know that it is him that is suppose to follow me because that simple green arrow is pointing right at him and there is no one else in the room. I got so annoyed once so I attacked him to the point that he comes chasing after me, but then a guard saw me so I ran faster but then lost both of them.

Is this a glitch, am I doing something wrong, should I start over?

Rai
Rai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 19:01:25 Reply

I got into the dark brotherhood by becoming the arena grandchampion, I became a vampire by joining the dark brotherhood and you get into the thieves guild by getting a beggar to like you and asking them about gray fox, they tell you where to meet him

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 21:18:01 Reply

Well. Im in Oblivion. Just about to grab the sigil and blow the whole gate.

Dremora's are rushing around me, clubs in hand. Shooting spells at me, I desperatly jump for the Sigil..

UH OH! GAME CRASH! YOU LOSE! And how long had it been since I last saved?

About an hour. My last save was outside the gate.

All this happened after I enchanted a bow and named it "The Bow Of Fluffy."

Maybe this is the games way of laughing in my face.

BBS Signature
Fat-and-Proud
Fat-and-Proud
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 22:20:29 Reply

Hey, check out this glitch I found in the game.

http://video.google...-4870311050347394355

sokimit
sokimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 22:24:55 Reply

At 3/22/06 03:44 PM, -Canas- wrote: Just contracted Vampirism, haha.

Should I cure it?

>:)

dont cure it but feed atleast once everyday or u will become hurt by sunlight and taht makes it hard to fast travel .
VAMPIRISM ROCKS

sokimit
sokimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 22:30:40 Reply

i preordered the special edition and it is awsome
i recently started a new character because the khajiit jsut look weird i think
i am now a imperial assassin lvl 4 and are members of the mage,theives,assassin,and fighters guild i am also a vampire.

Brad
Brad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-30 23:59:25 Reply

Okay, well I finally found a vampire to get Vamparism. So, basically if I feed once a day, sunlight wont affect me at all? Even if I sleep in beds n shit?

sokimit
sokimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-31 00:19:27 Reply

yes but its kewl when u dont feed for like 5 days ur cheeks cave in and u look old and evry one yells at u its funny as hell

Canas
Canas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-31 00:31:41 Reply

At 3/30/06 06:56 PM, Memnarch wrote: Is this a glitch, am I doing something wrong, should I start over?

Try talking to people about Martin. They should point you in a direction, a quest log should come up, etc.

At 3/30/06 10:24 PM, sokimit wrote: dont cure it but feed atleast once everyday or u will become hurt by sunlight and taht makes it hard to fast travel .
VAMPIRISM ROCKS

If you would've bothered to read on you would've noticed that I am extremely knowledgable when it comes to the disease, and I've been playing with it for a good 50 hours of gameplay.

Thanks for the advice for the others, though.

At 3/30/06 10:20 PM, Fat_and_Proud wrote: Hey, check out this glitch I found in the game.

http://video.google...-4870311050347394355

lewl

At 3/30/06 11:59 PM, Tiny_Brad wrote: Okay, well I finally found a vampire to get Vamparism. So, basically if I feed once a day, sunlight wont affect me at all? Even if I sleep in beds n shit?

I wait until I have to rest.

I go to the Mages Guild. Rest until night, gain my level, but at the same time gain weakness to fire. Once I have this weakness, I simply feed on the unsuspecting members sleeping beside me, and the weaknesses and dreams are subsided for a few more days.

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-31 00:49:33 Reply

Here's a pic of my character in his new Elven armor, chillin' at the Fighters Guild.

I wish there was a more in-depth facial hair system, and the abilities to have tattoo's and peircing's.

But hey, I'm not complaining. The game is great.

BBS Signature