New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dejanus
Dejanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-18 16:30:49 Reply

At 7/18/06 03:53 PM, -Swany- wrote: IF YOU DID NOT DO THE MAIN QUEST YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ THIS

I completed the Main Quest today and the High Chancellor said that he rewards me with some Dragon Armor.. Was he supposed to give it to me then or do I get it later? because I have no armor..

You have to wait two weeks while the armor is prepared and then your journal will notify you. It has good elemental protection but the armor isnt near as good as Daedric gear.

Gamertag: Dejanus
Mr. Strelok, I presume?

BBS Signature
Raven-The-Hedgehog
Raven-The-Hedgehog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-18 16:40:19 Reply

At 7/18/06 11:53 AM, Deuteronomy wrote: Hey guys i have my eyes on the bow of inernal fire at the dark brotherhood vendor. Anybody have an idea how to get 10,000 gold?

10,000 gold? I have 50,000, not to know what to make of... Y'know, when you get higher levels, you'll get better stuff to sell to and such... That's how I get money...

Dejanus
Dejanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-18 16:51:58 Reply

To get unlimited money, go to Dorians house in talos plaza, bribe dorian to the limit, hit him once, lead him upstairs, then kill him and take his gold. It wont go away until you leave the room and its not stealing!

Gamertag: Dejanus
Mr. Strelok, I presume?

BBS Signature
Daagah
Daagah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-18 17:55:13 Reply

Good day, my fellow geeks

I dowloaded this patch thing, it was called "Natural Environments" or something.
This added "Natural Weather" to the game.

Natural my ASS. The weather itself, was natural. But it isn't natural if it turns on and off every damn minute. The rest of the patch is fucking awesome though!

My head feels weird after playing it in 3days on a row, I've just had dinner-breaks.
I can't believe that I didn't start doing anything for the dark brotherhood until recently, it is the coolest guild to be member in (the rewards are the beeest). The Mages guild sucks though, I risk my life on stuff, but do I get any money? NO WAI >:U

And the reason that I'm writing this, is because I just had another CTD(crash to desktop). God, those are starting to get annoying. It sometimes gets so bad that I can't turn off the computer (after failing atempts of starting the game again) without taking the power off (which I hate, because it feels like I'm slowly killing my computer when I do it).

So, yeah.. Back to the Cyrodiil then, see ya fellow oblivion playahs' yo!

..my head feels weird

when life gives you lemons

BBS Signature
yourganadie
yourganadie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-19 08:31:10 Reply

now oblivion is m isnt that stupid

BBS Signature
newgroundsluvr
newgroundsluvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-20 15:12:07 Reply

At 7/18/06 11:53 AM, Deuteronomy wrote: Hey guys i have my eyes on the bow of inernal fire at the dark brotherhood vendor. Anybody have an idea how to get 10,000 gold?

You can do the Ayleid statue quest from Umbacano. To get it you have to get an Ayleid statue in one of ten ruins and sell it. One of the ruins is in Vilverain. It's that dungeon you see the second you get out of the sewers at the beginning of the game. It's across the lake.

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature
Rufus-Chamberlain
Rufus-Chamberlain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-20 20:05:41 Reply

hi guys. i have a predicament. I've begun my work for the Dark Brotherhood and i need to get into the abandoned house. problem is, i have no lockpicks and don't know where to buy them. what the eff should i do?

(besides maraud around the creepy forts and caves looting chests for lockpicks.)
newgroundsluvr
newgroundsluvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-20 21:39:38 Reply

You can join the thieves guild and buy some from Armand Christoff. Also you can look in random crates if people's houses and if your lucky you may find one.

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature
Rufus-Chamberlain
Rufus-Chamberlain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-21 06:44:25 Reply

At 7/20/06 09:39 PM, newgroundsluvr wrote: You can join the thieves guild and buy some from Armand Christoff. Also you can look in random crates if people's houses and if your lucky you may find one.

cool. i think i've been asked to join but i'm not sure. i don't wanna look up guides as they'll spoil the game a little bit for me but this guy wants me to steal something from weatherleah and when i tried to buy something from him he was like 'Me? I don't buy or sell anything!' so i think i'm in. thanks for the help anyway.

JediKiller1
JediKiller1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-21 06:59:43 Reply

Hey can I join? I've only been playing for a week but I have a level 10 nord (just didn't want to level up too much) With master of alchemy, mistcysm and amorer. Sign of the sign of the warrior and class of knight.

I also have a question. What's the easiest way to get renown up to 15 from 14 with 2 infamy?

BBS Signature
MeMB
MeMB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-21 08:54:30 Reply

If you experience problems or slowness with Oblivion on the 360, you might want to try a cold boot. A cold boot is a feature Bethesda added into Oblivion which will clear the Oblivion cache on the harddrive. To do this, just launch the game, and immediately press and hold the A button. Keep it pressed until you reach the main menu. This will not affect your savegame in any way. It just clears the cache, which can get quite clogged after extended periods of playing the game. This will speed up load times alot, and may even fix some other problems.

BBS Signature
DeuteronomySkulls
DeuteronomySkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-21 08:57:51 Reply

At 7/21/06 06:59 AM, jedikiller1 wrote: Hey can I join? I've only been playing for a week but I have a level 10 nord (just didn't want to level up too much) With master of alchemy, mistcysm and amorer. Sign of the sign of the warrior and class of knight.

I also have a question. What's the easiest way to get renown up to 15 from 14 with 2 infamy?

Dude, I've had the game for 2 months and I'm still level 5 :D I don't play it too much, doesn't seem that addicting too much. And I keep making new players.

BBS Signature
BigBossSnake
BigBossSnake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-21 10:12:38 Reply

I will join. I got the xbox 360 as soon as it came out and i also got elder scrolls as soon as it came out.

My main character is a khajjit with black fur and incredibly high stealth skills. I own the Dark Brotherhood as a listener. I am in The Theives guild as a bandit. I am an associate in the fighters guild. I am Pretty sure I am Level 6. I have not started the main quest because from my information I have heard that the oblivion gates do not appear as fast if you don't start it right away. I know some pretty cool stuff about Elder scrolls IV oblivion. I know alot of secrets that arent even meant to be secrets. They were merely accidents from the programmers. Ask me for cool mistakes from programmers. I have the wizards tower and the Theif's hideout I have never died. My main weapons are The blade of woe ( a magical ebony dagger ) Shadowhunt ( a magical bow ). My main armor is, Robe of the black hand, Hood of the black hand, Iron light sheild. Oh I forgot I am the grand champion in the arena.

BigBossSnake
BigBossSnake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-21 10:17:40 Reply

Sorry for double posting but I know almost everything about Elder scrolls 4 oblivion If u give me your e-mail i can send you cheats, walkthroughs or even just help with stats

newgroundsluvr
newgroundsluvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-21 13:05:52 Reply

At 7/21/06 06:44 AM, _Rhys_ wrote: cool. i think i've been asked to join but i'm not sure. i don't wanna look up guides as they'll spoil the game a little bit for me but this guy wants me to steal something from weatherleah and when i tried to buy something from him he was like 'Me? I don't buy or sell anything!' so i think i'm in. thanks for the help anyway.

Well he IS one of the fences that will buy your stolen stuff but you have to get pretty far in the guild to get access to him. That quest is not part of the Thieves Guild.

To get in the Thieve's Guild you either have to go to jail and SERVE YOUR TIME or you can read a wanted poster of the Gray Fox and talk to a beggar in the Waterfront district and persuade him bit and he will tell you whre to go.

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature
Daagah
Daagah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-21 19:11:50 Reply

Anyways, some of you guys might know who "adoring fan" is, soo here's the thing:

He found me right outside Anvil, he said "by azura by azura" ect. So, I started hating him after 6 seconds. So I told him to stay here, and so he did.

Some months later: I saw some movies on youtube with him, and it looked so fun, so I dicided that I should find him again. So I go to Anvil, but he wasn't there anymore! He wasn't at the Arena either.

So, yeah, this question might sound weird (why the hell would I want to find him?) but is there any way that I could find him without searching all over Cyrodiil?

BBS Signature
MeMB
MeMB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-22 09:16:27 Reply

I lost my fan too, it's quite crappy, because I told him to stay put when I went to battle, to prevent him from dying. Then when I came back, he was gone... :(

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Voice Actor
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-22 11:21:15 Reply

Just made a Khajjit Assasin, he is already lvl 14 after 1 hour of gameplay, lol alchmey is so easy to raise, as is sneak and acrobatics.

BBS Signature
Rufus-Chamberlain
Rufus-Chamberlain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-22 13:16:41 Reply

At 7/21/06 01:05 PM, newgroundsluvr wrote: To get in the Thieve's Guild you either have to go to jail and SERVE YOUR TIME or you can read a wanted poster of the Gray Fox and talk to a beggar in the Waterfront district and persuade him bit and he will tell you whre to go.

funny thing is, i found a little thieves guild meeting while on my way to an assassination...

i was at the waterfront and was jumping round from building to building when i caught a little meeting taking place. an argonian and Kajit were talking to some imperial named something christofe (sp?) when i asked them they said if i wanna join the thieves id have to ask him. didn't have time so i snuck on the pirate ship and slaughtered em all :D

and now i have a problem -_-

im doing the Bravil (i think) mages guild recommendation quest and i was fighting zombies in the cave to get to the guy. problem is i kinda hacked him up a lil and now he wont stop running away from me. what do i do to stop him fleeing?

Redface
Redface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-22 15:43:41 Reply

hey have any of you guys gotten the Mehrunes' Razor download yet? bit's pretty fucking dope, good deal for $3.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature
newgroundsluvr
newgroundsluvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-23 14:15:52 Reply

At 7/22/06 01:16 PM, _Rhys_ wrote: im doing the Bravil (i think) mages guild recommendation quest and i was fighting zombies in the cave to get to the guy. problem is i kinda hacked him up a lil and now he wont stop running away from me. what do i do to stop him fleeing?

The only thing I can think of is to use a calming spell on him. Or just follow him around and wait till he's not afraid of you.

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature
Daagah
Daagah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-23 17:54:57 Reply

At 7/22/06 01:16 PM, _Rhys_ wrote: im doing the Bravil (i think) mages guild recommendation quest and i was fighting zombies in the cave to get to the guy. problem is i kinda hacked him up a lil and now he wont stop running away from me. what do i do to stop him fleeing?

I REALLY don't know it this'll work. But have you tried yielding at him? (Blocking and pressing space(if you're on a computer that is)) I think that it only works if he's actually attacking you, but give it a try yo

Good news: I FOUND MEH FANBOY :D he was behind the couch all the time!

BBS Signature
Rufus-Chamberlain
Rufus-Chamberlain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-24 10:28:32 Reply

At 7/23/06 05:54 PM, Daagah wrote: I REALLY don't know it this'll work. But have you tried yielding at him? (Blocking and pressing space(if you're on a computer that is)) I think that it only works if he's actually attacking you, but give it a try yo

i figured it out before i read this -

hacked the shit out of him some more and then yielded kinda like you said. if i went straight to yield he'd still just run.

been so long i am now the Guild Master of the thieve's guild. huzza....

the grey cowl on Nocturna is a bit shit. i get a 500g unshakable bounty and everyone wants to kill me. that said it is a laugh.

Good news: I FOUND MEH FANBOY :D he was behind the couch all the time!

LMAOnaise. you serious?

Poison-Rat
Poison-Rat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-24 10:52:04 Reply

At 7/24/06 10:28 AM, _Rhys_ wrote:
At 7/23/06 05:54 PM, Daagah wrote: Good news: I FOUND MEH FANBOY :D he was behind the couch all the time!
LMAOnaise. you serious?

Not really, he was standing in the water in the arena-area, where I couldn't see him. Can't remember that I placed him there though :\

Oh well, time for some icecream.

Daagah
Daagah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-24 10:54:34 Reply

At 7/24/06 10:52 AM, Poison-Rat wrote:
At 7/24/06 10:28 AM, _Rhys_ wrote:
At 7/23/06 05:54 PM, Daagah wrote: Good news: I FOUND MEH FANBOY :D he was behind the couch all the time!
LMAOnaise. you serious?
Not really, he was standing in the water in the arena-area, where I couldn't see him. Can't remember that I placed him there though :\

Oh well, time for some icecream.

Woops, wrong account. I should really stop using other peoples accounts =P

BBS Signature
DeuteronomySkulls
DeuteronomySkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-25 01:12:16 Reply

How exactly do I get better light armor? Right now Im a level 7 and I wear light armor. In the stargety guide it says you can get glass chainmail and so on, but how exactly?

BBS Signature
Raven-The-Hedgehog
Raven-The-Hedgehog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-25 05:16:23 Reply

At 7/25/06 01:12 AM, Deuteronomy wrote: How exactly do I get better light armor? Right now Im a level 7 and I wear light armor. In the stargety guide it says you can get glass chainmail and so on, but how exactly?

It requires certain levels. Glass, for example... You can't get it before you're level 20, Elven armor about 15. Mithril is about 10, I think, and Chainmail is about your level.

DeuteronomySkulls
DeuteronomySkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-25 14:25:20 Reply

At 7/25/06 05:16 AM, Raven_The_Hedgehog wrote: It requires certain levels. Glass, for example... You can't get it before you're level 20, Elven armor about 15. Mithril is about 10, I think, and Chainmail is about your level.

But where do i get it? Does it just eventually show up in dungeons and loot?

BBS Signature
Rufus-Chamberlain
Rufus-Chamberlain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-25 15:59:43 Reply

At 7/25/06 02:25 PM, Deuteronomy wrote:
At 7/25/06 05:16 AM, Raven_The_Hedgehog wrote: It requires certain levels. Glass, for example... You can't get it before you're level 20, Elven armor about 15. Mithril is about 10, I think, and Chainmail is about your level.
But where do i get it? Does it just eventually show up in dungeons and loot?

yeah pretty much. bandits and people get better weapons as you go along. just slaughter 'em and take what they got. i don't know where to buy more unique armour. I just take quests for armour or kill people who're wearing armour i like. Plus i've got a mod - the name escapes me - which lets you wear any armour on anyone you've killed. like the guard captains and Daedra. 'Tis pretty cool in my opinion.

- - - -

could anyone suggest some good mods? i wanna flesh out the game as much as i can cause it's addictive.

Rufus-Chamberlain
Rufus-Chamberlain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-07-26 09:13:14 Reply

I'm having problems with a few mods i purchased. I got the Thieve's Den, Orrery, Vile Lair, Wizard's Tower and even Horse Armor. I've put them in my data folder and they show up on the game start but when im actually in-game nothing happens. help? :(