New Topic Respond to this Topic
HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 02:32:24 Reply

Mind if I join the club? I just got the game today, and have been playing it all day.

I'm a Wood Elf, and a custom class called Ranger.

I got it for PC. I surprised it even ran at all, but it's running on about an average of 25 FPS.

Jason Becker, will of steel. | Django Reinhardt, the greatest.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 03:13:04 Reply

At 3/27/06 02:32 AM, HellzYeahCCR wrote: Mind if I join the club? I just got the game today, and have been playing it all day.

I'm a Wood Elf, and a custom class called Ranger.

I got it for PC. I surprised it even ran at all, but it's running on about an average of 25 FPS.

Sure.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I seem to be quite knowledgable on the game already.

PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 05:41:10 Reply

Yeah Canas is the man.

I have a question. Do you know where I can train Blade skill?

BBS Signature
Hoaders
Hoaders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 11:14:56 Reply

At 3/27/06 02:32 AM, HellzYeahCCR wrote: I got it for PC. I surprised it even ran at all, but it's running on about an average of 25 FPS.

Is it good graphics on the computer, because i reccon a 360s' atmosphere would be so much better, because of the bigger screen and the fact that you can just cotch it with the controller. Oh and what memory are you running it on?

BBS Signature
Daagah
Daagah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 13:56:40 Reply

Awesome, a Oblivion faction. Oblivion is without a doubt the most awesome game I've ever played..

Could I join this? Im a big fan of the elder scroll series, and I got Oblivion for my PC 4 days ago. I am currently a level 6 Redguard. Dressed in a Dark Brotherhood outfit, grand champion in the Arena. Hell, I'll take some screenshots or something.

Btw, do anyone of you have some tips on where/how to get lockpicks? I've been looking everywhere. Other people are saying that I should talk to this Thiefs Guild guy, but I cant buy anything from him >:| Anyone?

when life gives you lemons

BBS Signature
xpmonster
xpmonster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 14:23:14 Reply

ok i just got the game for pc and i think its the best game ever BTW iam a dark elf assasin

PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 15:02:17 Reply

At 3/27/06 01:56 PM, Daagah wrote: Awesome, a Oblivion faction. Oblivion is without a doubt the most awesome game I've ever played..

Could I join this? Im a big fan of the elder scroll series, and I got Oblivion for my PC 4 days ago. I am currently a level 6 Redguard. Dressed in a Dark Brotherhood outfit, grand champion in the Arena. Hell, I'll take some screenshots or something.

Btw, do anyone of you have some tips on where/how to get lockpicks? I've been looking everywhere. Other people are saying that I should talk to this Thiefs Guild guy, but I cant buy anything from him >:| Anyone?

Check the shady dealer. Fast travel to the stable. Then continue to walk along the walls towards the stable. He should be leaning against it a little farther along, His name is Shady Sam I believe. He always has about 30 lockpicks on him.

BBS Signature
AngryToaster
AngryToaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 15:48:31 Reply

How do I find the Thieves Guild?

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 15:49:30 Reply

Freakish, you can add me on Xbox Live - DirtySyk0 (A zero not an O.)

I'm out of the house for three days though, so I won't be on until Wednesday night probably.

So, Jerry, how are you not bored of the game yet? It sounds like you've done everything there is to do. What's left for you?

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 15:51:20 Reply

At 3/27/06 03:48 PM, AngryToaster wrote: How do I find the Thieves Guild?

Go to Imperial Waterfront, then find those shabby looking houses near the water. You know, those wooden shacks? At midnight, look around those wooden shacks, and you'll find a guy holding a torch with two other people next to him. Talk to the torch guy, he will give you a mission to do to join the thieve's guild, do it, and you're in.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

BBS Signature
Brad
Brad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 16:17:08 Reply

Hey, buying the game today in an hour. Was wondering, which race you all think is most elite/overall good. Or if its basically same race specs like in Morrowind. Thanks in advance.

Daagah
Daagah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 17:15:00 Reply

At 3/27/06 04:17 PM, Tiny_Brad wrote: Hey, buying the game today in an hour. Was wondering, which race you all think is most elite/overall good. Or if its basically same race specs like in Morrowind. Thanks in advance.

Depends on what you want to be. A thief, warrior ect.
For a warrior: Imperial, Orc and/or Nord I think
For a thief: Khajiit, Argonian would be the best choises

But overall, think that The Darkelf is the overall best.
Try this site SITE

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 17:20:52 Reply

At 3/27/06 05:41 AM, PrettyMuchBryce wrote: I have a question. Do you know where I can train Blade skill?

Don't bother.

Chances are, the blademaster cannot train you past the level you are at. Most of them can't as long as you have a mediocre level. If you manage to actually be able to LEARN more, which I highly doubt, it'll be a good thousand or so down the drain anyways.

Chop rats.

:)

At 3/27/06 01:56 PM, Daagah wrote: Btw, do anyone of you have some tips on where/how to get lockpicks?

That redgaurd down at midnight near the Imperial Waterfront. Of course, i'm quite POSITIVE you have to get an invite to the Thieves guild first. If it says at the top of your screen "New topic: Lockpick", you should be able to buy them from him. But i'm quite sure you'll have to join.

At 3/27/06 03:01 PM, theodor wrote: But can I join regardless?

Of course.

At 3/27/06 03:26 PM, theodor wrote: I do not like this feature, sure it speeds up game play, but it's unrealistic and too close to a cheat for my liking. I personally would rather spend an hour or two traversing hills and the likes rather than just skip ahead to the town. Infact I may even download a mod to disable it all together.

It comes in handy. And at least you can't fast travel to places you haven't been. I didn't like it at first either, compared to Morrowind, this seemed like cheating. But i'm glad it's there now.

(I still walk. I don't like horseback either)

At 3/27/06 03:48 PM, AngryToaster wrote: How do I find the Thieves Guild?

You NEED an invite.

Matt keeps giving you shitty information, like he gave me.

In order to get an invite, go STEAL SHIT. Steal a whole bunch of shit from a whole bunch of people. Have a rest, and then someone will appear when you wake up with a note. THEN you go to the Waterfront and midnight.

At 3/27/06 03:49 PM, DirtySyko wrote: So, Jerry, how are you not bored of the game yet? It sounds like you've done everything there is to do. What's left for you?

You don't get bored of Elder Scrolls games, Matt.

I haven't done a fraction of ANYTHING yet. Believe me.

Plus, I accidentally saved over my Saved Game where I beat the storyline with my NEW game. So... i've got some work. At least my achievements still stand.

=\

I've not even seen a decent portion of all the monsters in the game either. After turning up my difficulty, I finally began running into full Minotaurs, Spider Daedra, Daedroths, Grown Clanfears, and the other Antronachs.

If you ever get bored, there is a book in one of the Mages Guild's display case. (May be Bruma), it describes all the legendary items of Tamriel. Most of these items, if not all, are items from Morrowind. You can start looking if you want, but there ain't a single clue where they are. At least it makes you feel like you haven't got the REAL good items yet.
Daagah
Daagah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 17:25:24 Reply

Oh, and here are some screenshots:
1 : My lousy stats
2 : Here i'm standing in the Plains of Oblivion 3: The beautiful water <3

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 17:26:24 Reply

At 3/27/06 05:15 PM, Daagah wrote: Depends on what you want to be. A thief, warrior ect.
For a warrior: Imperial, Orc and/or Nord I think
For a thief: Khajiit, Argonian would be the best choises

Are the High Elves completely shitty, or is it just me?

=\

But overall, think that The Darkelf is the overall best.
Try this site SITE

Awesome site. This is what my character looks like.

Jerry
Heroic Ex-con
Male
Dark Elf (Dunmer)
The Mage
Stealth
Intelligence, Strength
Destruction, Restoration, Security, Sneak, Blade, Block, Heavy Armor

A strage combination, I know. But fuck, do I know what i'm doing.

:)

Daagah
Daagah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 17:29:26 Reply

At 3/27/06 01:56 PM, Daagah wrote: Btw, do anyone of you have some tips on where/how to get lockpicks?
If it says at the top of your screen "New topic: Lockpick", you should be able to buy them from him. But i'm quite sure you'll have to join.

I am a member of the Thiefs Guild, the problem is that it doesn't show up as a topic. So I cant buy :' ( Maybe I have to do some more quests for the thiefs? I haven't done anything for 'em.

But anyways, I found that Dark Brotherhood guy outside the castle-wall of imperial palace, so it isn't a problem anymore.

BBS Signature
HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 18:06:33 Reply

At 3/27/06 11:14 AM, Hoaders wrote: Is it good graphics on the computer, because i reccon a 360s' atmosphere would be so much better, because of the bigger screen and the fact that you can just cotch it with the controller. Oh and what memory are you running it on?

Depends on if your computer can handle it. I'm running it on medium and it looks OK. Nothing like in the previews, but Im willing to compromise for gamplay, which is very good.

Grass seems to be a major, major FPS issue. It seems to be killing alot of people FPS, so I turned off grass altogether. Sure, theres no grass, but the green ground where it should be is all I need.

And I'm stuck on a Kvatch quest. I cant find the Counts Signet Ring. Any advice?

BBS Signature
HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 18:10:55 Reply

At 3/27/06 11:14 AM, Hoaders wrote: Is it good graphics on the computer, because i reccon a 360s' atmosphere would be so much better, because of the bigger screen and the fact that you can just cotch it with the controller. Oh and what memory are you running it on?

Forgot to mention the memory in my last post. I had a fuckup with the RAM I bought so I'm running 1.81GHz, and 640 MB. Runs OK. I was very surprised!

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 18:11:44 Reply

At 3/27/06 06:06 PM, HellzYeahCCR wrote: And I'm stuck on a Kvatch quest. I cant find the Counts Signet Ring. Any advice?

It's on the dead counts body.

=\

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 18:17:03 Reply

At 3/27/06 06:11 PM, -Canas- wrote: It's on the dead counts body.

=\

Ahh. I clicked on the body and it popped up a message, and I always thought it just added. Wow do I feel dumb.

BBS Signature
DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 18:17:50 Reply

At 3/27/06 05:20 PM, -Canas- wrote:
You NEED an invite.

Matt keeps giving you shitty information, like he gave me.

No you don't dildo. I never got an invite. I just showed up to where they meet, spoke with the torch holdin guy, and he gave me my task of stealing the diary. I never, ever got an invite.

Although, before I joined I was seeing wanted posters of Gray Fox. Maybe the wanted posters have to be up before you can join, if you weren't given an invite. But either way, I WASN'T GIVEN AN INVITE >:(

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 20:27:00 Reply

At 3/27/06 06:17 PM, DirtySyko wrote: Although, before I joined I was seeing wanted posters of Gray Fox. Maybe the wanted posters have to be up before you can join, if you weren't given an invite. But either way, I WASN'T GIVEN AN INVITE >:(

WELL, COCK-GOBBLER.

Obviously an invite is prefered.

I contracted Vampirism once more on this new character, and i've been having a little fun.

Brad
Brad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 21:35:34 Reply

Great game..
Got a Dark Elf. Yay..
Now I must go explore for some guilds and get my some levelup's.
I appear to have gotten a diease though. Umm.. Is there some place on here (internet) Or in the manual(tried to find it, failed) or something where i can read up on all the cures of dieases?
Thanks.

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 21:37:18 Reply

At 3/27/06 08:27 PM, -Canas- wrote:
Obviously an invite is prefered.

I contracted Vampirism once more on this new character, and i've been having a little fun.

Man, I can't play until Wednesday, since I'm out of town. Bogus :(

BBS Signature
Brad
Brad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 23:01:42 Reply

At 3/27/06 10:59 PM, Tiny_Brad wrote: Myself being a retard.

Sorry! I did not mean to post that again, my computer fucked up. My bad guys. :(

HellzYeahCCR
HellzYeahCCR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 23:34:06 Reply

I was playing around and decided, "Hey. Why not take a screen shot?"

Heres my character.

It'd be cool if anyone else who has Oblivion for PC or a Capture Card for the 360 posted thiers, too.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-27 23:45:33 Reply

Brad, ALL diseases are cured by a "Cure Disease potion".

:o

('cept Vampirism)

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-28 00:34:03 Reply

Well, I learned that camera's don't work to take pictures of T.V's.

BEHOLD THE WHITE ORB, I APPEAR TO BE FIXATED

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-28 00:34:59 Reply

My newbie once more.

Crappy quality, I know. :(

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction 2006-03-28 02:29:30 Reply

At 3/28/06 12:34 AM, -Canas- wrote: My newbie once more.

Crappy quality, I know. :(

Nice cheek bones Michael Jackoson :P

BBS Signature