BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 03:39 PM Reply

Oh jesus christ.

Say, do you know where I can find the minimum specs for Oblivion for PC? I really want it, but my PC is hideously slow. I want to know how scaleable it is.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 3/24/06 03:39 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Oh jesus christ.

Say, do you know where I can find the minimum specs for Oblivion for PC? I really want it, but my PC is hideously slow. I want to know how scaleable it is.

I don't know if somebody posted them before, but I did catch some talk about specs. You can probably find information on gamespot, too.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 04:44 PM Reply

At 3/24/06 04:30 PM, -Canas- wrote: I don't know if somebody posted them before, but I did catch some talk about specs. You can probably find information on gamespot, too.

Ah, couldn't find it on Gamespot, but found it on a fansite.

* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse

Well, I seem to have everything, although my processor and GFX could probably do with upgrading first... i have an AMD Athlon 2400+ and a Radeon 9600 128mb... although I'm looking to get an nVidia 6800 GT or similar.

ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 3/24/06 03:29 PM, -Canas- wrote:
(
Feel free to tell me why I shouldn't give you a few weeks vacation. I'd hate to do it, but my hands are pretty tied.

I e-mailed you, To save the ass-licking from the topic.

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 06:42 PM Reply

Anybody know how to recharge your items, without having to pay somebody to do it? I can't remember how recharging worked in Morrowind :(

Also, is it possible to make your own clothes? I always find yarns and fabrics, but I don't know what else I need to create some Gucci pants for my elf.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 06:51 AM Reply

Hey Canas thanks for the reply. It's good to have some answers. I have a couple more questions though if you don't mind (and since you seem to know alot more about this game than I do)

Are the guilds different in each town? Like if I join the mages guild in one town am I not in it in the other?

Are there any downsides to joining the dark brotherhood and thieves guilds?

Do you know where the guilds are in the main town.

BBS Signature
AngryToaster
AngryToaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 07:13 AM Reply

I shall be purchasing this game in a few hours with the trading in of PGR3 and PDZ.

McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 07:35 AM Reply

I too will be purchasing it soon, iver this evening or tomorrow evening.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 3/24/06 06:42 PM, DirtySyko wrote: Anybody know how to recharge your items, without having to pay somebody to do it? I can't remember how recharging worked in Morrowind :(

Varla stones can be found in ruins. They recharge.

Soul trapping monsters in gems can also recharge your items.

Also, is it possible to make your own clothes? I always find yarns and fabrics, but I don't know what else I need to create some Gucci pants for my elf.

Don't think so. Just for decoration of the game. You may enchant your own, i'm sure, which is as close as you'll get.

At 3/25/06 06:51 AM, PrettyMuchBryce wrote: Hey Canas thanks for the reply. It's good to have some answers. I have a couple more questions though if you don't mind (and since you seem to know alot more about this game than I do)

:D

Are the guilds different in each town? Like if I join the mages guild in one town am I not in it in the other?

No, that's just silly. One guild, several locations.

Are there any downsides to joining the dark brotherhood and thieves guilds?

Yea, the downside of joining the Dark Brotherhood is the fact that you may become extremely rich and powerful. Of course, some people like this sort of thing.

:)

Do you know where the guilds are in the main town.

No guilds in the Imperial City.

------------------

Aaanyways, my new character is coming along quite nicely. Currently level 19, equiped with Elven and Glass weaponry, and I've spent 40,000 gold on my house in Cheydinhal. I'm listener in the Dark Brotherhood, and the Grand Champion at the Arena.

More importantly, i've been a vampire for about 30 days. The effects are quite marvelous, as i've been able to boost my sneak level to 98. And I find it easy to feed on the living.

But i have started to morph into a much more sinister vampire. If I rest at any point in the game, I will develop new skills. Most of which, I don't want. (can't walk in daylight). Currently, I am not shunned by the public, nor does daylight hurt me. But I haven't been able to sleep and gain my levels for quite some time for fear of undergoing these negative changes.

I've been searching for the Vampirism cure, and i'm quite close. The last ingredient I need is NIGHTSHADE. A lovely little flower that I can't seem to find. If ANYBODY knows someone who sells this, or where to find, it, let me know.

Thanks

Hoaders
Hoaders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 3/25/06 05:33 PM, -Canas- wrote: Description of vamparism and what not.

God damn you make this game sound awesome. I want it... is it worth buying it for the computer?
I was playing it today round a friends, he bought it the other day, turns out he had contracted brain rot, when a wolf had taken a chunk out of his leg... didn't stay long enough to see the effects, any chance of filling me in?

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 3/25/06 06:24 PM, -Ecstasy wrote: God damn you make this game sound awesome. I want it... is it worth buying it for the computer?

You'd need at least a gig of RAM, but it'd be worth playing even if it was laggy.

I was playing it today round a friends, he bought it the other day, turns out he had contracted brain rot, when a wolf had taken a chunk out of his leg... didn't stay long enough to see the effects, any chance of filling me in?

Brain rot would just be a simple disease. Like the other fifty or so. It would only have the negative effects of lowering his stats for a bit until he got a cure. Vampirism, on the other hand, takes three days to set in once you have contracted it. It acts as a normal disease for that period of time, but after three days it's incurable. (unless you start the quest to purge your Dark Gift, blah blah blah, it's a bitch and a half to do)

I'm gonna go roam the country-side in search of some ruins, or maybe a necromancer or two.

Hoaders
Hoaders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 3/25/06 06:33 PM, -Canas- wrote: You'd need at least a gig of RAM, but it'd be worth playing even if it was laggy.

yay i have 1.2 gig :)

I'm gonna go roam the country-side in search of some ruins, or maybe a necromancer or two.
)

rub it in my face why don't you :(

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 3/25/06 06:39 PM, -Ecstasy wrote: rub it in my face why don't you :(

I'm sure you'll be doing so soon.

MIght I add that there are is an extensive difficulty setting. It's a slow scrolling scroll-bar to change the difficulty easier or harder. No worries about being too strong or too weak. And it's adjustable at any time.

:))

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 07:16 PM Reply

I bumped up the difficulty setting a large bit. And uh... minotaurs are fucking huge.

O_O

Anyways, I found some nightshade quite easily on the country-side, just as I had planned. My cure for vampirism will be ready in a day. =\

Should I... drink it?

PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 01:14 PM Reply

Hey Canas thanks for your reply. Since you've told me about the dark brotherhood I too have become a listener (and have been enjoying the 200 gold a week. By the way do you happen to know what a week is in elder scrolls. The days are all different and such)

I am a vampire too and don't really mind it. I really like seeing in the dark and I don't find it too annoying to feed off people (usually beggars who sleep on the streets) / only go out at night. I was wondering how you gain levels so quickly? I've been playing quite a bit but am only level 5.

Also, do closing the oblivion gates do.. anything really are they a part of the main quest (having to do with getting the amulet back).

One more thing. Whats the easiest way to collect money for you? I'm looking to buy a house but only have about 6 thousand gold. (i want something nice)

Thanks again Canas.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 3/26/06 01:14 PM, PrettyMuchBryce wrote: Hey Canas thanks for your reply. Since you've told me about the dark brotherhood I too have become a listener (and have been enjoying the 200 gold a week. By the way do you happen to know what a week is in elder scrolls. The days are all different and such)

You should be able to guess what days of the week are by the names. "Sundas = Sunday", "Fridas = Friday" etc.

I am a vampire too and don't really mind it. I really like seeing in the dark and I don't find it too annoying to feed off people (usually beggars who sleep on the streets) / only go out at night. I was wondering how you gain levels so quickly? I've been playing quite a bit but am only level 5.

Since I played Morrowind so much, I already knew of skills that boost your level speedily. I also bumped the difficulty up a great bit in order to make training more difficult.

Also, do closing the oblivion gates do.. anything really are they a part of the main quest (having to do with getting the amulet back).

Nope.

I thought the would be, but the only point of closing the Oblivion gates is getting the stones, which can magically enhance your items.

One more thing. Whats the easiest way to collect money for you? I'm looking to buy a house but only have about 6 thousand gold. (i want something nice)

Ayelied runes, mostly. Varla stones found in the ruins are worth 1000, and Welkynd stones are plentiful and worth a good bit.

Thanks again Canas.

Anyways, I beat the main quest last night. I... wasn't expecting it to be over so quickly, but I assure that it was quite epic and intense. Afterwards, the gates of Oblivion closed and I did not have the opportunity to collect some better Sigil stones.

I think I just may become a vampire again....

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 02:38 PM Reply

I think i'll start a new character.

I feel that I rushed through this one too much. At level 20, I beat the main storyline. I don't think I obtained enough Sigil stones either, and I'd like to try out many different skills.

But should I remain Dark Elf...

PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 02:52 PM Reply

Wow i'm suprised you beat it so quickly. I never played morrowind so I don't know much about which skills make you level up quicker and what not. I am taking my time doing alot of side things. Are there any other guilds besides

Brotherhood
Theifs
Fighters
Mages?

Thanks for the quick replys.

BBS Signature
AngryToaster
AngryToaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 04:27 PM Reply

I got the game yesterday, and I played it all of last night and most of today. It's fun.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 04:33 PM Reply

At 3/26/06 02:52 PM, PrettyMuchBryce wrote: Wow i'm suprised you beat it so quickly. I never played morrowind so I don't know much about which skills make you level up quicker and what not. I am taking my time doing alot of side things. Are there any other guilds besides

Acrobatics is the key to leveling up quickly. But in Oblivion, Sneak is the easiest skill to level.

Brotherhood
Theifs
Fighters
Mages?

To be honest, i'm not thinking there is. :(

Thanks for the quick replys.
At 3/26/06 04:27 PM, AngryToaster wrote: I got the game yesterday, and I played it all of last night and most of today. It's fun.

Cocks.

Well guys. I accidentally saved over my game with my new game. I guess i'm forced to start from sratch now.

=\

New Char: Sneak, Security, Blade, Heavy Armor, Destruction, Restoration, Block
Brad
Brad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 04:34 PM Reply

Hey I don't know if this has been asked yet so here I go!
In morrowind, you could create a hm.. a spell i believe and it would enhance your abilities/whatever . So say you had like 50 str, you create your spell, you cast it, and if you did the right things it would enhance some of your attributes a certain amount. Now you could do this in Morrowind. I'm wondering if its possible to do it in this game?
Basically if you know what I'm talking about from Morrowind, then please do check if it works in Oblivion.
thanks.

still havent gotten the game :(
PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 05:46 PM Reply

At 3/26/06 04:34 PM, Tiny_Brad wrote: Hey I don't know if this has been asked yet so here I go!
In morrowind, you could create a hm.. a spell i believe and it would enhance your abilities/whatever . So say you had like 50 str, you create your spell, you cast it, and if you did the right things it would enhance some of your attributes a certain amount. Now you could do this in Morrowind. I'm wondering if its possible to do it in this game?
Basically if you know what I'm talking about from Morrowind, then please do check if it works in Oblivion.
thanks.
still havent gotten the game :(

I know you can create spells, but you can only create them if you are high up in the mages guild (which i'm not yet). Hopefully someone else has an answer for you, though.

BBS Signature
Shake-The-Saint
Shake-The-Saint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 3/22/06 03:44 PM, -Canas- wrote: Just contracted Vampirism, haha.

Should I cure it?

>:)

CANAS Tell me how to get vampirism! I keep getting poryphric hemophilia. I even got bit by that brotherhood guy. each time, I wait three days then sleep. WHAT WITH THE NO VAMPIRISM! I'm sad now, fuck.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 3/26/06 06:03 PM, Shake-The_Saint wrote: CANAS Tell me how to get vampirism! I keep getting poryphric hemophilia. I even got bit by that brotherhood guy. each time, I wait three days then sleep. WHAT WITH THE NO VAMPIRISM! I'm sad now, fuck.

What race are you?

At 3/26/06 04:34 PM, Tiny_Brad wrote: Basically if you know what I'm talking about from Morrowind, then please do check if it works in Oblivion.

The soultrap cheat is taken out of the game, because it was just that.

A lame cheat.

Shake-The-Saint
Shake-The-Saint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 10:27 PM Reply

I'm a dark elf.

Freakish-Beast
Freakish-Beast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 10:42 PM Reply

If you got Xbox Live. my username is freakish beast

i want more members from newgrounds on my list XD i only got SKS xD

anyways, i bought the game on friday and its pretty good, i am actually going through the storyline and its pretty good. I am stuck in some part where i have to escape the Cult's hidden shrine becaus ei stole there book BUT I CAN"T GET OUT!!! i don't know where the gate keys are XD. its pretty good so far. the only bad things in my opinion are the TORCHES!! you always have to use them at night, and i never have any!111 the other bad part about this game is the the loading map, thats pretty annoying but overall this game is pretty kick ass.

i also bought Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter which is kick ASS!!!! i want to do a Newgrounds tournament for this game but i want to see how many are interested in it first. The thing is.....Battlefield 2 comes out on Wednesday? So, i will go out and probably buy Battlefield and do a tournament for that instead, or maybe farcry. if you are interested plz reply

Brad
Brad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 11:18 PM Reply

At 3/26/06 04:34 PM, Tiny_Brad wrote: Basically if you know what I'm talking about from Morrowind, then please do check if it works in Oblivion.
The soultrap cheat is taken out of the game, because it was just that.

A lame cheat.\

Haha, thanks for telling.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 26th, 2006 @ 11:26 PM Reply

At 3/26/06 10:27 PM, Shake-The_Saint wrote: I'm a dark elf.

Then you're obviously doing something wrong, or you cured it by accident.

At 3/26/06 10:42 PM, Freakish_Beast wrote: BUT I CAN"T GET OUT!!! i don't know where the gate keys are XD. its pretty good so far.

Did you kill the sacrifice, wait for everybody to leave and murder the guy with your stuff? After that, I simply snuck out. It was a long fucking way, though.

the only bad things in my opinion are the TORCHES!! you always have to use them at night, and i never have any!

Turn your brightness up.

Freakish-Beast
Freakish-Beast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 27th, 2006 @ 12:06 AM Reply

i know its a long way cause i ran the whole thing just dodging everything but when you reach the end of one part, the gates are closed! will they eventaully open? will i have to kill every guy in there?

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 27th, 2006 @ 12:21 AM Reply

At 3/27/06 12:06 AM, Freakish_Beast wrote: i know its a long way cause i ran the whole thing just dodging everything but when you reach the end of one part, the gates are closed! will they eventaully open? will i have to kill every guy in there?

You have to take a different exit, sillypants. There is a lever on the wall to open up a rock door at the end of the seperate path