New Topic Respond to this Topic
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
"Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 03:28 PM Reply

As you most certainly know if you are reading this, Elder Scrolls IV came out only a few days ago. I myself picked up a 360 the day of its release, just to play it. There have been a few attempts at a club like this before, but they seemed to have either died, or never worked at all.

I'll lay down a few ground rules.

-----------------

1. Discussions must stay on the general topic of Elder Scrolls IV. Whether it be questions about the game, cheats, etc. As a moderator, I will be closely watching and participating in most of the conversations. So there is no sense in trying to slip anything by.

2. Bashing is prohibited. If you came in here to insult the game or gamers, you'll find that you may not be posting for a long while.

3. It is required that in order to sign up for this club, one must state their race, classification, and any general information deemed suitable.

4. Spoilers are most certainly unwelcome. One can still discuss their position in the game without destroying the plotline for others.

5. Have fun. :)

-----------------

I played the hell out of Morrowind, and I find this game much more difficult so far. I'm level 6, and i'm still searching for the Thieves Guild. I made a custom class called "Nightblade", and it just so happened they already had a Nightblade class. Mine was a bit different, focusing on Alteration, Illusion, Destruction, Blade, Sneak, Acrobatics, and Athletics. I've found that sneak is horribly easy to upgrade now, and before I even CHOSE my class I already had level 30. =\

Anyways, for those of you who have the game, please take part in discussing it with others and myself. I'd love to hear some feedback from others players.

Thanks.

AngryToaster
AngryToaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 03:34 PM Reply

Fuck you Canas.

You finally get a 360 when the game that I want comes out, and it will take me awhile to get that game due to money problems.

Fuck you.

<3
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 03:38 PM Reply

At 3/22/06 03:34 PM, AngryToaster wrote: Fuck you Canas.

You finally get a 360 when the game that I want comes out, and it will take me awhile to get that game due to money problems.

Fuck you.

<3

Every citizen in my province received a $400 surplus because we are all so rich from oil.

:D

I had no money either, tee-hee.

I actually preordered a 360 and Elder Scrolls ten days ago, I never would've guessed they'd both come in the same day. I've been playing it so much my head just may explode, Rich.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 03:44 PM Reply

Just contracted Vampirism, haha.

Should I cure it?

>:)

McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Im new to morrowind series, but I tend to follow the crowd like a sheep when there is a "big release" out. Will it be easy to pickup for someone new to it? I am a fan of MMORPG/RPG 's even thoe this is single player. Its £24.99 which I can afford, is it worth it?

Ps: Is a 6600gt 128mb graphic card enough to run on an enjoyable setting?

BBS Signature
Painkillers
Painkillers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 3/22/06 03:51 PM, McPaper wrote:

From what I hear, If you have enough RAM and a good PCU speed. Then yes.

Also, I played morrowind to death, mods and what-not.

So it's worth buying? (I can't afford it 'till April :( )

McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 3/22/06 04:10 PM, OhNoesAnotherAlt wrote:

1gm ram and 3200 ghz. Sounds ok to me.

BBS Signature
Painkillers
Painkillers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 3/22/06 04:18 PM, McPaper wrote:

http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

Test your self. It can see if your machine is up to spec.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 04:34 PM Reply

It's worth it, but it's quite difficult to jump into. A lot less confusing than other RPG's, and you're gonna need a lot of time on your hands.

Painkillers
Painkillers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 3/22/06 04:34 PM, -Canas- wrote: It's worth it, but it's quite difficult to jump into. A lot less confusing than other RPG's, and you're gonna need a lot of time on your hands.

Not a problem timewise, Now I need to get my processer upgraded from 1.5GHZ to 2.5..

; Also, Canas? Like my owl related sig?

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 05:03 PM Reply

Might as well join this club before it gets too big and out of control. I had my copy preordered so I picked it up yesterday, but I haven't been playing as much as you, Mr. Jerry sir. You see, I was busy playing a 60 people poker tournament yesterday, which I won. I was flossing my hoodie and aviator sunglasses, much like Phil Laak, and they also gave me the nickname Unabomber. I've been playing the shit out of poker lately. A lot of bar tournament style poker. I've been getting great places too. Usually there are 40 to 60 people, and my places have gone: 3rd, 1st, 1st, 4th, 2nd, 4th, 1st. There were a few times where I didn't place at all, but I've been winning more than losing. I've only gotten knocked out four times without placing. So out of eleven times I've been to the bar, I've placed seven. Not bad eh? Now I'm qualified for a big tourny coming up with a $1,000 first prize. ANYWAYS... THIS ISN'T A POKER CLUB HEHE. LET'S DISCUSS ELDER SCROLLS.

I made a Wood Elf, thief class, and didn't specialize in any magic. I'm going with bow, and blades for backup. I also majored in Sneak, so I guess I shouldn't have done that. I should have majored in Mercantile and left Sneak as a minor. Oh well.

I was also looking around for a thieve's guild, but you're further in the game than me, so it looks like I'll be waiting a bit. I might join the fighter's guild just to level up and do some side quests. So far this game is amazing, and I'll be butt fucking it for a few months at least.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 3/22/06 04:32 PM, -LolAlt- wrote:
At 3/22/06 04:18 PM, McPaper wrote:
http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

Test your self. It can see if your machine is up to spec.

Tried it already. Just about failed the req requirment, my video card is one down on recomended even thoe all of it is ticked.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 08:51 PM Reply

A wood elf?

Jesus Matt, why don't you grow a vagina while you're at it.

:)

AngryToaster
AngryToaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 08:59 PM Reply

Okay, so I'm most likely getting the game this weekend, with the trading in of PGR3 and maybe PDZ.

What class should I choose?

Cool-Points
Cool-Points
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 09:00 PM Reply

Jeez, the 360's are like... and infinity billion dollars... God I want that game and console soooo bad... :(

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 22nd, 2006 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 3/22/06 08:59 PM, AngryToaster wrote: What class should I choose?

Dark Elf.

INTENSE.

You can pretty much make almost any of the human-like races look like another. The customization is insane. I made a Dark Elf look like Samuel L. Jackson, and with a few adjustments the fucker looked identical to Keanu Reeves.

:D

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 03:23 AM Reply

Ah, done playing for the day.

Getting pretty decent. I find it's much more difficult to level up in this game than it was Morrowind. I'm currently sitting around Level 12, and i've already completed many missions for the "Dark Brotherhood", which seems to be much more interesting and secretive than the Theives.

I've got some lovely enchanted armor and an awesome hood to go with it, plus a Daedric Longsword and a Daedric Shield.

LOOK OUT MUDCRABS

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 3/23/06 03:23 AM, -Canas- wrote: LOOK OUT MUDCRABS

Hahah, those whores.

Actually, I haven't gotten ESIV yet. I actually forgot about it for a bit, being wrapped up in all these life changing situations I'm in. As soon as I get settled and have stabilized my income I think I know what's going to be on top of my shopping list.

Morrowind was sadly my life for a few good months back in the day, so I should love this game equally. PC all the way though, since I bought a system specifically for BF2 and ESIV.

So I'll just sit here and be jealous until the day comes.
By then hopefully you'll all have made terrible errors and will be able to tell me how to get off to a good start. ;)

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

xpmonster
xpmonster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 09:41 AM Reply

ILL JOIN IAM GETTING IT AND WHERE DO U LIVE ALBERTA CANADA?

Painkillers
Painkillers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 09:52 AM Reply

Ok, so i've reserved a copy to pick up sometime soon. Wish me luck on finding the cash....

Brad
Brad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 10:15 AM Reply

Question: (If you have played the third Elder Scrolls) How closely related are they? Or are they completely different? Improved stuff? Thanks, I'm trying to figure out if its worth buying or if I should not bother. I enjoyed the third one, so I want to see if the fourth is alot different/better. Thanks.

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 03:42 PM Reply

Yo Jerry, perhaps you can help me out since you're much further than me. I have two questions:

When you level up and get bonus points towards certain attributes, how are those points distributed? Like, what decides that one level you get a +3 next to speed, and at another level you don't get any bonus for speed? I was trying to figure it out and I couldn't. I thought it had to do with when you leveled up your skills. Buuuut, my blade leveled up 3 times when I was level 3, and when I hit level 4 I didn't get any bonus for strength. So do you know how it works?

Second question. I am a Wood Elf, my friend is a Dark Elf, and we both got the Thief class. When I sneak up and shoot somebody I get a x3 multiplyer and when he does it he gets x6. Why the hell is his so much higher than mine? And it has nothing to do with him being a higher level or having items that do that for him, because at the very beginning of the game, right when we got out of the sewers, he was doing x6 and I was doing x3. Any idea Jerry?

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
Painkillers
Painkillers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 3/23/06 03:42 PM, DirtySyko wrote: When I sneak up and shoot somebody I get a x3 multiplyer and when he does it he gets x6. Why the hell is his so much higher than mine? And it has nothing to do with him being a higher level or having items that do that for him, because at the very beginning of the game, right when we got out of the sewers, he was doing x6 and I was doing x3. Any idea Jerry?

Well, Perhaps dark elves get a bonus in that area? Like in the race Attributes in morrowind?

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 12:30 AM Reply

At 3/23/06 03:42 PM, DirtySyko wrote: When you level up and get bonus points towards certain attributes, how are those points distributed? Like, what decides that one level you get a +3 next to speed, and at another level you don't get any bonus for speed?

Depending on what skills you leveled up in that time, you will gain bonuses. Acrobatics is speed based, therefore if you gained several acrobatics levels within a singular main level, you would get a much better bonus on speed. It all depends on the governing attribute.

Sometimes, you may not get perfect results, due to other variables. Etc.

Second question. I am a Wood Elf, my friend is a Dark Elf, and we both got the Thief class. When I sneak up and shoot somebody I get a x3 multiplyer and when he does it he gets x6.

If his Sneak level is much higher than yours, say, past Journeyman or so, he should get a better multiplyer. I also assume that bow class weapons don't do the same sort of damage that a sword does. But if your friend uses a bow too, I may not be able to explain it other than saying that Dark Elves are naturally better assassins.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 12:32 AM Reply

At 3/23/06 10:15 AM, Tiny_Brad wrote: Question: (If you have played the third Elder Scrolls) How closely related are they? Or are they completely different? Improved stuff? Thanks, I'm trying to figure out if its worth buying or if I should not bother. I enjoyed the third one, so I want to see if the fourth is alot different/better. Thanks.

Nearly everything is better. Although I have had much difficulty finding the guilds, and It doesn't feel much like home to me yet as Balmora once did. It seems to be much more involved story-wise, and the fact that you can buy your own house is a brilliant addition. There are only improvements in this game, and it is most certainly better than Morrowind.

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 02:31 AM Reply

My new character is already level 9, and I just started him this evening.

I've saved up enough money to buy a mansion on Anvil, and I just may fix up the place nice. I was forced to make a new character due to some unwise decisions on major skills. I seem to be much happier and richer now.

:)

PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 04:10 AM Reply

At 3/24/06 02:31 AM, -Canas- wrote: My new character is already level 9, and I just started him this evening.

I've saved up enough money to buy a mansion on Anvil, and I just may fix up the place nice. I was forced to make a new character due to some unwise decisions on major skills. I seem to be much happier and richer now.

)

Couple questions.
1: How do you buy houses
2: How do you see what level you are
3: where the hell are the guilds. (Guards say on some island but I cant find it)

Thanks sorry im noob :(

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 09:50 AM Reply

At 3/24/06 04:10 AM, PrettyMuchBryce wrote: Couple questions.
1: How do you buy houses

You usually have to find the right person in each city. It's quite frustrating, as I only know of one, and you need a fair chunk of cash too. There is a man usually found at an Inn in Anvil, he'll sell you a mansion for 5,000.

2: How do you see what level you are

Opon up the menu. Use the right and left triggers to change between four different sub-menus. There should be a box highlighting your health, magicka, and fatigue after you clicked the appropriate L or R triggers. Scroll between these submenus with you directional pad and you will eventually find your level along with other basic information

3: where the hell are the guilds. (Guards say on some island but I cant find it)

There are fighters and mages guilds in almost every major town. And the quests are quite a bit more difficult than Morrowind. As for the thieves guild, one must wait until 12:00 midnight in the Imperial Waterfront and find them near some shacks. Alternatively, you can join the Dark Brotherhood by simply killing an innocent person. They will contact you.

Thanks sorry im noob :(
ButtFuckingChrist
ButtFuckingChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 10:50 AM Reply

At 3/23/06 04:31 PM, -LolAlt- wrote: Well, Perhaps dark elves get a bonus in that area? Like in the race Attributes in morrowind?

Well, now that I can get back on my main after being Minus an email adress for a while, Yes, I will join.:)

i was LolAlt Btw.
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Faction Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 3/24/06 10:50 AM, Practical wrote: Well, now that I can get back on my main after being Minus an email adress for a while, Yes, I will join.:)

You do realize that you were evading a ban... right? And that is usually grounds for a several week ban.

:(

You put me in a rough spot, bud. I enjoy your company as well as the few others that come in here but... it's clearly one of the more serious BBS offences.

:(

Feel free to tell me why I shouldn't give you a few weeks vacation. I'd hate to do it, but my hands are pretty tied.