New Topic Respond to this Topic
newgroundsluvr
newgroundsluvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Anyone play Spades? 2006-03-16 21:02:02 Reply

If you don't know Spades is a card game using normal playing cards of course. But it has become extremely popular in my school. Until recently I didn't know how to play it but it's pretty much unavoidable at my school we play spades every day at lunch!

So my question is, do any of you guys play spades at your school?

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature
Rabbi-Indie-The-Rad
Rabbi-Indie-The-Rad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone play Spades? 2006-03-16 21:03:43 Reply

long answer: No, because at my school we do not support the homosexuality that all card games entail.

short answer: no, fag.

TITROTU
TITROTU
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone play Spades? 2006-03-16 21:07:41 Reply

The only cards games I play are Solitaire, Blackjack, Poker, and Uno. :)

BBS Signature
newgroundsluvr
newgroundsluvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone play Spades? 2006-03-16 21:09:34 Reply

At 3/16/06 09:03 PM, Rabbi_Indie_The_Rad wrote: long answer: No, because at my school we do not support the homosexuality that all card games entail.

short answer: no, fag.

What the fuck makes card games gay? I mean, we don't have anything else to do while hanging out and eating.

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature
Liquid5150
Liquid5150
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Anyone play Spades? 2006-03-16 21:12:06 Reply

I like spades. I like pitch better, it's similar with a couple of twists.

With spades, spades is always the trump card. With pitch whoever bids the most tricks calls trumps. You have a partner and they try to cover your ass. You can't go nil, because there are points.
The seven points are.
High = The ace of the called trump suit.
Low = the deuce of the called trump suit.
Jack of the suit
Off jack = if the trump suit is hearts, the off jack is the jack of diamonds.
Big joker = The joker with the big joker face.
Little Joker = Think about it.
Game = the team that has the most of the other points gets and the most tricks gets a point for game.

You play just like spades except you don't get point for your bid. Only the cards I mentioned. The Jokers are unbeatable trumps, jacks are beat by kings, Queens and Aces like usual, but the point you would want to save til you are sure you get the trick.
Whichever team has the most points in their trick pile when they are done wins the hand. You usually play to 21 points to decide the winner, this can take longer than you think.

"This is my Kung Fu, and it is strong."

BBS Signature
superlunk
superlunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone play Spades? 2006-03-16 21:12:59 Reply

What the fuck is spades anyway?
Explain it.

newgroundsluvr
newgroundsluvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone play Spades? 2006-03-16 21:31:51 Reply

At 3/16/06 09:12 PM, superlunk wrote: What the fuck is spades anyway?
Explain it.

Well... you usually have 2 teams of 2 people and they are all dealed out the whole deck evenly no jokers. Person to the left go first and when they throw down a card you have to throw down a card of the same suit whoever has the highes card wins...oh and you can't throw down a spade a spade is considered any 2 and every card that is a Spade. The suits go from highest to lowest Diamonds,Hearts,Clubs,Spades.

If you don't have a card in the suit then you throw down another card and that card beats the rest unless you play something higher than the one before that. The winner then takes the cards dealt out and that is called a "book" the first team to have 7 books wins.

If you lie and deal a card that is not part of the suit even though you have one of the suit and you get caught it's called a renig and the other team get 3 books.

Unusual game I know but that's how you play. And some versions may be different so don't call me wrong. Although I may not know everything about how to play cause I just started playing.

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature