00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dad 'n Me Speed Boost

17,746 Views | 140 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-18 06:58:27

it played a lot faster than normal

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-18 07:51:40

dude its like 1million times better then the old version. I SALUTE YOU!

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-18 09:54:29

it goes much faster and it is now more enjoyable!

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-18 16:10:49

at first when i was playing this i didnt notice it but when i first started doing the combos i realized how much faster the game is you have made a great game even better

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-19 02:30:45

Ah, "black magic" or "voodoo" programming. That's what they call it:

http://en.wikipedia...ic_%28programming%29

Stuff that works even though it makes no sense when you're programming. I don't think it would've made a big difference if it had been left slow. It's just as fun either way, but now maybe I'll save 30 seconds of my life the next time I play, which is a good thing. I still can't beat Sunchips. Just when you think you're about to win he goes wild. I know the right cheap strategy to beat him that exploits the faulty AI but I don't have the skill and I'm too lazy to keep trying until I win. Saving right before the boss would definitely be nice.

:: It's your duty as a citizen.

:yay, im a good citizen by Tom's standards!!!!

Nope, you're a citizen by Tom's standards.

AH! Finally I'm posting again on Newgrounds. Posting was like smoking to me. It was taking over my life, so I had to quit. But it's not like smoking because it's actually a good thing, so then I had to start again, and unlike smoking it wasn't extremely easy and still addictive. When you quit one cigarette can get you just as addicted as you were before you quit. Same with any other thing you're addicted to.

Don't smoke, because smoking isn't cool anymore, and that was the only reason people used to start smoking. Now it's because of peer pressure or because people think it's cool, and it's not. If you smoke you can try to quit. You know you want to. Most people who smoke have tried to quit and couldn't. If you can't quit, we understand. If you just don't want to quit then shame on you. Actually, I don't really care, but it's bad for your health and it's not cool anymore. My friend says the only good reason to smoke is to keep warm, and there are better ways to keep warm. Why am I telling you not to smoke? Because about a week or two ago was non-smoking week in Canada and I'm still in the mood.

I put my heart and soul into most of my posts you know? That's why they're so long. I even spell-check a lot of them. I also read all the previous posts before I post, which some people do and some people don’t. Just give me about two more years, Tom, and I’ll be personally responsible for making you need to buy a new server, but that’s not true. I’m just exaggerating.

This is why I needed to quit. My posts could take from one minute to half an hour. Someone better read this. The ironic thing about writing long posts is they’re so long nobody wants to read them and then you write the whole long post for nothing. It’s always painful to decide to stop writing and click that “Post It!” button. It’s sending shivers down my spine. Arms actually. Time to hit the button.

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-19 09:48:31

yeah, it's way better tom, good job!

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-19 13:40:06

It seems a lot better to me

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-20 10:12:57

I'm afraid I must be the only person in the universe not to lavish borderline fellatio upon Tom Fulp. :P

While keeping in mind that my browser is painfully slow (accursed dail-up + shitty computer >:( ), the fps increase caused the game to run choppily, frame-skippily, & sound-out-of-synchily (behold my leet fictional-dictionary skills); even when running at low quality.

All in all, I much preferred the old frame-rate. Sure it wasn't anything spectacular, but at least my PC could run it.

And to all those people who are going to rush & say "Well, its ur own fault for having a shitty comp lol!!!':

Bite me.

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-21 18:19:35

kick ass

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-23 01:47:18

god thank u tom u helped me my srever is already very fast but when u did that it made it go faster which help me deafet sunchips for the first time thank u i was like flash and doomsday mixed in the game good job really helped

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-03-25 10:17:50

Shit I keep losing when sunchips does that spin kick thing to you 3 times in a row

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-06-25 05:10:11

the reason the flash runs slower in the browser is because outside of the browser in flash player stand alone, flash player runs directly as a program on the processor, but in the browser its running as a plugin, and takes backstage sortof speak behind the browser and doesnt have as much power

usually yes, increasing the frame rate will fix the problem, but if you have a really heavy application, even if you do increase the frame rate, it wont do anything

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-06-25 06:44:22

i love you tom

The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-06-27 13:40:57

Good to know that your still improving all the things you've made!

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-07-03 13:53:14

Hmm, don't see a difference really. Also, to the guy on the 3rd page who said this shouldn't be their next game, it should actually. This is by far the best flash game ever created, even better than AH. I would love for this to be on the consoles.

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-07-09 13:33:22

I don't see the difference.

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-07-14 19:57:06

chamillionaire rules, in the trunk rules! chamillionaire today!

Dad 'n Me Speed Boost

Jerms, spreading them since 1902...my freind bacteria fucks ups peebles hands...Y KNOW!

Tell Me If Cheese IZ REAL!!

Finf 1000 MYSPACE ACCOUNTS

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-07-26 02:25:43

It will speed up because the lag doesn't drop the framerate to a specific frame rate, but a spcific amount lower than the original framerate

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-08-02 16:02:41

dad n' me... forever on the new grounds hit list...i like that game

+1 Post plx [Dr. Pepper Crew] [Mushroom Dick]

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-08-03 01:11:18

huzzah! the games a lil better!

Response to Dad 'n Me Speed Boost 2006-08-04 00:18:00

I noticed the difference. It was super slow before, now it's fast! yay! (Especially the part where Sunchips break dances.)