New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheBeagle
TheBeagle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-14 14:24:09 Reply

Okay. Everyone loves all of David Firth's animations, right?

But Salad Fingers always seems to be the real image you get when you think of his most---strange----work.

So I watched each episode again and came up with some meanings behind each episode.

EPISODE 1 "Salad Fingers"- This is the only episode i couldnt really get a meaning for haha even though its the first. I think its possibly about taking strange fetishes to rather simple things. Like how Salad Fingers gets an orgasm when he touches rusty spoons.

EPISODE 2- The first part is where he talks with his imaginary friends, Jeremy Fisher and the two other pale dolls guys. This part I think is about making friends no ma tter whey look like or what they're personality is. Thats a pretty bad theory.
The second part is much easier. This is about a mistake that can easily hurt somebody without really meaning too. In this case, he has a boy find a fried fish at the back of his oven. He accidently locks the boy in there.....

EPISODE 3 "Nettles"- Hmmm this one is hard too. The meat guy comes to kill Salad Fingers as Salad Fingers masturbates with his nettles. Strange enough after Salad Fingers "milks" himself, the meat man is dead at his door. Salad Fingers takes a liking to his dead assassinator and plays him a little tune.
If there were any real good meanings to this it would be that Salad Fingers takes a liking to any and everyone. Like a big creepy pedaphile friend.

EPISODE 4 "Cage"- This one is pretty simple. Salad Fingers accompanies a young alien looking "thing" that wants to play with him. Salad Fingers is horrified by this little guy. The little guy tricks Fingers with a spoon into coming into his cage. This one is about friends that use you probably for what they want. Sounds stupid enough but it could be likely. There was a lot of uneasy tension in this one that Firth wanted to convey between Salad Fingers and the little boy.

EPISODE 5 "Picinic"- One of the most "look back there you can see this while this happens" kind of episodes. Pretty neat on this one because Firth starts to reveal Salad Finger's obvious insanity. He throws on a picnic. Before he throws it on he sees that both of the two pale friends meet him with surpsing tension. Also right before he puts on a dress. Some think that represents Mary (of Christinaity) where he cries with the dress on. He is unbealievably filled with joy.
This little girl comes to the picnic (we do not know if she was actually invited or not). One of the pale friends shows up in the window. Both of the pale friends start becoming incredibly jealous of Salad's new relationship.
Also this little insane bird hints to the girl that salad fingers is inasne.
The bird takes Finger's Spoon and this reveals Salad Finger's short breaking period.
A neat quote towards the end of this one is "Do you not like my mouth words?" which is said by the girl when she....well you know what happens.

EPISODE 6 "Present- This continues where Salad Finger's is insane. Old friends pop up through-out this episode until Salad Finger's is completely out of his mind. This reveals about the great war which is furthered on in Episode 7. The neat thing about this episode is that it continues on about the two pale friend's jealousy of Salad Finger's old relationship with the little girl. Jeremy Fischer is said to have fighten the war. W hether this is true or not we do not know. Pretty much this episode has no real meaning other than showing Salad Finger's breaking point. He becomes paranoid and starts hallucinating an even creepier world around him.

EPISODE 7- "Shore Leave" - This contains a lot of hints about Salad Fingers. This episode does drift off of Salad Finger's insanity though. Also the relationship bursting from the two pale friends is not shown anywhere in this. Marjory and Hubert Cumberdale even are seen helping Salad Fingers in the begginning. We now know that the Great War did take place somehow before Episode 6. We see one old army friend Kenneth. This episode really leaves us with some impressions. Many times Salad Fingers makes reference to sexual preferences with Kenneth. At the very end he is in a dress tributing to his old friend who went off to war (Kenneth). This episode hints pieces together that Salad Finges might possibly be a female or bisexual.

Well thats what I've come up with. Some episodes have meanings. If they didnt i mostly talked about the real storyline of Salad Finger's episodes.

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature
JPI
JPI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-14 14:28:49 Reply

Well, i think this will have more use on the fat-pie forums under the topic discussing the interpretations of Salad Fingers.

Anyways, i personally feel that episode 6 is showing how his mind wanders in those little puppets, whereas it's kinda a metaphor that when he is obsessing over that puppet, he's kinda "eating his own brain" leading him further into insanity.

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature
TheBeagle
TheBeagle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-14 14:32:08 Reply

Well yeah. Episode 6 is much about Salad Finger's wondeirng mind and his curious insanity IMO.

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature
Dark-Spark
Dark-Spark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-14 14:46:54 Reply

there is absolutely no meaning behind any of Mr. Firth's cartoons and you're stupid to have tried to find any.

TheBeagle
TheBeagle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-14 15:04:25 Reply

OMG.........I was trying. So shoot me. Shut the fuck up the dude.

I was just trying to have a little fun with Salad Fingers

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature
BirthofaNova
BirthofaNova
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-14 16:11:44 Reply

You are welcome to disect those cartoons as much as you want, but I really do not think that there is anything there.

Je pense, donc je suis.

BBS Signature
Dark-Spark
Dark-Spark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-14 16:11:54 Reply

At 3/14/06 03:04 PM, Iron_Fries wrote: OMG.........I was trying. So shoot me. Shut the fuck up the dude.

chill

tolom
tolom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-20 10:32:48 Reply

I think some parts of SF could have symbolic meanings. Anyways chek this out:
Salad Fingers Theories

Evan
Evan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-20 10:57:32 Reply

David Firth is just plain creepy. I see no meaning to his cartoons. But I like them. You have tried, and for that, .... well nothing came out of it.

TommyGun
TommyGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2006-03-20 11:05:48 Reply

At 3/20/06 10:32 AM, tolom wrote: I think some parts of SF could have symbolic meanings. Anyways chek this out:
Salad Fingers Theories

nice find, vagrant

"It isn't that democrats are ignorant. Far from it. it's just that they know so much that just isn't so"
Ronald Reagan
Proud supporter of the Dinosaur Conspiracy Theory

BBS Signature
fuzzyrabbitt
fuzzyrabbitt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2013-01-27 21:12:45 Reply

The Salad Fingers' episodes are so full of references, that it would be impossible to analyze all of them in this post, so I will only name a few that I have caught on to, I will try to keep it brief so I will probably miss a few that are rather prominent.

1) Salad Fingers' queer pleasure toward rusted objects: Well Salad Fingers said himself that "The feeling of rust against my fingertips is almost orgasmic." so I conclude that he finds some sort of sexual pleasure in touching rusty spoons. (Also notice the movement of his hand against the spoon.... Masturbation???)

2) One of my favorite interpretations, i believe it was from episode 2, when Salad Fingers stabs his finger onto the nail in the wall, he says "I like it whan the red water comes out," to me this has cannibalism written all over it.

3) Again from episode 2 when that boy comes in to help Salad Fingers take out the fish from the oven. The boy falls in as Salad Fingers gets distracted by a nail in the wall and the oven door traps the boy inside. The boy ends up being cooked to death while salad fingers is off in his sick dream land filled with blood. Salad fingers becomes conscious again and sniffs the air replying "I think that fish is about done." There is smoke in the air, implying that something has been way overcooked. Again, my theory is cannibalism.

4) From episode 3, when he rubs a nettle on his breast and makes a noise, this again points to unusual sexual pleasure.

5) Also from episode 3, salad fingers says "Nettles make me think happy times...." then enters into a dream like state. Does this man Salad Fingers uses drugs?

6) In episode 3, when "Milford Cubicle" bangs his head too hard on Salad Fingers' door and Salad fingers drags him inside and offers him hospitality- once again I think cannibalism, this example isn't very supportive of my theory, but it's my best guess at this one.

7) In episode 4, salad fingers is trapped in a box by a strange boy, the box has metal bars on it, Salad Fingers grasps one bar with each hand and runs it up and don, getting progressively faster, while spontaneously moaning. This plainly shows, once again, Salad Fingers strange sexual fantasies. This particular example points toward masturbation. >.<

8) Again from episode 4, when Salad Fingers talks to and strokes a worm like creature and accidentally kills it and then claims that the worm is dirty, as if it wasn't his fault. To me, this makes it seem that Salad Fingers has some sort of mental disorder. (As if pretty much every other this Salad Fingers has done hasn't already led us to believe that he is mentally ill...)

9) Now for episode 5, he feeds "Mable" pease pudding with his rusty spoon and then a crow swoops down and steals the spoon, Salad Fingers goes completely crazy by this. Yet again, I'm more and more convinced that he is mentally ill.

10) Again in episode 5, Mable is shown without eyes,????? I honestly have no I dea what this could mean at the moment.

11) In Episode 6, Salad fingers tries to eat Hubert Cumberdale- Cannibalism.

12) Again from episode 6, he somehow eats himself???? What does this mean?????

13) Episode 7 he finds a rotting corpse in the ground, he brings in in and feeds, and bathes him. He also talks to him and mentions "sowing his royal oats" this of course means.... Well you know, if not then utilize the internet.

14) Episode 8, he fins a hair and then tapes it to his wall along with the rest of his collection of various hairs. Now what I'm wonhering is, where does he get these hairs, they are all clearely from different people, Salad Fingers is bald and he doesn't get much company, especially company that goes into his "Special Cupboard" This almost leads me to believe that he is a stalker of sorts.

15) Episode 9, he eats what he believes is his baby, but it turns out it is a sub sandwich, this could only mean that Salad Fingers views people as food, and food as people. He showed no remorse as he ate what he had believed for days to be his child. CANNIBAL!

So after all of this, my basic conclusion is that Salad Fingers is a psychopathic cannibal who has a very vivid imagination.

Also I'd like to comment that David Firth, the creator of Salad Fingers is very talented, the Salad Fingers series kept me pondering the meaning of it all for a very long time. And yet my mind still falls short, I don't think I'll ever really understand what the purpose of Salad Fingers really is....

egg82
egg82
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Unraveling Salad Fingers 2013-01-27 21:41:54 Reply

At 1/27/13 09:12 PM, fuzzyrabbitt wrote: The Salad Fingers' episodes are so full of references, that it would be impossible to analyze all of them in this post, so I will only name a few that I have caught on to, I will try to keep it brief so I will probably miss a few that are rather prominent.

good post and all, but you just posted in a thread that hasn't been seen by anyone since 06.

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature