00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkyonVeil just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Recording Acoustic

905 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Recording Acoustic 2006-03-09 11:34:29

I might sound pretty dumb saying this, but i figured out that if you record an acoustic guitar at a low bitrate (say 32 kbps) it sounds like a weird, but interesting mix of acoustic and electric guitar sound

shh

BBS Signature

Response to Recording Acoustic 2006-03-09 11:35:50

yeah it does taht 'cause the phase is off a bit with the sound waves.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to Recording Acoustic 2006-03-09 11:45:03

At 3/9/06 11:34 AM, Ropedgag12345 wrote: I might sound pretty dumb saying this, but i figured out that if you record an acoustic guitar at a low bitrate (say 32 kbps) it sounds like a weird, but interesting mix of acoustic and electric guitar sound

lol, also (for my electro-acoustic anyway) turning up the bass settings on the guitar seems to add more distortion.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Recording Acoustic 2006-03-09 22:33:09

At 3/9/06 11:45 AM, Kirk_Cocaine wrote:
lol, also (for my electro-acoustic anyway) turning up the bass settings on the guitar seems to add more distortion.

Why would you want distortion on an acoustic???

Response to Recording Acoustic 2006-03-10 14:58:00

At 3/9/06 10:33 PM, ZombiePosessor wrote: Why would you want distortion on an acoustic???

You noramlly wouldn't. I didn't say I wanted it distorted, that's just how it sounded once recorded :P

Although it didn't sound so bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Recording Acoustic 2006-03-10 19:20:03

Yeah I've wondered why it sometimes makes that distorted sound. Is there any way to prevent it?

My girl is smokin' hot.

BBS Signature

Response to Recording Acoustic 2006-03-10 19:25:12

At 3/10/06 07:20 PM, Zelgaffle wrote: Yeah I've wondered why it sometimes makes that distorted sound. Is there any way to prevent it?

If your guitar had bass, treble and mid levels turn mid and bass off and treble up full.

Works for me.

BBS Signature

Response to Recording Acoustic 2006-03-10 21:33:45

No, my acoustic guitar do not have any bass, treble, or mid knobs. It's acoustc.

My girl is smokin' hot.

BBS Signature

Response to Recording Acoustic 2006-03-11 00:39:32

Hah No obviusly. Hes talking about an electric-acoustic. I tried that, sounds pretty cool actually. Might use it on a song, dont worry I give credits for all my songs.

Response to Recording Acoustic 2007-09-19 20:17:58

At 3/11/06 12:39 AM, Emokin wrote: Hah No obviusly. Hes talking about an electric-acoustic. I tried that, sounds pretty cool actually. Might use it on a song, dont worry I give credits for all my songs.

nice try, but i gotta set the record straight because im like the wall of wood. I don't know why but my acoustic only guitar sound was fucked with, that is all. How do i turn aac into mp3?

Recording Acoustic

shh

BBS Signature

Response to Recording Acoustic 2007-09-20 18:08:02

At 3/10/06 09:33 PM, Zelgaffle wrote: No, my acoustic guitar do not have any bass, treble, or mid knobs. It's acoustc.

Well, that's true, but when you record it, you can usually EQ your guitar through a certain little program in your recording program/setup. To get rid of distortion, your bass spectrum is the one to lower a little bit, although it's nice to balance that bass in because it plays a key part to "the" acoustic guitar, the fullness that it provides with that end of the sound spectrum.

-Anyways, turn the bass down, mix it a little more mid to high frequency in there. If you can specifically adjust certain frequencies, "mud" occurs around 220-300hz, and mud usually causes distortion, so you'd naturally lower that.

BBS Signature