00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio mixing/recording programs

982 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio mixing/recording programs 2006-03-05 12:54:09

First off I apologize for creating a topic that has been done to death. But I would Like to know What would be the best program(s). I already know frooty loops is one of the best. But from what I read it's does only half of what I want. I'd also like somthing so I could record guitar, bass guitar, vocals, and drums. I know that there is windows sound recorded but I'd prefer I program that will alowed me to try to remove things such as backround static. I heard of a program that I think was called "garage band" that is great for recorded music. If anyone know of the program or somthing similar, tell me. I will be purchaseing frooty loops soon and using the other program I mentioned in joint with it (if I can figure out where to get it).
Links would be aprriciate but not necassary. THanks for you help and putting up with an audio forum n00b.

p.s: is the audio forum as full of idiots, spammers, and annoyances as "general".

Response to Audio mixing/recording programs 2006-03-05 13:46:58

Fruity Loops is not one of the best. It is one of the easiest to learn and is pretty powerful for it's price, but there are some out there that are so much more powerful.

Garage band I believe is for mac only. If you have the money get Pro tools- that is among the best and the most convienient, because you can bring any pro tools file to a studio and they can just pop it up on their machine. I would seriously suggest Reason instead of Fruity loops- but it is more expensive and harder to learn.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio mixing/recording programs 2006-03-05 14:37:32

At 3/5/06 12:54 PM, unforgiven_hope wrote: What would be the best program(s).

Well, if you're looking for something that will allow you to mix and work with samples as well as midi with vst support then you really can't go wrong with Acid Pro.

You can get a demo of Acid Pro 5 right here

And if your budget is tight, you can also get a lighter version called Acid Express by
Clicking here and looking for 'Can I try ACID software for free?' on this page

Acid is a great program that is very versatile, you can easily chop and mash stuff up and it has a relatively low learning curve for the basics.

Acid also works great when rewired to Reason so you can get the best of both worlds.

The downside is that you'll need to get or preferably create all your samples so that you have something to work with. There are a ton of free loops out there and you can get some a t the same site where the downloads are.

I hope that helps...

p.s: is the audio forum as full of idiots, spammers, and annoyances as "general".

Not really - we do get our share of idiots but for the most part this is a very small forum with only a handful or two of active members - all of which are pretty cool unless you act like a retard... As for the spammers... well... yeah we do that alot in here too - but usually only once a thread is effectively dead and someone yells "Forgey!"

BBS Signature

Response to Audio mixing/recording programs 2006-03-05 21:46:43

At 3/5/06 02:37 PM, LJCoffee wrote:
At 3/5/06 12:54 PM, unforgiven_hope wrote:

Blah blah blah-
- but usually only once a thread is effectively dead and someone yells "Forgey!"

Hahaha, it's funny because that's true.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio mixing/recording programs 2006-03-07 06:43:08

If yur looking for a good and free program. Audacity is your best friend

This signature will actually not appear at the bottom of this post.

Response to Audio mixing/recording programs 2006-03-07 11:32:01

Fruityloops/garageband/reason are NOT audio recording/mixing programs. They are softsynth/vst studios.

If you want somthing to record or mix, go for cooledit, soundforge, audacity or adobe audition.