00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KouteiFK just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vote, Vote, Vote!

17,271 Views | 135 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 11:41:45

At 3/2/06 11:22 AM, Nino_JoJ wrote: Well then just fucking congrats!

Don't be an asshole.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 11:52:35

Aw, not a single vote for 5 Shades of Purple. I guess it would've helped if Tom had been around and had put it on FP.

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 11:56:54

I would just like to remind everyone that there are two kinds of men in this world; the ones who vote for "Pretty Pretty Bang Bang" (http://www.newground..m/portal/view/29328
), and the ones who masturbate to John Wayne movies.

You know what to do.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 12:06:12

Remember to vote for me <=)

Vote, Vote, Vote!

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 12:22:54

all of the submisions are good but sadly i can't vote on them , : (

Please stop the Rickrolling!

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 12:34:11

and the PM system?......

well, good updates anyway...

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 12:36:34

At 3/2/06 11:05 AM, kickme123 wrote: Well I placed my votes with my lvl 16. First time i've gotten to do that actually.

BASTARD

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 12:42:38

Just voted!

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 13:12:21

I wonder who is gonna win......

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 13:24:19

Well, i cant wait! Just got a DS...

This signature will actually not appear at the bottom of this post.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 13:50:53

One year today i hope i will be able to vote from this day forward i will deposit everyday

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 14:32:53

um ya what is wrong with the site i cant log in and whenever i do it auto logs me off,,, u prob wont even be able to read this cuz i cant log in ...W.T.H.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 14:34:10

I have a question liljim: Am i elegible to vote cause of my expierence yet or do i still have to maintain an award/FP per month?

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 14:42:17

liljim, your my hero!

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 14:58:32

Aww, i wish top 2k b/p peopel could vote. Hopefully DS can get same browser support as the psp, cus that would rock.

bro at me come

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 15:09:25

At 3/2/06 02:34 PM, Glaiel_Gamer wrote: I have a question liljim: Am i elegible to vote cause of my expierence yet or do i still have to maintain an award/FP per month?

You can always tell for yourself.

It's simple enough, goto your account options and there should be a link if you're allowed to vote.

Chances are you will because you're getting pretty close to the top 2000, and not all of that 2000 are active accounts.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 15:42:07

I didn't understand the rules, can you rephase the way you are allowed to vote, you have to be an artist?

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 16:03:56

I was surprised to see that I am eligible to vote. I thought only top 2000 users by exp are eligible to vote.

Anyway, my favourites were Warbears, McDonalds videogame and The chicken or the egg.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 16:34:43

1. Metal Gear Awesome.

2. Warbears.

3. Sniper Jeans.

4. Peoplemation: Trash.

5. EgoCity Chap V disk2.

6. Lost in a Dream Episode 1.

7. Geeks In Love.

8. Time Squad [Part 1].

9. Spookyville USA.

10. Blockhead: Episode 6.

Well these are my votes for this much, some movies/games around the middle are a little out of order for what i think exactly but i got sort of frustrated with the scroll. I mean when u scroll and youre choosing a score for the movie/game, it is placed in all the spots u scroll to. I must have messed up like 4 times so i just left it like this.
Good job guys.

Anyways i can wait for that new DS browser, i have a strong feelings its gonna be SWWEEET.

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 17:28:42

cool

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 17:37:55

I have a DS! Its soo cool

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 18:17:04

At 3/2/06 03:09 PM, RupeeClock wrote:
At 3/2/06 02:34 PM, Glaiel_Gamer wrote: I have a question liljim: Am i elegible to vote cause of my expierence yet or do i still have to maintain an award/FP per month?
You can always tell for yourself.

It's simple enough, goto your account options and there should be a link if you're allowed to vote.

I know that because i've been able to vote every month since this started cause i get an award or a frontpage every month. I want to know if my EXP is high enough so that i can not release something next month but still vote (or can all affiliates vote?)

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 18:22:15

At 3/2/06 06:17 PM, Glaiel_Gamer wrote:

I know that because i've been able to vote every month since this started cause i get an award or a frontpage every month. I want to know if my EXP is high enough so that i can not release something next month but still vote (or can all affiliates vote?)

O_o
o_O
lolwut?^_^

Thats the most confusing question I have ever read!

*head explodies*

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 18:39:52

I think what he's asking is, can he vote because he's in the top 2000 active EXP users, or only because he's up for nomination. All nominated authors can vote.
I think you're in the top 2000, since I've seen people with less EXP say they can vote.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 18:53:46

Voted :D

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 18:59:05

At 3/2/06 06:39 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I think what he's asking is, can he vote because he's in the top 2000 active EXP users, or only because he's up for nomination. All nominated authors can vote.
I think you're in the top 2000, since I've seen people with less EXP say they can vote.

Good answer. :)

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 19:18:25

At 3/2/06 06:59 PM, liljim wrote:
At 3/2/06 06:39 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I think what he's asking is, can he vote because he's in the top 2000 active EXP users, or only because he's up for nomination. All nominated authors can vote.

Why is it that every month, we still have people going, "WTF!!?? Y cna't EYE VOET!!!!11" You should just say, "Some people will be able to vote. The rest of you are too gay" and get rid of the endless amount of people that keep asking how much experience they need to vote or why they could vote when they're not in the top 2,000 and all that shit.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 19:33:14

At 3/2/06 07:18 PM, KupaMan wrote:
At 3/2/06 06:59 PM, liljim wrote:
Why is it that every month, we still have people going, "WTF!!?? Y cna't EYE VOET!!!!11" You should just say, "Some people will be able to vote. The rest of you are too gay" and get rid of the endless amount of people that keep asking how much experience they need to vote or why they could vote when they're not in the top 2,000 and all that shit.

Hah! You really think that would help? We do our bit with regards to responding to most messages each month, clarifying is eligible to vote and what not (and always post a link to that rules page), but people tend to like to ask questions first before doing their own research, because it's "quicker" to get a response in the forums than it is to look for themselves. Bad logic, but what can you do?

I kinda keep hoping that when the same questions continue to keep up, some of the regulars will have read answers to those questions in previous threads and start spreading the information around and that, does to an extent, seem to be happening. I don't think I've seen one question in this whole thread that hasn't already been answered at least once in previous posts, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Information moves so quickly across the site (somtimes it becomes distorted along the way, too), that it's difficult for most people to keep up.

There are a couple of questions from TomaO2 that I know I've answered through e-mail before (once just last night) and I'm sure I've posted about before on the forums:

Another thing that I have to say, now that I can vote, it's that it's a bit unwieldy. The flashes don't even seem to be in alphabetical order and it's really easy to mess up.

When the vote system was first released, users complained that those entries which came alphabetically were given some sort of advantage, since they're first on the list (which didn't come out true with any of the logic, given that many of the entries that won were those that began with the bottom of the alphabet). Wanting to please the crowd, the ordering was changed so that it's at random for each page invocation.

When I click a place for a flash and then decide to change it, it pops up in both places. What's with that?

That's a bug I thought I'd nailed a couple of months ago. Maybe I'll get it next time around.

Also, does it make any difference in what order you pick them?

Yes. Read through my post history (and pay attention to the posts that have been made in the news forum) - your answer is there, somewhere.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 19:42:19

Hey James, I just have a small suggestion that may or may not have been answered in the past. Forgive me if it's been addressed and I'm just too lazy to look for the answer...

There are many people not in the top active 2000 who would like to vote. At the same time, I'm sure there are plenty of users in the top active 2000 who can vote but don't (like myself many months). Is there any way to revoke the voting ability for such a person for a month to allow some of those not in the top active 2000 the ability to vote?

For instance, if I don't vote this month, why should I get the opportunity to vote next month? Clearly I don't appreciate this privelege when so many others would love to have it, so why should I always be given it when it could go to someone who wants it?

It would be nice to see what percentage of the top 2000 active users vote. If it's a fair amount, then my suggestion is moot. But if the number is small, say under 50%, then maybe we should consider this "one month voting ban" as incentive to vote, or at least a way to give other people the chance to give their input?

Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 19:46:58

At 3/2/06 07:42 PM, Back_Door_Baron wrote: Hey James, I just have a small suggestion that may or may not have been answered in the past. Forgive me if it's been addressed and I'm just too lazy to look for the answer...

There are many people not in the top active 2000 who would like to vote. At the same time, I'm sure there are plenty of users in the top active 2000 who can vote but don't (like myself many months). Is there any way to revoke the voting ability for such a person for a month to allow some of those not in the top active 2000 the ability to vote?

For instance, if I don't vote this month, why should I get the opportunity to vote next month? Clearly I don't appreciate this privelege when so many others would love to have it, so why should I always be given it when it could go to someone who wants it?

It would be nice to see what percentage of the top 2000 active users vote. If it's a fair amount, then my suggestion is moot. But if the number is small, say under 50%, then maybe we should consider this "one month voting ban" as incentive to vote, or at least a way to give other people the chance to give their input?

What if someone is on vacation? That would cause confusion. But I do agree, there are probably some people who don't even notice the voting message and aren't even active users, they just deposit 5 times a day for the satisfaction of being able to level up something without flaw, or think that they will somehow get internet respect with a high level. I bet a ton of the top 2000 voters who went WTF TEH HEADER CHAGNED Y DIDTN DEY EMAYUL US OR ANYTHIGN 2 TELL US ADN WUTZ DIS VOTIGN SHIT I HAV I R CONFUSED Y DONT DEY INFORM US?!?!?!!?!?!?!?1/1/?!/11//????//11??/1/?