00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Branching out?

968 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Branching out? 2006-02-21 17:25:02

Hey guys, i've been thinking recently, and as mentioned by several artists. NewGrounds Audio Portal has over time, distanced itself with its original purpose.

And so, I have decided to refrain from uploading any more of my songs (which are too diverse), and stick to small 30 - 90 second loops.

Now I don't want to slump all the loops in one other account either (can I even make another account for this?), so I wanted to branch out a bit.

MSSadLoops
MSBattleLoops
MSEpicLoops
MSDarkLoops
MSHolyLoops

I want to branch out to these five accounts, and place the songs accordingly. In this sense, it provides flashers *snicker* with exactly what they are looking for, whist keeping the list clean.

Am I allowed to do this? (I know technically your not supposed to multi-account, but people have transferred aliases, I figured why not... uh... multi alias?

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-21 17:50:34

Why not just make a 'MSloops' (or something) account, instead of making people have to search you out?

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-21 18:09:49

At 2/21/06 05:50 PM, -ZENON- wrote: Why not just make a 'MSloops' (or something) account, instead of making people have to search you out?

yeah, that would be a hell of alot easier :P

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-21 18:29:03

@maestro - Though you said you didn't "want to slump all the loops into one other account", it would be the best to do so. Like the others said, it would make it MUCH easier for people to search. Besides, you can say what kind of loop it is in the description, rather than make an entirely different account just for that kind. Also, I think it is only against the rules to create an alternate account to get around a ban (in which, BOTH accounts will be terminated).

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-21 18:34:53

Hmmm, good ideas. I feel though that simply having each one these accounts linked to each other (via through an outside simple website where each account points to, so people can pick which section to go for, or in the MS profiles, simply stating where the others are), would also b be acceptable.

It is demanding to go through a list and find the ones you want, and once you hit the second page, chances are, the songs on the other pages will never/very rarely be listened to again, so even if I made the worlds greatest loop, once its out of sight, its out for good.

These are what concerns me, if I am basing these off unrealistic views, I would like to hear it.

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-21 18:37:40

At 2/21/06 06:34 PM, MaestroSorrow wrote: These are what concerns me, if I am basing these off unrealistic views, I would like to hear it.

You're not. It's the cold truth that anything not on page 1 is never going to be heard. However, the external site is a great idea. That way you can put a longer description in, and have a MUCH better chance of your older stuff being heard more. I might do that once I have the time...

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-21 19:51:49

At 2/21/06 06:37 PM, -Steve- wrote: You're not. It's the cold truth that anything not on page 1 is never going to be heard.

Not entirely true. I have 5 pages of music, and i just recently got ANOTHER review on my fifth page.

It surprised me.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-21 19:55:06

At 2/21/06 05:25 PM, MaestroSorrow wrote: And so, I have decided to refrain from uploading any more of my songs (which are too diverse), and stick to small 30 - 90 second loops.

Aww come on Sorrow, you make kick ass moozaks! Tons of people go to the audio portal to download full length songs because they want good free music, not wimpy loops! It's not just a flash artist kinda thing to go to the audio portal, lots of people visit the audio portal and there are tons of songs out there that have gone platinum but haven't been used in a single submission. You can make music for your fans, so what if none of them happen to be flash artists? Who cares about the flash artists (haha, okay, maybe a lot of epople do, but from a perspective of making music you should do it because you enjoy it and not make it seem like work, to make music for someone else ex: flash artists would techincally be work) and what the hell happened to the "making music for yourself and just sharing it with others" thing again? Just make songs and take loops out of them...

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-21 21:20:25

At 2/21/06 07:55 PM, Kirizzle wrote: Aww come on Sorrow, you make kick ass moozaks!

Ya...he's right. The AP wouldn't be the same without your full legnth tracks.

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-21 22:42:42

Don't get me wrong people, it's not like i'm going to just abandon making full tracks (cuz I have a world domination quest to begin), but there are also a lot of loops I have, that I do enjoy making, which I don't feel can be expanded, either because it's been a long while so i've lost the image I used to begin making it in the first place, or the image I use in my head was simply not deep enough to build upon again and again.

So what better way to use these short loops, then by giving it to Flash Artists ^^.

And i'll say one thing, the only reason I got to where I am, is by making songs for others ;)

And there is one more reason that branching out like this is a good idea.

The amount of experience and things I could learn, are literally endless. Consider it, if I make 30 epic loops, by the end of that road, I would have learned a ridiculous amount of material that I can use to make a grand Epic piece.

I hear it in all of your pieces too, with every new song, you all introduce something new, something exciting, which sets you apart from so many others.

I will have to consider it, I thank all of you for your feedback ^^.

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-22 20:14:42

Check this post about how i felt about making loops and all. It's in the "Mods" thread but it fell on the 2nd page so that's why a put a link to it - for the lazy - Look towards the bottom of the page above Steve aka NGSteve aka DashSteveDash's post :D

And Maestro, i think that people would want to get all their music from one place. So i think if i was doing something of the sort i would keep everything in the same account and simply put in your description what the loop is about. Remember, most of the people are lazy and having them go to 5 or 6 places to hear all of your songs is a pain for them ( not to listen of course :D but to search for )

Dash Steve... dash Steve dash!

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-22 20:30:21

At 2/22/06 08:14 PM, General_Leo wrote: Steve aka NGSteve aka DashSteveDash's post :D

Ok...to avoid confusion how about just everyone calls me First Sergeant? XD

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-22 20:40:10

At 2/22/06 08:30 PM, -Steve- wrote:
At 2/22/06 08:14 PM, General_Leo wrote: Steve aka NGSteve aka DashSteveDash's post :D
Ok...to avoid confusion how about just everyone calls me First Sergeant? XD

Sir yes Sir

:P

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-22 21:04:00

Sergeant give me 50 pushups!!

Haha we are an army of two now so be on your guard everyone else :D

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-22 21:05:47

I should put that in my sig. "-Steve-...official first seargent of the audio forum." XD

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-22 21:06:35

At 2/22/06 09:05 PM, -Steve- wrote: I should put that in my sig. "-Steve-...official first seargent of the audio forum." XD

haha you should :P

BBS Signature

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-22 21:09:45

Then from here on out I am official first sergeant of the audio forum!

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-22 21:11:52

At 2/22/06 09:09 PM, -Steve- wrote: Then from here on out I am official first sergeant of the audio forum!

Can i be your lackey?

BBS Signature

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-22 22:29:40

I had an idea called the Shrine Project.

The idea is that, because the frontpage offers many flash selections, then if it's to be the same way with the Audio Portal, then you'd simply soup up an interface that'd take you directly to the user's data on newgrounds.

It'd be all organized with genres and updates, along with detailed profiles.

I was thinking about doing this all by hand myself, but it seems more suitable to let each musician, who has a profile, maintain it themselves by proposing and getting approved music listings and campaigns.

This of course is only a fantasy, I'm trying to make it practical by seeing how far I can go until it's no longer free.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-23 08:22:37

that does sound like an interesting idea Erkie.

I guess I will be forming one new account, as MSLoops. Lets see where that takes us ;).

I was at one point contemplating what it would be like, if we made 5 accounts, which everybody could post in.

BattleLoops
SadLoops
etc.
etc.

This way we have an massive list with different styles, almost like an infinitely going NGAudioArtists page, but such an idea is not feasable, as it would take even more music files away from fellow artists, and would overall make it seems like work to them.

BTW... Audio Sergeant? How the hell is that going to work out?

Response to Branching out? 2006-02-24 13:10:57

The problem with forming a massive account is that it'd be a giant blood clot, some people might make mistakes when they submit, and so they'll have a bunch of dead entries, or submit loops for no general purpose.

The next problem is how we regulate how it's used on the BBS.

I think an orientation course beforehand could work, but it seems tedious.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature