00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Banned??

1,119 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Banned?? 2006-02-18 23:10:28

how can you get banned from uploading from the audio portal? cuz somehow I did... please help? O-o

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-18 23:17:11

Please read this:
The audio portal is basically identical to the flash portal except for a few differences. First off and most obviously, the former is for sounds whereas the latter is for flash movies and games. One does not gain experience points for voting on audio portal entries, nor are blam/protection points acquired from blamming or protecting an audio entry. As with the flash portal, all content submitted must have been created by the user submitting it.

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-18 23:21:39

My tunes abide to those rules, Is it maybe becouse Itryed to post more than 2 submissions today?

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-18 23:23:52

Sorry for double post! If you broke the rules on submitting music to NG audio portal, you will be banned from submitting music to NG audio portal.

As for me, I am not banned from submitting music from the audio portal. Next time, be warned! I recommend they will read the rules (that's what I mean).

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-19 00:35:48

Try e-mailing Denvish.

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-19 01:39:59

Even minor skepticism can lead to a perma-ban in the audio portal. I discourage making a secondary account, contacting Denvish can solve this problem.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-19 02:33:34

Your track 'Thunder' is based mostly on a tune I've heard elsewhere before, sped up a little (not sure of the name of the track)

From the Audio Submit page:

# You are making the legal claim that it is your own original work.
# Loops you made from existing copyrighted songs are not your own original work.

More info: Important Copyright & Sampling Info (unfortunately Maus' link is now dead, but you can get the gist from what she quoted)

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-19 04:42:24

At 2/19/06 02:33 AM, Denvish wrote: # You are making the legal claim that it is your own original work.
# Loops you made from existing copyrighted songs are not your own original work.

I personaly think that part of the submit page could be made clearer. The two rules arnt shown to connect to each other, and it just seems like you're claiming that you didn't make the samples, as opposed to not being allowed to use them.

Prehaps

#You are making the legal claim that it is your own origional work, and any samples or sound recordings you have used are regarded as 'loyalty free' or 'public domain' in regards to copyright.

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-19 14:54:24

Yeah, that's a good idea.

A lot of people dont read the rules as it is, making it a bulky sentence might increase laziness.

BBS Signature

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-19 15:02:01

And they are the ones that will get banned, but for people who read the rules, they need to be able to understand it.

When I first read that part of the rules, I thought it meant that you could use samples, as long as you didn't claim that you made them.

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-20 01:28:54

Well I use garage band, and those loops are not copy righted. so if you heard somthing like my music it means they use garage band as well

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-20 05:52:34

At 2/20/06 01:28 AM, TapeNinja wrote: Well I use garage band, and those loops are not copy righted. so if you heard somthing like my music it means they use garage band as well

All right, I'll see what I can do about getting you unbanned. Unfortunately, I have no control over that myself, just the banning/approving, but I've emailed the admins requesting an AP unban

BBS Signature

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-20 09:42:03

At 2/20/06 05:52 AM, Denvish wrote: All right, I'll see what I can do about getting you unbanned. Unfortunately, I have no control over that myself, just the banning/approving, but I've emailed the admins requesting an AP unban

Done and dusted.

BBS Signature

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-20 14:20:58

you broke the rules.

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-20 14:50:34

You're like... Late.

BBS Signature

Response to Banned?? 2006-02-20 14:53:39

At 2/19/06 12:56 AM, SineQuaNon wrote: Perhaps you've already submitted two pieces already today? Two per day is the limit.

No it isnt. Its the limit in the flash portal. One day i uploaded 4 songs, and didnt get banned.

BBS Signature