00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

100,891 Views | 2,613 Replies

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:27:36

At 6/30/06 06:01 PM, Lucian_MK-IV wrote:
At 6/30/06 05:21 PM, --Hybrid-- wrote: That's crap and you know it. Never had any problems with polish people, and don't know anyone who did. And I do know quite a few people of polish origin.
No it's not that much crap as you think. Read some newspapers during the World Cup?? If you did then you should of noticed that some of them made stereotipical jokes about us polish. As did the media. It was on ZDF if i remember correctly.

Aww, that's too bad for you. You know, that's pretty common during football matches, especially when it's the world cup. Try to not whine about it. I mean, seriously man, I don't think you guys have been made fun of anywhere near as much as my people have been ever since 1945. Don't be such a sissy.

And to be clear about this. I don't give a half camel shit about these jokes. I'm too old to be angry about stuff like that.

I'm not that old, but yes, I agree. It's time to move on.

The only things that disturb me is the fact that some of them are really useless and distasteful, some of them are not funny at all and are simply made to show "how much polish people suck". I like a good joke about polish people!! I really do. If it's good and funny then yes, i like it. I'm not some hardcore nationalist to be angry about every joke. But the words "oh come on!!" come to mind when they start to be distastetful, cause really... what's the point of making stupid jokes like that?

You're going to find assholes in any country, especially in the media. It's just stereotypical nonsense. You're an experienced internet user, you can't seriously be crying about that.

Just because you don't have problems with polish people doesn't mean that every single german feels the same way.

Most of us do. Believe it.

My uncle lives in Germany, in Duisburg to be exact. You know what his neighbours any many other did during the game Ecuador vs. Poland?? They were hanging Ecuador flags outside of their windows and openly cheering for them cause they reeeeeeaaaaly didn't want us polish to win :) they did the same during the Poland vs. Costa Rica game. Nice eh?? And yes, my unlce had to deal with a lot of distasteful comments about him being polish.

Again, it's the football world cup. That's just not the same as people being really anti-something, it's just part of the fun. And if a few assholes take it too far, who cares. You'll always get a few of those.

Besides, watch Podolski. He NEVER sings the German national anthem. That's cause he said that although he lives in Germany and plays in the German team, in his heart he's still polish.

That's not quite what he said. Still, it's a good thing that he still cares about his ancestral home. Why make it an issue?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:29:18

At 6/30/06 06:24 PM, AndieCiambotti wrote: Here's a fun fact:
You germans bought the game, and all the 'kicking' was due to a fucker who made a joke and deserved those kicks.
Andate bien a la re concha de tu muerta abuela.

Yeah, right. Losing in the penalties apparently does it for you.

Loser.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:30:22

Peace, love and understanding.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:31:28

Italy won 3-0today. Yay!

Jehuty, the ultimate mech!

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:31:52

At 6/30/06 06:29 PM, --Hybrid-- wrote:
You germans bought the game, and all the 'kicking' was due to a fucker who made a joke and deserved those kicks.
Yeah, right. Losing in the penalties apparently does it for you.

Loser.

There were SO many fucked up things that weren't taken into account, but i'm not going to argue with a dick who cheers payed matches.
Go on men, go and have fun, why are you still infront of your computer?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:35:01

At 6/30/06 06:10 PM, Born_Slippy wrote:
At 6/30/06 05:42 PM, Emomon wrote: I'm not going to watc hthe WC anymore, all the nice teams have dropped out today (I was rooting for ukraine and argentina to give this WC some renewing taste, but no -_-)
While ukraine were a welcomed change to the line-up their football was far too negative and boring. the match with facing the swiss was hands down the worst match of the tournament (probably one of the worst ever in World Cup Finals History) and for that sin im glad to see them go crashing out.

I hold the Swiss responsible for that ^-^ Sorry Swiss people, But the penalty of that ukrainian kid (what's his name again) just made my fucking day back then. Smoothest penalty ever, with a fucking killer look after he gracefully kicked it in :P my new hero<3 )

I feel bad about Ghana too. I'm looking forward to the african world cup a lot.
Especially Cote d'ivoir should stir up some heat, at least I think they will be over capable of that. Some famed guy here in holland (solomon kalou anyone<3) gets to play for Cote d'ivoir then. If that guy and drogba match , those games will be fucking awesome.

ohwell. I dislike beckham, ballack,the entire portugese team except for Deco when he's not playing, and Brazil for always winning. And I always had a dislike of french football, but they're kinda the ones I dislike the least =[ go france? :P

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:37:55

At 6/30/06 06:31 PM, AndieCiambotti wrote: There were SO many fucked up things that weren't taken into account, but i'm not going to argue with a dick who cheers payed matches.

You're really on to the conspiracy, aren't you?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:48:58

At 6/30/06 06:27 PM, --Hybrid-- wrote: Aww, that's too bad for you. You know, that's pretty common during football matches, especially when it's the world cup. Try to not whine about it. I mean, seriously man, I don't think you guys have been made fun of anywhere near as much as my people have been ever since 1945. Don't be such a sissy.

:) if it were ONLY during the world cup. Your media and press like to make fun about us on a daily basis. And i'm not talking about the funny jokes. I'm talking about the stupid ones.

Besides, whenever German media makes fun out of us, it's ok. But when we try to make jokes about you, it's you germans that get all worked up about it. For example. When Adam Malysz, our best ski jumper was having a lot of succes, they made a commercial with him. Seen it?? In it there was something about germans trying to understand why Malysz has so much succes. Damn, your media wanted to turn this into an international scandal. They said we're making "anti-german" jokes :) jesus christ....

And as i wrote. I like a good joke about us. SO BRING 'EM ON :)

You're going to find assholes in any country, especially in the media. It's just stereotypical nonsense. You're an experienced internet user, you can't seriously be crying about that.

Heh, i'm not crying about it. It's simply getting ridicolus.

Most of us do. Believe it.

I know a lot of germans myself so i know that. Unfortunately every country has assholes.

Again, it's the football world cup. That's just not the same as people being really anti-something, it's just part of the fun. And if a few assholes take it too far, who cares. You'll always get a few of those.

Problem is he has to deal with it almost every day. And i know, they're assholes. It's just frustrating for my uncle :)

That's not quite what he said. Still, it's a good thing that he still cares about his ancestral home. Why make it an issue?

I'm not. Just wrote down a fact. Hey, if germans would play in the polish national team but still feel german i'd have nothing against it.

"GROOOOAAAAAR!!!!" - Tyrannosaurus rex, 65 million years ago

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:53:38

I still want to know why there was a fight at the end of the germany - argentina match.

any ideas/links?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 19:00:19

At 6/30/06 06:37 PM, --Hybrid-- wrote:
At 6/30/06 06:31 PM, AndieCiambotti wrote: There were SO many fucked up things that weren't taken into account, but i'm not going to argue with a dick who cheers payed matches.
You're really on to the conspiracy, aren't you?

Totally >_> <_<

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 19:11:34

They were entertaining penalties earlier. I wanted the germans to win, i'm not quite sure. I think it's down to ballacks - idolism-captain like appeal... yeah.

Anyone know what the fighting was all about at the end?

Phew, getting ready for the game tomorrow :D

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 19:31:30

haha mal perdedor pobre idiota

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 19:32:26

At 6/30/06 06:48 PM, Lucian_MK-IV wrote:
) if it were ONLY during the world cup. Your media and press like to make fun about us on a daily basis.

That's just not true. Please don't take the bloody shit BILD-Zeitung into account.

Apart from that, I think we understand each other. Meh, your guys will be riding home in one of our cars anyway ;-)

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 19:37:26

Mark my words.

Italy is going to FUCK GERMANY UP.

End of story.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 19:40:30

Man, what a game, Germany-Argentina. Loved it.

But now it's just as I thought it would be. Germany & Italy will face off. I am of Italian & German heritage...hmm, who to cheer for, who to cheer for...

BTW, anyone seen that Nike commercial with the Brazilian guy that says "RRRRRRONALDDOOO"?

Yeah, I totally am gonna buy him and keep him in my closet to jump out and say that to people.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 19:41:06

What the fuck was Pekerman (Argentina coach) doing.With what? 35 minutes ago he does the worst thing possible and attempts to get this team to sit back on a one goal lead.This was pure idiocy.This was an invitation for the Germanys to pile on the pressure - which they did,which resulted in a well deserved equaliser.

The professional and correct thing to do would have been to take off that waster Tevez and put on Messi or perhaps Aimar.Then they could have attempted to finish the Germans off with a second goal.With Germany's dodgie defense this would have been very possible.

But instead the Argentinians bottled it and to be fair to the Germans, I believe they deserved the win.They showed more heart and detirmination and desire to suceed.It just goes to show you that the team with the best players can always be beaten by a team that shows pure guts and detirmination.

Oh, and what was all that about at the end? I haven't seen the report on the telly yet so I dunno what it was about.But I did see Gonalez was it? Flying across across the screen trying to hit some German a punch! That was hilarious!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 19:51:59

At 6/30/06 07:37 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: Mark my words.

Italy is going to FUCK GERMANY UP.

End of story.

LOL.

We're going to destroy you. You've been VERY lucky to even get this far. We're going to have our revenge.

See ya here on Tuesday...

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 01:19:38

At 6/30/06 07:31 PM, jn4 wrote:
haha mal perdedor pobre idiota

No es mal perdedor, para mi fue un robo. Vaya a la cuna usted, no se meta.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 02:56:03

At 6/30/06 07:51 PM, --Hybrid-- wrote:

LOL.

We're going to destroy you. You've been VERY lucky to even get this far. We're going to have our revenge.

See ya here on Tuesday...

ROFL! Very lucky, huh? Against Ghana? Against the US?

And what about you lot, playing against a weakened Argentinia with a ref who somehow keeps calling fouls in your favor? That's just DAMN lucky.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 03:26:27

Lets see, today we're going to have a duel of titans!

England vs Portugal

Brazil vs France

make your bets!

for the first one

England 3 - 1 Portugal

and for the 2nd...

Brazil 3 - 3 France
PK: Brazil 4 - 3 France

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 04:30:32

Predictions for today:

England 3 - 1 Portugal
Brazil 2 - 0 France.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 07:11:04

At 7/1/06 02:56 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote:

And what about you lot, playing against a weakened Argentinia with a ref who somehow keeps calling fouls in your favor? That's just DAMN lucky.

Yeah, right.
Suddenly Argentina is weakened...it's all because the ref was in our favor...yada yada

Those are just the same old, lame, childish excuses. I'm sure you'll come up with a few more after Tuesday.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 07:11:30

I soooooo want England and Germany to meet in the final. 40 years on since our last World Cup victory and playing against the same team would be the ultimate match to behold.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 07:15:20

At 7/1/06 02:56 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote: And what about you lot, playing against a weakened Argentinia with a ref who somehow keeps calling fouls in your favor? That's just DAMN lucky.

How were Argentina weakened? They had all their star players fit.

As for today, i'm not getting my hopes up too much, I predicted that we'd get knocked out in the quarter finals weeks ago in this thread and it still looks like a big possibility. Deco is missing and it looks like Crynaldo might not make it but it'll still be a close fought thing.

Knocked out on pens anyone?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 07:16:35

At 7/1/06 07:11 AM, --Hybrid-- wrote:
At 7/1/06 02:56 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote:

Yeah, right.
Suddenly Argentina is weakened...it's all because the ref was in our favor...yada yada

Those are just the same old, lame, childish excuses. I'm sure you'll come up with a few more after Tuesday.

the ref was fucking scared of the german crowd, it was pretty fucking obvious, but there weren't a lot of cases where it mattered, but the chances for argentina came from the free kicks so what could have happened?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 07:21:48

Hmm, hard to predict today's games.

Hard to tell how Portugal will be affected by losing Deco. Maniche, Simao and Figo make a pretty impressive midfield, too. Also hard to tell how much Ronaldo is affected by his injury. On the other hand I think England will crank it up a notch today. I say 1-1 in normal time and then England will wear them down in extra time and win 2-1.

As for the other game, I have a feeling that Brazil will be a lot more impressive today. France will play well and fight back, but eventually lose relatively clear. 3-1 for Brazil.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 07:24:01

At 7/1/06 07:11 AM, IdoMuffin wrote: I soooooo want England and Germany to meet in the final. 40 years on since our last World Cup victory and playing against the same team would be the ultimate match to behold.

My thoughts exactly. That would be the perfect final.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 07:27:52

At 7/1/06 07:11 AM, IdoMuffin wrote: I soooooo want England and Germany to meet in the final. 40 years on since our last World Cup victory and playing against the same team would be the ultimate match to behold.

That would be a cool match, but the way England have been playing, it kinda makes me wonder if they'll make it that far... their matches so far have been won by luck and misjudgement, unfortunately.
(Before you start, I'm English, but I'm also realistic!)

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 07:31:36

Whats everyones thoughts on Theo Walcott? This is what my dad has said, and I think I just agree with him..

Hopefully, Walcott will have some sort of flair about him and will be a ort of 'secret weapon', as of course no one knows what he is like. Simillar to Michael Owen when he started but more obscure, hopefully he'll just be able to break away and get ahead of some big team. Kinda like Vassel two years ago too, he saw him at Villa, but not at full potential so he was seen as a relativley unknown player, but then he was able to get through the defense.

Cummon England!

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-01 07:39:46

hopefully sven puts theo on first them mybe change for crouch