00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Header

44,168 Views | 602 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:26:07

Tom you forgot to fix this.

New Header

Scumbag Blues.

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:26:13

THE NEW HEAD SUCKS!!!

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:26:44

I actually went OH! outloud when I first saw it, It's big and I FUCKING LOVE IT.

Change the slogan on the part of the page with the red x though :(

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:27:01

O my gosh is that the new phrase: Everything, By Everyone. Thats pretty cool! it totally explains Newgrounds. Nice !

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:27:39

The new header looks excellent, but I'll miss the older one. Ah well, I'll get used to it quickly.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:28:27

See the old banner while it still lasts :p

http://www.newgrounds.com/users_list.html

Otherwise it looks pretty nice. A bit wider than before, which will take some getting used to. The new catch phrase seems kinda corny and obvious though, blah. I like the buttons though.

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:28:32

Heh, well it'll take a bit of getting used to, but I'm more agreeable to it than I was when the new Grounds Gold was introduced

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:28:44

Looks sweet!

Quite a surprise to know that I was only here like 20 minutes ago and now it's changed!

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:28:55

man, everything is changing. Up is white, down is black.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:28:56

WOWZERS!

ive been thinking for the past month, "newgrounds really needs to upgrade their look", and then BOOM it finally happens!

i hate it when sites rely too much of their interface on flash, using css is a better option and it will also be quicker (and allow for tabs!)

i also noticed the site slogan changed?! "everything, by everyone." i actually like it and it shows where NG is going (and partially is) : NG contains (will contain?) basicly art of all mediums.. right now its just flash and audio, but i hope more will come.

also, the new logo looks fantastic, especially all big up there like that! i also love the more saturated sun rays in the background behind the buildings.

woohoo!

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:29:07

Niiice!

It looks great but as others mentioned its a little big :\

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:29:19

At 2/14/06 07:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: For months now, we have been tinkering with a new look for the site. The goal is to clean up the layout and optimize the load (switching to CSS), while not looking bland. Stamper came up with a new header, using Jeff's revision of the NG tank logo. We think it looks great and I'm too impatient to wait for the rest of the redesign, so we're launching it ahead of the future changes.

The rest of the site will be changing to blend more with the style of the new header. I know many of you hate change, but please give this a chance. The new layout should ultimately be a much smoother experience for everyone.

Things to note:

If you log in/out from anywhere other than the grounds gold page, you may still get the "you are logged in as [username]" message in the top right screen (although you will have actually been logged out).

The plan is, when you log in/out, you will be re-directed to the page you were previously viewing - at the moment it goes straight to your user account when you log in and straight to the login screen when you log out.

I'll start making the changes live right now!

Wow. Newgrounds looks awesome and better than ever. And instead of dark yellow, it has dark red (or is is brown, I'm not sure, but it's) on the top of the page. And the new logo, cool. It doesn't say "Newgrounds: The Problems Of The Future Today!" anymore. It's now "Newgrounds: Everything, By Everyone!" I like this new look on Newgrounds. You did an awesome job, Tom!

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:29:31

It looks terrible. I need to turn adblock off to make it seem more full.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:29:44

Nice, I love it. Can't wait to see the rest.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:29:55

Oh, and another thing i was going to say.

I think you should flash it up a bit. Put a few electrical beeps when clicking the buttons etc...

Scumbag Blues.

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:30:20

Awesome!!!

The new layout can't other than rock! =D

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:30:57

At 2/14/06 07:23 PM, Impian wrote:
At 2/14/06 07:20 PM, FIGMENTUM wrote: Still looks a bit glitchy for me though, it doesn't line up with the rest of the page and repeats itself on the right (using FireFox 1.5, WinXP). Good to see the repeat on the bottom fixed. Can't give pictures.
I belive the layout is going to be changed too.

Yeah.

It only misaligns when I'm logged out, once the header displays me as logged in it's fine. : / weird...

And the if there is a PM system I will die!

That was cancelled.

At 2/14/06 07:26 PM, UnknownKanajun wrote: THE NEW HEAD SUCKS!!!

hahahahahaha.

ftw.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:31:07

site looks good new slogan is cool too.

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:32:03

I prefer the old slogan too. I saw the header update before my eye and recorded this great moment in history as a .txt file on my desktop.

7: 17 Tuesday February 14, 2006 - Newgrounds had its header menu updated.

It's GMT -5:00 time.

That's nice that it's CSS now instead of being an swf. I'll have to agree about the slogan though. I preferred the old one. It was interesting. The new slogan is probably more professional though, or something like that. I hope the old slogan is at least immortilized in the Newgrounds History section. I wonder if Denvish is going to update his off-site AS Tutorial list so that the format matches Newgrounds' new format.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:32:06

Ok... I voted on a submission and I was like, "Woah! Like the new logo or ad or whatever it is" then, I realized it's a new header! And a new template!!!

Signature

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:32:15

It's nice but I seriously hope this isn't final.

I mean the banner is huge, TOO huge!

Are you going to offer the old skin for people who don't like the new skin?

I think it's something you really need to take into consideration because already I'm not liking it.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:32:45

Tom, just a suggestion.

Somewhere in there you should integrate a link to the stickers page.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:32:56

I think the new slogan works. It makes more sense as to what Newgrounds has become, then what it once was. Original content by everyone... Makes sense.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:33:32

Too big... Too big and flashy... I don't like it. Maybe when the rest of the site blends in I'll get used to it... but I don't like it. The new slogan is too ....blunt? I cant explain it... it's no good... I can't say I like anything about this change x_x

i miss the old one... =(

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:33:58

Like the 5000 people before me, the logo changed just as I went to the homepage. It was scary. I literally went, "WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, WOAH..." for about half a minute before finally scrolling down to read the news. Here is what was going through my mind when I read it, NO SH** SHERLOCK. I mean, that sucker's big enough to be seen from space! But seriously, the new header is pimpin'. Does that thing come with hydraulics?

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:34:39

Haha, I was browsing a thread, clicked general and was like "HOLY SHIT NEW HEADER"

It's looks pretty nice, I miss the old slogan though. :(

i think newgrounds is a pretty cool guy. eh makes falsh and doesn't afraid of anything.

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:35:10

At 2/14/06 07:29 PM, DeadPixels wrote: Oh, and another thing i was going to say.

I think you should flash it up a bit. Put a few electrical beeps when clicking the buttons etc...

do NOT do this!!

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:35:25

Ah, I really like fresh news when everything haven't yet updated. =)

Link.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:35:30

I for one am loving it!

Apologies aren't what I look for. Redemption is what I want!

Look at my profile to see a true cockhead! DO IT NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 19:35:42

I just saw this. I think it will take a lot of time to get used it.