00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Big Brother is Watching

62,283 Views | 395 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 19:48:51

At 1/9/03 07:32 PM, RyoHahn wrote:
At 1/9/03 07:21 PM, versusraven wrote: hahah, the whole blam club is screwed.

roffel
wrong answer asshole. The BC is going to be fine. I am telling you. check tomorrow and I bet the blam rate will be high

You called the shit .... poop! ............

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 19:50:10

At 1/9/03 05:46 PM, lil_Ginny wrote: I propose the following:

1) if a flash artist (director/animator/programer what ever they want to call themselves) his/her batting average falls to a certain level they may not submit a movie till its approved by an admin or a group of "watchdogs" who will judge if this movie is worth being put up, or just more filler for the obituary page.

2) if a flash artist (see above) has an extreamly good rating (batting average) then he/she can submit freely their masterpieces.

I know that people submit movies all the time and so you would need a few "watchdogs" all the time to review movies submitted at any given moment or they could be put in a hopper for the "WD's" to view and put in the portal.

good idea that will keep a lot of shit blammed out of NG out of NG.this is a way better idea then penilizing blamers because they clear the shit out of the way for the good flashes

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 19:51:28

At 1/9/03 06:46 PM, RyoHahn wrote: I mean come on. 85% of teh stuff uploaded a day is crap. I mean thanks to that cunt SYNJ we have 50 clown movies a day. and then you tell me not to be mad and vote zero? Yeah, that is why I came to NG to see a clown shake his cock. Please cut the shit. crap will be balmmed. good stuff will be saved. and that is that.

True that man

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 19:51:56

ne one who hasn;t made a movie should be able to vote face it no one caes bout "effort" if ur amused by it the n thats wut counts and so i think its beter if people who havn;t made flash vote

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 19:52:11

I dunno, I personally think that you should only track votes that go against what happens to a movie (i.e. if the user votes to blam a protected movie or votes to protect a blammed movie). I sometimes vote a lot of zeroes on movies in the "just submitted" list because on some days 95% of the stuff there is crap.

So, I don't think tons of zero votes necessarily mean the person isn't voting fairly; I think the context of what the votes were towards needs to be considered as well.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 19:53:17

I quess every one will have to change there auras to light now. lol. I agree with people being to harsh of voters. but someone has to clean the crap off this site. but ive seen some real good stuff get blamed. just because someone did not like it. And i've noticed the blam team has been saying that all the files that get posted on the blam site to have been stolen. and have seen alot of stuff on the blam list and tried to save them just because of how descent and original the looked.
But the stick shit Sux!!!

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 19:53:46

At 1/9/03 07:09 PM, Othello wrote:

and to that fucking retard who gave a list of things he votes 0 on always, your whats wrong with this site. your the scourge destroying this community. some clock movies are very good for example yet you vote 0 on them no matter what. thats what tom is talking about with voting 0 on decent movies, but its not just clock movies. bunch of lamers and newbies.

... If that was in reply to my post (which I think it is) you are great at making assumptions. I've watched a lot of movies. I vote fairly on most everything, too. I was just giving a 'list' of stuff that seems like common sense to vote 0 on. For instance - When was the last time you went to a new entry in the Portal that was 3kb (the movie description didn't say it was just a link to something good, like the Chipmunkz Gansta Rap, I love that movie) and expected it to be good? Why wouldn't you vote 0 on things like that, without even watching? 'Cause, we're all telepathic! That's right. Everyone knows that something >20kb that isn't just a link to something much larger isn't going to be the next Domo-Kun.

...Did I say anything at all about the Clock Crew in that post? I don't think so... And I never said anything about any group of people. I just pointed out that Tricky was 'quickly exhausted'.

What you just said was completely hypocritical. You blew up at a single post I made, and made all sorts of assumptions about me. Were you on some secret undercover mission to see if I was the 'scourge destroying this community?'? I hope not. What you did was just what you critisized me for doing. Making assumptions and acting on them.

I thought my post was a constructive response. Take some midol, and have a nap.

Love VikingKitten

P.S. I find most lamers/newbies don't use capital letters and/or punctuation. Not that all the people that don't type with good grammar are like that, but it's just something I've found over a period of time.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 19:56:02

crap...

BBS Signature

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:02:42

Well of course it doesn't seem like there is a way to stop all the movies that suck but some(actually a lot) of movies that are on might deserve a zero.

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:03:32

the fucking blam guy that go for a 0 on every movie exist on every sites and gonna exist for ever...
just because NG gonna do some action to stop that,this gonna not be the end of this shit

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:03:54

At 1/9/03 06:46 PM, RyoHahn wrote: ok I might as well say something. I really don't care that someone is watchinh how I vote. I mean, to all you flash artist out there. you think this is goona help you? If you are one of the few who just draw two sticks moving and call it "ART" and expect it to get a ratings but are mad when it is blammd. this news won't help you it will still be balmmed. I mean come on. 85% of teh stuff uploaded a day is crap. I mean look at teh portal. 145 uploaded 135 balmmed. what does that tell you. Now I am the #3 blammer of all time. And I know for that alone people are gonna to say my voting is one sided but it's not. I mean I am not one of those people who have something against clocks or anything. I am fair. but I can't help it if A movie sucks. I mean thanks to that cunt SYNJ we have 50 clown movies a day. and then you tell me not to be mad and vote zero? Yeah, that is why I came to NG to see a clown shake his cock. Please cut the shit. crap will be balmmed. good stuff will be saved. and that is that.

hey, just tell me where your mouth is and I'll suffocate it happily with my redwoodcock, okay Ryo?

I WISH Tricky was my baby, but the true father is Sulkoma. haha

Anyway, regarding this whole issue, I have already expressed several angles on this in a very similar thread to this one so I'll just paste the link.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=43205&page=3

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:10:42

At 1/9/03 08:03 PM, synj wrote: hey, just tell me where your mouth is and I'll suffocate it happily with my redwoodcock, okay Ryo?

go fuck yourself. I don't acer who made teh clown, YOU WERE TEH ONE TO MAKE THAT DAMN MOVIE. Oh and trust me. I am not teh only user who would love to tie you to a wall and stone you.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:11:57

At 1/9/03 04:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've noticed there are users who vote 0 on EVERY SINGLE movie that comes in to the Portal, so we are now tracking your voting habits. Don't be surprised if your experience points become a big fat 0, just like your votes. :)

If you vote fairly, there is nothing to worry about. It is very obvious when a user votes 0 on everything.

I've read through all four pages of comments, and there are many points, some valid, some invalid. I'm nto going to debate on any of them.

Rather, I have a question for you, Tom. It seems, for clarification sake, that you are trying to weed out the people who simply go to the portal's most recent, open the page, and click zero, then move onto the next movie/game. That's how I understand what you're saying, correct?

I think there is a lot of confusion, with people saying they vote zero on "crap" and five on "gold". I think the best way to remedy the situation, if it's possible, is not let people vote on movies/games until they first watch them; I don't think the code for that would be hard, since it sort of mimics the inability to vote on something more than once per day. Perhaps more difficult than this is adding something that wouldn't let people vote until the movie was fully loaded, rather than just opening the window, and closing it again.

That's my two cents, anyway. It would definitely hinder their rapid progression, and, even though it would not completely stamp it out, they'd then at least have to watch the movie, or play the game, (hopefully) at least teaching them to watch before voting.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:13:18

Being a clock, I see a lot of people say "Good movie, but I'm still voting zero." See, apparently, "All clockz are teh gayzorz!" See I didn't know that.

Stupid blamming bastards...

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:15:01

At 1/9/03 08:10 PM, RyoHahn wrote:
At 1/9/03 08:03 PM, synj wrote: hey, just tell me where your mouth is and I'll suffocate it happily with my redwoodcock, okay Ryo?
go fuck yourself. I don't acer who made teh clown, YOU WERE TEH ONE TO MAKE THAT DAMN MOVIE. Oh and trust me. I am not teh only user who would love to tie you to a wall and stone you.

go ahead, my breasts would deflect all projectiles even though they are soft and sexy.

and it wasn't a movie. it was a GAME. and it was EXCITING. haha

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:17:22

That's stupid on so many levels. So he made something that fueled the Tricky stuff more? You don't think people made more of the clown just to piss off the people who hated him, too? You too caused a lot of the Tricky movies to be made, from all your bitching. Anyway, it's pretty much passed now. We'll all just have to wait for the BUBBA phase. *grin*

Anyway, I think Synj is pretty cool, and I always consider it a bad idea to bash someone that has a lot more seniority than me. Also, Synj draws some stuff for Tom. I'm sure Synj has became one of Toms' friends. And I'm sure he's like most people, and doesn't like his friends being bashed.

Yeah, I may be a kiss ass... Hug? CURSE!

I love how all of Tom's posts get way off course. Heh.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:18:24

At 1/9/03 08:15 PM, synj wrote: go ahead, my breasts would deflect all projectiles even though they are soft and sexy.

and it wasn't a movie. it was a GAME. and it was EXCITING. haha

Can you feel the love in here, synj? :P

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:21:28

At 1/9/03 08:17 PM, VikingKitten wrote:
That's stupid on so many levels. So he made something that fueled the Tricky stuff more? You don't think people made more of the clown just to piss off the people who hated him, too? You too caused a lot of the Tricky movies to be made, from all your bitching. Anyway, it's pretty much passed now. We'll all just have to wait for the BUBBA phase. *grin*

Anyway, I think Synj is pretty cool, and I always consider it a bad idea to bash someone that has a lot more seniority than me. Also, Synj draws some stuff for Tom. I'm sure Synj has became one of Toms' friends. And I'm sure he's like most people, and doesn't like his friends being bashed.

believe me, I like his work too. Him as a flash artist I have no problem with that. I mean what get's me mad (as well as others) how many clown movies did you see on NG before? I barely saw any. after he made that movie they came in by the shit load. i mean do you find that funny? a clown shaking his penis? last time I check that was gay. I have nothing against gays. I am jsut saying I don't need to see taht everytime I click to watch a movie you know? and no matter what it is his fault.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:21:57

so what if we vote 0 alot because the movies deserve zeroes?

you don't know if i'm joking or not

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:23:25

looks like i better change my name :(

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:23:54

oh sure just cuz im participated in 12 crappy entries and 0 quality ones Tom has to watch who vote what on movies..man thats shit..i mean..the portal is beasically crap..the movies/games i mean..i dont give every single movie a blam..i vote them fairly..dammit

"It's sad. All these kids have to do school at home. Homeschooling. How long until a teacher fucks one of her students?" - Mark Normand

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:24:05

I would just like to say a few things, and maybe have some feedback from you objective readers. First of all, I agree with this new system to a point. I mean, a lot of movies that come in the portal are crap and were only submitted probably "just to submit something" so 0's are neccessary to get this crap of this wonderfull site. Second of all, I'd like to address people's voting habits period. You guys should watch the movie, and carefully and objectively vote EXACTLY what the movie deserves. Becuase I'm sure there are some people who hate certain types of movies, exp: Stick, clock, etc. And as a result give those movies a low score. Keep in mind, this site is for the community to participate in. Not everybody is a magnificent artist. Not everybody can draw a perfect human or anime body. So they do their best at presenting the best stick movie they can. And some of them really look like the author put a tremendous amount of his/her time putting it together for us. So, please, I cannot stress this enough, if you're going to take the time to watch the movie, take the time to give it a fair and just vote. Thank you.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:24:44

I think i have an idea for the code thing that prevents voting until you watch.... how about the voting bar appears in the movie window, but only after a certain amount of time/when the movie's finished?

Not sure how this would work with games, but might help.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:27:45

It is about time the idiot spam blammers get what they deserve.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:28:34

At 1/9/03 08:21 PM, RyoHahn wrote:
At 1/9/03 08:17 PM, VikingKitten wrote:

believe me, I like his work too. Him as a flash artist I have no problem with that. I mean what get's me mad (as well as others) how many clown movies did you see on NG before? I barely saw any. after he made that movie they came in by the shit load. i mean do you find that funny? a clown shaking his penis? last time I check that was gay. I have nothing against gays. I am jsut saying I don't need to see taht everytime I click to watch a movie you know? and no matter what it is his fault.

Phrase it like that, then. You could of said it in the very beginning - 'And I really dislike that damn Synj for making the whole Tricky thing skyrocket. Not many people like Tricky.' I mean, you called HIM a 'cunt'. Hrmph. Makes sense to me...? Although the whole bouncing breasts thing just has me all confused. So I'll stop now, before I get hurt.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:32:06

I think that I'm a very fair voter and my record shows that, just because I don't like some of the crap that goes up and vote zero does not warrant me being threatened by Wade. If the majority of movies suck and I am on Newgrounds all day and all night then the majority of my votes are zero. So now I'm going to be banned for spending all my free time at Newgrounds? And what exactly is a "quality movie" when many movies with high scores are crap that have a campaign getting it to stay on the site? Go ahead and blam me I dare u.

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:37:01

Guess I'll just have to vote 1 o all movies from now on.

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:40:53

I Vote on crappy movies intentoinally, cause im on 56K. There all I have time for, and wanna help the portal. I'll be pissed if my account ever got bomber with 0 exp.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:41:38

I think alot of the people here are lying about how they vote

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-09 20:41:58

At 1/9/03 08:24 PM, Xerexus wrote: I would just like to say a few things, and maybe have some feedback from you objective readers.

wait a second were now being preached by some guy whos at level 1.FUK U

Big Brother is Watching