Respond to this Topic
DuMa-RyoHahn
DuMa-RyoHahn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 06:46 PM Reply

ok I might as well say something. I really don't care that someone is watchinh how I vote. I mean, to all you flash artist out there. you think this is goona help you? If you are one of the few who just draw two sticks moving and call it "ART" and expect it to get a ratings but are mad when it is blammd. this news won't help you it will still be balmmed. I mean come on. 85% of teh stuff uploaded a day is crap. I mean look at teh portal. 145 uploaded 135 balmmed. what does that tell you. Now I am the #3 blammer of all time. And I know for that alone people are gonna to say my voting is one sided but it's not. I mean I am not one of those people who have something against clocks or anything. I am fair. but I can't help it if A movie sucks. I mean thanks to that cunt SYNJ we have 50 clown movies a day. and then you tell me not to be mad and vote zero? Yeah, that is why I came to NG to see a clown shake his cock. Please cut the shit. crap will be balmmed. good stuff will be saved. and that is that.

Big Brother is Watching

lil-Ginny
lil-Ginny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 06:46 PM Reply

Nicely writen =)

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Sorry, if I came across as being a jerk, but I get sick of replies to my bad reviews that say, "You haven't made a flash, so shut up".

But, you are right, there are those who are ignorant of Flash and still vote zero constantly. That is very annoying.

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 06:49 PM Reply

Very nicely put, RyoHahn.

Omnibus
Omnibus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 06:50 PM Reply

At 1/9/03 06:27 PM, VikingKitten wrote: Oh, yeah. I was also wondering if the topic name came from the book '1984'. I just read it about a month ago, and noticed 'Big Brother' and couldn't help but think of that book.

Yes, it's really famous and used a lot, IU'm surprised you haven't seen it more.

KnightX9
KnightX9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate

If that's what has to be done so be it. If you vote fairly then it's no big deal.

DuMa-RyoHahn
DuMa-RyoHahn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate

At 1/9/03 06:49 PM, Hang10Fett wrote: Very nicely put, RyoHahn.

thank you. i jsut want to be fair about it. I don't think it is cool to vote zero on a movie that dervers a better vote. But, come on a stick moving is not a movie. it is crap

FieryGrave
FieryGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 06:51 PM Reply

that is FUCKING AWSOME!

Big Brother is Watching

6slip6knot6
6slip6knot6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 06:54 PM Reply

Those bitches just want exp for voting. they dont care about newgrounds we should kick there ass's for
fucking with newgrounds!

Big Brother is Watching

VikingKitten
VikingKitten
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 1/9/03 06:50 PM, Omnibus wrote:
Yes, it's really famous and used a lot, IU'm surprised you haven't seen it more.

Yeah, I think I saw it once or twice, but I never understood it 'til I read the book. Although, I know it's a famous book, since I read it for a class, and the assignment was to read stuff that she put on a list that she dubbed 'famous books'. So I'm not surprised it's used often.

thisisasignin
thisisasignin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:02 PM Reply

I thought NG staff always monitored user voting habbits and had records of how people voted anyway

BBS Signature
SpriteRemixClock
SpriteRemixClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:05 PM Reply

i like this system.........faggots that just play around on the site will get what they deserve......ive already noticed the system in use......but it has its own flaws.
even though i vote fairly, sometimes when i decided to blam a crap movie i get an error message that says "stop trying to cheat the system!" what the hells up with that? makes no sense because i vote with dignity

i love that 1984 reference. i just read that book in literature class

big brother is watching

Kainsdoom
Kainsdoom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:07 PM Reply

At 1/9/03 06:23 PM, Open_sketchbook wrote: I say that people that have never made a movie and submited it should not be able to vote. Some people who have never made flash before vote 0 on anything that comes up because they do not know how much effort is needed to make a frame by frame movie. This would cut down on the buttheads that vote 0 on things they don't know about. I mean, most people will just go to download flash and then submit a dot that doesn't do anything to get to blam stuff again. But at least the major idiots would be removed from the voting system, so the people whovote will be the ones who know the difficulties of making flash. I am tired of spending days on a movie just to get it blammed by losers who don't know the efforts put into it.

I don't agree, Just like Hang10Fett said. Just because a person has not entered a movie doesn't mean they aren't knowledgable on how difficult they are to make. Maybe they don't feel like entering crap onto the site untill they are more talented in making flash. Either way, they are made to be watched and if they aren't worth watching they shouldn't be on a comunity website. People can make they're own wesites if they feel they aren't getting any respect. But you know what. If you can't handle failure, then you should be creating things. Because its just like anything else in life. You aren't good at it without practice. Do you want inexpierienced people making your cars or planes that you ride in? Or putting out crappy movies that you go to the movies to watch? No, why is this any different?

Othello
Othello
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:09 PM Reply

At 1/9/03 05:46 PM, lil_Ginny wrote: Well like most people here this new policy may affect me only becuse of the recent (or continueng) barage of crappy flash submissions. Sure I feel there are some people who vote straight down the zero path on every and all movies (regardless of watching them) but then there are the true fair and impartial judges (Like Myself) who view the movie first then respond with a vote and an ocasional review (when warented good/bad).
Most people will look at this new policy in discust becuse of not the voting habbits of the viewer, but moreover the EFFORT of the flash Director.

I propose the following:

1) if a flash artist (director/animator/programer what ever they want to call themselves) his/her batting average falls to a certain level they may not submit a movie till its approved by an admin or a group of "watchdogs" who will judge if this movie is worth being put up, or just more filler for the obituary page.

2) if a flash artist (see above) has an extreamly good rating (batting average) then he/she can submit freely their masterpieces.

Now, if this policy is put into place the blamers couldn't blam becuse all the movies are approved.

I know that people submit movies all the time and so you would need a few "watchdogs" all the time to review movies submitted at any given moment or they could be put in a hopper for the "WD's" to view and put in the portal.

My final thought:
Is newgrounds becoming a 'police state' on the net where everyone's actions and reactions are going to be restricted towards the views of the few in charge?

do you even know whata police state is? for christ sake this watch dog tribunal your suggesting is almost completely making it a police state! you wouldnt be able to submit anything that isnt approved by a select group of people! jeezus! furthermore, do you not see that people who vote 0 on everything are themselves censoring the artists and propogating a police state by there actions? artists are afraid to submit there work, thats why you get mainly bad work. movies dont seem to be rated on anythign besides size length and graphics anymore. sure you have every right to vote whatever for whatever reason you want, but its not gunna be allowed if its destroying a community. some excellent flash has been released yes, but also a lot of good and decent flash has been kept hidden from this community. when you put a lot of work into a movie and its not super great it might get blammed, its very demoralising to have that happen, when the person knows they did the best they could. and to that fucking retard who gave a list of things he votes 0 on always, your whats wrong with this site. your the scourge destroying this community. some clock movies are very good for example yet you vote 0 on them no matter what. thats what tom is talking about with voting 0 on decent movies, but its not just clock movies. bunch of lamers and newbies.

Kainsdoom
Kainsdoom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:11 PM Reply

At 1/9/03 06:46 PM, RyoHahn wrote:

:crap will be blammed. good stuff will be saved. and that is that.

I agree with you 100%

NJDeadzone
NJDeadzone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:12 PM Reply

i'm a 5 or 0 voter, primarily since i try to keep the good stuff on portal and eliminate the crap, i'm sure that you if see my record i do have a good amount of 0s, but i like having the power to change ratings. That's why i've been voting so much, therefore i hope i'm not punished for being ambitious.

Tropicana
Tropicana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:20 PM Reply

At 1/9/03 04:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've noticed there are users who vote 0 on EVERY SINGLE movie that comes in to the Portal, so we are now tracking your voting habits. Don't be surprised if your experience points become a big fat 0, just like your votes. :)

If you vote fairly, there is nothing to worry about. It is very obvious when a user votes 0 on everything.

I love you tom <3
you should also do this with people who vote 0 on cc movies regardless of the quality of the movie

Saturday
Saturday
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:21 PM Reply

hahah, the whole blam club is screwed.

roffel

BBS Signature
newportsmoker420
newportsmoker420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:23 PM Reply

ok. So if we voice our opinions on dumb shit by giving it 0's we are punished. fuck that then. then we'll stop voting. Besides most of the new shit sucks

KoRn-DuDe-2002
KoRn-DuDe-2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:23 PM Reply

then what the fuck is point of haveing to choose ur side like if ur dark or light i think if they say 0 its their opinion i reolize that it might put some good ones lower thaqn what they should be but still if they r good theyll bring themselves back up.. its just my opinion on it.

bOOmertheCHUNKY
bOOmertheCHUNKY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 1/9/03 04:22 PM, TomFulp wrote:

y didn't u do this a long time ago?

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:29 PM Reply

Gah? Hmmm...yesh...meh likes it.

picomaniac
picomaniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:29 PM Reply

this is stupid. us dark users really help out in the portal. we BLAM all the stupid shit that doesn't deserve to be on the portal. there are some people praising the new rule. now im gonna go from lvl 9 to lvl 1. thats bull. i spend plenty of time here and don't deserve to have my exp. points taken away. i mean i do vote 0 on a lot cuz most of the crap on the 50 most recent is shit! it deserves to be BLAMMED!!!

DuMa-RyoHahn
DuMa-RyoHahn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 1/9/03 07:21 PM, versusraven wrote: hahah, the whole blam club is screwed.

roffel

wrong answer asshole. The BC is going to be fine. I am telling you. check tomorrow and I bet the blam rate will be high

bOOmertheCHUNKY
bOOmertheCHUNKY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 1/9/03 05:16 PM, Demonic_Pengin wrote: How's this....

Movies that you vote 0 on that get blammed do nothing. Movies that you voted 0 on that survived with a score, say above 2.00 or so are added to a tally. When the tally gets a bit large, you are warned to vote fairly. If you do not heed the warning, some kind of punishment ensues. Anybody think that might work?

me

3q5dtu
3q5dtu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:41 PM Reply

Ok. . . well if u want it that way it's fine with me. But whatever you do dont blame us that you guys up there and Troma and possibly any other ppl who support you financially can't pay for the bandwith

RKO420
RKO420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:42 PM Reply

What if your a blam club memeber?

Big Brother is Watching

Buck-Uncle
Buck-Uncle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:43 PM Reply

There is alot of crap on newgrounds, which is usually why I vote zeros, and I don't vote otherwise unless its awsome, then its a five, so too bad people, don't cry.

If your gonna ban people for voting zero then why is Zero an option to vote with, you should therefor loose the zero vote then and make 1 the lowest, then there is nothing to worry about, although if your gonna do that you had better buy a larger HD for your server, cus It's gonna fill up quick!

Big Brother is Watching

Buck-Uncle
Buck-Uncle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:45 PM Reply

The threshold whatever it is set to should be raised quite a bit, when people see that there are nor movies on the server below a 2, that will mean people will only submit the good shit

Big Brother is Watching

skyline-gtr-racer
skyline-gtr-racer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Big Brother is Watching Jan. 9th, 2003 @ 07:47 PM Reply

TOM when i vote ok lets say a movie is at 2 if i think the movie deserves a 1 im gonna vote 0 cuz itsa stronger so it'll bring it closer to one or if i think the movie deserves a 4 i'll vote 5 to get it closer to 4 so like maybe think bout that? i dunno if ne oen else votes liek that but yeh