New Topic Respond to this Topic
bakem0n0
bakem0n0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 11:09:11 Reply

At 2/13/06 11:03 AM, MatthewTheLion wrote: For the record, I don't think Mr. Robertson is insane. I think he's just upset.
And why shouldn't he?

Because being pissed about abortion is not a reason to claim to be able to divert hurricanes, that's why.

<deleted>
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 14:49:43 Reply

At 2/13/06 11:09 AM, bakem0n0 wrote: be able to divert hurricanes,

When did he ever say that?

singleservingfriend
singleservingfriend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 15:42:10 Reply

At 2/13/06 03:05 PM, KemCab wrote: The guy has problems-
- he's anti women's rights
- pro-Christian and anti-Everything else
- anti-liberal

...among other things.

How do you know he's not just being an attention whore by saying really stupid things on TV to get attention?

That may be true but using his protein shake i packed 12 lbs of muscle on my frame and lost all my homosexual urges.

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 16:04:30 Reply

At 2/13/06 03:42 PM, singleservingfriend wrote:
That may be true but using his protein shake i packed 12 lbs of muscle on my frame and lost all my homosexual urges.

LOL!!!!!!!

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 16:06:48 Reply

At 2/13/06 11:03 AM, MatthewTheLion wrote: For the record, I don't think Mr. Robertson is insane. I think he's just upset.

And why shouldn't he?

That's funny, because at 8 weeks, like in this picture, a fetus can't feel pain, survive outside of the womb, hell, it can't do anything but duplicate its cells. Go peddle your zygote loving wares elsewhere.

Pat Robertson-insane or just senile

Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 16:09:19 Reply

At 2/13/06 04:06 PM, mackid wrote: That's funny, because at 8 weeks, like in this picture, a fetus can't feel pain, survive outside of the womb, hell, it can't do anything but duplicate its cells. Go peddle your zygote loving wares elsewhere.

It's still a life. Just because it can't feel pain it deserves to be sucked from the womb, and have its brains scrambled and thrown away. Abortion is sick.

bakem0n0
bakem0n0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 17:10:25 Reply

At 2/13/06 02:49 PM, MatthewTheLion wrote:
At 2/13/06 11:09 AM, bakem0n0 wrote:
When did he ever say that?

In 1985, when he claimed to have diverted Hurricane Gloria away from his company's headquarters and toward the athiest devils. And since that wasn't enough, he did it again in 1995.

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 17:16:05 Reply

Can we deal with this topic (abortion) on another thread, please?

GunCrave
GunCrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 18:11:51 Reply

At 2/13/06 03:05 PM, KemCab wrote: The guy has problems-
- he's anti women's rights

More liberal rhetoric.

- pro-Christian and anti-Everything else

He's pro-capitalist.

- anti-liberal

If that's true then I'll send him a check in the male. Even if I am not part of his religion. It has always been my belief that genital herpes has a greater purpose than liberals.

...among other things.

How do you know he's not just being an attention whore by saying really stupid things on TV to get attention?

I agree with that.

Hunter-X
Hunter-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 18:17:08 Reply

At 2/12/06 04:02 PM, GorillaUnit485 wrote: "Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians..."

At least liberal America isn't systematically slaughtering millions of evangelical Christians.

GorillaUnit485
GorillaUnit485
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 19:01:34 Reply

Well, If a liberal does become president, and Pat Robertson was right about the next holocaust thing, I think Pat should do the right thing and volunteer to be the first to go.

jlwelch
jlwelch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 20:22:14 Reply

Personally, I think it would be funny as hell if Pat Robertson DID manage to become President of the United States somehow...LOL that would be so striking it would be awesome in its hilarity! Imagine what the State of the Union would be like! LOL

MortifiedPenguins
MortifiedPenguins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 20:34:33 Reply

At 2/13/06 07:01 PM, GorillaUnit485 wrote: Well, If a liberal does become president, and Pat Robertson was right about the next holocaust thing, I think Pat should do the right thing and volunteer to be the first to go.

I don't think a self declared liberal would ever get elected.

Hell the democrats are already having trouble enough and thier like Liberal Light.

Between the idea And the reality
Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow
An argument in Logic

BBS Signature
mjairlax
mjairlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 20:55:13 Reply

high he is high. Probaly on acid. But I wonder if he could deflect Hurricanes. I know lets put Pat Robertson in front of every Hurricane and have him deflect them

AbstractVagabond
AbstractVagabond
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-13 23:14:21 Reply

And why shouldn't he?

Change those fetuses to chickens and you have the PETA website.

Land of the greed, home of the slave.

<deleted>
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 12:10:34 Reply

At 2/13/06 05:10 PM, bakem0n0 wrote: In 1985, when he claimed to have diverted Hurricane Gloria

Did he take FULL credit for it, or were others involved?

away from his company's headquarters and toward the athiest devils.

That's not true.

bakem0n0
bakem0n0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 14:52:29 Reply

At 2/14/06 12:10 PM, MatthewTheLion wrote:
At 2/13/06 05:10 PM, bakem0n0 wrote: In 1985, when he claimed to have diverted Hurricane Gloria
Did he take FULL credit for it, or were others involved?

away from his company's headquarters and toward the athiest devils.
That's not true.

Yes, it is. I can't find the actual quote at the moment; the closest I found was Wikipedia's reference of it.

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 15:50:27 Reply

At 2/13/06 08:22 PM, jlwelch wrote: Personally, I think it would be funny as hell if Pat Robertson DID manage to become President of the United States somehow...LOL that would be so striking it would be awesome in its hilarity! Imagine what the State of the Union would be like! LOL

It would go:

Praise jesus, jesus praise praise jesus praise jesus praise jesus. And then the room would applaud and the arabs would crash a 747 into the House chamber (I think is where it is held). Or, maybe, the 747 wouldn't hit the Capitol. Or maybe pat will never get elected. Thankfully.

TehChahlesh
TehChahlesh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 15:52:52 Reply

At 2/12/06 04:02 PM, GorillaUnit485 wrote:
This man is a ridiculed icon in American politics.

Okay, I fixed yout typo.

The average BBS user couldn't detect sarcasm if it was shoved up his ass.
Roses Are Red Violets are Blue
I'm Schizophrenic and so am I

bakem0n0
bakem0n0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 15:54:58 Reply

At 2/14/06 03:50 PM, mackid wrote:
At 2/13/06 08:22 PM, jlwelch wrote: Personally, I think it would be funny as hell if Pat Robertson DID manage to become President of the United States somehow...LOL that would be so striking it would be awesome in its hilarity! Imagine what the State of the Union would be like! LOL
It would go:

Praise jesus, jesus praise praise jesus praise jesus praise jesus. And then the room would applaud and the arabs would crash a 747 into the House chamber (I think is where it is held). Or, maybe, the 747 wouldn't hit the Capitol. Or maybe pat will never get elected. Thankfully.

If you want a good impression of what it would be like, read "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" It's a sermon given by a Puritan named Jonathan Edwards. It's hilarious til you realize he's serious.

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 16:02:04 Reply

Yeah, those jesus-freaks are funny as hell. Until you realize that they're serious, as you said.

i found a website called jesusfreaks.net. Odd, no? But to be expected.

bakem0n0
bakem0n0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 16:05:27 Reply

At 2/14/06 04:02 PM, mackid wrote: i found a website called jesusfreaks.net. Odd, no? But to be expected.

Horrible waste of good page design skills.

therealsylvos
therealsylvos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 21:44:12 Reply

At 2/12/06 04:08 PM, GorillaUnit485 wrote: Anyone who talks about politics is ridiculed, even us here on this forum.

The fact is, this man is on television, and that makes me very sad.

dont give me that crap "YOur like hitler" has been thrown around by libs too and in tv!!!! politicians as whole make me very sad

TANSTAAFL.
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

BBS Signature
therealsylvos
therealsylvos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 21:48:03 Reply

At 2/14/06 09:44 PM, therealsylvos wrote:
At 2/12/06 04:08 PM, GorillaUnit485 wrote: Anyone who talks about politics is ridiculed, even us here on this forum.

The fact is, this man is on television, and that makes me very sad.
dont give me that crap "YOur like hitler" has been thrown around by libs too and in tv!!!! politicians as whole make me very sad

"on tv"

TANSTAAFL.
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

BBS Signature
jlwelch
jlwelch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 22:14:11 Reply

At 2/12/06 05:54 PM, MatthewTheLion wrote: Here are some of my favorite quotes from Robertson:

:::: "The courts are merely a ruse, if you will, for humanist, atheistic educators to beat up on Christians."

You may think he sounds crazy here but there is actually good reason for such belief:

http://www.worldnetd..asp?ARTICLE_ID=38268

http://www.freerepub..f-news/1301785/posts

http://www.jesus-is-.._labeled_as_hate.htm

Long story short, it is apparently a "hate crime" to quote the Bible now...

:::: (talking about Planned Parenthood) "It is teaching kids to fornicate, teaching people to have adultery, every kind of bestiality, homosexuality, lesbianism-everything that the Bible condemns."

What is wrong with that quote? Legalizing abortions means people can do whatever immoral thing they want and not have to deal with any consequence. Explain to me how that does NOT teach kids or even adults for that matter that you can now do such things freely.

:::: "You see what happened in 1962. They took prayer out of the schools. The next year the Supreme Court ordered Bible reading taken from the schools. And then progressing, liberals, most of them atheistic educators, have pushed to remove all religion from the lives of children...The people who wrote the "Humanist Manifesto" and their pupils and their disciples are in charge of education in America today."

I don't know anything about the Humanist Manifesto, but the gist of this statement is verifiably true. You can no longer even mention the Bible in schools.

http://www.worldnetd..asp?ARTICLE_ID=44223

:::: "How can there be peace when drunkards, drug dealers, communists, atheists, New Age worshipers of Satan, secular humanists, oppressive dictators, greedy money changers, revolutionary assassins, adulterers, and homosexuals are on top?"

This is a valid question...and it makes sense...what is wrong with it?

His other quotes were most likely attacks on opposing groups made out of frusteration. Only in America, where the majority of people are Christian, could attacks like these:

http://www.lyricz.ne../Negativland/132234/

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/255060

be tolerated whilst a simple quoting of the Bible is considered hate speech and likely to get you a jail sentence! Pat Robertson is not crazy, and even if you are not christian, you still have to admire someone who can get on television and broadcast what he believes despite these events.

jlwelch
jlwelch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 22:41:56 Reply

lolzords! No one has responded to argue my post in quite some time...must be cuz they know I am right! BOO-YAH!!!

Pat Robertson-insane or just senile

bakem0n0
bakem0n0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2006-02-14 23:15:56 Reply

At 2/14/06 10:41 PM, jlwelch wrote: lolzords! No one has responded to argue my post in quite some time...must be cuz they know I am right! BOO-YAH!!!

WTF, I get bored and play a game of Go and return to see that some twit has declared himself vicorious?

All you have proven is that there are people who take Political Correctness too far. Wow. Amazing. Just because there are other stupid assholes in the world doesn't change the fact that Pat's one too.

riceroni
riceroni
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2013-04-03 17:43:23 Reply

At 2/13/06 04:06 PM, HighlyIllogical wrote:

And why shouldn't he?
That's funny, because at 8 weeks, like in this picture, a fetus can't feel pain, survive outside of the womb, hell, it can't do anything but duplicate its cells. Go peddle your zygote loving wares elsewhere.

What's even funnier is the hypocrite contards who wan these babies born so bad (many of them into destitution) are cutting programs like WIC, SNAP, day care, head start, HUD, etc... basically anything that would assist said fetus become baby in being housed, clothed, fed, and educated to any adequate level.

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2013-04-03 18:41:09 Reply

It's best to just ignore people like him.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Pat Robertson-insane or just senile 2013-04-04 02:15:06 Reply

At 2/12/06 05:57 PM, The-Dran wrote:
At 2/12/06 05:47 PM, Proteas wrote: So the liberal left in this isn't out to destroy and persecute the conservative movement in this country? Is that you mean?
Yep... because the conservatives are the ones that want to destroy the other political side.

Liberals quite frankly care, but won't act so merciless towards the opposition.

might wanna double check that. the left is far more cutthroat then the right would ever dare to be. it's the liberals who will bring up ANYTHING in order to harm their opponent. for example, they made a media circus of the Romney bully story, something that he did as a teenager to attack him.

did the right pound away at Obama's drug use? no. Did the right pound away at Obama's racist lines from his book? no.

If anything the right isn't cutthroat enough.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.