00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of January, TV Appearance!

15,793 Views | 132 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 12:55:40

People who voted for Germaine's Webcam are lame. Chances are if the next episode was just a jpeg of a nipple for 5 minutes, it would snag $250.
Anyhoo, nice to see Dim get another $250.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 13:18:00

woohoo

Please stop the Rickrolling!

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 13:25:51

LMAO, Seventh place on the Gayest showdown. I'm surprized my stupid movie went as far as it did.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 13:41:14

Really cool. I watch it everyday, unless it is one of the days I have night class at the college.

It would be great if AOTS had a segment every week! Or a new "It came from Newwwwgrounndsss!!!" everyday!

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 13:48:03

At 2/9/06 09:50 AM, TomFulp wrote: RUNNER UP MOVIES:

6. Bankomat

What the fuck. This is one of the reasons why I was originally opposed to this sort of monthly prize money thing. People aren't interested in the artistic values, just the mindless entertainment.

I have to echo both Denvish and Rabid-Echidna's sentiments on this one. I voted this month for the first time in a couple because Kol-Belov had submitted another movie and it was AMAZING. Honestly, I don't think any other artist has such a firm grasp on the concept of camera effects as Kol-Belov does. Few can animate, draw, and coordinate so cleanly, yet time and time again his efforts go un-noticed because he doesn't take the easy way out with mindless entertainment.

The monthly best flash, I thought, was a way to get exposure and recognition to the awesome work that isn't already making the money with the work they're putting out. I feel it should be a nice surprise for the artists that work so hard expecting nothing in return to actually get something for their efforts.

That being said, I'm going to go completely hypocritical and congratulate Psycho_Goldfish for his award-winning game. It was and is definitely hotness.

The monthly winner of $100 (and a Walkman and t-shirt) is Aibou_Sephira!

Congratulations to that lucky girl. It'd make my week to have 100 extra bucks pocket money, a new walkman, and a brand new t-shirt. Hope she enjoys it.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 13:59:09

sweet. im gonna watch it.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 14:12:00

Congratulations to all the winners.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 14:14:00

great! ng gets a tv appearence, to bad i live in the uk so i cant watch it, woohoo

Please stop the Rickrolling!

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 14:22:10

Thanks for the monthly award guys!!! Ball Revamped was a massive project, so I am glad it got some extra recognition :).

Nimian Flyer Legends and Bankomat should have made it into the top ten as well, but thats just my opinion. Nimian was amazingly well scripted, and had some great gameplay. It was the one game I could see other guys in class playing, and I was shocked by how fast it was actually running for this kind of game. Also, Bankomat was some of the best animation I have seen in a long time. Extremely well done, I couldnt see any reason why these ones couldnt make it in either.

Congrats to Altera for Jack Russell. That was my favorite game this month, and it was well deserved.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 14:26:07

Well, congrats to Xombie Chapter 7 and gogo Happy and Smile. I cant believe that the gayest showdown didnt get top 5, so sad.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 14:36:02

At 2/9/06 11:20 AM, xStem wrote: i want to see the look on Glaiel's face. Is it possible we could see the number of votes per entry, Tom?

It looked like normal. I'm used to it by now.

I prefer to think of myself as being the best of the loosers.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 14:48:39

Bah, only Jack Russell and -Play More- were on my list.

'Tis a shame too, I had some good picks. :(

Congrats to this month's winnar.

I'll try and tune into G4TV if i'm not too sick or working on homework. :D

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 14:56:37

I'm not surprised at the top 5 winners except playmore. I would figure bankomat would take it's place in that spot. Anyways, congratz to everyone to the winners and follow ups too(and to the other works that made it daily top 5, but didn't win, or recieve follow up notice).

Good job everybody! and I'll be sure to see it tonight along with the winners. <:D

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 15:39:34

Wow! This new voting system is great! The gayest showdowns score got lower but still is a runner up!

This signature is not true

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 15:46:12

Number 6 in games should receive a "Glaiel" award... which is 100 dollars....sorry Glaiel...what is your deal being COMPLETELY robbed every month???

anyway, can't watch G4 tonight... but I will try and catch the replay... good luck Tom

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 15:48:26

At 2/9/06 03:46 PM, Panther wrote: Number 6 in games should receive a "Glaiel" award... which is 100 dollars....sorry Glaiel...what is your deal being COMPLETELY robbed every month???

at least this month i lost to deserving submissions and not "OMG BOOBS VOTE 5" stuff....

well gogoandhappy i dont like cause he stole dan's explosions and like copied stuff, but that's my opinion and that doesnt mean that it's not deserving....

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 15:52:50

Gayest Showdown is #7?! It won turd of the week, it doesn't deserve it! How did it get on the front page?

Congradulations Aibou_Saphira!

What the hell are YOU staring at?!- Duckman

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 15:59:13

lol, maiby if we pray lol

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 16:03:01

If you are cool at all, show GNK! my new movie.
you bastard.

That's what I was replying too lol

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 16:14:38

At 2/9/06 09:51 AM, Frostbreath wrote: a big ROFL to the Gayest Showdwon for making seventh :D

Hahaha, so true. Good job!

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 16:23:46

7. The Gayest Showdown

LOL! I can't belive a turd of the week made #7 for the month!

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 16:49:48

It SHOULD have been:

1. Bankomat
2. Salad Fingers 7
3. Xombie
4. Hawt Hentai Pr0n

But oh well.

Kol-Belov, the coolest artist on newgrounds, is fucked by stupid fans again.
Some day Belov, you shall get the fame you deserve.
Some day.

Neil Armstrong was a gay buttfucking crocodile.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 16:54:33

At 2/9/06 09:50 AM, TomFulp wrote:
All ten winners will also receive the entire Cartoon Smart collection on DVD, a $250 value!

The new tank logo t-shirts are arriving on Monday, at which point I can finally send out the prizes for both best of December and best of January!

TOP 5 MOVIES:

1. Xombie: Chapter 7
2. Salad Fingers Episode 7
3. -Play More-
4. PALADIN episode 4
5. Another Day Seven

Congrats to these submissions "Xombie: Chapter 7" by James Farr, "Salad Fingers Episode 7" by Doki, and "Another Day Seven" by the Super Flash Bros made it into the top 5 list!

TOP 5 GAMES:

1. gogo Happy & Smile
2. Serious Santa
3. Ball Revamped 4
4. Jack Russell
5. Armor Games Snowball

"Armor Games Snowball" is the best game I have ever played, and "gogo Happy & Smile" (inspiration from Alien Hominid and/or Metal Slug) is just okay.

RUNNER UP MOVIES:

6. Bankomat
7. The Gayest Showdown
8. Liar 2
9. We Are Robots - Gothbot
10. Twist of Fate
11. Germaine's Web Cam
12. The REAL Eggman
13. Goomba Vol. 3
14. Important Announcement
15. Nobodies Shorts #5
16. When Robots Attack
17. Fun With Coins
18. With A Smile
19. Super Mario Land IV
20. The History of Animation

"The Gayest Showdown", the "Turd of a Week" award winner made it in 7th place on January. "Bankomat", the "Review Crew Pick" award winner made it in 6th place. "The REAL Eggman" (by Brandon "BigArmyBug" Clark) is the funniest music video (this song is an inspiration of Eminem's "The Real Slim Shady").

RUNNER UP GAMES:

6. NightStrike (Sorry Glaiel, #6 again)
7. Dress Up Sim 2
8. Ninjaman!
9. Defend Your Temple
10. Office Chimp
11. The Portal Guardian
12. Perfect Pizza
13. Demon Girl
14. Feed Lindsay!
15. Nimian Flyer Legends
16. Whack Your PC
17. Katamari Flash
18. A Koopa's Revenge
19. Deal or No Deal
20. Jack French #1

"Demon Girl" is the best hentai game I have ever played (I have left the review there). I have also enjoyed "Feed Lindsay!", because this is the hilarious game (making fun of celebrities). Those two games are fun (I really like those).

The monthly winner of $100 (and a Walkman and t-shirt) is Aibou_Sephira!

Congrats Aibou_Sephira! You are the monthly winner! I am very proud of you!

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 17:02:34

Good picks, but the Gayest Showdown? C'mon.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 17:08:30

Ahw!
Duckhunt1945 not even in the 20 runnerups?!

oh man...
well back to the drawing board i guess.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 17:17:14

I'm really sick of Xombie, thats one series that doesnt deserve to get a prize.

Though I'd have to disagree with Denvish's anti series opinion in the case of Another Day, that was definately worthy, but yes there was underdog stuff that should have taken the place of salad fingers (however big the Firth fan I am) and xombie.

I think the real tradgedy here is Ninjaman not getting anywhere near top 5. that was awesome (my fav game after serious santa) , though it was a studio/company game so I guess the money shouldn't really go to them...

Unlucky once again Glaiel, though it was just a defence game - which doesnt turn me on all that much compared to the originality of supersoldier, it definately deserved to be there instead of that awefully sickening eye candy ball game, and that snowball game, which was waay too simplistic to be original at all >:(

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 17:30:12

The system should be changed so that you need to view atleast 20 of the nominated submissions before voting. People are just voting on things they have heard of.

- ><--stick vs. sprites-->< - ><--flat beat-->< - ><--pico vs. sticks-->< -

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 17:51:01

how come Glaiel sixth again?!, man you are cursed

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 17:54:30

cool

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 18:50:22

I was expecting Bankomat to win. Sigh but what can you do when your not overrated ( ohmyeee). congrats to rest that are worth it.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature