00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

question on flash V cam

730 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

question on flash V cam 2006-02-02 08:01:05

hi i have a question on flash v cam. i want to use the camera in flash for a movie im making, i got a copy of it and i am using it, but i want to make the camera turn (like, clock wise) the way he camera turns in the old star wars when their ship gets hit and they crash... like, you see the pilot in his seat and the ship goes own, watever... but when i animate the camera turning, on screen, in the preview, it doesnt! i dont know why, maybe i ned a more recent version of it or somthing or a code in i i dunno, maybe you can help?

BBS Signature

Response to question on flash V cam 2006-02-02 08:05:13

The camera is just a motion tween of the movie clip with free transform (rotate), it shoudn't be too do. Can you give us a screen shot or example of what you did?

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to question on flash V cam 2006-02-02 09:16:03

At 2/2/06 08:05 AM, James_Prankard_Inc wrote: The camera is just a motion tween of the movie clip with free transform (rotate), it shoudn't be too do. Can you give us a screen shot or example of what you did?

heres a screen shot...

question on flash V cam

BBS Signature

Response to question on flash V cam 2006-02-02 09:54:23

At 2/2/06 09:16 AM, almightyhans wrote: heres a screen shot...

i dont think rotations are supported with the Vcam. just looking over the actionscript, its based on scale and position, but i dont see any support for the rotation of the camera.

BBS Signature

Response to question on flash V cam 2006-02-02 10:10:28

That O'Reilly site has a script that supports rotation....but it really sucks, rotates weird and cant go upside down and stretches/squashes the animation.

BBS Signature

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-14 12:47:42

hmm, that's rubbish, i am making a film about defying gravity, basically one of the main themes is that the world flips upside down and gravity works both ways and all this stuff, without rotating, it just makes it look rubbish, everything distorts, very dissapointing, i will have to rotate the whole movie clip and everything which i can imagine will be very, very slow and painful.

Bringing you the best entertainment since sliced lead

BBS Signature

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-14 15:20:15

Look up the Big Fat Tutorial and try its v-cam. It supports rotation without screwing up.

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-14 15:23:21

As luck would ahve it im currently workin on a VCam off my own. It fully supports every type of transform, and dosnt use no estimations, and isnt buggy. What the camera sees is what it gets.

Also it comes with a virtual stage, you can choose where the stage is, and its size. You also free to add any transform to the stage.

You can animate both the virtual stage and cam.

Hopefully ill get a release out eitehr tonight or 2morrow.

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-14 15:24:53

Also its for cs3. Sorry flash 8 users

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-14 15:37:08

check out my tut

"get out of the car-NO NIKO! YOU GET OUT OF THE CAR"

BBS Signature

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-14 15:55:51

Try this camera. It works the same way, but I haven't had any problems transforming it like the O'Reilly script.

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-20 04:02:51

lol, now everyone is coming up with answers it's too late :P I released 'Gravity's Just a Theory' yesterday, (daily feature i might add ^^) and i had to leave the rotation out of it, ah well. maybe next time, and could you keep me updated on that cam your making for cs3? sounds very useful :D

Bringing you the best entertainment since sliced lead

BBS Signature

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-20 04:08:00

At 1/20/08 04:02 AM, Oggy-cheese wrote: lol, now everyone is coming up with answers it's too late :P I released 'Gravity's Just a Theory' yesterday, (daily feature i might add ^^) and i had to leave the rotation out of it, ah well. maybe next time, and could you keep me updated on that cam your making for cs3? sounds very useful :D

lol

the chosen one

>?<?::> Pwned?

BBS Signature

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-20 04:18:51

I use o'rielys vcam and rotation works fine for me.

Response to question on flash V cam 2008-01-20 05:52:42

There's a camera called the Re-Animator Camera that I mainly use in my animations these days. It's pretty easy to work with, customizable, and supports pretty much everything (zooms, pans, rotation, fades, and filters)
But I mainly use this cam because of it can rotate.

I hosted the one I'm using on my website for download
here because I can't remember where I downloaded it :S

But yeah it's quite good.

-----------------------------| Website | 101 Signs Collab | NG Audio Portal Flash |----------------------------

BBS Signature