00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series.

5,961 Views | 146 Replies

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-10 16:27:41

I agree with you mate

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-11 12:45:25

I come not to praise Bitey, nor to bury him. Just to address one random point you made.

At 1/2/06 10:35 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: No, they don't have storylines or plots, sorry guys, there isn't a single spoken line in any of them. You could try an argument for silent films but I'll just smack you down there as well, silent films rely on physical expressions, emotions and cinematography to get their point across. You can not have such things in imagined, artificially created characters like these, it simply won't work

I take issue with the fact that you believe animation doesn't have the way to express emotion in the way that Chaplin (for example) did. As any body movement or facial expressions can be drawn, animation can equal live action.

But the true strength is that it can do so much more.

'Unrealistic' deformations can express emotion more clearly than live action ever could and slightly abstracted expressive works can depict emotion in the very style of the art.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-11 12:53:15

NG BBS topic lol

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-11 19:50:34

At 11/10/07 01:41 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote:
At 11/10/07 12:56 AM, Elecmonkey wrote: Odd...You hate the Brackenwood Series, yet you like Arfenhouse, the most random flash movie ever made. Yet you hate the Brackenwood series because of the lack of plot, and randomness... Truly bizarre.
I haven't done anything on Newgrounds for years, from watching movies to putting things on my favorites.

I never said Bitey was random, I said it was stale and lacked any element besides visuals. Arfenhouse is entertaining (From my recollection anyway) because of the presentation and satire present in the movie. There's actually something there. In Bitey it's just some wolf thing dinking around in the woods.

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, I was just saying that it looked weird. From my point of view? Arfenhouse is just a big fun party with total chaos. I like that, and I also like Brackenwood. But you're missing the point of the Brackenwood series! Imagine it like an old silent film; instead of talking, they express themselves with actions and movement. There's my 2 cents on this.

BBS Signature

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-11 19:53:48

At 1/2/06 10:35 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote:
silent films rely on physical expressions, emotions and cinematography to get their point across. You can not have such things in imagined, artificially created characters like these, it simply won't work.

Have you not seen The Composer? Tell me that doesn't rouse a single emotion in you.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 22:30:14

At 1/2/06 10:02 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: Am I the only one that doesn't like these? I read through what must have been 10-15 pages of reviews and the only criticisms just get shit on by the horde of fanboys...

Seriously, there is no depth to this series. It's absolutely nothing but graphics. No storyline, storytelling, comedy, drama, plot or anything except smoothe animation, and if you have a crappy computer not even that.

Don't get me wrong, the creator has talent, it just doesn't seem to be going to good use. Does anyone else hate the series like I do? It's just absolutely not fun or interesting at all to watch. Maybe if one of the comedians who couldn't draw and the artist who can't make comedy hooked up something great would be born, but as of now nothing...

Flame on.

Dunno, I like the series myself, but would never flame the crap out of people for disagreeing with my opinion on that. You have to remember that even a single user can rate down a review with the "no" option in regards to whether the review was helpful. They can only rate it down once a day but this adds up with time. So it may just be one user rating these down.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 22:33:43

I think the Brackenwood series is awsome. It has good stroy if you pay close attention to it.

Awsome sig coming to a forum near you!! (Maybe)

"hey shut the fuck up or ill post about you on my livejournal and tell every one to insult your ass"

BBS Signature

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 22:34:28

No, you are not the only one who hates them. I hate the episodes too. It's not that they are terrible, its just that all it has to offer are great graphics and music, that doesn't make a story. I think all of the episodes are very overated.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 22:55:15

At 11/15/07 10:44 PM, Bonehimer wrote: Its impossible to please you people. You shit on sprite movies for taking no talent, you shit on LF flashes for motion tweening and you shit on bitey for lack of story. NG is tsundere like that.

Chill dude, maybe the brackenwood stuff just doesn't fit their tastes. I know there are well done Flash that I don't like either, you gonna bitch me out for that?

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 23:00:40

Just throwing this out there, Calypso didn't cut down the artist in any way. He gave him props for his amazing animation. He's basically saying here's what I think needs improving and here's why. I consider that a damn good review. All of you must admit that 80-90% of all reviews end up being nothing more than a compliment to the artist. Calypso has given the guy room to improve, to grow as an artist and maybe even an animator(more to include in a story = more to animate). I think Calypso has done the guy a favor in opening up this discussion and really doesn't deserve to be flamed for it.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 23:01:49

I personally think ya the animation is grat but im still give major props to Adam Phillips
Well Waterlollies gave some good drama/ comedy storyline so you know he worked good and hard on it.
Also i would like to say
A lot of shit is funny ( and yes i have seen a lot of flash's and reviewed em) But sometimes the animation is crap!

In A world where the minnows outnumber the sharks a million to one! Why havn't we tooken the upper hand!

My first 2 page Thread!!!!! It's on 5 gum

Bass Guitar Club

BBS Signature

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 23:32:08

At 11/15/07 11:08 PM, Bonehimer wrote:
I wasn't talking about any one specifically just targeting the the whole NG community as a whole

I know but the problem is you can't see things that way. For instance the people bashing sprite movies are definitely not neccesarily the people bashing brackenwood.

Anyway, more on topic, I actually like the loose storylines of Brackenwood. Not everything needs a detailed plot to be good. Hell Aqua Teen Hunger Force is a show that basically never has any plot, but I enjoy it quite a bit. A plot can be a good thing sometimes, but I think it's just as often that movies and TV shows are drug down by trying to hard to follow their plots all the time when they'd probably do better with less of a plot or even no plot at times.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 23:36:01

I found Comedy in the particular episode where Bitey gets owned by Littlefoots mother.

I found Drama in the... uh... thingy... You know the one where all those shillouetted white-eyed dudes chased Bitey.
That was Dramatic.

I haven't loaded Waterlollies yet, but I could probably cite that.

It's person preference.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 23:48:45

I'm in no way an aspiring flash artist.

Coming from a guy who said in one of his reviews:

"...as a flash game maker myself."

Yah ok; credibility = zero.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-15 23:53:48

At 11/15/07 11:48 PM, OptiPrime wrote:
I'm in no way an aspiring flash artist.
Coming from a guy who said in one of his reviews:
"...as a flash game maker myself."
Yah ok; credibility = zero.

Catching people in lies is fantastic

In A world where the minnows outnumber the sharks a million to one! Why havn't we tooken the upper hand!

My first 2 page Thread!!!!! It's on 5 gum

Bass Guitar Club

BBS Signature

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-16 00:22:25

Shadow likes to argue online.... which really has no purpose. You still look like a dumbass to me.

The Movies DON'T have a plot. They are still enjoyable. Some of my favorite movies don't have a plot and don't need it to be good movies.

Do I play Halo 3 for the plot? No Do I play it for the graphics? No. But it's still enjoyable because people play or watch things for different reasons.

You don't agree with the masses but the artist has talent its a visual display not something you need to cheapen with words. The story is clearly determinable and can be easily recognized even by somebody who is less intelligent then your average bear.

You do belittle you back up nothing you said you rambled on. No one cares if your wrote enough for an English paper. It was useless filler. Let me give you an example of how your being.

I don't like the way Poe presents some of his work. But his talent as an author is leaps and bounds above anything else I've ever read. It JUST DOESN'T WORK.

You can't say you hate something and compliment one side of it. Graphically Bitey is the most profound thing Newgrounds has to offer. We like to show it off.

It's A LOT better to be showing off Bitey then fighting for the damn Numa Numa dance.

Sure the Ultimate Showdown was a great piece of work. But for the same reason you say Bitey sucks I say its a mediocre piece of work... WHERE IS THE PLOT ohh it doesn't seem to have one... damn so that is yet one more contradiction. You sir can't back up anything you say.

Fuck that shit...

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-16 00:35:53

Hey guys, let's stop giving this talentless whore attention and let the topic die.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-16 00:57:09

Who let John Krifaluski make an account on newgrounds?

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-16 01:04:08

At 1/2/06 10:35 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: No, they don't have storylines or plots, sorry guys, there isn't a single spoken line in any of them. You could try an argument for silent films but I'll just smack you down there as well, silent films rely on physical expressions, emotions and cinematography to get their point across. You can not have such things in imagined, artificially created characters like these, it simply won't work.

I didn't bother to read the rest of this post, because you lost all credibility right here. Seriously, how dense do you have to be to try to claim that there has to be dialog in order for there to be a plot? Adams greatest talent is his ability to flawlessly show emotion through animation, and animation alone. His characters don't need to speak, because you can see everything they are feeling through their actions and expressions.

You are entitled to your own opinion on the series, but the reasons you use to justify your opinion are extremely weak. You are seeing flaws that are not actually there.

BBS Signature

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-16 02:05:56

Relevant to nearly every post in this thread.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-11-16 15:48:58

At 11/16/07 02:05 AM, MistaPeanut wrote: Relevant to nearly every post in this thread.

K, if you think arguing on the net is pointless, don't post in threads where heated discussions take place. Posting that pic makes you look like, well, a retard.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-12-14 17:13:57

Why is this Jackass saying that the number 1 Animation on NG sucks exactly?

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-12-14 17:25:10

For some reason the OP reminds me of a guy that woudln't enjoy a one night stand for what it is

BBS Signature

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-12-14 17:27:02

I remember this thread.

I posted in it before and I'll say the same thing again, the series is great.

I really don't feel like putting as much detail into my explanation as I did the first time, so go find my other post on one of these other pages.

BBS Signature

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-12-14 17:27:37

You did respect the author's hard work ( Adam Phillips or something) but then you just got angry and denied everyones post that disagreed with you. Theres where you lost my respect. I would insult you but you're just not worth it. You pretty much made this a flame thread. That's all it is

You are the reason we can't have nice things.

NOTE: if you're not seeing the image like this, then it is because your computer is possessed. You will need force a reload of the internet's lifeline, or kill it completely.

BBS Signature

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-12-14 17:48:31

I must admit the storyline does need some considerable work. The hitchiker series is better.

Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2007-12-14 17:50:55

bitey is cool

so....

the cake is a lie numb nuts

not gay just a funy site i made

BBS Signature