Be a Supporter!

Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series.

  • 3,406 Views
  • 156 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ShadowKalypso
ShadowKalypso
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:02:51 Reply

Am I the only one that doesn't like these? I read through what must have been 10-15 pages of reviews and the only criticisms just get shit on by the horde of fanboys...

Seriously, there is no depth to this series. It's absolutely nothing but graphics. No storyline, storytelling, comedy, drama, plot or anything except smoothe animation, and if you have a crappy computer not even that.

Don't get me wrong, the creator has talent, it just doesn't seem to be going to good use. Does anyone else hate the series like I do? It's just absolutely not fun or interesting at all to watch. Maybe if one of the comedians who couldn't draw and the artist who can't make comedy hooked up something great would be born, but as of now nothing...

Flame on.

hankthehero
hankthehero
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:03:50 Reply

COMMUNIST!

CryptosPainbringer
CryptosPainbringer
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:05:13 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:02 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: It's absolutely nothing but graphics. No storyline, storytelling, comedy, drama, plot or anything except smoothe animation

Tell me, did you actually watch any of the movies?

ShadowKalypso
ShadowKalypso
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:05:50 Reply

All of them. Additionally, the authors Hitchhiker series. That's a dumb question.

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:06:24 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:03 AM, hankthehero wrote: COMMUNIST!

How so?

I myself find them funny. It's a question of personal prefrence, really.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Kharbon
Kharbon
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:06:47 Reply

You seriously are joking? it has one of the most amazing stories ever, its really showing an imaginery forest in the eyes of a creative artist. You tard.

ShadowKalypso
ShadowKalypso
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:07:14 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:06 AM, JohnnyWang wrote:
At 1/2/06 10:03 AM, hankthehero wrote: COMMUNIST!
How so?

I myself find them funny. It's a question of personal prefrence, really.

There's no jokes or effort whatsoever to be funny...

Digitalicious
Digitalicious
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:07:58 Reply

Have you ever made a Flash Movie before? Everyone likes those movies because of the captivating characters, the beautiful artwork, and the absolutely seemless animation. They are truly works that deserve the highest of merits.

I suppose not everyone can agree on the storyline, but the animation was absolutely flawless.

CryptosPainbringer
CryptosPainbringer
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:08:05 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:05 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: That's a dumb question.

It's quite plain that there's a plot, actually;

Bitey of Brackenwood: Bitey goes around annoying people.
Prowlies by the River: Bitey annoys some prowlies.
Littlefoot: The story of a baby bigfoot.

But you wouldn't know naything about that.

Frostbreath
Frostbreath
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:08:28 Reply

It's fun to see how many that marked your review as unhelpful. You better join the flow :)

And no, i don't share your oppinion about Brackenwood. I gave it high score beacuse i really like it when the animation looks heavenly. It was a bit slow, but that only gave me more time to view the fantastic artwork he did on the landscape.

I don't hate you for your oppinion, either.

ShadowKalypso
ShadowKalypso
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:08:38 Reply

Imaginative is a word you use to describe something that isn't in itself amusing, but should be commended for it's cinema. It's like a critcally acclaimed movie that sucks ass.

303
303
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:08:46 Reply

i dont hate it....
But Untimate Showdown totaly owns it.

Redshadowsniper
Redshadowsniper
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:08:57 Reply

poo?

CryptosPainbringer
CryptosPainbringer
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:09:52 Reply

Incidentally, has it occured to anyone that the guy's just an attention-seeker? I've seen this sort of thing happen elsewhere.

N-Antichrist
N-Antichrist
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:12:23 Reply

Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series.


I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature
Sugary-Cupcakes
Sugary-Cupcakes
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:12:24 Reply

What don't you like about them?

N-Antichrist
N-Antichrist
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:18:23 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:12 AM, Noob-Antichrist wrote:

But seriously, you also hate Legendary Frog, stop being an miserable old git

He rocks, his strong point is graphics, so you have to come along and moan about the lack of something, MOVIES CAN'T BE PERFECT

actually, i found there was a bit of humour in his flashes, a monster randomly jumps through a window and kills someone (humour). A flower is actually a carniverous animal that hops around (Style, it's clever). Violence - there is plenty of violence. Interactivity - you can select scenes, and it even changes quality for you.
his Graphics are amazing of course

you will NEVER amount to his level, live with it, rather than complaining about HIM, see what's wrong with YOURSELF and make a flash that stays as #1 top scoring of all time for more than a week.


I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature
X-Core
X-Core
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:20:55 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:08 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: Imaginative is a word you use to describe something that isn't in itself amusing, but should be commended for it's cinema. It's like a critcally acclaimed movie that sucks ass.

And where did you find that definition hmmm? But the Bitey series does have a storyline because its not random, going from one completely random scene to something equally as random but completely different, just because the storyline isnt obviously deep and meaningful doesnt mean it doesnt exist, and not all movies are ment to be fun, funny or otherwise amusing. Its a good story, with profesional level animation.

SasTheSadist
SasTheSadist
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:26:56 Reply

the breakenwood series > you
it has a good story , good drawings.....

it isn't overrated
Jizwh0r
Jizwh0r
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:29:38 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:18 AM, Noob-Antichrist wrote: But seriously, you also hate Legendary Frog, stop being an miserable old git

Wow, I actually agree with that guy on something, LF ruins the already not-so great quality of his movies with shit humor.

ShadowKalypso
ShadowKalypso
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:35:29 Reply

What don't I like? Everything.

And I couldn't less give 2 shits if I havn't published a flash here, that doesn't make any differance. The movies are not fun to watch, I could care less how much work went into them. Since you're all most likely too immature to imply this without me directly stating it I will do just that:

The Creator of the Bitey of Brackenwood series has amazing, authentic talent. The series is very, very obviously labored over for many hours and has alot of work poured into it by a talented man. However, that doesn't change the fact that THESE movies do suck.

No, they don't have storylines or plots, sorry guys, there isn't a single spoken line in any of them. You could try an argument for silent films but I'll just smack you down there as well, silent films rely on physical expressions, emotions and cinematography to get their point across. You can not have such things in imagined, artificially created characters like these, it simply won't work.

What he's done is given you something nice to look at. That's great, but something good to look at isn't nearly enough. Want some proof? Buy an Xbox. The whole system is crap because the games focus on graphics instead of gameplay. Sorry guys, it's true, DoA series is a terrible fighter comared to others because instead of balancing they try to improve their graphics. Halo is less fun than PC shooters with much worse graphics, etc, you see where this goes.

Like gameplay in a game, real, true flash videos need some substance beyond just animation. This series simply doesn't deliver.

I'm guessing a good number of you ignorantly assume that I simply don't know what I'm talking about, or rather am out of my mind to some degree. Why do you think this? I'm questioning your opinion so you have to resort to degrating my character to keep your opinion intact? I can hate this all I want, that shouldn't affect you at all. Don't reply back with ignorant flames obviously overcompensating for your malinformed opinions, if you really want to take issue with what I have to say then deal with what I'm saying, not who you think I am.

It doesn't matter that I havn't submitted any Flash videos, I'm a coder not an animator, I know this and hence don't solo flash projects.
It doesn't matter that I insulted something you like.
None of that matters.

Respond to what I'm saying. I don't like this series because I don't find it entertaining. I don't find it entertaining because it lacks nearly every element of a good movie besides animation.

No, the dumbass comment about plot does NOT count. When the plot for 3 movies totalling over 10 minutes can be summed up in less than 20 words you know somethings wrong.

-Specific Responses-

-You also hate Legendary Frog: Yes, I sure do. The only times he's ever funny are when someone else is doing something for him. FFRemix, the song isn't his, the only thing that's funny about that flash is the song. All the compilations he's in, his parts are terrible. No, I don't like him, he sucks at animating and I don't think he's funny.

-You'll never be as good as (Author): I'm in no way an aspiring flash artist. If I was, I'd be working instead of giving social commentary. I chose to comment on the Bitey series out of all of them because it has the least reason to be popular. Hence my posts.

-But... but... it has plot/storyline/whatever: No, it does not. You can say stupid things like "There's monsters jumping around in a forest, that's storyline" but it simply isn't. Sorry, not satisfactory, try again. First of all to have a plot you need defined characters. What the hell is Bitey? What do you even really know about him? Nothing. You know what he looks like and what his surroundings look like. That is all. The series does NOT have these elements, admit it.

-He has had the #1 slot for along time with all his animations: I don't care. By simple statistics the majority will always rule polls, and the majority are normally complete morons, like some of the people responding to this thread or the people who thing pretty animation should beat much better, well constructed Flash that have all the correct cinema elements to be a story. I could care less if everyone in america got down on their knees, bowed to the author and offered to give him a hummer, that doesn't mean he's good. In fact, popular things OFTEN suck, have you heard popular music? It's all garbage. Check out the underground scene.

-You're just looking for attention: If I was looking for attention I would have mindlessly flamed something and anyone oposing my opinions. I'm trying to open a discussion.

-Have you ever made a flash movie before?: Yes, but like I said I'm not a very good animator, I work better with code. Before some dumbass tries to bust out elementary yard psychology, no, being a coder has nothing to do with not liking the animation of the series. If you're really stupid enough to read what I've said and still think I dislike the series for a yet-unknown reason that needs to be determained by your analysis, save it. I don't like the movies, I've said why.

-But it's the best: No, it's not. It's the best animated. It's far from the best. If you were to rate newgrounds flash based on differant catagories Bitey series would be in the hundreds, never peaking above it. Flash like The Ultimate Showdown that bring together good music, comedy and animation would be taking the #1-50 slots.

amplefied
amplefied
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:40:31 Reply

Just because there is no babbling doesn't mean there's no story or no depth.
The author uses a different way to get the story through, in a very visual way.
Plus he portrays life of several fantasy animals/creatures, if you'd watch the Animal Planet you'd find simmilarities in the way it's presented.

ShadowKalypso
ShadowKalypso
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:42:24 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:40 AM, pauls wrote: Just because there is no babbling doesn't mean there's no story or no depth.
The author uses a different way to get the story through, in a very visual way.
Plus he portrays life of several fantasy animals/creatures, if you'd watch the Animal Planet you'd find simmilarities in the way it's presented.

Well you fucked up there.

Animal planet has absolutely NO storyline in the situation you are describing, exactly like these movies. No, THERE IS NO STORYLINE. STOP TRYING TO SAY THERE IS. IT'S NOT THERE.

You're completely right it's like animal planet, it's just a visual. No depth, no script, no nothing, just animals on a screen.

ShadowKalypso
ShadowKalypso
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:48:24 Reply

Anyone gonna actually read what I'm saying?

shak3s
shak3s
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:52:22 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:48 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: Anyone gonna actually read what I'm saying?

I'm not going to , you're just an attention seeking whiner.

ShadowKalypso
ShadowKalypso
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:54:24 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:52 AM, shak3s wrote:
At 1/2/06 10:48 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: Anyone gonna actually read what I'm saying?
I'm not going to , you're just an attention seeking whiner.

Justify that remark. Why am I an attention seeking whore.

Markface
Markface
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:54:38 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:02 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: Am I the only one that doesn't like these? I read through what must have been 10-15 pages of reviews and the only criticisms just get shit on by the horde of fanboys...

Seriously, there is no depth to this series. It's absolutely nothing but graphics. No storyline, storytelling, comedy, drama, plot or anything except smoothe animation, and if you have a crappy computer not even that.

Don't get me wrong, the creator has talent, it just doesn't seem to be going to good use. Does anyone else hate the series like I do? It's just absolutely not fun or interesting at all to watch. Maybe if one of the comedians who couldn't draw and the artist who can't make comedy hooked up something great would be born, but as of now nothing...

He cant use it to good use? you dumbshit the guy works for disney his animations are some of the best flash animations the net has seen and he is one of the most productive artists newgrounds has ever seen.

Your a sexy fucking slutty sexy idiot


[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
amplefied
amplefied
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 10:55:46 Reply

At 1/2/06 10:42 AM, ShadowKalypso wrote: Well you fucked up there.

Animal planet has absolutely NO storyline in the situation you are describing, exactly like these movies. No, THERE IS NO STORYLINE. STOP TRYING TO SAY THERE IS. IT'S NOT THERE.

I never said anything about a story line, the style is obviously that of a simple story type.
Like a childrens book or something. In many cases these book stories don't have much lines either, mostly descriptions to give more life to the story.
It's true there's not much of a story line that connects the chapters, the reason for that is because they were never meant to be connected into a story line of epic proportions.

You're completely right it's like animal planet, it's just a visual. No depth, no script, no nothing, just animals on a screen.

BUT, you forget the fact that Animal Planet shows the actions of animals, thereby letting us know about these animals lives. You are wrong in saying that there's just animals on screen, because as we get to know them better, we start to feel emotionally attached to their personalities and that is something that many movies WITH a story line fail to accomplish.

N-Antichrist
N-Antichrist
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 11:01:44 Reply

It's official, ShadowKalypso is a dumbass, he looks like he is backing up his comments, but he is not


I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature
ShadowKalypso
ShadowKalypso
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Re: Bitey Of Brackenwood Series. 2006-01-02 11:09:07 Reply

At 1/2/06 11:01 AM, Noob-Antichrist wrote: It's official, ShadowKalypso is a dumbass, he looks like he is backing up his comments, but he is not

...

Haha... hahaha.... God newgrounds forums are like a fucking elementary school recess...

Do you even have any clue what I've been saying? Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean nothing's being said.