00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WannabePyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 2,000 Exp Users

214,017 Views | 2,007 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-12-21 14:48:17

At 12/21/13 02:13 PM, Conal wrote:
At 12/21/13 01:19 PM, Dev wrote:
At 12/21/13 06:57 AM, Conal wrote:
What about now? I'm #2,313
You do realize that you're already on this list, right?
What list?

The top 2000 exp. list. Isn't that what you've been asking about?

http://bahamut.webs.com/expusers.htm

CTRL+F your user name and you'll see that you're already there.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-12-21 18:40:43

Thanks a lot for 5+ years of keeping this list updated, Murray! As I stated before, this has always been the list I look forward to the most. Those who read this thread closely might have seen that I volunteered to take over this list, and I want to apologize to the people who thought this meant the continuity of this list was secured. Please trust me when I say this was a difficult decision for me, and that it sucks to let Murray down like that. Life can change so much in just a few months. =/
The most important thing is the 70 updates of awesomeness we've enjoyed, and I'm confident someone will step up to the plate and be able to post these updates for a decent amount of time.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-12-27 02:28:27

Thanks for your update Bahamut!

looking over your past lists, I was ranked #312 back in February when I quit depositing altogether, today I'm ranked #350. 38 in 10 months, heh, thought it'd be more than that.

but anyway, many thanks to you for maintaining this wonderful list for so many years.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-12-27 07:02:46

At 12/8/13 01:06 PM, Murray wrote: The final EXP update is now available!

We're finally here. I think it's only fitting that I won't be advancing in rank for Experience for a good long while. Consider it my tribute to you. I shall still be depositing, but I just won't get to rank up for a few months yet.

Hello all and welcome to the belated 70th EXP update and... this is it. My very last EXP update and not only that, this officially retires all my business with maintaining stats lists.

Thanks for the update, old pal. Like you said, it was fun, while it lasted. I remember the glory days, when we updated the vast majority of the stat lists between the pair of us, but now those days are firmly in the past, as we march onward toward 2014. It's a sad time now these days have passed, but it is a happy time, as someone will be taking over the mantle and marching onward with it.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2014-01-16 21:27:26

At 12/8/13 01:06 PM, Murray wrote: The final EXP update is now available!

Hello all and welcome to the belated 70th EXP update and... this is it. My very last EXP update and not only that, this officially retires all my business with maintaining stats lists. I've enjoyed making these updates over the last five years but as time went on with myself making more progress in the real world and having less enthusiasm for all the required work to put into these updates, I felt it was time to hang it up. 2013 sees the end of myself managing the EXP updates but in the new year I hope to see that my successor will be setting things up soon enough.

NEXT UPDATE: To be confirmed...

It was great while it lasted.

Thanks so much for your selflessness through the years, it's been great having you do this for us all and you my sincere thanks.

^_^

I wish I could come up with some way of actually presenting you with some sort of small gift or something, as token of appreciation! You wouldn't happen to have a paypal account, by any means? Just a thought...

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2014-01-16 21:48:08

It's been six weeks since my retirement and unfortunately the fate of the EXP updates is still up in the air. The offer is still open if anyone out there is interested in taking over but so far I've had no-one else expressing their interest.

At 1/16/14 09:27 PM, Vert wrote: You wouldn't happen to have a paypal account, by any means? Just a thought...

I certainly do have PayPal and can't go without it thanks to eBay but I don't expect anything in return and never should other than responses from others commenting on their progresses. However, if you are really insisting, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll give you my PayPal address that way.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2014-03-27 13:14:14

Gonna make one more attempt with this. We did have another successor trying to take over this list but real life problems has made it difficult on their end thus putting it on limbo again. I don't know who else is willing to manage the list but if you do have any interests, drop me a PM and we'll discuss things further. Otherwise, it's a matter of not seeing anymore updates for this and while I'd still like to keep this up, I give myself less and less time at home nowadays so not enough time to work on the updates as I did a few years back.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2014-03-27 14:28:23

138 DoctorStrongbad 30,800 53 290 +2 92.33% 10/20/04

Up two places is a great job. :)

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2014-05-05 05:55:50

BUMP!

Oh, it appears that I've also Cooped Bloodthorne for #72 on the list. I will someday reach the top 50!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2014-05-26 08:16:12

At 3/27/14 01:14 PM, Murray wrote: Otherwise, it's a matter of not seeing anymore updates for this and while I'd still like to keep this up, I give myself less and less time at home nowadays so not enough time to work on the updates as I did a few years back.

Too bad we can live in the old days where Shittykitty would run scripts to pull the data. Man, liljim went nuts when he found that one out.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2014-09-07 10:21:41

Ooh, double Coopings!

It seems that I've managed to stamp my mark over punisher1 and The-Redeemer. Both have now been Cooped and I stand in the top 70. Onwards and upwards

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-02-26 09:31:41

may i enter this legendary list?

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-01 11:34:33

At 3/27/14 02:28 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: 138 DoctorStrongbad 30,800 53 290 +2 92.33% 10/20/04

It has almost been a year since the topic was updated. wow.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-03 15:40:53

so when is someone going to nut up and take over the list so we can get a update?

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-04 18:55:18 (edited 2015-03-04 18:56:11)

At 3/3/15 03:40 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: so when is someone going to nut up and take over the list so we can get a update?

I did a very rudimental update, you can see it here.

It's a very basic update, just a table, no congrats on Level ups (after 2 years??? The congrats-list would be longer than the actual xp-list...), no new users added (if you see a gap in the rankings, that's possibly due to a missing user), no deposit rate, no level pics...

As always, users with a Exp Rank of 0 are striked out, they have a rank of -1 in my list. Users that got their account deleted or got a name change have a rank of 0 in my list and can be found at the end of the table.

Now for the most interesting stat: The exp change: If you have a change of 4500 it is very likely that you haven't missed a deposit since the last update. Users with a change of 4510 or even 4520 can be sure that they haven't missed a single deposit since the last update. Not many among us who accomplished this (for example, Pimp didn't make it... :P )

Also, the list is sortable. Meaning you can click on any of the column names to get the list sorted by that column. But since it's a largle table it does take some time and it may show strange results while sorting. So just be patient.
If you want to get it ordered by Ranking again just reload the page.

If people here like this update I might be able to update it every other month or so (I'm not a clockwork like Murray who was almost always on time during those 5 years he did the updates...), and I might put in some more eyecandy to make the list more viewable (meaning, I most likely just steal the layout from Murrays update page ;) ).

If you see any errors, please let me know. I'm too tired to check the list again...

EDIT: If the admins think it's a bad idea to run those updates due to the server strain it may cause, please let me know and I'll just stop.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-04 19:07:31

At 3/4/15 06:55 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/3/15 03:40 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: so when is someone going to nut up and take over the list so we can get a update?

That is neato. I don't mind if it's the bare essentials here but it's still nice to see.

Now for the most interesting stat: The exp change: If you have a change of 4500 it is very likely that you haven't missed a deposit since the last update. Users with a change of 4510 or even 4520 can be sure that they haven't missed a single deposit since the last update. Not many among us who accomplished this (for example, Pimp didn't make it... :P )

I'm still flawless as usual. I haven't even missed a single deposit since 2008. It's scary how I can still keep this up after all this time. What I really like about this list is how the others below me are doing. I was curious how those up to the top 150 were doing while I'm there getting myself near to the top 80.

If people here like this update I might be able to update it every other month or so (I'm not a clockwork like Murray who was almost always on time during those 5 years he did the updates...), and I might put in some more eyecandy to make the list more viewable (meaning, I most likely just steal the layout from Murrays update page ;) ).

By all means steal whatever you want from my updates. I'm not going to accuse of others but some have adapted to the layouts that I used (which was originally taken from gfox) and took their own spin so I'm all for it. Would be great to see the EXP updates again in some form.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-04 19:36:35

Oh man, its been so long! Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those with 4500 experience points, though I did achieve around 4300. Also a whopping 161 ranks passed since the last update! I would obviously love to see more of these updates if possible. Thanks so much for attempting to bring this thread back, Haggard!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-04 23:51:16

Sweeeeeeet! Thanks heaps dude.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-05 06:27:18

At 3/4/15 07:07 PM, Murray wrote: That is neato. I don't mind if it's the bare essentials here but it's still nice to see.

It was late at night when I did this, heh. It will be no problem to add more to it, since I can do everything in a database. I just need to pull the stats from NG (obviously).

I'm still flawless as usual. I haven't even missed a single deposit since 2008. It's scary how I can still keep this up after all this time. What I really like about this list is how the others below me are doing. I was curious how those up to the top 150 were doing while I'm there getting myself near to the top 80.

I missed quite some deposits during this time. Since I missed one deposit when I had no access to the internet during a vacation my motivation to start a new streak of "no missed deposits for x years" wasn't very high, heh.

By all means steal whatever you want from my updates. I'm not going to accuse of others but some have adapted to the layouts that I used (which was originally taken from gfox) and took their own spin so I'm all for it. Would be great to see the EXP updates again in some form.

That's good to know. I have to see how much I can automate the process. It would be ideal if I just had to click a button, wait a bit and then just upload the files.
When I think about it, it isn't really that hard to include a table in a webpage, thanks to php.

Also, I don't think it will cause too much strain for the servers, since I only access the source code of the stat page, not the page itself (means, I don't load any huge images from those pages). But of course, I have to access ~3000+ pages during a relatively long time span of about 40 minutes.
So, @BrenTheMan (and possibly @liljim as well), what do you think? Would it be okay to run a program that accesses this data every few months or is it too much?
I ran the program yesterday a few times (should've tested it better...) at around 11pm to midnight GMT+1. Any noticeable effects on your side?

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-05 06:39:35

At 3/5/15 06:27 AM, Haggard wrote: So, @BrenTheMan (and possibly @liljim as well), what do you think?

Wouldn't have thought it'd be a concern, depending on how you're doing it. Email me the scripts and I'll take a look. liljim@

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-05 06:49:24

At 3/5/15 06:39 AM, liljim wrote:
At 3/5/15 06:27 AM, Haggard wrote: So, @BrenTheMan (and possibly @liljim as well), what do you think?
Wouldn't have thought it'd be a concern, depending on how you're doing it. Email me the scripts and I'll take a look. liljim@

I use C#'s WebClient class: WebClient.DownloadString. In a nutshell: It downloads the whole source code. Much like as if I would do a right click -> save as on an html link.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-05 14:13:41

At 3/5/15 06:27 AM, Haggard wrote: So, @BrenTheMan (and possibly @liljim as well), what do you think? Would it be okay to run a program that accesses this data every few months or is it too much?

As long as you're not slamming us with requests, that should be fine.

I ran the program yesterday a few times (should've tested it better...) at around 11pm to midnight GMT+1. Any noticeable effects on your side?

Nope.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-05 14:19:55

Also, thanks for being conscientious and checking with us. I appreciate that.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-06 11:09:25

Glad that I asked the question, and received some notification about this topic. I will keep an eye on this topic.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-06 17:04:50

Still holdin strong at #1,178 despite being almost 100% inactive on here.
Only really came here periodically to post and get exp. soooo yeah.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-07 05:50:48

At 3/5/15 02:19 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
Also, thanks for being conscientious and checking with us. I appreciate that.

I think citricsquid had to shut down his little tools because they caused too much of a server load. So I figured it's better to be safe than sorry. :)

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-07 08:56:24

At 3/5/15 06:27 AM, Haggard wrote: I missed quite some deposits during this time. Since I missed one deposit when I had no access to the internet during a vacation my motivation to start a new streak of "no missed deposits for x years" wasn't very high, heh.

Well let's not let that happen again. You know you can always rely on me to get the job done. You just have to ask.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2015-03-07 15:29:33

Huh? I have no idea how I lost at least 10 days worth of deposits.

I must be getting old.

Thanks for the update!

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.