00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Wiccan and Pagan crew.

50,193 Views | 607 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-30 20:40:31

At 7/30/06 08:33 PM, kingdog3_34 wrote: Its not december

Get out and do not come back unless you can give ANYTHING od use to this club. If you spam here again I will report you to a mod. This club took a lot for me to get open and I am not going to let you mess it up with ignorant crap ment to get people pissed off.

Priest of Anubis and guardian of the NOX.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 04:46:22

At 7/30/06 08:28 PM, FeeFee85 wrote: As I said Pagans worship many divine beings, some worship spirits as well. I myself hold to Egyptian paganism and worship Isis and Osiris as the names of the Lord and Lady. However my patron divine beings are Anubis and Bast because I connect with thier energys the best so I call on them more often.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it dioesn't actually matter what you call the Lord and Lady as, despite names, they are still the same people?

And if you are a part of Egyptian Paganism, does that mean there is also Roman, Greek, Norse Paganism as well?

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 04:51:34

At 7/31/06 04:46 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it dioesn't actually matter what you call the Lord and Lady as, despite names, they are still the same people?

More or less. They answer to any name but other divine beings are of their own power and well they have VERY different personalitys that the Lord and Lady.

And if you are a part of Egyptian Paganism, does that mean there is also Roman, Greek, Norse Paganism as well?

Yes there is.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 04:59:34

At 7/31/06 04:51 AM, FeeFee85 wrote:
At 7/31/06 04:46 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
More or less. They answer to any name but other divine beings are of their own power and well they have VERY different personalitys that the Lord and Lady.

nteresting.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Paganism often involved communing with spirits, either of the earth, or to do with animals. Is it actually true that you can talk with "spirits? And if, so what use is it to actually talk to them? Do they offer advice or guidance or something?

And this kind of does bring me on tothe maina spect that interests me in Paganism and the like; magic.

The main thing I'm curious about is how its supposed to work? What force, or whatever, are you calling on to actually make the spell work?

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 05:14:53

At 7/31/06 04:59 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Paganism often involved communing with spirits, either of the earth, or to do with animals. Is it actually true that you can talk with "spirits? And if, so what use is it to actually talk to them? Do they offer advice or guidance or something?

Well yes you can. What good it does can depend on the spirit and what you ask for. With animal,tree, or elemental spirits you most often as for thier aid in spell work. Now with human or spirits that were never human you often ask for advice. Now this is VERY tricky and maybe dangerious because like people not all spirits are nice and some times you may misunderstand what they seek to tell you. So this is something that is done with caution and best if some one that knows what they are doing helps you with it till you are confortable. That and you must remember if you call it up you may have to MAKE it go back and thats not always easy.

The main thing I'm curious about is how its supposed to work? What force, or whatever, are you calling on to actually make the spell work?

Spells work through energy and the energy you use can come from many sources. For example divine beings may lend help. or animal spirits, elemental spirits, other people may help in group work. Also your own energy is what really makes it all work togeather because all the other things lend YOU thier energy for you to use. Spells cannot do things outside of the realm of physics but they can work in ways science has not come to trust yet.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 18:57:21

At 7/30/06 05:23 PM, FeeFee85 wrote:
At 7/30/06 04:56 PM, Yoyodog76 wrote: I'd like to join. I myself am a Weslyean (Spelling might be off) but I'm very open minded to most religions. I am not a definate Weslyean, meaning I may not be that forever, but the time being, it's what I am. The whole Magicks thing has always interested me, but more on a fantasy level than reality. Well, thats beside the point really. So, Wiccan's are Studiers of the 'White' magicks of the world, eh?... Hmm... So that means us Christians are Theives? Damn, I knew we were something... And... Solstice, I haven't heard that word in a while... Well, that about wraps up this post... Yeah...
Welcome to the club. Oh and if that post about Yule offended you I am sorry. It was taken from another site to give a history of yule nothing more.

Offended? No, just one of those sarcasticc comments people make that occasionally end in a fight or something, But, I just finished watching 'Scooby Doo and the Witches Ghost' And it seems to slightly offend the Wiccan religion, because that guesty guy through out the entire movie keeps saying that his girl in the painting was wiccan, when she was actually some evil wizard who basically wants to enslave the earth. At first I thought it was a whole thing of indiscrimination, but the more I thought about it, once he reveals that she was a 'Black' Magician of sorts, they really just about leave the wiccan thing alone, It seemed more to me that using Wiccan traditions was a good cover up because of the whole magical essence of it all, Well eh, Karma is a big part of Wiccanism? Damn Life will be a drag... but 3 fold you say? Is there anything you can do that Karma does not affect?

Reason for ban: Do not as for pirated copies of programs. <3 Enoll << Thanks for the love. <3

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 20:05:54

Not to say anything at all, but isn't pagan just a blanket term for all non abrahamic religions.

Shouldn't you specify more what you worship, because the people that are more druidic differ from the norse.

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 20:10:27

At 7/31/06 06:57 PM, Yoyodog76 wrote: Karma is a big part of Wiccanism? Damn Life will be a drag... but 3 fold you say? Is there anything you can do that Karma does not affect?

No karma affects every thing that you do. Down to the smallest act. Its not always a return you can see for example if you give a few dollars to a homless guy are you going think that its karma if you find a twenty on the floor a month later? Not likely even I would thin its just luck.

At 7/31/06 07:26 PM, esko_man wrote: stuff

Normally I would be more than willing to help here because I used to be christian and my fiance is christian but that burn in hell comment pissed me off. You see at least I am not a false to my own religion(which I dont believe in hell). Alchemy is a type of magick and there for it is forbiden to you. Most christian would even say that it is dangerious to learn about it. So I think that maybe if you set forth an apology for that comment I will be willing to forget it and help you out. I said in the club rules any one is welcome SO LONG AS THEY DONT SPIT OUT BIAS BS ABOUT PAGANS. You did exactly that.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 20:12:12

At 7/31/06 08:05 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote: Not to say anything at all, but isn't pagan just a blanket term for all non abrahamic religions.

Shouldn't you specify more what you worship, because the people that are more druidic differ from the norse.

Yes it is a blanket term and it was intended to be. You see I didnt want to exclude ANY pagan religion at all. I am a follower of egyptian paths myself but know a good but about other pagan religions myself. I want ALL pagans to be comfortable here.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 20:53:58

Ok here are some websites about the subject.

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/index.html

http://www.crystalinks.com/alchemy.html

http://www.themystic..ticles/a/alchemy.htm

http://www.occultopedia.com/a/alchemy.htm

http://www.thelemape..rg/index.php/Alchemy

Also the wikipedia definition of it:

Alchemy refers to both an early protoscience and an early philosophical discipline, both combining elements of chemistry, metallurgy, physics, medicine, astrology, semiotics, mysticism, spiritualism, and art. Alchemy has been practiced in Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Persia, India, and China, in Classical Greece and Rome, in the Islamic Caliphates, and then in Europe up to the 19th century — in a complex network of schools and philosophical systems spanning at least 2500 years.

Western alchemy has always been closely connected with Hermeticism, a philosophical and spiritual system that traces its roots to Hermes Trismegistus, a syncretic Egyptian-Greek deity and legendary alchemist. These two disciplines influenced the birth of Rosicrucianism, an important esoteric movement of the seventeenth century. In the course of the early modern period, as mainstream alchemy evolved into modern chemistry, its mystic and Hermetic aspects became the focus of a modern spiritual alchemy, where material manipulations are viewed as mere symbols of spiritual transformations.

Today, the discipline is of interest mainly to historians of science and philosophy, and for its mystic, esoteric, and artistic aspects. Nevertheless, alchemy was one of the main precursors of modern sciences, and we owe to the ancient alchemists the discovery of many substances and processes that are the mainstay of modern chemical and metallurgical industries.

No I cant say much on the subject myself because it is never been something I wisjed to know about. If this information is not enough let me know. I know a lot of people in the online pagan community so I am sure I could find SOMEONE that could give you more information.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 21:10:22

At 7/31/06 08:12 PM, FeeFee85 wrote:
At 7/31/06 08:05 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote:
Yes it is a blanket term and it was intended to be. You see I didnt want to exclude ANY pagan religion at all. I am a follower of egyptian paths myself but know a good but about other pagan religions myself. I want ALL pagans to be comfortable here.

Ehh whatever.

But what led you to believe in myths and gods of Egypt and who is your domestic god.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 21:15:50

At 7/31/06 09:10 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote: But what led you to believe in myths and gods of Egypt and who is your domestic god.

Well I just connect with the energy and ideas of egypt bettter than I do most other pagan paths. Not that I dont share or practice some of thier beliefs and magick. As to my patron god and goddess they are Anubis and Bast. Although they are not the supreme beings to me just the pair that I connect with the best. I call the God and Goddess by the names of Isis and Osiri. If you dont know the differance betweent the two ideas I can explain.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 21:20:34

At 7/31/06 09:15 PM, FeeFee85 wrote:
At 7/31/06 09:10 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote:
Well I just connect with the energy and ideas of egypt bettter than I do most other pagan paths. Not that I dont share or practice some of thier beliefs and magick. As to my patron god and goddess they are Anubis and Bast. Although they are not the supreme beings to me just the pair that I connect with the best. I call the God and Goddess by the names of Isis and Osiri. If you dont know the differance betweent the two ideas I can explain.

I'm into mythology, I got it.

But when you say you believe in it, does that mean you believe in all of it, or just accept parts.

For example do you believe in syncretism.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 21:29:45

At 7/31/06 09:20 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote: I'm into mythology, I got it.

Glad to see that you come with a decent understanding of pagan beliefs . Its nice to talk to some one that isnt going to spew fire and brimstone when I mention these things.

But when you say you believe in it, does that mean you believe in all of it, or just accept parts.
For example do you believe in syncretism.

I believe parts of it and yes I do mix a lot of ideas from many pagan religions to make something that feels right to me.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 21:50:58

At 7/31/06 07:26 PM, esko_man wrote: I'm a Christian (you may say it was a mistake coming here) but I have become more and more interested in Alchemy... While I think those who practice Wicca and many other Pagan arts will burn in hell, I am interested in learning more about alchemy.... not that I intend to practice it, but I think it is a very interesting subject. I was first introduced to alchemy by the show, "Fullmetal Alchemist" on Adult Swim. While I know this is nothing like real alchemy, I am a big fan of the show. I have done some research and read some books, but I do not fully understand the concept of alchemy. Some call it witchcraft, while others say it is nothing of the sort and it's soul purpose is to find a method of creating a Philosopher's Stone and rid the world of disease and famin... Anyone able to help me out on this one?

While your apology does seem a bit more... not very eh, realish? If Fee forgives you, I suppose her decision is final, but I would not suggest walking around saying any more Racist or Indiscriminate comments on the BBS, for 2 reasons. 1, most people find it offensive, and 2, it is breaking the rules, consider this a warning, next time I see any racism or indiscrimination from your... keyboard, I will not hesitate to Private Message a Moderator, and I mean ANYWHERE on the BBS, not justhere, if you can't tell, I take Racism and Indiscrimnation very seriously.

But anyways, giving 3 dollars to homeless man, then finding a 20 on the floor? Well, there is no 3 fold there, so I suppose it would be luck, but what do you suppose Karma would do if you commited a murder and got away with it?

Reason for ban: Do not as for pirated copies of programs. <3 Enoll << Thanks for the love. <3

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 21:57:38

At 7/31/06 09:50 PM, Yoyodog76 wrote:

While your apology does seem a bit more... not very eh, realish? If Fee forgives you, I suppose her decision is final.

LOL um I am a guy. Thank you for the support but it really IS a christian belief that any one who does not have faith in Jesus will go to hell. I just got mad that he/she didnt follow the rules here that said those things dont need to be mentioned because it might offend some one.

Well, there is no 3 fold there, so I suppose it would be luck, but what do you suppose Karma would do if you commited a murder and got away with it?

Well the law of three does not mean LITERAL three fold just a lot more will come back to you than what you put out. As to the murder bit well there could be many things that happen. The worst I think is that the same fate may befall a family member of the murderer that fell upon his victem.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-07-31 23:30:16

Oh... not liteal? Well thats just... not literal...

Call me: Point outs the Obvious man!!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-01 01:19:45

At 7/31/06 11:42 PM, esko_man wrote: It's the "sounds cool, I want to believe" part that realy had me going, not so much because I don't believe in reincarnation, as much as it is that people will actualy go around saying they believe in something because their friends believe it and think it sounds "cool"... What are your thoughts on this everyone?

Oh I agree belief in ANYTHING because some one eles believes it or because its what you were raised with is FOOLISH. I feel that one should question everything until you know its what YOU believe and nothing more. I personally believe in reincarnation however there are some serious "rules" that I have. One is that you can ONLY come back as a human. I mean what could you learn as an animal. Two that you require time between incarnations to look over what you learned in the life you just lived. Three that most people never were famious in thier past lives and that most people never will be famious in thier next. So those are my basic feelings on the matter.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-01 07:35:24

At 7/31/06 09:57 PM, FeeFee85 wrote:
LOL um I am a guy. Thank you for the support but it really IS a christian belief that any one who does not have faith in Jesus will go to hell. I just got mad that he/she didnt follow the rules here that said those things dont need to be mentioned because it might offend some one.

Not fully. According to the Catholic faith, good heathens(sorry but eh) and unbelievers go to Limbo, with the unbaptised babies.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-01 09:18:49

At 8/1/06 07:35 AM, Fenrus1989 wrote:
Not fully. According to the Catholic faith, good heathens(sorry but eh) and unbelievers go to Limbo, with the unbaptised babies.

Hmmmm I didnt know that one. Oh and there is no real offense with the word heathen for me any more so dont worrie about it. Thanks for the info thats a new one for me. Then again all I really knew was evangelical christianity so its no big shock that I didnt know about that. Ya know I hope you stick around this club, you seem well informed and willing to speak with reason on matters of religion. I am sure we could learn a lot from each other.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-01 09:45:44

At 8/1/06 09:18 AM, FeeFee85 wrote:
At 8/1/06 07:35 AM, Fenrus1989 wrote:
Ya know I hope you stick around this club, you seem well informed and willing to speak with reason on matters of religion. I am sure we could learn a lot from each other.

Most likely will, always had a love for mythology. Greek mythology in particular.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-01 16:57:05

I'm not entirely sure theres much anything I can add at this point, so I'll sit idly by on the side until something comes to mind.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-01 18:14:21

I would like to ask one more thing.

I you worship a heathen religion, do you pich and choose what you believe or do you accept all of it.

For example, Druidic religions call for human sacrifices. What do you do at that point.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-02 00:20:12

any one heard of chaos magic?

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-02 01:47:26

At 8/1/06 06:14 PM, MortifiedPenguins wrote: I would like to ask one more thing.
I you worship a heathen religion, do you pich and choose what you believe or do you accept all of it.
For example, Druidic religions call for human sacrifices. What do you do at that point.

The older ones did yes but modern ones have taken a lot more human outlook. Those that follow the Rede will not harm anything or anyone unless it is in selfdefence. Yes we do pick what we feel works and most solitery pagans will make a religion that is almost all thier own but follows the major guidelines of a particular tradition.

At 8/2/06 12:20 AM, smeagol1 wrote: any one heard of chaos magic?

Yes I have what do you wish to know?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-02 14:58:28

Hmm... I'd like to join this club. I know a bit about Norse, Greek, Egyptian, and Roman Mythology, and some of the practices involved in the worship of their respective gods.

I myself have a system of beliefs that I loosely refer to as pagan, but it's not based on any one tradition I've heard of.

I have 162 deities, 81 gods, and 81 goddesses. I believe in both resurrection and reincarnation, and have a belief of how it works. I believe the 'self' is made of four parts. I also believe in Karma.

Would it be OK if I were to stick around?

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-02 18:29:29

what is chaos magic

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-03 02:50:56

At 8/2/06 02:58 PM, Leonardo_Da_Finchy wrote: Would it be OK if I were to stick around?

Sure. I am happy to have you.

At 8/2/06 06:29 PM, smeagol1 wrote: what is chaos magic

Give me till tomarrow. I just turned 21 last night and another dude that I am friends with turned 21 tonight so I am to drunk to think right now. I will have links and a reply tomarrow.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-03 11:30:55

I'll look forward to that. I'm interested in all kinds of magick.

Am I right in thinking that the only difference between white and black magick is the intent? So, if you were to use a fire spell (for example) to start a fire, it would be white, but if you were to use the same exact spell on a person, it would be black?

Response to NG Wiccan and Pagan crew. 2006-08-03 12:15:41

At 8/3/06 11:30 AM, Leonardo_Da_Finchy wrote: I'll look forward to that. I'm interested in all kinds of magick.

Am I right in thinking that the only difference between white and black magick is the intent? So, if you were to use a fire spell (for example) to start a fire, it would be white, but if you were to use the same exact spell on a person, it would be black?

Yes the only differance is intent. However I am going to tell you that you CAN NOT start a fire with magick. It is impossible and any one that thinks they can is out of thier mind. Magick cannot break the laws of pyhsics. Now I am reasearching chaos magick for you so give me a while because I am in the Navy and on duty today. So it make take a few hours because I am always being called off to do something

BBS Signature