00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Leaving France...

11,948 Views | 94 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 05:51:38

At 12/9/05 04:07 AM, -Knox- wrote: that krap happens to me all the time, i hate it! I dont know how, but some how i have managed to suck at SLEEPING

hmm, maybe you should try and get out more, you're working a lot and should spend more time on the outside, maybe make a clay movie outdoors?

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 07:19:23

Strange, as my body always seems to 'adapt' to timezones whenever I travel. Not like I like it that way, no. I love staying up late.

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 08:11:41

I know how you feel Tom I hate when that happens I'm glad the meetings when well I'm pumped for the new game

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 08:19:28

At 12/8/05 11:49 PM, TomFulp wrote: It's 5:30am and I'm about to grab a taxi to the airport to fly back home. I never managed to fall asleep last night... I think my body is still on Philly time. I hate sleep anxiety. John and I were talking video game business kinda late and I went to bed at 2am and was like, "You gotta fall asleep now so you can get three and a half hours of sleep." An hour later... "You better fall asleep now so you can get two and a half hours of sleep." By 4am, the only thing on my mind was the acute awareness that I wasn't falling asleep.

It's always that final half hour, when you've given up on the possibility of getting any sleep, that your body starts to finally let go and drift a little.... But when that started to happen at 5am I got pissed off because I knew in 30 minutes the alarm would go off and I'd be more tired from falling asleep, so I decided to punish my stupid body by getting up at 5am

Tom you couldnt have put that any better. Thats exactly how it works when your anxious for getting up the next day and just getting up is easier as its harder to get up when youve fallen asleep. This sometimes happens to me on sundays, i go to bed at 10:30pm and dont fall asleep till about 2am. Whats the point of going to bed early if this is what happens :S Sundays cause school is the next day + monday and no one likes those days.

Good luck with your next game anyway. Ill buy it if its anything as good as alien hominid and thats very good indeed.

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 08:28:22

Getting into computers does that with your sleep. With the internet you can work all night or just be curious, it doesn't close at dinner time. I love how quiet it is at night too. I havn't had normal sleep ever since buying my first computer. First it was staying up late in chatrooms, then IM, then building websites, then flash, then mIRC scripting, now I just read digg.com.

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 08:31:04

Make sure you get lots of rest at the airport, I'm ready to steal your.....I mean, make sure nobody steals your stuff

That's right

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 08:35:40

"Well tom, your mot the only one, I work about 16 hours a day and I start at4 am in the morning, but I have gotten used to it....
Well its not fun and im canadien and in the east so you probubly
die here bacause of your lack of sleep...ahahaha"

your friend(okay, you havent met me or talked to me or eny thing....) -GezaB

hehe, roll, roll and roll

Leaving France...

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 09:04:57

Hey Tom, while you were awake... were you think about me? :)

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 09:10:14

At 12/9/05 07:42 AM, BadReligionSkater wrote: Tom is busy, so he asked me to post this for him.

Har har, har.

BBS Signature

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 09:30:24

Sleep? heh you will get to noramal sleep times when you get back, glad you had fun though...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 09:36:39

At 12/9/05 07:42 AM, BadReligionSkater wrote: Tom is busy, so he asked me to post this for him.

Hahaha, it looks so real.

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 10:02:57

hope you had a good time tom

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 10:59:20

That sucks about not getting any sleep, oh and please do not name your new game ye olde side scroller.

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 11:15:27

Nice update Tom. Good to hear you had a good time over there and also, very nice to see your next game featured as one of the games to watch for in 2006! :)

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 11:47:34

Good luck on your journey home.

Hopefully the plane wont be taken over by terroists again.

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 11:51:12

I can't believe a user would post a fake photo of Tom in this forum. It is obviously not real:
1. Tom is in Lyon, not Paris...so the Eiffel tower would not be visible.
2. Tom is not wearing a Newgrounds shirt, which he ALWAYS does when out of the country.

The question is, how someone got the original photo which was taken by Tom's public relations team, and intended for the USA Today PR package later this month. I have been given permission to post the original. Cheesy photoshop alterations of Tom's photos should be discouraged!

Leaving France...

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 11:53:23

At 12/9/05 11:51 AM, Tomsdad wrote: The question is, how someone got the original photo which was taken by Tom's public relations team, and intended for the USA Today PR package later this month. I have been given permission to post the original. Cheesy photoshop alterations of Tom's photos should be discouraged!

Tom has a public relations team? BadReligionSkater's photoshop was way better than yours Mr. Fulp :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 12:01:53

At 12/9/05 11:51 AM, Tomsdad wrote: The question is, how someone got the original photo which was taken by Tom's public relations team

waid?

BBS Signature

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 12:06:46

WTF?

I didn't even know you were in France. I should probably pay more attention to updates.

Well, anyway, congrats on IGN listing your game.

I am not responsible for the content of the post above.

BBS Signature

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 12:37:46

ooooo, the photoshop possibilities....

so, any luck over in France on a publisher??

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 12:52:21

At 12/9/05 12:47 PM, BadReligionSkater wrote: The Eiffel Tower is always visible in any photograph taken anywhere in or related in any way to France. This is a law of nature and there are no exceptions.

As Einstein once said:

"Der Eiffel Aufsatz ist so groß (zwar nicht so schön wie der Blackpool Aufsatz) der ist sichtbar von irgendeinem Punkt in Frankreich, nach innen und heraus ist."

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 14:12:30

At 12/9/05 05:51 AM, Inglor wrote:
At 12/9/05 04:07 AM, -Knox- wrote: that krap happens to me all the time, i hate it! I dont know how, but some how i have managed to suck at SLEEPING
hmm, maybe you should try and get out more, you're working a lot and should spend more time on the outside, maybe make a clay movie outdoors?

Did u see Clay World OTT? Alot of it is outside. Heh it's a funny movie. I recommend it.

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 14:53:00

Ye Olde Side-Scroller - Lmao, what do they come up with!

Awesome, and will it come out for all platforms? GC, and Xbox too?

"Actually, the server timed out trying to remove all your posts..."

-TomFulp

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 15:01:45

TomFulp Is Coming Home Yay

Leaving France...

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 15:59:59

Have a safe trip man! keep it V man!

Leaving France...

Don't shoot him, he's one of gods special creatures. *charge* PWNED!

BBS Signature

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 17:49:19

:'( Aww damn, I know how much it sucks to no be able to fall asleep. It happens to me every once in a while while I'm thinking about how exciting my new accomplishment is. Well, hopefully you'll have a break to catch back up on your sleep. Good luck!
And I can't wait to play the new game, good job on the top 20!

The guy hoping you get some sleep,
JeremysFilms

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 19:32:49

I can not wait to play the new game. Any time I hear about a game that hails back to the golden days of Cadash, I feel a warm tingle in my pants.

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 20:06:06

Whats the title of your game?

BBS Signature

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 21:19:53

Is there any other trip outside USA on your plans?

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Leaving France... 2005-12-09 21:20:30

Sweet.Hurry back,oh and try to post some pics of that new game.

[If you aint cheatin,you aint tryin]~ooooooo say can you rock!

O and ah........jesus christ is in heaven now!

BBS Signature