00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,968,222 Views | 60,502 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-20 17:06:56

At 11/20/08 02:25 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 11/20/08 01:46 PM, Corky52 wrote: I couldn't agree with sonofkirk anymore. He has hit it right on the nose. This club isn't something that I want to be a part of either for almost the same exact reasons. I also will leave along with sonofkirk.
You're a slimeball, you used your audio friend to weasel out of this club, and I say good riddance. I personally will feel nothing but relief to know that the clubs I work in, you won't be.
If you feel an overwhelming urge to argue about this, do the world a favor and send me a simple PM.

Woah, What happened here? There can be a way that we can solve this little argument that is happening here. I may have been inactive in recent times, but it seems things have gotten out of hand. Corkey don't think you should leave this club as you are one of it's best members in my opinion.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-20 19:02:22

What's happening? Seriously, it's like every time I come around, there's more drama, more accusations of a "different club", and people quitting. Like life, this club is what you make of it and I may have been inactive for awhile, but I'd like to think this club still stands for it was created for... to protect the portal. I mean when I joined, I started to vote fairly and not for stats and I'd like to think everyone who has joined this club has also done so. As we approach 1000 pages it seems now, more than ever, everyone here needs a reminder of that. If you don't like the way things are here, then quit, but don't create drama because your mad, just resign and go on your way and try to keep the values this club stands for. Don't get it wrong, we're to serve the portal, not whatever you'd like to think. We can make a difference, we just have to work together. As cliche as it is, it's also true (which is why it's cliche), but I have to get ready for work, so I'm off.
\\\Salutes

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-20 20:46:13

Well... I'm kinda new here, and I haven't talked too much to you (sonofkirk and Corky52) in this place. I like both of you, but if you feel like leaving, it's your decision, and if you think it's the right one, then I have no problem.

Have a nice day/night/whatever :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-20 21:11:54

Whatever. People come and go all the time around here, and most for bullshit reasons. But even though they are bullshit reasons, they believe them, and nothing we can say will stop them from leaving. It's like being in a relationship; if one person isn't happy in the relationship, then they shouldn't be a part of it. If Corky and Kirk are unhappy around here, leave. Go some where where you'll be happier.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-21 08:52:44

I don't know about you guys, but I'm seeing a common denominator in why people are leaving this club.

When the last wave left, we had issues that cleared up quickly. This was because the person who had been, for one reason or another, responsible for the users making their decisions to leave, was banned.

This has got to stop. If you're turning this into a popularity contest, Phantom, you've already lost, because the members who left outnumber the ones who will readily side with you. Drop the negative persona and lighten the fuck up. We're here to have fun, aren't we?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-21 13:50:09

At 11/21/08 08:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: I don't know about you guys, but I'm seeing a common denominator in why people are leaving this club.

You've known me longer than that Coop, or so I hope. I have a sense for people that despite being good B/Pers, still aren't good people and really wouldn't handle the club runs anyhow.

Yes, so they don't like me either, but who cares, what I remember, as I'm sure you do as well, is some 900+ pages ago when EagleRock and a few others, all wanted to make the portal a little better. Since then tens and hundreds of thousands of points have been mind, and I'd like to think that while new problems do rise, we help clear up old ones.

Members too. I really have more respect for you than I do for a lot of others, which is why I'm not afraid to address you with this like an adult. I hope you don't pin those members leaving on me alone, but you also the negativity they bore with them which some didn't see until they were gone.

On the other hand, I had my share in things and I do have a knack for ticking people off. With that said, some people need to be taken with both their good and their bad.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-21 20:53:45

Just checked in been reading the post sorry that both Corky52 and sonofkirk, have decided to leave. But that's the way it goes a real shame to lose members, but if your not happy no point staying here i guess. Well want to do more in the way of b/ping but have slipped somewhat, because of the silly console which i now have sold. I did not like it i thought it sucked but that's only my opinion shame i could not get on with it hated the design and the game was no fun. Off topic that but i had not brought it up till now anyway salutes.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-21 20:55:23

Alright then. That's it. I'm disbanding the Barracks.

No wait, actually I'm not, because I think problems have more solutions than "suck it up" and "run away".

Firstly, to the people leaving. If you've been made to feel unwelcome here, why in the Christ haven't you told me before now (and I assume it's long-time discomfort, as leaving because of one day of being 'picked on' is kind of wussy)? Through the wonders of the private message system, I'm only a few keystrokes away. While I mostly lurk, I still respond to PM's and I still run the administrative functions of the Barracks. If you have or had a problem, informing me about it before running off might have been a swell idea. I've reprimanded people for being dicks before, both new people and long-time members---a simple PM would have either got your problem people to fly right or kicked out if they were irredeemably prickish. Fact is, y'all are jumping the gun, but if you want to go, fine. Send Coop83 a PM regarding your resignation. If y'all want to actually discuss the problems you've been happening, though, the PM button is right above my post.

Secondly, this is not a situation where Phantom is the bad guy. I know it's easy to try and make him the villain, but fact is, he's trying NOT to start shit in the thread. If he's criticizing you over PM, or non-abusively criticizing your flash through reviews, then guess what? That's what he's supposed to do---keeping the thread clean by taking his personal disagreements to the correct areas of discussion. If a situation arises where you want an outside opinion, again, PM me and I'll handle anything that needs to be handled. But please keep the bitching outside of the Barracks.

Thirdly, the Flash quality conundrum.

Defining spam has been a problem the Barracks has had since day one, and we haven't solved it yet. Everyone has different opinions of what's good and what isn't, and there's no one definition of quality that everyone can fall behind. I cannot dictate any "official Barracks policy of quality".

...or can I?

I can't tell people what to vote or review, and I don't want to. However, when it comes to MAKING flash---something far more optional and public than ones votes---I do believe that, as Commander of the Elite Guard Barracks, I have the right to examine member submissions and, if necessary, call a conference on a member's actions.

In the EGB, voting how you want on flashes is a constitutional right. As long as you're voting based on your personal definition of quality (as opposed to point-guessing), I don't care what anyone likes or dislikes. But making flash is NOT a constitutional right here, it's a privilege, both on the site as a whole and this club in particular. We can't force anyone to stop making flash, or delete their flash, or change their style of making flash (though, if any member submits something stolen/malicious, I'll be the first to report it)...but we CAN set some basic guidelines. Anyone who can't meet those most basic of guidelines is free to leave...or, if continuing to make such work, may be asked to leave. A line must be drawn.

As mentioned previously, I am a former spam group member and still produce the occasional controversial flash. Indeed, I am acquainted with the line. For an example of what "the line" is, I'll put myself up on trial.

This is a flash that some on Newgrounds might consider to be shit. The graphics consist of hand-drawn abominations forged (almost without exception) out of the line tool. The sound is composed of Speakonia, crude 'voice acting', and Naruto music. The story involves a guy going to the airport and fighting an old terrorist in order to get to the Clock Day festival, and ends with the protagonist getting a cavity search. And yet, not only do I not consider this flash to be pointless, but I'm PROUD of the little mutant. Why?

I spent TIME on it.

There are flash artists who can animate far better than I ever will. There are people who are far more familiar with how Flash works than I. Hell, I can't even keep BUTTON ACTIONSCRIPT memorized. To people with even a smidge of natural talent, Slash's Clock Day is a piece of trash. But I spent weeks trying to put it together. I killed my voice doing Grandma Jihad's rasping ranting. I took a week trying to animate a fight scene (with tweens, oh god) before realizing my suckitude and settling with a much funnier "insert epic clash between good and evil here" message on a black screen. It was only during the course of production that I discovered static text and gradients. One could say that my flash lacks skill (one SHOULD say that, in fact), but no one could truthfully say it lacks effort. Despite the fact that I've improved since then (somewhat), Slash's Clock Day is still my favorite flash.

Let's look at a different flash now.

If you aren't familiar with a Secret Episode, it involves a subject ranting about their incredible sexual escapades...in Speakonia. An ancient Barney Bunch art, derived from the works of Strawberry Clock and Pube Muppet. This flash is simply a static image and Speakonia. Now, did I put effort into it? Yeah...into the script, making it funny...but that's it. Production took about thirty minutes, fifteen of which were writing the script...and ten of which were loading flash. This is the absolute minimum allowed in the Barracks, and should not be encouraged. My more recent Secret Episodes involve lots of tweening, with the images fucking each other or bouncing around or whatnot, so they're not as bland and require more time and effort and thus a bit less pointless.

Honestly, the only reason I didn't delete it and my other no-animation flashes is because the dialogue is humorous. The funny is the only redeeming factor.

Now, while I've tried to avoid no-effort flashes, I occasionally get co-authored with them.

My co-author contribution was merely mentioning the first one to Afro, which made him decide to make a sequel (another discussion for another day). The flash is abysmal. There is no effort, no weeks of work, no humor (the joke, if there ever was one, died with the first in the "series"), nothing. Two blobs of color. That's it. If Afro was still around, I'd ask to be un-authored (I'd un-buddy him completely, but that would un-link the collabs that I AM happy with).

Now, Corky52, how much effort did Zekey Loves Sprites 6 have?

Background image. Sprites. Copypasta'ed music loop.

There is no effort in this. None at all. A oneshot joke with no funny punchline and (for some unholy reason) five previous installments and more coming? No, I'm sorry, I'll agree with Phantom and Rena and the others that there is nothing salvageable in this. A Secret Episode has humor and tweening, at least. What you've made only belongs on Clock Day...and even then, I'd still vote zero on it.

There's nothing rulebreaking about that flash and the others, but it sets a bad image for the Barracks to have a member make such effortless garbage. We can't stop you from making it, but we can stop you from making it while being an EGB member. As you've resigned (before I could even address your first PM, perhaps wait more than one day next time), it seems you've come to the same conclusion.

The line is thus: if a flash has no impact beyond "look, it's a flash!", it should not be made by Barracks members. If there's no effort, no animation (sprites standing there is NOT animation), no humor, nothing clever or witty or inventive, we don't want it coming from here (or anywhere).

Other examples would include fake loading screens, one-frame flashes with sound (a non-humor Secret Episode, which is simply "nothing"), and static-image screamers.

I just deleted one of my flashes, as it was nothing more than one of my fanfics being read by Speakonia; nothing redeemable. Nothing stopping others from doing the same, or at least ceasing continuing to make them.

Running out of characters, switching to second post.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-21 20:58:59

At 11/21/08 08:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: This has got to stop. If you're turning this into a popularity contest, Phantom, you've already lost, because the members who left outnumber the ones who will readily side with you. Drop the negative persona and lighten the fuck up. We're here to have fun, aren't we?

I agree, there is no need for any of this. I may not have been here as long as alot of you guys, but this is just not right what is going on here. I have to agree on one thing with the two that left here, both of them felt hated here and sometimes so do i. A few select members i will not name treat me like i am nothing here. Phantom i have nothing against you at all, but you do need to lighten up some you sometimes make people feal not welcome. Coop as of now it feals you are holding the clup together at this tough time here you need to keep this up as of you were not here it would be Bedlem.

I have nothing more to say here, i hope things will change and this will pass quickly. As of now i will still be with this club until i say otherwise. On a last note i would like to say good bye to Corky and sonofkirk i don't know about the others, but i will miss both of you and good luck with your future endeavors.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-21 21:40:55

(second post)

So, my decision on this matter.

As of 21 November 2008, all EGB members are granted amnesty from previous no-effort flashes (as long as they're not rulebreaking; stolen or malicious flash submission is an instant discharge). Any new flashes like Spot the Difference or Corky's sprite shit will NOT be acceptable.

If a member makes a questionable flash, simply PM me about it (a good idea for any questionable situation) and I'll take a look. If I think it's too no-effort (and I'd say I'm pretty goddamn lenient on this, so don't bitch about me being strict), I'll ask the other Barracks members what they think. If they also agree, then the submitter will be asked to either remove/improve the flash (I deleted one of my old no-effort flashes, I don't think I'm being unreasonable) or reconsider their affiliation with the Barracks.

If they continue to make them regardless, the decision may be made for them.

There aren't many old-school spam converts in the EGB anymore (I'm the only one still quasi-active that I'm aware of, in fact), so honestly, this shouldn't be a problem.

Continuing that honesty, Corky52, it's good that you resigned, as staying would likely have led to a re-evaluation of your membership that was not likely to have ended well. As you know, your admission into the EGB was always contentious, and the final decision to allow you in was mine. I overruled the concerns of some of long-time EGB members and friends and decided to give you a chance, hoping that your spam phase was just that, a phase. Unfortunately, due to continued spamming and a bad attitude both here and in PM, it appears that my decision to be lenient was not the correct one. Hopefully the newer and stricter guidelines for recruitment will prevent this happening again in the future.

If there are any other problems, speak them up now. I won't have another five-page argument spree and watch more members leave needlessly (and others get banned).

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-22 00:04:14

At 11/21/08 08:58 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 11/21/08 08:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: This has got to stop.
I agree, there is no need for any of this.

Look, I know that Phantom has been a bag of douche throughout his Newgrounds career. I've seen it myself a couple of times. But there was always something funny about his rants, something that, even though they were mean, made you laugh a little inside. Of course, that was from outside of the argument.

But ever since a few months ago, Phantom has cleaned up his act. I haven't seen him go off on someone the way he used to, and has been extremely helpful to everyone in both the EGB and NGDD. I don't know what's made him do a 180 in his life, but I'm glad that whatever it is happened. The only thing he's done is spoken his mind in a calm and intellectual manner and was retaliated against. He fought back.

As for what Slash said, I agree. People should have told on Phantom, or manned the fuck up about it, and realize that you don't want to interact with him. Phantom wrote a review (whether through PM or an actual review, I don't know) of Corky's series. Clearly, it would be considered spam, and Phantom said that. Corky got offended, and freaked out at Phantom. As I see it, Corky got what he deserved, and at least Slash agrees with me.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-22 04:16:10

At 11/22/08 12:04 AM, TheThing wrote:

Things change quickly around here. People change too. Check corky's profile, a lot of the spam is gone, along with a PM apology he sent me.

He just needed a good old fashioned asshole to piss him off into the right direction. Happy to help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-22 08:28:01

At 11/21/08 09:40 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Any new flashes like Spot the Difference or Corky's sprite shit will NOT be acceptable.

Does that include flash co'd on because I can't help it if some of my buddies decide to co-author me on something, sure I could remove them but I don't want to remove them since most are people I speak to. As for submitting effortless flash, that's fine by me, I don't open flash much anymore though I should, I'm just too lazy to make anything.

I still have 2 unfinished flash on an external drive I should finish one day, ahaha.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-22 12:15:03

At 11/22/08 08:28 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 11/21/08 09:40 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Any new flashes like Spot the Difference or Corky's sprite shit will NOT be acceptable.
Does that include flash co'd on because I can't help it if some of my buddies decide to co-author me on something,

Well, I certainly would hope NOT. If it's out of your control, it's out of your control.

I, for one, welcome the stand against pure spam flash. If it is obvious a Flash has no purpose and had no effort or care in its appearance then it shouldn't be linked to this club that stands for quality in the portal.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-22 18:29:46

I think this is a good decision. If the EGB is here to protect the portal, we shouldn't be submitting spam, since we stand against that.

And I also think this shouldn't include flashes that you get co-authored without submitting them, as RSQViper, it's out of our control.

Even though I don't have any submission...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-22 18:33:06

At 11/22/08 06:29 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I think this is a good decision. If the EGB is here to protect the portal, we shouldn't be submitting spam, since we stand against that.

And I also think this shouldn't include flashes that you get co-authored without submitting them, as RSQViper, it's out of our control.

Even though I don't have any submission...

You will one day, it's a matter of time

Too bad many flash ideas would go to waste but it happens.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-22 19:37:52

At 11/22/08 08:28 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Does that include flash co'd on because I can't help it if some of my buddies decide to co-author me on something, sure I could remove them but I don't want to remove them since most are people I speak to.

No, it doesn't include flash you're co-authored to (unless you actually helped make it). People should be careful who they become Portal Buddies with, but sometimes crazy buddies just randomly co-author you and un-buddying them would cause more harm than good...especially if you've made a few dozen flashes with them that you DO want to remain.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-22 21:43:59

I welcome the changes, you don't want to be linked with bad spam flashes, although what makes spam is different in other cases. SlashFirestrom, your flashes did not seem that bad but coming from a user who never submitted flash I do find it harder to tell sometimes. Of course with spammers authors like Cereal loads more i could go on for ages. Take the latest (Turd of The Week), no effort pure spam with crap false rating. Author comments go "Fuck You" about 20 times well you know what i mean. I'm glad this has been sorted out. Some people dont like Lock Legion as they say not much effort goes into it, I dont agree I love the funny computer voices thats just my view though.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-23 02:50:00

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-23 07:54:13

At 11/22/08 09:43 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: I welcome the changes, you don't want to be linked with bad spam flashes, although what makes spam is different in other cases. SlashFirestrom, your flashes did not seem that bad but coming from a user who never submitted flash I do find it harder to tell sometimes. Of course with spammers authors like Cereal loads more i could go on for ages. Take the latest (Turd of The Week), no effort pure spam with crap false rating. Author comments go "Fuck You" about 20 times well you know what i mean. I'm glad this has been sorted out.

I hate those stupid flashes that are turd of the week, I liked it more before when those flashes were, as the FAQ says, funny in a bad way. You know, they were crap, and many people hated them, but at least the author tried to make something decent. But nowadays all spammers want to get that damn award and make crap that passes judgment just because a bunch of stupid people are voting 5 on it.

Some people dont like Lock Legion as they say not much effort goes into it, I dont agree I love the funny computer voices thats just my view though.

As Little-Rena said in other thread, spam is subjective. I agree with this, some people might have different opinions when watching a "borderline" flash, although it's obvious when something is blatant spam.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-23 20:36:51

Yes your right its about what people think that matters, I agree about TOTW the flashes are not what they used to be. I miss the old days when flash passed, but somehow it was not meant to and it got the award. Written my first review for ages for The PS3 Song good movie, and was thrilled to have it rated helpful Gone quiet in here again guess not much to talk about.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-24 03:17:54

At 11/22/08 07:37 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: No, it doesn't include flash you're co-authored to (unless you actually helped make it). People should be careful who they become Portal Buddies with, but sometimes crazy buddies just randomly co-author you and un-buddying them would cause more harm than good...especially if you've made a few dozen flashes with them that you DO want to remain.

Oh well that's good then, I don't think I have many buddies that will randomly co-author me anymore, I did at one point, lol. I keep them on my list because many of them have made something with me or I've made something with them, wouldn't want to lose that.

At 11/22/08 09:43 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Some people dont like Lock Legion as they say not much effort goes into it, I dont agree I love the funny computer voices thats just my view though.

I've seen a few Lock flashes which where funny as well as Clock ones and so forth, obviously some crews do put out a lot of spam flash but they also have some that are fun to watch as well as some that are well animated too.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-24 08:42:48

At 11/21/08 01:50 PM, Phantom wrote: You've known me longer than that Coop, or so I hope. I have a sense for people that despite being good B/Pers, still aren't good people and really wouldn't handle the club runs anyhow.

Sure I've known you long enough to understand that, but surely you've known me long enough not to say that anyone isn't cut out for something until they've tried it.

Yes, so they don't like me either, but who cares, what I remember, as I'm sure you do as well, is some 900+ pages ago when EagleRock and a few others, all wanted to make the portal a little better. Since then tens and hundreds of thousands of points have been mind, and I'd like to think that while new problems do rise, we help clear up old ones.

Yeah, but with your style of 'creating more problems to solve others', does this really get us anywhere?

At 11/21/08 08:55 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Alright then. That's it. I'm disbanding the Barracks.

Will you disband it, or will it get locked first? With the flames around the place at the moment, I know which way I'm thinking.

At 11/21/08 08:58 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Coop as of now it feals you are holding the clup together at this tough time here you need to keep this up as of you were not here it would be Bedlem.

No, I'm just a regular member who has had a fair share of thread of his own locked for just this sort of thing. I don't want to see the Barracks locked, but the reason there is an English Gentleman's Club is because the precursor was locked quite some time ago. I've been around the BBS long enough to learn, but the lessons there aren't that difficult for those willing to listen.

At 11/22/08 04:16 AM, Phantom wrote: He just needed a good old fashioned asshole to piss him off into the right direction. Happy to help.

That's not productive. Please stop with this sort of attitude. This is my last polite warning.

No one member is bigger than the Barracks. Just like no one user is bigger than Newgrounds. Not even Tom Fulp. It's gone too far for that now.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-24 15:44:18

At 11/24/08 08:42 AM, Coop83 wrote: Sure I've known you long enough to understand that, but surely you've known me long enough not to say that anyone isn't cut out for something until they've tried it.

I'm not sure about that. I'm not cut out for Olympic level athletics or skydiving, I haven't tried them, but I know it won't work. Using my brain and stuff.

Yeah, but with your style of 'creating more problems to solve others', does this really get us anywhere?

misquotation? I meant to say new problems would happen either way, fixing some instead of piling them up sounds more helpful to me.

That's not productive. Please stop with this sort of attitude. This is my last polite warning.

Well let me get my productivity meter out. Oh look, it says here that unnecessary politeness is not one of my faults. Is it now?

No one member is bigger than the Barracks. Just like no one user is bigger than Newgrounds. Not even Tom Fulp. It's gone too far for that now.

I don't recall claiming that at any point. The other barracks members and officers and I decide together if an action is taken or not, megalomania is the least of characteristics here. I'm more of a Cynic anyway.

Also I don't appreciate having my arm twisted like this. I'm being civil here, and we both know I have levels of approach far beneath civil.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-24 17:53:11

Alright, alright. Goddamn, I hate you people sometimes. I love you, but there are times I just wanna...god.

With Eagle's disappearances, it's my job to keep the Barracks functioning, in terms of goals, membership, and actually existing as an unlocked thread. I will not have him come back to find the EGB locked while under my supervision. And, should things continue the way they're going, that's a possibility. And that's why I'm going to have to lay down the law.

I will make this clear. Both of the past two explosions were utterly fucking unnecessary, and if another one ever happens again, I'm not going to wait for anyone to resign. I'm going to start handing out walking papers. I've never been comfortable with the idea of booting members from the Barracks, but if I'm supposed to be the commander, then it's something I may have to do in order to keep this place running. The Elite Guard Barracks is nobody's personal flame pit. Nobody is immune from questioning or blame here. Nobody will be asked to accept being uncomfortable or harassed, and nobody will be permitted to waste pages with pointless bickering. And while I agree with the strategic assessment of spammers in the EGB, I wish to make it very clear that the only one around here in charge of kicking someone's ass into going the right direction is me, Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm, second in command and current active leadership of the Barracks.

So, I will re-iterate. If anyone has a problem with another member...whether it be a complaint about someone's actions, or annoyance at someone's criticism, you will not let it boil over into this fucking slop mess.

If two members have a confrontation, they will keep it to private communications and settle it without the Barracks ever knowing about it.

If a private resolution is not possible and the tension may influence the Barracks, I will be informed about the dispute and serve as an arbitrator until a resolution is reached.

If a simple resolution is not possible, the matter will be brought up at the EGB forums, not in the EGB thread and discussed civilly and a community consensus will be reached.

If two people have an irreconcilable problem so big that they're unwilling to let the leadership or community decide on a resolution, both members will be asked (as in, forced) to leave the Elite Guard Barracks so their petty arguing will not spill over and threaten this club. I do not care who is involved, or how long I've known them, or how correct their assessments of the other party are. We will have some fucking discipline and some fucking respect, or I will reduce the roster as much as I have to in order to run a friendly and functioning club.

I can handle any legitimate dispute regarding members with the necessary discretion and objectivity required---how long have some of y'all known me? You guys know that I won't summarily dismiss an honest and informed complaint, and that I won't sentence OR pardon someone who doesn't have it coming. But unless you guys want me to have to crack some e-skulls with some e-sticks, you need to let me know about your problems before they spill over into utter fucking stupidity. There is no reason, no reason at all, that two Barracks members should be fighting, let alone having people dropping off left and right out of protest.

The Elite Guard Barracks is supposed to be friendly. It's supposed to be a place where people who share a common interest---keeping this website clean of abuse and promoting the work of skilled artists---can come together and not only discuss how to better accomplish that goal, but also converse will each other as friends. If someone cannot play by the rules and act civilly towards others, they can find somewhere else to be a jackass. Similarly, if someone cannot take criticism about their actions without flying off the goddamn handle and resigning in a manner akin to throwing a chess board across the room, they can find somewhere else to be a bitch.

However, before anyone else resigns or gets kicked out, I would like to have some fucking communication rather than having my hand forced. So the next time any of you got a problem with another member, ring me up before all hell breaks loose. And for fuck's sake, do it privately---unless the problem is so great that I cannot help the parties reach a quiet resolution, there is no reason to get the whole roster feeling pissed off and uncomfortable, and no reason to invite a mod smackdown.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some refrigerators and drywall to move. I expect the conversation to rapidly shift into discussions about blams and how fucked up David Firth's last flash was, and why the 49'ers are breaking Slash's heart this year.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-24 18:23:01

What the club could be locked? I have been reading all the post of people quitting SonofKirk, Corky52, and I read SlashFirestorm post ,but I don't get what you mean about disbanding Coop83. He said No wait, actually I'm not, because I think problems have more solutions than "suck it up" and "run away".. My point being he was not disbanding it. I hate to see the unhappy feeling it has lately, I love this club as EagleRock, said its about having fun. Am I the only left who actually loves this club?. Its sad to see such posts about it being maybe locked.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-24 20:53:26

At 11/24/08 06:23 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: What the club could be locked?

Woah, calm down there buddy. We're not getting locked. Just as long as nobody acts like a douche and starts something inside of the EGB thread. If they do, then they get kicked out (permanently, I guess). If they do have a problem, but don't want to get kicked out, they can A.) Talk on PMs B.) Ask Slash to mediate C.) Use the private forums to talk the issue over.

So, how 'bout my 10-1 Giants?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-24 21:42:14

At 11/24/08 08:53 PM, TheThing wrote: So, how 'bout my 10-1 Giants?

They suck, lets go buffalo bills god damit. They raped there last opponent 56 to 30 something well they may have been one of the worst teams in the league, but it was a confidence boster for them after 4 stright losses.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-24 21:48:52

At 11/24/08 09:42 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 11/24/08 08:53 PM, TheThing wrote: So, how 'bout my 10-1 Giants?
They suck, lets go buffalo bills god damit. They raped there last opponent 56 to 30 something well they may have been one of the worst teams in the league, but it was a confidence boster for them after 4 stright losses.

Still won't make the playoffs. I don't care what you say, the Bills at 6-5 don't look like a playoff team, nor will they be. Let them grow a little more before they can be called great.

Look at the Browns; just missed the playoffs last year because of the strange tiebreaker rules. Now they'll be lucky to win 5 or 6 games.

And my Giants will face the Jets/Titans in the Superbowl. How cool would it be to have a Giants/Jets Superbowl?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-11-24 21:57:31

At 11/24/08 08:53 PM, TheThing wrote:
So, how 'bout my 10-1 Giants?

Pfff.. who cares about the NFL!

It's all about hockey here in Canada :D

Sharks got to win the cup, especially now that Evegeni Nabokov is back from that lower body injury (lower body or higher body??).

I have to say though, the sharks are doing much better since they fired Ron Wilson. Since the maple leafs hired him, they have been doing horrible as always!

I feel bad for Tampa Bay though, Mark Smith got injured and he's like THERE BEST GOALIE at the moment.

I wonder if anyone read this post :*(

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature