00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,966,813 Views | 60,497 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-02 20:40:31

At 9/2/08 08:07 PM, NEVR wrote: Did you ask for formal membership? I didn't see Slash confirming your place. Even though you were a Guardsman, your entry isn't automatic one your gain the rank of Private. You still need the approval of the recruitment officer.

OK, sorry then. Guess I forgot.
**AHEM!**
This is Private SoulMaster71, former Guardsman, requesting membership in the Elite Guard Barracks SIR!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-02 20:53:55

At 9/2/08 08:40 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: This is Private SoulMaster71, former Guardsman, requesting membership in the Elite Guard Barracks SIR!

Thusly accepted, lol.

Very big hurry, so I'll be brief:

1. I submitted a flash a few days ago, lol. Hope to submit more; Secret Episode Special 3 may be made in the near future, as well. If I decide to do it, I'll put up a sign-up sheet on my userpage.

MY FLASH SKILL IS AMAZING, LOL :'(

2. NEVR, you did a swell job with the updates. Sucks that you won't be doing them anymore. Also, congrats on the mod thing. Whip some abusive ass and do the Barracks proud, heh. *salute*
3. RohantheBarbarian, my condolences. Wish I could say more, but I've never had a family death and don't know what to say about it.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-02 20:55:25

Wow that's a really detailed list. Must've taken ages NEVR. Shame youre not going to be doing it anymore

At 9/2/08 12:29 PM, Azentiger wrote:

>>> 46 || [ 03533 ] || [ 610 ] || [ 87.1 ] || [ 00.0+ ] || Marsupial, Pvt. First Class +3
Probably the one I should be watching carefully. His pace is fast... and as I could miss some good points at some times... he could reach me. It could take time... but he really could reach me.

I doubt I'll be reaching you anytime soon. Plus I go back to school on Thursday so I won't be clocking a lot of b/p anymore

and Im sorry about your mother Rohan

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-02 21:01:04

At 9/2/08 11:55 AM, NEVR wrote: Random word: Face

Plant

No.## || [Total B/P] || [Gain] || [Gain/day] || [Rise/drop] || [Name, Rank]
>>> 39 || [ 05745 ] || [ 051 ] || [ 07.3 ] || [ 05.9+ ] || Pinoyguy75, Sergeant
>>> 40 || [ 05320 ] || [ 027 ] || [ 03.9 ] || [ 01.3+ ] || HeavenDuff, Sergeant
>>> 41 || [ 05169 ] || [ 084 ] || [ 12.0 ] || [ 03.4+ ] || TheThing, Sergeant
>>> 42 || [ 04816 ] || [ 020 ] || [ 02.9 ] || [ 00.2+ ] || phantomlassuk, Corporal

Well, 350 up on phantom is a nice number. But now I'm 150 back on Heaven, and he seems to be gaining speed. But I think, if I try, I can pass him in 3-4 weeks, depending on his pace. No more than 5.

And Pinoy, you're killing me. 575 back, and you pick up speed.

At 9/2/08 12:36 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: My mom died. She was 46.

Damn. I know that you weren't close, but it still has to hurt. And your little brother,.... kids are so much more sensitive to death than us people who lurk on orgish.com and /b/. I just hope that somehow, everything works out for the best that it can be right now.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-02 21:05:08

RothantheBarbian as everyone else has said im ,so sorry for your Mom,s death but you posted here is brave. I hope you do well at your new college life ,can be real rough at times. NEVR thanks for the roaster shame, its your final one, but Joshiwa. Does a swell job and well done on your Sumpreme Commander Joshiwa. I will never get that far but its lovely ,to see people get that elite badge with honors salutes.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-02 21:28:54

At 9/2/08 11:55 AM, NEVR wrote: >>> 01 || [ 62747 ] || [ 387 ] || [ 55.3 ] || [ 15.0 - ] || Phantom, EGSC
>>> 02 || [ 61921 ] || [ 017 ] || [ 02.4 ] || [ 00.5 - ] || X-Naut, EGSC
>>> 03 || [ 60501 ] || [ 036 ] || [ 05.1 ] || [ 00.8 - ] || BlueHippo, EGSC
>>> 04 || [ 57933 ] || [ 141 ] || [ 20.1 ] || [ 02.8+ ] || Seamonky, EGSC
>>> 05 || [ 46602 ] || [ 052 ] || [ 07.4 ] || [ 10.9 - ] || Sentio, EGSC
>>> 06 || [ 45269 ] || [ 157 ] || [ 22.4 ] || [ 10.1+ ] || pwroftheseagoat, EGSC
>>> 07 || [ 45103 ] || [ 319 ] || [ 45.6 ] || [ 06.1 - ] || Coop83, EGSC

It's actually quite sad and boring I now have no more EGB competition. The only person with some chance of catching up, seems to be Coop, who is sadly just over 17 thousand points away.

Oh well, thanks a lot for the update, I hope the next one is just as good (even if not by you) :P

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-02 21:57:18

At 9/2/08 08:53 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: 2. NEVR, you did a swell job with the updates. Sucks that you won't be doing them anymore.

Thanks, glad you thought so. It does suck, but I figured it was best to quit whilst I was ahead. I still intend to stick around the EGB for the time being, especially considering things are looking up around here of late.

Also, congrats on the mod thing. Whip some abusive ass and do the Barracks proud, heh. *salute*

I very much intend to :)

At 9/2/08 09:28 PM, Phantom wrote: Oh well, thanks a lot for the update, I hope the next one is just as good (even if not by you) :P

I'm sure Josh will do a great job continuing it -- I wouldn't have passed it along to him otherwise :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-03 01:18:13

At 9/2/08 09:28 PM, Phantom wrote:

It's actually quite sad and boring I now have no more EGB competition. The only person with some chance of catching up, seems to be Coop, who is sadly just over 17 thousand points away.

Hey I might provide some competition in the future :P

Oh well, thanks a lot for the update, I hope the next one is just as good (even if not by you) :P

Meh I think I could do almost as good a job, right guys? ;)

----------------------------

In case anyone looked over my previous post, as of now I will be considering filling the position of Lieutenant Records Officer, anyone that is interested in the job should PM me. With saying that I am not guranteeing that I am going to fill the position.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-03 03:43:25

At 9/2/08 11:55 AM, NEVR wrote: Random word: Face

Meh, I was always more of a Murdock fan.

>>> 06 || [ 45269 ] || [ 157 ] || [ 22.4 ] || [ 10.1+ ] || pwroftheseagoat, EGSC
>>> 07 || [ 45103 ] || [ 319 ] || [ 45.6 ] || [ 06.1 - ] || Coop83, EGSC
>>> 08 || [ 37933 ] || [ 202 ] || [ 28.9 ] || [ 21.7 - ] || PenguinLink, EGSC +1

Ooh, maybe 6th place is in sight. I'd better get chasing after it!

Thanks for the update, NEVR!

At 9/2/08 09:28 PM, Phantom wrote: It's actually quite sad and boring I now have no more EGB competition. The only person with some chance of catching up, seems to be Coop, who is sadly just over 17 thousand points away.

And your pace is plenty to keep me at bay, so I don't think I'll be offering much resistance to your dominance of the list.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-03 08:09:54

At 9/2/08 09:57 PM, NEVR wrote: I'm sure Josh will do a great job continuing it -- I wouldn't have passed it along to him otherwise :)

Well he better, or else.

At 9/3/08 01:18 AM, Joshiwa wrote: Hey I might provide some competition in the future :P

Indeed. Now you just have to double every point you ever made, and then some :)
Go ahead.

At 9/3/08 03:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: And your pace is plenty to keep me at bay, so I don't think I'll be offering much resistance to your dominance of the list.

I feel like a silver back gorilla after hearing that. I lead the tribe with the extremely large...number of B/P points. Oh well. keep it up :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-03 08:16:29

At 9/3/08 08:09 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 9/3/08 03:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: And your pace is plenty to keep me at bay, so I don't think I'll be offering much resistance to your dominance of the list.
I feel like a silver back gorilla after hearing that. I lead the tribe with the extremely large...number of B/P points. Oh well. keep it up :P

You sound like an executive Silver Back. A wild one would probably say the gorilla equivalent of 'keep your distance, or I'll tear you a new arsehole', followed by a manly beating of the chest and a roar of dominance :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-03 19:19:55

After much thought i decided to quit The Review Request Club, a shame but i found it to be more of a chore then fun. Dont get me wrong i love writing reviews, but it got to much for me to handle. So what the point if its no fun?. Like my sig? i changed it added the ,the clubs im part of. I wanted a better one but when i ask on the sigs threa,d no one took any notice. Thanks for the advice NEVR your pm was so quick. Trouble is i still so confused ,as to what not to flag guess i stay away from spam flashes.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-03 19:43:06

At 9/3/08 07:19 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: After much thought i decided to quit The Review Request Club, a shame but i found it to be more of a chore then fun. Dont get me wrong i love writing reviews, but it got to much for me to handle. So what the point if its no fun?

That's funny, thats the exact reason i quit the club, the only reason i was staying was to maintain my 100%, so i quit before i lost it, i was doing them for the sake of it, not because i was enjoying writing them.

Also

This is Private First Class Shadow, requesting membership into the Elite Guard Barracks Sir!! ;]

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 01:36:29

At 9/3/08 07:19 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: After much thought i decided to quit The Review Request Club, a shame but i found it to be more of a chore then fun. Dont get me wrong i love writing reviews, but it got to much for me to handle. So what the point if its no fun?. Like my sig? i changed it added the ,the clubs im part of. I wanted a better one but when i ask on the sigs threa,d no one took any notice. Thanks for the advice NEVR your pm was so quick. Trouble is i still so confused ,as to what not to flag guess i stay away from spam flashes.

Its a shame you quit the Review request Club, but I understand how it could be taxing on you. I wouldn't be able to review that much because I really only review things I like but now that I am an EGSC I started reviewing more since I don't have to worry about B/P points as much.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 02:19:58

At 9/3/08 07:43 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote: This is Private First Class Shadow, requesting membership into the Elite Guard Barracks Sir!! ;]

Welcome to the Barracks! I'm the Barracks Recruitment Officer, Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm. It's my job to examine new prospective recruits and see if they've got what it takes to join the EGB.

Let me explain how the recruitment process works.

Currently you are in "Standby Status" while your case is considered. During this process, me and the other Barracks members will take a look at your record---posting quality, review history/quality, flash record, etc---and see if there are any problems.

Don't worry, we're not too strict about these things; we just want to make sure that you have a decent posting record (not too many one-liners and no flaming/spamming), don't make abusive reviews or rulebreaking flash, etc..

After a period of discussion amongst the Barracks members, I (or my superiors) will make the final call. Assuming that no objections are raised, this Standby Status should only last approximately 24 hours. I will PM you with the final verdict.

Barracks members can go to the appropriate thread to discuss the potential recruit. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 04:52:15

At 9/3/08 07:43 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote:
At 9/3/08 07:19 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: After much thought i decided to quit The Review Request Club, a shame but i found it to be more of a chore then fun. Dont get me wrong i love writing reviews, but it got to much for me to handle. So what the point if its no fun?
That's funny, thats the exact reason i quit the club, the only reason i was staying was to maintain my 100%, so i quit before i lost it, i was doing them for the sake of it, not because i was enjoying writing them.

Well, I'm sorry that you chose to leave the RRC, but if you're not happy, we shouldn't force you to stay on. I never had a 100% rating there, as I refused to review Audio at first. I enjoy reviewing, but I do acknowledge that it's not for all people.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 07:10:26

At 9/4/08 04:52 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Well, I'm sorry that you chose to leave the RRC, but if you're not happy, we shouldn't force you to stay on. I never had a 100% rating there, as I refused to review Audio at first. I enjoy reviewing, but I do acknowledge that it's not for all people.

I honestly love it for one reason. I'm very busy, but I still have some free time during the day. During that free time I really don't want to do anything, but lay around or watch TV. If I didn't have to do the reviews for the RRC then I probably wouldn't review at all, but ever since I've joined I usually review all of those submissions and review a couple more on my own. It's fun trying to stay 100 percent too. I think I'm probably getting close to keeping 100 percent longer then anyone else in the club. I wouldn't know though because I haven't been a member long enough. Also, my review quality has gone up so much. I've started writing more and more during my reviews and have even been getting close to maxing out the characters available a couple of times in the past couple of days.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 07:54:53

Thanks for the reply iam grateful for you kind word,s its great you love the club Corky52. Just getting used to your new level 22, is a ace level one of my favourites. On september 14 or so i will have the lovely, Switchblade. Just wondered if i should change my aura to fab a,s it looks wicked. With level 26 no i stick with light aura. So NEVR how you finding being a mod?

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 16:37:19

At 9/4/08 04:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, I'm sorry that you chose to leave the RRC, but if you're not happy, we shouldn't force you to stay on. I never had a 100% rating there, as I refused to review Audio at first. I enjoy reviewing, but I do acknowledge that it's not for all people.

Personally, I don't like writing reviews. Most flashes are either too bad for me to waste my time on, or so good that my review would be a waste of time. And if I were to join the RRC, I'd end up just falling behind on my reviews, since I don't want to spend all of my time on NG, but I would join if I knew that I would be able to keep up to some degree.

Also, first day of school :'(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 19:15:07

Reason I dropped out of the RRC was, it was just too much work. The movies and games alone I might have been able to keep up with if I didn't spend time on other websites, however it was the audio that got me. I'm not exactly musically inclined, ya know? I mean, audio reviewing is pretty tough on me, and the majority of RRC requests tend to be songs. Plus, other sites kept me away from NG (apart from daily depositing, and even that I missed a few times) over much of the summer, making it impossible for me to keep up with the RRC.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 19:22:55

At 9/4/08 04:37 PM, TheThing wrote: Personally, I don't like writing reviews.

I kind of hate it too, I usually have nothing seriously constructive to say, and when I do, it takes days of preparation in advance to do so.

Reviewing is one of my lowest stats for a reason.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 20:41:41

At 9/4/08 07:22 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 9/4/08 04:37 PM, TheThing wrote: Personally, I don't like writing reviews.
I kind of hate it too, I usually have nothing seriously constructive to say, and when I do, it takes days of preparation in advance to do so.

Reviewing is one of my lowest stats for a reason.

I only have 89 review's, i tend to go on little spurts of making reviews every couple of months i'll go and review 5 or so flashes and not make another one for along time. I really don't like to review that much either.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-04 21:10:16

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-05 04:43:54

At 9/4/08 09:10 PM, pwroftheseagoat wrote: STOLEN

ORIGINAL

Short but informative post, heh. Anyway, it seems rather dunce to go around, stealing well known things off of Newgrounds...He'd have more luck killing everyone who knew it, then destroying its records in Newgrounds; and stopping the whistle system. With his mind.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-05 08:06:44

It's in my favorites list, I felt the need to be a good citizen and call his ass out.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-05 08:37:42

At 9/4/08 02:19 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Currently you are in "Standby Status" while your case is considered. During this process, me and the other Barracks members will take a look at your record---posting quality, review history/quality, flash record, etc---and see if there are any problems.

Ah Okay! :D

Don't worry, we're not too strict about these things; we just want to make sure that you have a decent posting record (not too many one-liners and no flaming/spamming), don't make abusive reviews or rulebreaking flash, etc..

I dont usually spam the BBS, unless im in a particularly mean mood ;P, my reviews you will find are excellent and my flashes are probably something to be desired but they dont break any rules. :]

After a period of discussion amongst the Barracks members, I (or my superiors) will make the final call. Assuming that no objections are raised, this Standby Status should only last approximately 24 hours. I will PM you with the final verdict.

Okay!

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-05 08:54:45

Welcome to the EGB Shadow-1409!

Enjoy your stay :)

In other news,

I'm only about 300 B/P away from my old rank. I'm going to try to get deity whistle since its been a very long time since i reviewed. I need to keep the flow going. New Rank + Deity Whistle + Level 25 would make me happy :D

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-05 13:24:13

At 9/5/08 08:54 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: I'm only about 300 B/P away from my old rank. I'm going to try to get deity whistle since its been a very long time since i reviewed. I need to keep the flow going. New Rank + Deity Whistle + Level 25 would make me happy :D

What was your old rank and just to be clear, you mean the number right and not the level? I'm quite bad at reading things from time to time, so sorry, lol. I forgot what Level 25 looks like now, I just know I don't like my current level, stupid knife.

Anyway, good luck achiving those things, I doubt you'll have any problem with that ;)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-05 13:29:43

At 9/5/08 01:24 PM, Little-Rena wrote: I just know I don't like my current level, stupid knife.

I quite like the knife personally. I thought the nunchaku at level 27 were kinda just trying too hard to be as good as the pre-redesign ones, and I got really bored of them in the end.

Also, the hunting knife compliments the gold aura IMO. Still, the silver gauntlet is good with pretty much any aura... I'm looking forward to that level. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-09-05 13:34:21

At 9/5/08 01:29 PM, NEVR wrote:

I quite like the knife personally. I thought the nunchaku at level 27 were kinda just trying too hard to be as good as the pre-redesign ones, and I got really bored of them in the end.

Hey now I still like the level 27 nunchucks :(

Also, the hunting knife compliments the gold aura IMO. Still, the silver gauntlet is good with pretty much any aura... I'm looking forward to that level. :)

I have come around to the hunting knife, I quite like it. But the silver gauntlet I am a but iffy on. It just seems a bit gaudy and plain to me, I think it needs another color on it to help it out.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

Also cocks.

BBS Signature