00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,960,907 Views | 60,445 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 10:29:32

At 8/15/08 10:15 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Oh well, so far Clock Day has lived up to my expectations of chaos, I can only imagine what it will be like later tonight :O

This is nothing compared to last year's, but hopefully later on it will become slightly more insane. I'm actually a little disappointed with the turnout thus far -- I expected FAR more insanity, and the portal to be flooded beyond all expectations.

I remember last year there were like 100 UJ submissions at one point -- had to click 'more recent submissions' to go and vote on them. Now THAT'S mental.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 10:39:40

At 8/15/08 10:15 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: I'm starting to lose hope in trying to get a blam today. Seriously, when B clones like R and the like are passing with scores in excess of 2.50, then it would mean there must be a flash with crappyness of biblical proportions if I'm gonna have any chance of securing a blam.

I think I must have been mistaken about getting a blam today, it has been a long time since I did any BPing so I had no idea where my blams started at the beginning of the day. A look through the obituaries, however, and not a single entry was removed with a score below the threshold, suggesting they were all deleted by the author/an admin. Even entries that are unrelated to Clock Day and deserve to be blammed are cruising through with high scores. I'm still giving out 0's, but I don't think there is any chance of getting a blam today.

Oh well, so far Clock Day has lived up to my expectations of chaos, I can only imagine what it will be like later tonight :O

It isn't too bad at the moment, I've seen it worse on non-special days. I'm expecting much more insanity later though when it is peak time in the US.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 11:18:13

At 8/15/08 10:15 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: I'm starting to lose hope in trying to get a blam today. Seriously, when B clones like R and the like are passing with scores in excess of 2.50, then it would mean there must be a flash with crappyness of biblical proportions if I'm gonna have any chance of securing a blam.

I have allready lost hope in getting a blam, i have 143 saves and can you guss not a single blam. It's what i expected. There has not been too meny flashes that are under a score of 3.00 also most of them were udder crap.

Oh well, so far Clock Day has lived up to my expectations of chaos, I can only imagine what it will be like later tonight :O

Well as never said, this is only have as bad as last year. Most of the time errors were occuring every time i tried to vote and took several attempts to get a vote through some times. I'm hoping it gets alot worse latter tonight.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 11:26:31

Yeah, Clock Day '08 is pretty slow (in comparison to other years) thus far. Of course, it's not even noon in the states yet, so expect a bigger blast in the next couple hours.

Also, the quality ratio seems to have gone way down this year. And that's saying something. I hate those twirling strawberry loops. fsdghsdfgsdfgs.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 11:48:14

Hey Slash, this guy applied to join a few pages back. You may have missed it what with all the excitement leading up to clock day.

:::salutes:::

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 12:12:14

At 8/15/08 11:48 AM, NEVR wrote: Hey Slash, this guy applied to join a few pages back. You may have missed it what with all the excitement leading up to clock day.

salutes:::

I know, I got a PM from him about it, lol. I missed the post because it was near the end of the page, which is something I've been doing since I first found the BBS. :'(

I'll begin the recruitment procedures tomorrow, since Clock Day will make everyone all rushed and not paying adequate attention, lol.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 12:51:16

Unhappy Clock Day everyone!

How can one say happy in a day of such... such... grrrrr-nes? I mean, it's horrible seeing everything green and blue!

But I won't give up on my major goal this year: one Blam point! And I can see some fellows are with me. Good, let's not give up, sir!

Also, I had a major test today. Almost 4 hours sitting in a chair and marking circles on a card. Beautiful.

I'm outta here. TO THE PORTAL!

*Salutes with enthusiasm*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 14:28:28

Hey guys, how is everybody finding Clock Day so far.

As yet I haven't gained the elusive blam point, however at the time of typing this I've racked up around 420 protection points. How are you guys doing?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 14:52:34

At 8/15/08 02:28 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Hey guys, how is everybody finding Clock Day so far.

Horrible. Simply horrible.

As yet I haven't gained the elusive blam point, however at the time of typing this I've racked up around 420 protection points. How are you guys doing?

I got 34 so far, no Blams. But that's because I'm treating Clock Day like no other day. I mean, voting fair on Flashes (yeah, I'm doing that).

Now about everyone else: how is your attitude towards Clock Day?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 15:29:06

At 8/15/08 12:58 AM, Corky52 wrote:
damn...
when are you going to stop the 1 line posts???
Damn, yell at him when Jowisha has a shorter 1 liner then he does. Again, doesn't bother me at all. Just goes how people play favorites.

ohh... you are right... I need to talk to him too
i didn't checked his posts
a PM coming XD

At 8/15/08 11:18 AM, idiot-buster wrote: I have allready lost hope in getting a blam, i have 143 saves and can you guss not a single blam. It's what i expected. There has not been too meny flashes that are under a score of 3.00 also most of them were udder crap.

Well as never said, this is only have as bad as last year. Most of the time errors were occuring every time i tried to vote and took several attempts to get a vote through some times. I'm hoping it gets alot worse latter tonight.

great... looks better

---

so... Clack Day...
well as sir-nuts said.. unhappy clock day, XD
too much crap on the portal. a lot of 0.1 or 0.2 kb flash...
a lot by Fleek... you know.. ;)
i have seen a few good ones... well a least i laugh on some

and... i love the preloader... is pretty awesome, i was thinking on do something today... but... i found i have homework i forgot

so maybe next year X3

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 15:50:29

Clock Day seems to have been a little improved over last year's. The flashes are in the green, with very few in the blue, and there are less submissions overall.

I was hoping to get 5k B/P points before I went camping, but that may not happen. Granted, I've gotten a lot, more than what I get in a week usually. But there is a distinct lack of flash in the portal.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 16:01:56

I thought I show the EGB my pic. I'll soon be joining!

The Elite Guard Barracks

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 16:09:32

At 8/15/08 04:01 PM, wwhhaatt wrote: I thought I show the EGB my pic. I'll soon be joining!

Not with posts like that and pointless picture spamming there bucko.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 16:13:20

At 8/15/08 02:52 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Now about everyone else: how is your attitude towards Clock Day?

Pfft, it's a day of fun to let your hair down and have a bit of a laugh. I've been voting 2 on a lot of things today. Gave out about 10-15 zeros which had no effect whatsoever, but meh. I'm not gonna be a stick in the mud when it comes to NG tradition.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 16:27:35

At 8/15/08 03:50 PM, TheThing wrote: Clock Day seems to have been a little improved over last year's. The flashes are in the green, with very few in the blue, and there are less submissions overall.

Improved? the quality of the submissions has went down tremendously this year i've seen so meny submissions have such a loe file size and have nothing in them at all, mostly just some shitty loop that does nothing interesting.

I was hoping to get 5k B/P points before I went camping, but that may not happen. Granted, I've gotten a lot, more than what I get in a week usually. But there is a distinct lack of flash in the portal.

Well, i have almost 400 saves now and sadly 2 blams. This is so much less than i expected this year i hope this places kicks into high gear latter on.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 16:45:06

Its absolute chaos in the portal i cant, get my head round it. Some great submisons. To many spammy crap passing with mad score, over 3 the blue is just nuts. I love this as i, such a massive fan, What pissed me off is the spam alot of the flashes are crap. I voted o and it said it passed despite, my best efforts. To much spam is passsing with authors, abusing the portal. I hope Strawberry clocks submits something today. My b/p is high although i do try ,to go on the portal alot. Wel sir off to look for more points.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 17:05:58

Well, I'm a bit late to the party, but happy clock day to my friends at the EGB. ;) I came to the portal today to see every flash with a good or awesome score...I see things are going off without a hitch. XD
It's a damn shame I didn't manage to get on till 5:00 PM, and I've got to leave for the night at 6:30. :'( Well, I'll get a little chunk of the Clock Day bounty at least. lmao

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 17:42:16

At 8/15/08 05:05 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Well, I'm a bit late to the party, but happy clock day to my friends at the EGB. ;) I came to the portal today to see every flash with a good or awesome score...I see things are going off without a hitch. XD
It's a damn shame I didn't manage to get on till 5:00 PM, and I've got to leave for the night at 6:30. :'( Well, I'll get a little chunk of the Clock Day bounty at least. lmao

Alot of author spamming the portal one called Suaronx ,or something. Its make sme mad they are abusing the portal passing, with crazy scores. There is even a clockcrew collection already and the front page ,got the quality ones.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 19:40:26

At 8/15/08 05:42 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Alot of author spamming the portal one called Suaronx ,or something. Its make sme mad they are abusing the portal passing, with crazy scores. There is even a clockcrew collection already and the front page ,got the quality ones.

It happens once a year and there's no stopping it so you might as well enjoy the ride. I just think it's crazy how it's impossible to get a blam point this year. This is my first clock day in a few years and it's changed a lot. The solid wall of blue is insane! I'm also surprised at how fast the movies are going through judgement. Either there are a shit ton of people voting on these movies or the voting threshhold was lowered from the 200 votes it takes to be judged. Whichever it is it's impressive, if you step away for a second and you've missed 5 movies.

Hope everyone is enjoying clock day!

Also my concert kicked ass! Best concert experience I've had, got right up front for most of the show! My wife was getting squished so we had to get pulled from the pit after awhile but it was an experience I'll never forget. :D

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 23:21:28

Last post before I faint on my bed.

OK, so Clock Day is drawing towards its end, and I haven't got my Blam point. Shameful, considering many flashes were submitted with the same loop on it. I am keeping a list with a few alts used this Clock Day, but there are many more around, because I left for a few hours. Where to?

Graduation party! Yeah, today I got my advanced diploma in English! I'll still do the Michigan Proficiency Exam and maybe the Cambridge First Certificate Exam by the end of the year, so I won't stop studying English.

Back to Clock Day... well, this year wasn't as awful as last year's Clock Day, but it still was horrible. I treated it like any other day here: I wasn't lenient on the Flashes. I voted like I usually do. But it just wasn't worth it, everything still passed with a high score. And Fleek used his family of alts to fill the Portal with repeated movies. Shame on everyone who voted 2+ on them. Shame.

At 8/15/08 04:13 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/15/08 02:52 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Now about everyone else: how is your attitude towards Clock Day?
Pfft, it's a day of fun to let your hair down and have a bit of a laugh. I've been voting 2 on a lot of things today. Gave out about 10-15 zeros which had no effect whatsoever, but meh. I'm not gonna be a stick in the mud when it comes to NG tradition.

I guess I was all alone then. You know, I think Clock Day generates a chain reaction, a "domino effect". Here is how it works:

1. Everyone votes 2+ on almost every submission, even if they're from the worst kind of spam;

2. This spirit of party ends for some, but the rest keeps on raving and passing everything;

3. Then everyone complain about how the Portal is: spam passing, multiple alts...

4. When suddenly someone from the staff has a solution that lasts for a month or so, until someone bypasses it somehow;

5. Portal continues messy for about 3 months, when it returns to it's original state, a couple of months before Clock Day;

6. Loop.

People got to know when Clock Day starts and when it ends. Some people think it lasts forever, and keep this party attitude. For example, last year. When the Portal became a mess? After Clock Day.

I'm out, I can't stand all this madness for any longer.

*Salutes*

But look at the bright side, we are soooo far from next Clock Day! =)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 23:29:12

Back from my day off and I will see how my friend did B/Ping for me. Looks like he did a pretty good job. He even managed to get 5 blams for me. That's crazy on a day like this. I had a good day with my girlfriend. Did I miss anything too much today?

The Elite Guard Barracks

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 23:45:46

At 8/15/08 11:29 PM, Corky52 wrote: Back from my day off and I will see how my friend did B/Ping for me. Looks like he did a pretty good job. He even managed to get 5 blams for me. That's crazy on a day like this. I had a good day with my girlfriend. Did I miss anything too much today?

It was not as bad as last year by any means. It was at a stedy pace about 20 submissions every 10 or so minutes. Yur friend did do a good job you got about 50 more than me and 2 more blams than what i go, but i was on and off because familily came over causing me to socialize with them for a couple of hours.
So how was your day with your girlfriend?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-15 23:52:34

At 8/15/08 11:45 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
It was not as bad as last year by any means. It was at a stedy pace about 20 submissions every 10 or so minutes. Yur friend did do a good job you got about 50 more than me and 2 more blams than what i go, but i was on and off because familily came over causing me to socialize with them for a couple of hours.

I see. I haven't ever been around for Clock Day, but I got a nice little taste of it when the top 50 were under judgment right after midnight. I heard NEVR say he's seen around the top 100 before. Just the date its on I probably won't ever really see a Clock Day, but that doesn't hurt my feelings too much.

The day with the girlfriend was pretty fun. We just hung out most of the day and later we went to see The Dark Knight. It was pretty good, nothing to go crazy over, but all around a good movie. Pretty predictable if I may say myself though.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-16 00:14:06

At 8/15/08 11:52 PM, Corky52 wrote:
At 8/15/08 11:45 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
I see. I haven't ever been around for Clock Day, but I got a nice little taste of it when the top 50 were under judgment right after midnight. I heard NEVR say he's seen around the top 100 before. Just the date its on I probably won't ever really see a Clock Day, but that doesn't hurt my feelings too much.

This is my second clock day, and i find it amusing how every flash gets a score of 3.00 or more. The zero button does not work today i've tried. I see your point of view as well spend the day here or go on a date. Theres no compition there, but i made sure i had nothing to do today so i could spend most of it here.

The day with the girlfriend was pretty fun. We just hung out most of the day and later we went to see The Dark Knight. It was pretty good, nothing to go crazy over, but all around a good movie. Pretty predictable if I may say myself though.

Glad you had a good time, and now might just go see that if i find some time. And i think i gots me a new girl friend myself i met her at the erie county fair and one of her hot friends on a ride, so that empy spot i had is now gone.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-16 00:46:39

At 8/15/08 11:21 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Last post before I faint on my bed.

OK, so Clock Day is drawing towards its end, and I haven't got my Blam point.

me too... not a single blam point
I'm looking at the obituaries.... there are 80
so, yes there were some blam somewhere but i didn't find them... damn
(btw... if you check the portal.. we almost get 1337 saves yesterday... that would be epic

Graduation party! Yeah, today I got my advanced diploma in English! I'll still do the Michigan Proficiency Exam and maybe the Cambridge First Certificate Exam by the end of the year, so I won't stop studying English

wow.. great man... congrats for that
well you are pretty good at english already, you are better than me XD

When the Portal became a mess? After Clock Day.

Amen.
so... let's prepare ppl, spam attacks coming

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-16 05:28:44

At 8/15/08 11:21 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:

Neither did I, and it's a pity, on any other day there would have been dozens of blamworthy submissions, instead B clones and that damn SBC loop got scores well in excess of 3.00.

Oh well, no use complaining. So how did everyone's total come out? I came out with 616, which I was pretty damn happy with considering I missed out on a lot of the American submissions (cursed timezones).

People got to know when Clock Day starts and when it ends. Some people think it lasts forever, and keep this party attitude. For example, last year. When the Portal became a mess? After Clock Day.

Well I'm out on a mission now. Clock Day left me with a 3:1 b/p ratio, can't have that. Be warned spammers, I'm out for revenge.

*evil laugh*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-16 08:32:20

At 8/16/08 05:28 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 8/15/08 11:21 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
Neither did I, and it's a pity, on any other day there would have been dozens of blamworthy submissions, instead B clones and that damn SBC loop got scores well in excess of 3.00.

idk how, but I managed to get 7. It might have helped in the fact that when the day first started out, I blammed everything I could. =\ then I gave up, seeing as to the fact that everyone in the NGPD was voting 5, instead of doing what they were made to.

Oh well, no use complaining. So how did everyone's total come out? I came out with 616, which I was pretty damn happy with considering I missed out on a lot of the American submissions (cursed timezones).

I got about 140 more saves (Damn me for being weak :P)

Yeah, right now, I am blamming anything that says happy Clock day; Clock day was yesterday!

Well I'm out on a mission now. Clock Day left me with a 3:1 b/p ratio, can't have that. Be warned spammers, I'm out for revenge.

lmao, my thoughts exactly.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-16 13:20:03

At 8/14/08 07:53 AM, sonofkirk wrote: Hi evryone. I'm sonofkirk, and I was wondering if I could join here at the EGB? I'm a Private and I have a Silver whistle at the moment. I'm very active on the Audio Portal and on the BBS (Especially on the Rage's Thread).
Sorry if my English isn't good, French is my first language.

Sorry for the delay, heh.

Welcome to the Barracks! I'm the Barracks Recruitment Officer, Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm. It's my job to examine new prospective recruits and see if they've got what it takes to join the EGB.

Let me explain how the recruitment process works.

Currently you are in "Standby Status" while your case is considered. During this process, me and the other Barracks members will take a look at your record---posting quality, review history/quality, flash record, etc---and see if there are any problems.

Don't worry, we're not too strict about these things; we just want to make sure that you have a decent posting record (not too many one-liners and no flaming/spamming), don't make abusive reviews or rulebreaking flash, etc..

After a period of discussion amongst the Barracks members, I (or my superiors) will make the final call. Assuming that no objections are raised, this Standby Status should only last approximately 24 hours. I will PM you with the final verdict.

Well, it APPEARS that the forums are down for the time being (at least, I can't load them for some reason), so all Barracks members should PM me with their opinions, and I'll tally them up. If something needs community discussion, I'll bring it up in the forums as soon as they're back up.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-16 13:30:56

Hm, now the forums are back up. Silly invisionfree.

But ya know what, y'all still PM me about it. I just want to see how a sort of 'secret ballot' vote works (though I have no intention to switch to that method in the future).

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-16 16:49:39

At 8/16/08 01:20 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 8/14/08 07:53 AM, sonofkirk wrote: Hi evryone. I'm sonofkirk, and I was wondering if I could join here at the EGB? I'm a Private and I have a Silver whistle at the moment. I'm very active on the Audio Portal and on the BBS (Especially on the Rage's Thread).
Sorry if my English isn't good, French is my first language.
Sorry for the delay, heh.

No worries, man.

But, Today, I lost my Silver whislte and I have now a Garbage whislte ... I will do my best to get a Normal whislte and higher.