00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,966,866 Views | 60,497 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 13:36:50

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 13:49:44

At 9/30/07 01:36 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: From what I can tell, this Flash is just an ad, so I marked it malicious. Anyone want to clarify?

I wasn't really sure so i just gave it a zero. I don't see it as actually being malicous, just stupid and it has no place on NG.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 16:29:30

For great Justice!
Finally there are countermeasures against this flood of spam.
Just have opened a bottle of booze to celebrate this one!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 16:33:13

Ok, I know I said I wouldn't release anything until the official Newgrounds Alpha for this series came out, but I cracked and decided to release the information about it early. I'm very excited to start this series and I always appreciate ideas!

It finally happened, my Blam and Protection points finally tied, and soon I will have more Saves that Blams. It should be a good thing that people are starting to get more Saves than they are Blams, but under the conditions that constitute it right now, it is not good at all. I can only do my part in helping protect the Portal from spam, but unless others help, my efforts are futile.

I have also noticed that the Review Moderators are really active. I see somebody post links to a goldmine of abusive reviews, and then ten minutes later, the mine has been wiped of all its resources; just like Paris Hilton and her virginity.

Back to the Portal!
*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 22:08:01

At 9/30/07 04:29 PM, Jackisback wrote: For great Justice!

I know you're enthused about this, but please don't drink inside the Barracks perimeter, we need our wits about us to fight spam. Allow me to introduce him to you EGB'ers. He's a friend of mine from a special organisation which merged with another organisation. Since I have been told not to mention them I can give you no further information. Be nice to the poor guy okay, English is a foreign language for him.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 22:15:36

Elite Guard Private First Class HeavenDuff repoting in !!!

At 9/29/07 11:07 PM, Sentio wrote:
At 9/29/07 05:03 PM, TheThing wrote:
Nope, wrong again. It's HeavenDuff who was celebrating a birthday. Maybe you should lay off the booze for a little bit, even if it is your birthday tomorrow.
Oh for fucks sake... that is your fault for quoting someone and making it look like you! :P

Mahahaha !!!

Belated happy birthday HeavenDuff, if that is wrong then I may as well go and die in a corner somewhere. ANd yes, I'm really hideously drunk right now, TIS MY BIRTHDAY AFTER ALL! :D

Thanks dude, your not wrong :P !!!
And Happy Birthday !!!

Also I am on for all the night !!!! Yeepee !!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 22:20:36

At 9/30/07 10:08 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
At 9/30/07 04:29 PM, Jackisback wrote:
I know you're enthused about this, but please don't drink inside the Barracks perimeter, we need our wits about us to fight spam. Allow me to introduce him to you EGB'ers. He's a friend of mine from a special organisation which merged with another organisation. Since I have been told not to mention them I can give you no further information. Be nice to the poor guy okay, English is a foreign language for him.

I know who he is and what organization he's from. You don't have to worry about me i'm very friendly and know a few people from his organization. There still seems to be no accounts being deleted or spam submissions i suppose we'll just have to wait to see what happens. Also does anyone here ever watch Dexter the new season starts tonight.

Go here and look for it. It's a show about a serial killer that kills serial killers. If you have Hbo you should watch it. It's an amazingly good show. Though i can't wait for masters of horror to come out with another season both amazing shows.Also sorry for going off topic i just love those two shows and wanted you guys to learn about them.

Multipurpose Blog/Normal comments.

I'm officially gay now.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 22:39:51

At 9/30/07 10:20 PM, craigalan wrote: I know who he is and what organization he's from. You don't have to worry about me i'm very friendly and know a few people from his organization. There still seems to be no accounts being deleted or spam submissions i suppose we'll just have to wait to see what happens. Also does anyone here ever watch Dexter the new season starts tonight.

Good to know (the first part) I hope the other can share the same courtesy towards him. I hope someday that there won't be spam and alts everywhere. Guess we'll just have to wait.

Go here and look for it. It's a show about a serial killer that kills serial killers. If you have Hbo you should watch it. It's an amazingly good show. Though i can't wait for masters of horror to come out with another season both amazing shows.Also sorry for going off topic i just love those two shows and wanted you guys to learn about them.

Heheh, agreed, I like the show too.

On another note, I've released yet another flash, go rate and review. Remember, I'm just warming up to my tablet, so it isn't going to be the absolute best of my works. it's more of a test than anything else. It is based off of Venom and some ninja guy. Check it out!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 22:54:53

At 9/30/07 10:08 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
At 9/30/07 04:29 PM, Jackisback wrote: For great Justice!
I know you're enthused about this, but please don't drink inside the Barracks perimeter, we need our wits about us to fight spam.

And us from the NGDD know what happens when you crack open a cold one.

I'm sorry, but you do know that you'll never live that down with those you shared it with.
Allow me to introduce him to you EGB'ers. He's a friend of mine from a special organisation which merged with another organisation. Since I have been told not to mention them I can give you no further information.

Whatever. It's like it's that important that we know who it is. People post here all the time saying "thank god! a place to fight spam!" and we think nothing of it.

Be nice to the poor guy okay, English is a foreign language for him.

I'm just glad this forum isn't in Spanish; as good as I am with the language, I probably couldn't form a decent sentence that would a.) make sense b.) be funny/intelligent.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-30 23:49:16

At 9/30/07 10:54 PM, TheThing wrote: And us from the NGDD know what happens when you crack open a cold one.
I'm sorry, but you do know that you'll never live that down with those you shared it with.

Lol, *flash back* just be glad that I'm letting you get by with using that without choking you to death over it...

Whatever. It's like it's that important that we know who it is. People post here all the time saying "thank god! a place to fight spam!" and we think nothing of it.

You forgot the word not.

I'm just glad this forum isn't in Spanish; as good as I am with the language, I probably couldn't form a decent sentence that would a.) make sense b.) be funny/intelligent.

Me too, but if it were in French I could atleast get in some good points, however unfunny they would have been.

So have you checked out my flash/finished the story yet? I've been waiting.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-01 00:28:48

At 9/30/07 11:49 PM, Andrea364 wrote: So have you checked out my flash/finished the story yet? I've been waiting.

Yeah, I just ran across it in the portal actually.

It was alright. All outlines, though. Is that going to be how the actual show is? No fill or color other than lines?

I gave it a 2/5. Passing, but definitely needs more elbow grease to make it a good watch. At one point his teeth were just colored in, not filled. You could see thru them...

Anyway, good luck with it. Hope the actual thing exceeds the trailer.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-01 00:30:58

At 9/30/07 10:20 PM, craigalan wrote: Go here and look for it. It's a show about a serial killer that kills serial killers. If you have Hbo you should watch it. It's an amazingly good show. Though i can't wait for masters of horror to come out with another season both amazing shows.Also sorry for going off topic i just love those two shows and wanted you guys to learn about them.

I read the Dexter book last year for a class project. The author has a lot of talent, and the book keeps me interested all the way through. I didn't know they had a television program for it; I'll have to go check it out soon.

Well, the Portal seems under control and I haven't seen too many rule-breaking submissions today. I got an excellent amount of Blam and Protection points today; as well as quite a few whistle points from abusive reviews. I should rank up in a few days back to Elite Guard Staff Sergeant, and then I will have the same rank as I did before the redesign; not to mention a Gold whistle should be coming my way soon.

Newgrounds High is coming well on its way and you should hopefully see it in the next few weeks if all goes according to plan. Once again, if you have any suggestions, please note them; then you can get a shout-out in the credits if the idea works.

Now time to go do my duties as an Elite Guard Barracks member while multi-tasking making Flash and rocking out to Soilwork.

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-01 01:01:23

At 10/1/07 12:28 AM, RSQViper wrote: Yeah, I just ran across it in the portal actually.

It was alright. All outlines, though. Is that going to be how the actual show is? No fill or color other than lines?

Nah, it'll be more than outlines, definitely.

I gave it a 2/5. Passing, but definitely needs more elbow grease to make it a good watch. At one point his teeth were just colored in, not filled. You could see thru them...

Ooh, I really rushed it didn't I? :/ Maybe I should have taken an extra day to finish it. After all, one and 1/2 days isn't enough to get out a streamlined flash out. Atleast it got a 3.16 and a nice green bar. :)

Anyway, good luck with it. Hope the actual thing exceeds the trailer.

Don't worry it will.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-01 02:33:39

At 9/29/07 05:03 PM, TheThing wrote: How do you know that? Are you a spammer?

No but I have tried using proxies for some of my own needs and found that out. Also, it's the first, better get to voting.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-01 12:50:38

Just when I say I'm back my laptop breaks, now that's a stab in the gut.
But I'm glad to say the portal is looking mighty fine and lots of submissions, lately which had been my real worry, and the quality is astonishin too

The top 50 hasn;t been this full of life in a long while, I do hope it keeps up, to bad college is getting in the way of my B/Ping, I'm lucky to make 20 a day.

Ah well beggers can;t be choosers and the like

*Salutes*

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-01 16:27:41

At 9/30/07 11:49 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
At 9/30/07 10:54 PM, TheThing wrote: And us from the NGDD know what happens when you crack open a cold one.
Lol, *flash back* just be glad that I'm letting you get by with using that without choking you to death over it...

I'm sorry, but now is around the time you can start to joke around about it; like when your friend slips on a banana peel and breaks their wrist; for the first week, you're all "oh shit man, that sucks", but after that, you laugh at it.

Or that's how I do it.

You forgot the word not.

What are you, my grammar check?

So have you checked out my flash/finished the story yet? I've been waiting.

Nope. I don't remember you sharing a link, and I doubt I saw it.

I lied; I just checked, and I did see it. I gave it a 2, but it has a long way to go to get a decent score. It looks unfinished, and poorly done at that. It might be able to go somewhere, but unless you work hard at it, it won't.

Also, I watched Hostel the other night. Pretty good movie, although the SFX looked a little cheesey. But I'm sure it's to be expected; I doubt it was a high budget film. There's a real twist, although you can kind of see it coming. Also, for those perverts, the first 45 minutes is sex and drugs, while the last 30-45 is gore. I give a C+, maybe a B-.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-02 09:19:34

Ok, I'm back from the land of statwhores :) I've now updated the responses list and in doing so, I also passed the magical number of 10,000 Posts. My e-Penis is tingling, just thinking about it :)

My Blams on a day-to day basis have jumped as well, so maybe an indication that we're winning the war!

*salutes*

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-02 09:52:56

At 10/2/07 09:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: Ok, I'm back from the land of statwhores :) I've now updated the responses list and in doing so, I also passed the magical number of 10,000 Posts. My e-Penis is tingling, just thinking about it :)

Amazing accomplishment, I still have a long way but at least I'm slowly nearing the 60 K B/P line. with my 4 posts a day average for now I don't have much of a chance to make your achievement anytime soon. Oh well, (over one line of actual stuff, just).

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-02 12:21:15

At 10/2/07 09:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: Ok, I'm back from the land of statwhores :) I've now updated the responses list and in doing so, I also passed the magical number of 10,000 Posts. My e-Penis is tingling, just thinking about it :)

Big congrats on that on Coop.

My Blams on a day-to day basis have jumped as well, so maybe an indication that we're winning the war!

Yeah i need to start getting more blams. ~900 gap between my blams and saves currently.

The portal seemed slow for me yesterday, only 28 points gained. I need to start staying up later if i want more B/P. Damn my being in GMT instead of an American time zone.

*salutes*

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-02 16:37:39

Speaking of Blams and Saves, my Saves finally surpassed my Blams. I think we need to start a petition to increase the time for the voting bar to load. It loads WAY before the Flashes even fully load for me. I think that a is a big reason so much crap that is not affiliated with spam groups is passing. I imagine idiots just give it a 2-5 if the author has other Flashes on their record without even viewing the particular piece of content.

On another note, I think in the next few days I should have my Gold whistle. I hope it happens soon so my ePenis can reach maximum until I get an upgrade.

Back to the Portal!
*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-03 13:32:02

At 10/2/07 04:37 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: On another note, I think in the next few days I should have my Gold whistle. I hope it happens soon so my ePenis can reach maximum until I get an upgrade.

nothing more impressive in good ole' Newgrounds than a new whistle. I'd work to get myself to Deity but I'm way too lazy, so I'll stick with gold :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-03 13:35:14

At 10/3/07 01:32 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 10/2/07 04:37 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: On another note, I think in the next few days I should have my Gold whistle. I hope it happens soon so my ePenis can reach maximum until I get an upgrade.
nothing more impressive in good ole' Newgrounds than a new whistle. I'd work to get myself to Deity but I'm way too lazy, so I'll stick with gold :(

Hell, I still don't get why I don't have a gold whistle. It's like I'm stuck in some sort of limbo or something.

I demand a gold whistle!!!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-03 15:31:16

At 10/3/07 01:32 PM, Phantom wrote:

Meh, I'm too lazy to even get past bronze, so who's the lazy bastard now?

On b/p note, who's noticed the lack of submissions in the portal? I know I have. I got over 70 on Sunday (personal record), but haven't really seen those kind of numbers since then.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-03 15:38:03

At 10/2/07 09:52 AM, Phantom wrote: Amazing accomplishment, I still have a long way but at least I'm slowly nearing the 60 K B/P line.

Thank you and good luck with getting to 60k B/P

with my 4 posts a day average for now I don't have much of a chance to make your achievement anytime soon. Oh well, (over one line of actual stuff, just).

I've slowed down with my posting - I do hope it's nothing to doo with the 10k, more the fact that I've had so little time to myself.

At 10/2/07 12:21 PM, Solidone wrote: Big congrats on that on Coop.

Muchos Gracias

At 10/3/07 03:31 PM, TheThing wrote: On b/p note, who's noticed the lack of submissions in the portal? I know I have. I got over 70 on Sunday (personal record), but haven't really seen those kind of numbers since then.

You really need to be around for Clock Day then. I was trying to Blam crap and I still managed 498 points. Non-special day record is about 120 for me, so it's doable if you plan your day correctly.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-03 20:37:37

At 10/3/07 03:38 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 10/3/07 03:31 PM, TheThing wrote: On b/p note, who's noticed the lack of submissions in the portal? I know I have. I got over 70 on Sunday (personal record), but haven't really seen those kind of numbers since then.
You really need to be around for Clock Day then. I was trying to Blam crap and I still managed 498 points. Non-special day record is about 120 for me, so it's doable if you plan your day correctly.

Meh, unlike you, I have a life. loljk, I have to go to school for 8 hours, and they have blocks on NG because of "Adult content". Which is warranted, since there is hentia and shit; but they couldn't just block the page with a flash designated "Adult". Luckily, I can still go to userpages, since they can't block all of them.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-03 21:40:29

At 10/3/07 03:38 PM, Coop83 wrote: You really need to be around for Clock Day then. I was trying to Blam crap and I still managed 498 points. Non-special day record is about 120 for me, so it's doable if you plan your day correctly.

I got 259 and I was trying to blam shit really hard. It didn't work though I came close to blamming one though. I think only 2 out of 1000+ submissions was blammed. My personal best is 289 in 24 hours. It was the very day after clock day that I broke my previous record. I hope the next Clock Day won't be so shitty.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-03 23:21:15

At 10/3/07 09:40 PM, Andrea364 wrote: I got 259 and I was trying to blam shit really hard. It didn't work though I came close to blamming one though. I think only 2 out of 1000+ submissions was blammed. My personal best is 289 in 24 hours. It was the very day after clock day that I broke my previous record. I hope the next Clock Day won't be so shitty.

On a day when almost anything passes, it is bound to be shitty for people like us who actual care about the quality of the Portal. I think people seeing Clock Day is another big attribute in the issue of lots of crap passing the Portal that is not affiliated with spam groups. I just want to see the Portal prosper like it did back in late '05 and early '06. If the Newgrounds staff had seen what Clock Day has brought, then I doubt they would have ever officially sponsored it.

I have also noticed the EGB slowing down. What is happening people?

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-03 23:24:35

That's a nifty achievement you have there. Still have a few hundred more posts to go before I get there...

To an extent, yeah. There are still a few spam submissions passing, like those TTA's. I've seen around 8 of them within the past 3 days. But meh, at least it's not a frequent thing. It's really bothersome when you see those flashes passing.

Other than that, the portal seems like it's starting to be treated with fair votes.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-03 23:53:49

At 10/3/07 11:21 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: On a day when almost anything passes, it is bound to be shitty for people like us who actual care about the quality of the Portal. I think people seeing Clock Day is another big attribute in the issue of lots of crap passing the Portal that is not affiliated with spam groups. I just want to see the Portal prosper like it did back in late '05 and early '06. If the Newgrounds staff had seen what Clock Day has brought, then I doubt they would have ever officially sponsored it.

Yeah, definitely. If Tom, Wade or anyone else saw the utter shit that happened, they'd most likely outlaw the day all together. I spent an hour on my ClockDay flash, it was propbably one of the few non spam flashes, and the spam flashes got 4.03's while mine was stuck with 3.95. Get the point? People don't care anymore. The fucking redesign has fucked with their minds enough that they only want to be flash whores. The Portal apocolypse is coming soon I believe. I may have predicted it wrong, it could happen this year. Or maybe it already happened, (Clock Day). I dunno, but hell, I don't think Clock Day and Madness Day have fully diminished. I mean, crap is getting through with scores of 2.00 and over and it's October!

I have also noticed the EGB slowing down. What is happening people?

Inactivity most likely, but some may be in the Portal trying to keep things under control.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-10-04 01:23:46

At 10/3/07 11:53 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
At 10/3/07 11:21 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: I have also noticed the EGB slowing down. What is happening people?
Inactivity most likely, but some may be in the Portal trying to keep things under control.

Well for myself i've been too busy with video games lol. But i'm here for now and the game's pissing me off so i'll probably be here for a while. The portal seems to be shittier than usual i can't even believe the "truth revealed" flashes are passing. I see how most of the time people at least care alittle and blam the crappiest of flashes. Those just go to stupid flashing words and colors not even a preloader.

The people seem to be 5ing everything and not even 2ing anymore. I find it annoying how people 5 instead of 2ing. If they must be dumb and protect spam why 5 it so it can get high scores? I find it really annoying.

Multipurpose Blog/Normal comments.

I'm officially gay now.