00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chyni just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,976,618 Views | 60,554 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 13:12:26

I didn't see you last post, Slash. Sorry. I just recorded my own shit and sent it to you. It's too long and I had to sacrifice quality for file size. It's probably best for me to just do what you send. Sorry.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 13:33:14

Possible Stolen Alert

Suspect

Original

The author claims it was stolen from him, but given the age of the original submission, the fact that the account is new, and that he would have been 10 at the time the flash was submitted...yeah, I'm blowing the whistle on this.

At 4/19/07 01:12 PM, Snerd wrote: I didn't see you last post, Slash. Sorry. I just recorded my own shit and sent it to you. It's too long and I had to sacrifice quality for file size. It's probably best for me to just do what you send. Sorry.

Well, if instead of the Speakonia we use the voice clip (instead of in addition to it), it should be fine. I'll go check it out and get back to ya.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 15:39:03

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 15:46:42

Well hey everybody i just got back from the portal. And yeah i also saw a few stolen movies but they have already been posted here by the looks of things so good work people on spotting them. But anyway i am now working feverishly towards getting to my next rank and b/pin anything and everything that i can.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 15:50:26

At 4/19/07 03:46 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Well hey everybody i just got back from the portal. And yeah i also saw a few stolen movies but they have already been posted here by the looks of things so good work people on spotting them. But anyway i am now working feverishly towards getting to my next rank and b/pin anything and everything that i can.

Yeah, you came a bit late for posting stolen links but anyway. Im also trying to get to my next rank, over half way there now. I want to get there before the next Barracks roster update which is in less than two weeks. welcome to the EGB anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 16:53:45

Wow, this place looks like fun for a B/Per...can I join? I have at least 3 B/P points!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 17:05:25

At 4/19/07 04:53 PM, EagleRock wrote: Wow, this place looks like fun for a B/Per...can I join? I have at least 3 B/P points!

You need at least 1500. Go back to the portal and rack up more.

:angry faic:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 17:06:22

At 4/19/07 05:05 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 4/19/07 04:53 PM, EagleRock wrote: Wow, this place looks like fun for a B/Per...can I join? I have at least 3 B/P points!
You need at least 1500. Go back to the portal and rack up more.

angry faic:

Okay, I have 31,745 now. Is that enough?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 17:13:13

At 4/19/07 05:06 PM, EagleRock wrote: Okay, I have 31,745 now. Is that enough?

SNAP

Star-pace times 31 for the win...

I guess I'll need to cancel my Search For EagleRock flash series now...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 17:18:01

At 4/19/07 05:13 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 4/19/07 05:06 PM, EagleRock wrote: Okay, I have 31,745 now. Is that enough?
SNAP

Star-pace times 31 for the win...

I guess I'll need to cancel my Search For EagleRock flash series now...

Aww...can you do it anyway? I can, like, go away and come back you know...

I only read up on the last 10 pages or so...I see Phantom is weaning his time here at the Barracks? Or am I just reading that wrong? Also, any new officers? Big events? Slash getting slapped in the face?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 17:24:00

At 4/19/07 05:18 PM, EagleRock wrote: Aww...can you do it anyway? I can, like, go away and come back you know...

Hell, I could still do it and just make it a flashback of your travels. But it wasn't gonna be imminent, anyhow...as you can tell, I'm swamped with flash at the moment, heh.

I only read up on the last 10 pages or so...I see Phantom is weaning his time here at the Barracks? Or am I just reading that wrong? Also, any new officers? Big events? Slash getting slapped in the face?

I get slapped on a regular basis. Although my milkshake still brings all the boys (and girls) to the yard...ramagi liked my flash dedicated to her. ^_^

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 17:54:30

At 4/19/07 01:33 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Possible Stolen Alert

Suspect

Original

The author claims it was stolen from him, but given the age of the original submission, the fact that the account is new, and that he would have been 10 at the time the flash was submitted...yeah, I'm blowing the whistle on this.

At 4/19/07 01:12 PM, Snerd wrote: I didn't see you last post, Slash. Sorry. I just recorded my own shit and sent it to you. It's too long and I had to sacrifice quality for file size. It's probably best for me to just do what you send. Sorry.
Well, if instead of the Speakonia we use the voice clip (instead of in addition to it), it should be fine. I'll go check it out and get back to ya.

I used Speakonia but I recorded it on my mic because I wanted to have a song in the background as a very, very subtle joke that is pretty much lost now because of the quality of the recording. Just go ahead and do Speakonia and just use my picture.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 18:11:41

At 4/19/07 05:54 PM, Snerd wrote: I used Speakonia but I recorded it on my mic because I wanted to have a song in the background as a very, very subtle joke that is pretty much lost now because of the quality of the recording. Just go ahead and do Speakonia and just use my picture.

Gotcha.

Anyhow, I PM'ed Wade about the likely-stolen flash that passed judgement, linking to the original and such. No one else needs to do so; we don't want ten people bugging him about the same thing.

:salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 18:14:26

Well i never got the chance to that you Slash and DarkLotusJuggalo for the kickass party. But anyway thanks for that and such a warm welcome. But it looks as though EagleRock has returned well thats a good thing to see. But anyway im on my way back to the portal so see you all when i return.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 18:18:01

At 4/19/07 06:14 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Well i never got the chance to that you Slash and DarkLotusJuggalo for the kickass party. But anyway thanks for that and such a warm welcome. But it looks as though EagleRock has returned well thats a good thing to see. But anyway im on my way back to the portal so see you all when i return.

No problem at all. We're somewhat like a family here and we aim to please but in the same sense, if someone goes against the family. *cracks knuckles* then its up to me to hold them down while Slash has his way with them.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 18:21:29

Yeah i cant imagine what slash would do to that person. But anyway im still b/ping and i have 460-455 to go until my next rank i think im making some good progress towards that. But well i also cant wait to see how those flashes from Slash will turn out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 19:03:31

By the end of the weekend, I should be up to 1700 b/p points. Hopefully, I can be well over that by Sunday and rather close to 1800 by Tuesday. I need to work really hard if I'm to get to 2000 b/p. Hopefully, Pico Day will make up for the points I lack toward my goal.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 19:11:07

At 4/17/07 10:49 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Slash's flashes combined with good graphics?

MY GOD

We would fucking run this place. :-O

Let's try not to get ahead of ourselves. :P

At 4/19/07 02:16 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Let's keep growing...1000 pages before the year is out!

I don't think that's going to be a problem, especially this place has gotten even more active. And most of it, I barely got to become part of. ;_;

At 4/19/07 02:44 AM, PenguinLink wrote: Damn this place moves fast. Stop posting ya punks! >:)

How do you think I feel? I've only been gone for one day, and what do I get when I come back? BAM, four pages that have yet to be read.

Hmm, you look familiar...

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 19:13:26

Yeah pico day is really going to help me reach the next rank. Cause i am going to b/ping up to that day and i am going to try to be half way there by pico day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 19:15:15

Well hopefully with the help of pico day i can reach my next rank if im lucky. Cause im going to try to be half way to my next rank by pico day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 19:18:59

Are you trying to double post in this man's interweb army?!?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 19:30:53

At 4/19/07 07:18 PM, Snerd wrote: Are you trying to double post in this man's interweb army?!?

Better than a spam post.

Or triple post. Whichever.

Cookie to those who still remember me.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 19:38:28

At 4/19/07 06:14 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Well i never got the chance to that you Slash and DarkLotusJuggalo for the kickass party. But anyway thanks for that and such a warm welcome. But it looks as though EagleRock has returned well thats a good thing to see. But anyway im on my way back to the portal so see you all when i return.

I try. :-) I noticed signs of Phantom leaving, so I figured I needed to step on back. Besides...I was bored... :-)

At 4/19/07 07:11 PM, X-Naut wrote:
Hmm, you look familiar...

Yep. Been a while, hasn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 19:41:27

At 4/19/07 07:30 PM, Peregrinus wrote:

Who the hell are all these random new people? I hope this isn't an invasion... >:(

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 19:51:41

At 4/19/07 07:41 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Who the hell are all these random new people? I hope this isn't an invasion... >:(

Yeah...who the hell are you? :-) Nice to see one of the veterans back...I still remember when you were the head honcho over at the NGPD...wow...long time ago...

And TWO cookies to all that remember me...so HA!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 20:17:39

At 4/19/07 07:51 PM, EagleRock wrote:

I remember you, you were the one who responded to me(when I was a n00b) waaaaay back there in the old pages.

do I get the cookies now?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 20:25:41

At 4/19/07 08:17 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
I remember you, you were the one who responded to me(when I was a n00b) waaaaay back there in the old pages.

No. Later. :-)

Okay, FINE, go to the Barracks Mess and grab some rations.

In the meantime, I get the daunting task of cleaning up an XP install that has been running for over 2 years. It's gotten so bad that World of Warcraft runs at 10fps. I'll take bets on:

- How much disk space I free up (I have 160GB in total, 140GB used up)
- My new FPS in WoW
- How many viruses I get
- How many instances of spyware I get
- How long this will take

I started 8:15 EST. Let's see, shall we?

...this is why I bought a MacBook...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 20:51:40

Wow, I go away for a couple of hours, and a whole page springs up!

At 4/19/07 07:15 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Well hopefully with the help of pico day i can reach my next rank if im lucky. Cause im going to try to be half way to my next rank by pico day.

I'm going to guess that was accidental, although it is fairly impressive that the second post is slightly different from the first, so it wasn't simply a case of hitting the post button twice. Good luck with reaching your goal on Pico day. Back when I first joined this club (waaaaaaay back on page 74), I would take weeks to rank up. If I was going at my current pace back then I'd rank up every week!

Cookie please :D

He was also the person who greeted my into the Barracks way back on page 74. Good to see you back around sir, and I'll look forward to my cookies, assuming Andrea hasn't stolen them. If that is the case, be warned Andrea- I have a flying monkey and I know how to use it! >:(

At 4/19/07 08:25 PM, EagleRock wrote:

I'll take bets on:

- How much disk space I free up (I have 160GB in total, 140GB used up)
- My new FPS in WoW
- How many viruses I get
- How many instances of spyware I get
- How long this will take

I started 8:15 EST. Let's see, shall we?

...this is why I bought a MacBook...

I'm not ever going to hazard a guess... it reminds me of when I tried to defrag my old computer, after using it for over three years without doing so. It took two days to get to 90%, and then crashed :D

Good to see you around anyway sir, and also Peregrinus- it's great to have some of the more senior members about, especially with this influx of new people!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 21:01:08

Oh god now i have to be on the look-out for Sentios flying monkey cause i dont want it to hurt me. But yeah even at the NGPD there was invasions of n00bs and it wasent at all fun either. But well i dont know to many of the senior members as i just joined up here yesterday. But hopefully in due ime i will be able to reconize who everybody is.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-19 21:30:58

At 4/19/07 09:01 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Oh god now i have to be on the look-out for Sentios flying monkey cause i dont want it to hurt me. But yeah even at the NGPD there was invasions of n00bs and it wasent at all fun either. But well i dont know to many of the senior members as i just joined up here yesterday. But hopefully in due ime i will be able to reconize who everybody is.

Who are you? Where am I at in this odd place? Why is there a guy name Slash stripping on stage? EagleRock, why are you coming after me with that look of death in your eyes?

I wanted some cookies but I was too late to give any answers, don't worry though everyone that didn't get any.. I snuck some in under my uniform!

I have been progressing extremely well with my b/p points total recently. I expect to be up another rank by the end of next week at the latest!

Great to see this place alive and kicking!
*Salutes*

<33

BBS Signature