New Topic Respond to this Topic
MadCow
MadCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 00:05:39 Reply

At 3/6/07 01:21 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Well I promised I would make it today so here it is.

Barracks roster – March 6, 2007

15 // 21560 // 894 // 63.3- // MadCow

Aw, darn it, I looked through your post history and saw that I was the top gainer last time you updated this!
I missed one of my only moments of glory, lmfao. But whatev's, I am still steadily going up the ranks with each day :[

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 00:12:29 Reply

At 3/7/07 11:52 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
Wonderful. Simply wonderful. Your ability to describe every single feeling the monkey had was simply astonishing.

'The monkey'? He has a name and feelings you know! :P Thanks for the kind words though- it is a long time since I did a proper descriptive piece like this, and it felt good :) I also owe you a big thanks for the idea (I'm sure you saw that I credited you for it)- my biggest weakness is inspiration for a story, although once I have something to work with I can come up with a story fairly quickly. Keep the ideas coming!

You described very well the landscape and practically every single aspect there was to the story. I could picture every image clearly. I felt like I was reading an actual piece of literature. It truly amazes me how well and clearly you can describe aspects there is to the story. And I absolutely loved the diction, or word choice.

A thesaurus is my best friend :). I used it a lot in writing this, and just changing certain words to convey exactly what I wanted to say. I'm glad you felt it was like reading an actual piece of literature- that is about a good a compliment I could ever receive :)

Every word you chose was very well used and resembled that of every scene incorporated in the story. If my Flash Animation skills were up to date- I would with great honor incorporate this into an animation.

Seriously, if you want to do that at any time then you are more than welcome to. I'd love to see some of my writing in flash form, and of course I wouldn't say no to being co-authored on something ;). If you did decide to animate this particular piece, could I ask that you use the music 'Flight of the Bumblebee ', either as Rimsky-Korsakov's original piece, or the piano adaptation by Sergei Rachmaninoff. As you can tell by the title, that was another part of the inspiration for this :). The Trans-Siberian orchestra also did a version, but I've never heard it, so you'd need to play that past me if you wanted to use that :).

Simply astonishing. You truly have talent, Sentio, and I am glad you are using it and letting us take part of it. Excellent work my friend. I hope to see more of your stories in the near future.

I'll keep writing so long as I get positive responses like this- thanks :)

*Salutes*

*salutes*

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
PenguinLink
PenguinLink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 00:39:26 Reply

At 3/8/07 12:12 AM, Sentio wrote:
'The monkey'? He has a name and feelings you know! :P Thanks for the kind words though- it is a long time since I did a proper descriptive piece like this, and it felt good :) I also owe you a big thanks for the idea (I'm sure you saw that I credited you for it)- my biggest weakness is inspiration for a story, although once I have something to work with I can come up with a story fairly quickly. Keep the ideas coming!

Sorry about that. Let me re-write the sentence "Wonderful. Simply wonderful. Your ability to describe every single feeling Bob had was simply astonishing." There, better? :P Yes, I saw that you credited me but I didn't deserve such a nice act. Thanks, although I don't think I deserve it. I will keep the ideas coming for sure, though. So keep your eyes peeled for them. :)

A thesaurus is my best friend :). I used it a lot in writing this, and just changing certain words to convey exactly what I wanted to say. I'm glad you felt it was like reading an actual piece of literature- that is about a good a compliment I could ever receive :)

Aha! So you used a thesaurus, didn't you? :D That is a writer's best friend when it comes to writing descriptive pieces like these. :)

Seriously, if you want to do that at any time then you are more than welcome to. I'd love to see some of my writing in flash form, and of course I wouldn't say no to being co-authored on something ;). If you did decide to animate this particular piece, could I ask that you use the music 'Flight of the Bumblebee ', either as Rimsky-Korsakov's original piece, or the piano adaptation by Sergei Rachmaninoff. As you can tell by the title, that was another part of the inspiration for this :). The Trans-Siberian orchestra also did a version, but I've never heard it, so you'd need to play that past me if you wanted to use that :).

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to incorporate your story into flash form, but as I stated, my animation skills aren't so great. :( I will have to improve intensively if I would like to take part in such an act. I'll take your music selections into consideration though, if the time comes when I believe my skills are reedemable of such a detailed flash animation. It should be quite a challenge to animate though when the time comes because I would want it to look exactly as you made it. So just give me some time to polish my skills, and then we'll see in the near future. Or if I never improve, you can always refer to another Flash artist. I'm sure they'd be happy to make your story into an animation. Probably would make it even better than of what I would have had in mind.

I'll keep writing so long as I get positive responses like this- thanks :)

Good to hear I at least gave you positive feedback. :) I couldn't find any flaws so that explains why I didn't leave a lengthy review as yours. :(

*salutes*

*Salutes*

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 01:06:47 Reply

At 3/8/07 12:39 AM, PenguinLink wrote:
Sorry about that. Let me re-write the sentence "Wonderful. Simply wonderful. Your ability to describe every single feeling Bob had was simply astonishing." There, better? :P Yes, I saw that you credited me but I didn't deserve such a nice act. Thanks, although I don't think I deserve it. I will keep the ideas coming for sure, though. So keep your eyes peeled for them. :)

Much better :). You did deserve the credit- without the idea I couldn't have written it.

Aha! So you used a thesaurus, didn't you? :D That is a writer's best friend when it comes to writing descriptive pieces like these. :)

Yeah, I doubt there are many writers that don't use one- it is an invaluable tool, especially for a descriptive piece like this one. I certainly couldn't live without it.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to incorporate your story into flash form, but as I stated, my animation skills aren't so great. :( I will have to improve intensively if I would like to take part in such an act. I'll take your music selections into consideration though, if the time comes when I believe my skills are reedemable of such a detailed flash animation. It should be quite a challenge to animate though when the time comes because I would want it to look exactly as you made it. So just give me some time to polish my skills, and then we'll see in the near future. Or if I never improve, you can always refer to another Flash artist. I'm sure they'd be happy to make your story into an animation. Probably would make it even better than of what I would have had in mind.

Start practicing- if this is going to be turned into an animation I want it to be done by someone I know, not some random animator. You're right, it would be graphics intensive, and I would want it to be perfect, as indeed you would as well, but if you keep practicing I'm sure you could pull it off in the not too distant future :)

A few ideas for it to pique your interest:

1) Start it off in the shed, with cobwebs, chains, bones etc setting up a really dark and sinister scene. Music would be 'Night on a Bald Mountain' by Mussorgsky, and as you move through the shed, you would see a pair of red eyes near the back, staring at you. I like to use classical pieces as I find them much more descriptive and better at setting a scene. This would be a flash with no dialog, just an assault on the senses, and the right music is important.

2) As the music comes up to a crescendo, Bob bursts from the shed (could be done from his view?), and out into a bright light...

3) The second phase uses the Flight of the Bumblebee as mentioned above, and would be a series of very fast colours and short snaps of animation. I can picture Bob swooping and flying over the roof of a mansion very quickly, and with bright colours everywhere it would be very strong on the eye following the dingy start. Bob should still have a slightly sinister look- sharp teeth, claws etc., but look happy (a smile?), and a kind of loveable in an evil way.

4) Two options for the end- another change of music, a setting sun, and Bob in silhouette on top of the mansion. The music would be much slower, and kind of bring it to a close.

OR

Bob lands in front of a wall, still using the Flight of a Bumblebee music, and it ends with looking at the viewer and slamming a swallow into the wall behind him with a smile on his face. Lots of blood needed, and is a reference to the initial dark scene after all the happiness and colour. He is meant to be used for evil after all :)

What do you think? Any other ideas? The more I think about it the more I like it. I think you could do something like this given your talents, and your last flash certainly had the colorful feel about it. This would be much quicker, and would be tough on the art front, but you're good enough to do it if you take time over it and keep practicing :). It would also be quite long, given all the music changes- it would be more like a music video than anything else, as the music would really dictate the pace and scenes.

Give it some thought :)

Good to hear I at least gave you positive feedback. :) I couldn't find any flaws so that explains why I didn't leave a lengthy review as yours. :(

I don't mind you not finding flaws, although I'm sure there are a few (did spot one typo, which is bothering me!). A positive review is still good to massage the old ego, so it's all good :)

*Salutes*

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
PenguinLink
PenguinLink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 01:29:55 Reply

At 3/8/07 01:06 AM, Sentio wrote:
What do you think? Any other ideas? The more I think about it the more I like it. I think you could do something like this given your talents, and your last flash certainly had the colorful feel about it. This would be much quicker, and would be tough on the art front, but you're good enough to do it if you take time over it and keep practicing :). It would also be quite long, given all the music changes- it would be more like a music video than anything else, as the music would really dictate the pace and scenes.

The more you tell me about it, the more I feel motivated to create such an animation. :) It would certainly be a test of my animation skills. I can even take it as a challenge to see if I can do such a thing. I can picture every image you described in an animation I could make. Quite interesting indeed. You know what? Hell, I'll take the challenge. I should try and see what I come up with. :) But it indeed will take me some time and effort. So it'll take me some time to get the animation done. The descriptions you gave me really helped me out to brainstorm what I'll want to do first. If it is possible, will you send me a PM of every idea you have? I need every idea from you as possible so that I can start off from there. The reason for why I'm asking for a PM is that I don't want the Barrracks to turn into a Flash discussion thread. :P

Give it some thought :)

I will. :)

*salutes*

*Salutes*

SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 05:56:00 Reply

:blearily stumbles in, grumbles at lack of new layout, and stumbles out:

Dayum, that mofo needs to hurry up. Slash needs an excuse to do something. :'(

So, ah...anything important happening lately?

Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 06:00:38 Reply

At 3/8/07 05:56 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: blearily stumbles in, grumbles at lack of new layout, and stumbles out:

Slash, what's up old buddy, good to see you back again, I understand though you are displeased with the layout which stayed pretty much the same, aren't we all.

The first spam movie was successfully blammed.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC
NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.
I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature
SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 06:05:18 Reply

At 3/8/07 06:00 AM, Phantom wrote: Slash, what's up old buddy, good to see you back again, I understand though you are displeased with the layout which stayed pretty much the same, aren't we all.

My computer's still messed up, so I'm kinda limited in what I can do until I get it fixed. Damn thing keeps overheating whenever I try to run anything sexy. I'm too much of a wuss to open my machine up, so...yeah.

Layout needs to hurry...

The first spam movie was successfully blammed.

That reminds me that I had like, seven flash movies I was supposed to have out by now. But until I get my machine fixed, I can't run flash maker, so bah.

And even if I did, a couple months without practice is gonna be hard to make up...sigh.

I spend my days writing Zelda hentai fanfiction on adultfanfiction.net, because I am a loser. :'(

Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 09:24:03 Reply

At 3/8/07 06:05 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: My computer's still messed up, so I'm kinda limited in what I can do until I get it fixed. Damn thing keeps overheating whenever I try to run anything sexy. I'm too much of a wuss to open my machine up, so...yeah.

This might just be my very last pc, I don't foresee having the money to replace my computer, or the strength in will to replace all the data to a new one. So I know what you mean.

Layout needs to hurry...

It should be here by now, false prophets of NG >:- (

That reminds me that I had like, seven flash movies I was supposed to have out by now. But until I get my machine fixed, I can't run flash maker, so bah.

Must be something major wrong with it, hope you get it fixed soon.

And even if I did, a couple months without practice is gonna be hard to make up...sigh.

I'd still suck even more so than you.

I spend my days writing Zelda hentai fanfiction on adultfanfiction.net, because I am a loser. :'(

That was you?!....I mean, eh, I don't read those...

BBS Signature
DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 14:51:55 Reply

I can't remember the user who said that they wanted to have a voting power of 6.66? I think it was you Sterockicy? Anyways i just got a voting power of 6.66! Bad luck maybe? OH no??? Yeah so i plan to be EGMS this week or by the end of this week so that i am one step closer to a badge with different colors.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
Sterockicy
Sterockicy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 16:14:34 Reply

At 3/8/07 02:51 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
I can't remember the user who said that they wanted to have a voting power of 6.66? I think it was you Sterockicy? Anyways i just got a voting power of 6.66!

Congratulations on getting a 6.66 VP. It wasnt actually me who desperately wanted a 6.66 VP, I think it was HomerDough. He wanted it bad but got annoyed when he passed it by levelling up in b/p rank. Then I double quoted that I was the closest to a 6.66 VP and was most likely to get it. Unfortuanately I levelled up before then and passed it. Oh that brings back memories of the competition HomerDough, Shanus and I had to get the highest b/p score. Its a real shame they are not going to catch me now and that HomerDough isnt even NGing anymore. I'm sad now, Look what you have done DarkSoldier! :(

Anyway, Congrats on getting a VP of 6.66, You are the only person I know who has succeeded in getting this score.

Yeah so i plan to be EGMS this week or by the end of this week so that i am one step closer to a badge with different colors.

Congratulations in advance on making Elite Guard Master Sergeant. You are less than 1000 points away from catching me! I cant wait until I get the new coloured badge. I am sick of the blue and grey coloured ones.

Well I am off to school now, See you all later!

*Salutes*

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature
Sterockicy
Sterockicy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 16:19:36 Reply

At 3/8/07 04:14 PM, Sterockicy wrote:
Congratulations in advance on making Elite Guard Master Sergeant. You are less than 1000 points away from catching me! I cant wait until I get the new coloured badge. I am sick of the blue and grey coloured ones.

Oh sorry what am I talking about. Your less than 2000 points away from me not 1000. Sorry for getting your hopes up :-P

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature
PenguinLink
PenguinLink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 17:42:22 Reply

At 3/8/07 05:56 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: blearily stumbles in, grumbles at lack of new layout, and stumbles out:

Fo'sho! That mofo has been takin' so dangedy long! Whadya say we go an' give him a wedgie?

I lost some IQ Points writing that shit out.

Glad to see you're roaming around these parts again. :)

At 3/8/07 02:51 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
Anyways i just got a voting power of 6.66! Bad luck maybe?

Heh, Congratulations. I won't open your profile in a long time until that number changes. I don't want to be cursed. 0_0

Yeah so i plan to be EGMS this week or by the end of this week so that i am one step closer to a badge with different colors.

Early Congratulations once you become and Elite Guard Maseter Sergeant. You have been doing good this week so keep it up! Give Sterockicy a little competition or two. :)

Watch out for Kangoroos with boxing gloves. They are the most dangerous of all creatures. :O

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

Lotus
Lotus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 20:20:38 Reply

At 3/8/07 02:51 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: I can't remember the user who said that they wanted to have a voting power of 6.66? I think it was you Sterockicy? Anyways i just got a voting power of 6.66! Bad luck maybe? OH no??? Yeah so i plan to be EGMS this week or by the end of this week so that i am one step closer to a badge with different colors.

Well my voting power is now 6.11 so maybe I'll get up to 6.66 one of these days coming up but I don't think that will be anytime soon since I just went up a rank this morning! Not too big of a big deal but its awesome considering I just got here not too long ago. Anyways, congrats on that accomplishment!

I think...

<33

BBS Signature
Sterockicy
Sterockicy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 00:11:07 Reply

At 3/8/07 05:42 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
Watch out for Kangoroos with boxing gloves. They are the most dangerous of all creatures. :O

Oh man I wish you posted that before I left for school. I got attacked and they took my lunch money.

At 3/8/07 08:20 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
Well my voting power is now 6.11 so maybe I'll get up to 6.66 one of these days coming up but I don't think that will be anytime soon since I just went up a rank this morning! Not too big of a big deal but its awesome considering I just got here not too long ago. Anyways, congrats on that accomplishment!

In time my friend, in time. You still have a while to go before you get close to that yet! Congrats on your new rank! Your on your way there!

OMFG PEOPLES LOOK AT THIS!

This UJ submission has 17,000+ views. How the fuck did this happen?

The Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature
Lotus
Lotus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 00:19:14 Reply

At 3/9/07 12:11 AM, Sterockicy wrote:
At 3/8/07 08:20 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
In time my friend, in time. You still have a while to go before you get close to that yet! Congrats on your new rank! Your on your way there!

Thanks, I hope to increase my rank again sometime soon. I will continue to watch the portal day in and day out.

Thats insane, impossible if you ask me. Mass voting perhaps? I have no clue how it could happen...

<33

BBS Signature
Sterockicy
Sterockicy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 00:24:23 Reply

At 3/9/07 12:19 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
Thats insane, impossible if you ask me. Mass voting perhaps? I have no clue how it could happen...

It is isnt it. I doubt it was mass voting though because it just got blammed. I have never seen anything like that happen before. Truly amazing!

*Salutes*

BBS Signature
Lotus
Lotus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 00:31:54 Reply

At 3/9/07 12:24 AM, Sterockicy wrote:
At 3/9/07 12:19 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
It is isnt it. I doubt it was mass voting though because it just got blammed. I have never seen anything like that happen before. Truly amazing!

That is amazing but I think they may have been trying to get the submission to have the most views ever coming out of the portal. I don't know though, I have never seen that happened before in all my time here.

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

<33

BBS Signature
PenguinLink
PenguinLink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 00:56:47 Reply

At 3/9/07 12:11 AM, Sterockicy wrote: This UJ submission has 17,000+ views. How the fuck did this happen?

It's simple. The author or other individuals kept refreshing the page. Nothing more else to it. Everytime you refresh the page, the amount of views increases. This hasn't been the only submission with "Mass-Refreshing" as I call it. There have been quite a few others. Users also do this with BBS Posts. They refresh the page until it reaches a substantial amount until they are happy. Stupid people, you ask? Yes indeed. :)

*Salutes*

LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 01:58:44 Reply

At 3/8/07 05:56 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
blearily stumbles in, grumbles at lack of new layout, and stumbles out:

Deal with it slash you will have to wait just like the others do! But who knows it may just be a big april fools joke.

ever-vigilant
ever-vigilant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 07:08:02 Reply

At 3/9/07 12:56 AM, PenguinLink wrote: The author or other individuals kept refreshing the page. Nothing more else to it. Everytime you refresh the page, the amount of views increases. This hasn't been the only submission with "Mass-Refreshing" as I call it. There have been quite a few others. Users also do this with BBS Posts. They refresh the page until it reaches a substantial amount until they are happy. Stupid people, you ask? Yes indeed. :)

*Salutes*

Im sorry but why would anyone do this? It doesnt seem to have any real purpose to it. The amount of views doesnt count, its the quality of the content. Unless there is an alternate purpose I cant see why someone would wast their time doing something like this.
e-v

DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 12:13:07 Reply

At 3/9/07 12:11 AM, Sterockicy wrote:

I think i voted on that. I may have been one of those viewers.
17,000+ views? Like other users said they like to refresh a lot. I think it's really dumb that users do that.

BBS Signature
Zornkatzu
Zornkatzu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Writer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 16:21:27 Reply

At 3/8/07 02:51 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: I can't remember the user who said that they wanted to have a voting power of 6.66? I think it was you Sterockicy? Anyways i just got a voting power of 6.66! Bad luck maybe? OH no??? Yeah so i plan to be EGMS this week or by the end of this week so that i am one step closer to a badge with different colors.

I'm currently at a 6.53 voting power. I'm hoping for EG Staff Sergeant ASAP (its time for a change of badge. I've been a Sergeant for WAY too long :P)

Sig provided by HellboundNinja

BBS Signature
DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 16:30:28 Reply

At 3/9/07 04:21 PM, Zornkatzu wrote:
I'm currently at a 6.53 voting power. I'm hoping for EG Staff Sergeant ASAP (its time for a change of badge. I've been a Sergeant for WAY too long :P)

Hmm.. yes that's a very good voting power 6.53. I'm going to get EGSM hopefully today if those flash authors hurry up and send 30 flash movies to the portal in an hour or I'll be EGSM tomorrow.

How the heck is that sterockicy running away from me in b/p? He must have some kind of super powers. When i find out how he is doing it he will be very very surprised to see what i have planed.

muhahahahhahah

BBS Signature
X-Naut
X-Naut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 18:01:17 Reply

At 3/8/07 05:56 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
blearily stumbles in, grumbles at lack of new layout, and stumbles out:

Long time, no see, Slash. Nice to see you around these parts again.

At 3/8/07 06:05 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Layout needs to hurry...

It should have been here months ago. But it's not.

Curse the admins for holding out on us.

Hope you get that fixed soon.

Really?

I mean, uh, interesting.

At 3/8/07 05:42 PM, PenguinLink wrote: Watch out for Kangoroos with boxing gloves. They are the most dangerous of all creatures. :O

I'll be sure to look out for those.

At 3/9/07 12:56 AM, PenguinLink wrote: "Mass-Refreshing"

What purpose does this even serve?

It confuses me. >:(

Filler text.
Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.
Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature
Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 19:26:45 Reply

At 3/9/07 12:24 AM, Sterockicy wrote: It is isnt it. I doubt it was mass voting though because it just got blammed. I have never seen anything like that happen before. Truly amazing!

It happened before and numbers even get higher than that, it's just that during UJ even if the same person refreshes the page, it counts as a new view, so this is basically mass viewing.

BBS Signature
KungFuCow
KungFuCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 21:57:30 Reply

300 times I came. Guess which movie I just saw????

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 22:55:39 Reply

Evening all (unless you're Sterockicy, in which case I have no idea what time it is :p). Just a quick note to say I won't be around much this weekend, as tomorrow I'm off skiing (for the first time ever), and then on Sunday I am first watching Plymouth-Watford down at the bar, and then hopefully watching 300 in the afternoon. No B/P points for me :(

Speaking of which I need 9 more points to get my 75 per day for this week. The last couple of days have REALLY picked up after the horrors of Tuesday and Wednesday. It isn't exactly the pace I am used to, but getting on the list is good enough for me this week given how busy I've been :)

At 3/9/07 07:26 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 3/9/07 12:24 AM, Sterockicy wrote: It is isnt it. I doubt it was mass voting though because it just got blammed. I have never seen anything like that happen before. Truly amazing!
It happened before and numbers even get higher than that, it's just that during UJ even if the same person refreshes the page, it counts as a new view, so this is basically mass viewing.

You see it a lot with hentai movies, somewhat unsurprisingly it must be said. I've never seen anything get as high as 17,000 views though. As has been said it is caused by a person, or people, constantly refreshing a page to boost the view count. I've also heard rumor of a bug that causes the page to refresh very quickly, although I don't know how true that is.

It does serve some very limited purpose for flash submitters though. When looking through UJ flash and you see a movie with 400 views, you automatically assume that it is about to pass, and is therefore good. Some people may just pass it straight away, hoping to catch it before it passes, but more likely a viewer will watch the flash with a different mind set. Thinking it is going to pass, the viewer will look for positives and find a reason to pass it, rather than looking for negatives as they might normally.

It doesn't make a lot of difference, but it can give it a little push towards safety. With too many views though it becomes obvious that it has been 'mass viewed' and the effect is lost.

At 3/9/07 09:57 PM, Nerijus wrote: 300 times I came. Guess which movie I just saw????

2 more days... I can't wait!! :D

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 23:21:38 Reply

This is embarrasing. I can't B/P for a while because this PC doesn't have a Flash plugin installed. I hate this. I was gonna go on a spree when the PC Tech for this house came in and brought a PC he fixed back and took the one I use. The goo dthing is this pC is basically brand new again. The really bad thing is not only can I not B/P, I can't watch any flash.

BBS Signature
Gu-rrilla
Gu-rrilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-09 23:26:58 Reply

Private Gu-rrilla Reporting For Duty...SIR!
I Would Like To be Recruited Into The Elite Guard.